Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 05-12-2017, 06:49 PM   #1
5tumpy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Driver's seat issue

Hey guys,

Pretty sure the lumbar support in my 2009 MB Mondeo just capped itself. Loud clunk like something broke, lumbar support let go, and now I can feel the springs through the back of the seat.

My question is if this poses any structural issues for the seat itself? If so, how hard is it to change the seat out? My car is a Zetec so it has airbags in the seat. I've changed seats out in Falcons before, but no electronics in an AU Falcon's seats...

Cheers guys!
5tumpy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2017, 05:35 AM   #2
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: Driver's seat issue

It shouldn't cause structural issues for the seat. Seat change out is much the same as for anything else except for the electrical discharge for the airbag.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2017, 04:51 PM   #3
5tumpy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for the reply mate... Bigger fish to fry now though... Car died on the way to work this morning... P010F Air Flow sensor fault... It's currently sitting at John McGrath Ford in Phillip ACT doing a very expensive paperweight impression! Yey!
Old 28-04-2018, 05:25 PM   #4
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

Angry Re: Driver's seat issue

This happened to me this week (2010 MB XR5). The seat wire has punched a hole thru the rear cover. Yippee (not) !!
Presume a professional trimmer fix required.

RussellW - what do you mean by else except for the electrical discharge for the airbag.
? Will the airbag go off if I remove the seat myself ?
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2018, 12:10 AM   #5
5tumpy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Exactly the same issue Allan... My daughter has since cut herself on the protruding spring... Definitely going to have to fix it, would love an answer to that question too!