Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Blue Power Racing Developments

Blue Power Racing Developments The home of Blue Power. Website Link

Old 02-02-2009, 10:13 AM   #1
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Default *BPR Tuning News*

Dear Loyal Bluepower Customer,

There is a maze of information regarding SCT tuning software and the cessation of support for XCAL1/2 tuning boxes.

Like many threads on many forums, only 50% of what I have read is true, with some of the accusations from some sides being ludicrous.

Right now many people will be feeling left out or unsupported, which is not the case.

We HAVE NOT updated our dongle, it will still work with all XCAL1 and XCAL2 boxes.

We will from here on in move forward in a manner that will enable our customer base to be inconvenienced as minimal as possible.

Regardless of who has or has not done the right or wrong thing in Australia, the key here is that BPR customers are supported, and recent decisions between Theo and Myself have created a situation where customers do not need to worry.

We still have our Advantage2 software, which has unlimited burns. Upside is, it will do all BA marks 1 and 2, and will do first part of BF. AU is ok, FG we have a way to help as well.

Support for people in the mid to later BF range will be workable through a combination of this and HPtuners software. If push comes to shove and people need a flash unit, we will sell XC3's at cost. We have done it before, and we will do it again.

SCT have much to lose here if they decide to "cut Australia off". If they have a beef with a particular company re their ethics, the Australian public should be unaffected.

In my opinion, if SCT didn't want certain companies to have the ability to reset tuner boxes, then they SHOULDN'T HAVE GIVEN THEM THE ABILITY IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!!!!!!

Digression aside, I have been testing HPtuners for some time now on our own vehicles and they are passing with flying colours. Be it Flash1 or 2, livewire or XC3, we can still support them.

I hope this information helps, if anyone has any questions, pls call on 03 9305 3000 and Theo or myself will be able to illustrate how we can help.

If anything changes, ill be sure to update.

Best regards

Chris Finnin
BPR

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2009, 10:15 AM   #2
Gambit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Awesome news mate.
Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2009, 10:20 AM   #3
GT-0099

good news their chris will drop in on wednesday to have a chat
cheers
luke
GT-0099 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2009, 12:52 PM   #4
agxr6

Thanks chris,

as always backup and customer service from Bluepower is second to none,
I now know i have no need to worry and we are getting looked after.
Looking forward to catching up later on.
agxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2009, 01:01 PM   #5
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

Great stuff Chris. As always, your dedication to the Blue Oval is unbelievable.
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2009, 01:07 PM   #6
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Thanks for pointing this out Chris, I'm sure there will be a lot of sighs of relief now.

See you tomorrow...
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2009, 01:48 PM   #7
bloggs24
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is awsome news, do all your dealers have the capability, as im in NSW.
bloggs24 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2009, 02:57 PM   #8
BAxtER
ive been 4490'd

awesome Chris..you the man!!!!
BAxtER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2009, 03:22 PM   #9
IXR08

CHris I have adv 3 software, does this mean im at risk for losing the ability to reset tuning boxes??
IXR08 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2009, 04:33 PM   #10
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Thanks Chris, Will be tossing up between XCalIII & Hp Tuners for mine.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2009, 05:54 PM   #11
Ladiesman217
I can count to potato!

I Love You Bluepower!!!

Ladiesman217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2009, 06:00 PM   #12
Andy XR8
AU3 Winged Windsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by flexxy
I Love You Bluepower!!!
i'll second that!
Andy XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2009, 06:11 PM   #13
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Careful fellas, Chris and Theo may just hold you to it, what "it" is well that's another story
XRQTR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2009, 06:43 PM   #14
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Thanks for the info Chris. I will be going XC3 anyway, so smooth sailing.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:55 PM   #15
Tucool
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Ditto
Tucool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2009, 06:57 PM   #16
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXR08
CHris I have adv 3 software, does this mean im at risk for losing the ability to reset tuning boxes??
Best for you to call me mate and ill let you know what you can/cannot do!!

www.bluepower.com.au

Old 02-02-2009, 07:16 PM   #17
XRCIST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Chris you are a GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :
XRCIST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2009, 07:30 PM   #18
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRCIST
Chris you are a GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :
Get off your knees George... :

God i have to get my car down to BPR, so sick of it not being modded... More

Damn buying houses is too time consuming :togo:
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2009, 07:44 PM   #19
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepower
Dear Loyal Bluepower Customer,

Support for people in the mid to later BF range will be workable through a combination of this and HPtuners software. If push comes to shove and people need a flash unit, we will sell XC3's at cost. We have done it before, and we will do it again.

Chris Finnin
BPR
Thanks for clarifying Chris, I was a bit bamboozled by all the other posts in the PUB threads...

Your offer to pass on new hardware @ cost is very generous, and nothing short of admirable. I tell you what though, in the event that I'm forced to upgrade hardware due to SCT's recent decision, I would prefer to take every step possible to go to a new system, with different hardware. If I was enticed to upgrade, by a better product, by the same manufacturer, well that's ok.

Pls bare with me, let me explain......

My phylosiphy in life is only ever to take it up the *** once from anyone, be they person or business, and as far as I'm concerned SCT would still be way out of line by FORCING me to upgrade. I could afford to, no issue there, but I'd prefer to spend my coin with professional establishments, even if that means I spend more to achieve an acceptable outcome.

I remain staunchly loyal to businesses that respect me as a consumer, and provide service which meets my expectation. You and all the crew at BPR excell at meeting client expectation, and this I believe is reflected in the asteem you are held, and return business BPR achieves. Just look at the number of long distance clients that would walk across water, dance amongst hot coals, or slide bare assed down a slippery dip made of razor blades just to get to your workshop! And this is nothing more than you personally, or BPR deserves.

Sorry for the rant mate, as you can tell I feel pretty darn strongly about the recent turn of events, the unconcionable behaviour by SCT, and the supposed 'olive' branch that has been offered in the other thread.

Feel free to delete this post should you deem it not appropriate Chris in your own 'backyard', but hey, now it's off my chest I feel much better :

Kindest regards

texas

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2009, 07:49 PM   #20
Rooster
Gimme Shelter

Cool

Nice work Chrisso :sm_headba
Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2009, 02:34 PM   #21
big.glenn

Well Done Chris... This is great news specialy for those who have to travel to see a tunner. See you soon..

Thanks

Big Glenn

Bluepower / Kenne Bell Supercharger

INTERCOOLED

377 rwkw

Thanks to
Chris @ BLUEPOWER
&
Kit @ GEN-TECH

Member of FPV & XR Owners Club of ACT
big.glenn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2009, 11:23 PM   #22
GT
Mrs Russellw
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: All your effort in keeping me sane and on-track. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For her honest, direct and helpful advice to members. The content of her posts help many members on the forum and most times, turn a very negative thread into a postive one. 

Hey Chris and Theo

I have done a bit of thinking and frankly I have 3 fantasic tunes in my Tune Box that I will never change. I have the street tune you did when I had the mods done and the 2 race tunes.

One achieved the Record for Craig and I and I've been driving it with the race tune until 2 weeks ago and it was a bit scary for normal driving (better at Heathcote I feel) so the street is back in. I achieved a half pass on wet tyres outside the Kilmore Police Station with plenty of smoke and no huge effort! I am happy to continue with these 3 tunes as long as I own the car so I am fully confident in the Bluepower support.

Everyone needs to relax and take it easy and trust the people they invested in.

Thanks for looking after my car so well. I know you always understood how I felt about the car and nothing has changed.

Warmest Regards
Gaela

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMS290
Fact is Gaela's GTP IS the quickest NA Boss 290 Sedan now (by a long shot)
The precedent of stripping weight and using full slicks was set years ago now.

So if you want to beat em, ya gotta join em, and being manual makes the time even more credible.
GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2009, 02:18 PM   #23
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTGTP
Hey Chris and Theo

I have done a bit of thinking and frankly I have 3 fantasic tunes in my Tune Box that I will never change. I have the street tune you did when I had the mods done and the 2 race tunes.

One achieved the Record for Craig and I and I've been driving it with the race tune until 2 weeks ago and it was a bit scary for normal driving (better at Heathcote I feel) so the street is back in. I achieved a half pass on wet tyres outside the Kilmore Police Station with plenty of smoke and no huge effort! I am happy to continue with these 3 tunes as long as I own the car so I am fully confident in the Bluepower support.

Everyone needs to relax and take it easy and trust the people they invested in.

Thanks for looking after my car so well. I know you always understood how I felt about the car and nothing has changed.

Warmest Regards
Gaela
Gaela,

ive left you alone as you have a lot on your plate. For me, the last two weeks have been the worst.

I wont ever race against one of Craigs Records. They are his, and no one will convince me that i or anyone else could do it better. He did it first, he did it best, full stop.

As with all our customers Gaela, if you ever had any issues with the tune/tuner/tunebox ill sort it.

Best wishes

Chris

www.bluepower.com.au

Old 07-02-2009, 07:20 PM   #24
hdj80

Well said Tex. Sounds like the boys here will make sure that people are not left in the lurch regardless which is a credit to their business ethics.
These are the types of businesses that survive the credit crunch...the ones that put customer relations at the front of their business not as an after thought.
hdj80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2009, 08:15 PM   #25
XA5800
I'd rather be blown

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdj80
Well said Tex. Sounds like the boys here will make sure that people are not left in the lurch regardless which is a credit to their business ethics.
These are the types of businesses that survive the credit crunch...the ones that put customer relations at the front of their business not as an after thought.

Totally agree
XA5800 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2009, 01:02 PM   #26
nt0351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA5800
Totally agree

i second that ,..

i drove down there with a car that was allready tweaked and quite lively,...after a ratio change and a BPR tune it was evident that this outfit has a better understanding of the Boss engine and what it needs to really extract it's full potential,

to be honest the car was an animal after the tune and even thou Chris asked me to be gentle in order to run the diff in ,..i couldn't help myself and had a smile on my face all the way back to Sydney

i now have 3 great tune's in my flash tuner ,...one for every occasion if you like ,.....and it's nice to know that someone is willing to support this hardware even thou they get no support from their supplier .

good stuff guys ,...keep it up ,..this is what successful businesses are built on.

Last edited by nt0351; 15-02-2009 at 01:08 PM.
nt0351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post