Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 11-08-2012, 11:29 AM   #31
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Default Re: MC Mondeo... daytime running lights.

Like most Mondeo's are the looms already there and just need to be connected up (if this has been answered previously, sorry).
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2012, 06:43 PM   #32
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
Like most Mondeo's are the looms already there and just need to be connected up (if this has been answered previously, sorry).
If that is seriously the case, its going to make life a lot more easy & fun with the installation. I really do hope you're right!
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2012, 08:08 PM   #33
whitetdci

It should be correct. I have found this with many other makes. If you can get a wiring diagram is should show you the looms and colours to look for.
whitetdci is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2012, 10:25 PM   #34
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Any updates on the DRL's yet? Are they coming from China?
Old 17-08-2012, 10:31 PM   #35
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As there is quite a bit of interest in this topic, I wonder if the mods could merge the three (3) current / active threads into one? I just thought we could all get value out of everyone elses experiences / ideas around this topic. Am I asking the right thing here or is there another way to get the threads merged?
Old 17-08-2012, 10:32 PM   #36
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Quick question re: DRL's

As there is quite a bit of interest in this topic, I wonder if the mods could merge the three (3) current / active threads into one? I just thought we could all get value out of everyone elses experiences / ideas around this topic. Am I asking the right thing here or is there another way to get the threads merged?
Old 17-08-2012, 10:33 PM   #37
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: MC Mondeo Titanium DRL's

Old 18-08-2012, 08:05 AM   #38
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ope126
Sure is.

Send a pm to a moderator quoting the thread IDs and request a merge.

Generally, if the moderator thinks a merge is warranted it is likely to happen.

Similar technique for closing/locking a thread.

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2012, 03:39 PM   #39
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
Any updates on the DRL's yet? Are they coming from China?
Yeah they're coming from China.

I've been away since Wednesday though, will double check and follow everything up later.
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Old 21-08-2012, 07:36 PM   #40
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Well well well - looky what arrived for me today

(Actually, arrived on the 17th, but I was away and only got a chance to pick them up from the post office today).

They seem decent quality build wise, don't feel too flimsy, and they also come with a little black box to wire them up with (I assume its to dim/off them when the headlights go on).
Quote:
Old 21-08-2012, 10:02 PM   #41
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well done Riksta!
Tell me, are they a glass or plastic lense?
Old 21-08-2012, 10:43 PM   #42
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

They seem to be a plastic mate.

Stay tuned anyway. I have tomorrow off work but doubt I'll get to them, gotta work this weekend but perhaps next weekend I'll get them in. I'm pretty excited though, can't wait to get them installed!
Quote:
Old 21-08-2012, 10:57 PM   #43
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

Quote:
Well done Riksta!
Tell me, are they a glass or plastic lense?
Like everything made in China I'd have guessed plastic, they look OK though and who else but the Chinese would manufacture all these aftermarket goodies for us to tart up our cars with
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2012, 08:38 AM   #44
whitetdci

really jealous. can't fit them in the MA
whitetdci is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2012, 11:52 AM   #45
mighty-mon

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetdci
really jealous. can't fit them in the MA

Well..... if you replaced your quater panels on the MA with MC ones then....yes you could have them.
mighty-mon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2012, 12:44 PM   #46
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Actually the holes are in the bumper, would an MC bumper bolt straight on to an MA?
Quote:
Old 27-08-2012, 11:53 PM   #47
tom jones
Vespa lover

Hey guys,
I have first hand experience concerning this particular post. I recently bought a set of these. Paid about $130 USD including postage from China. Check out this website. www.alibaba.com and type in search for Ford Mondeo DRLS. They offer silly prices for these DRLs for example only of you purchase a quantity of 100 or so. Ignore this like I did. Just drop them an e mail asking price for one set. Do a little negotiation and bingo, get yourself a deal. Took a gamble buying from China but it paid off. The instructions were in "pigeon" english and a little confusing. A few e mails later, the Chinese were fantastic and helpful. Exactly the same as original parts (well they look the same anyway even down to the Made in Slovakia on the rear) for a quarter of the price and so easy to install. They look fantastic fitted and compliment the Zetec. If any one needs any advice then drop me a line. I'll be more than pleased to tell you how to install. Currently working on rear view camera and auto dimming mirror with reverse camera display. It ain't easy. Will assist others with this too once I've sorted it. For your info, before anymore questions get asked on this subject, the DRLs stay on with dipped headlight and the DRLs just dim. THIS IS NOT ILLEGAL IN AUSTRALIA. If you do want them to go off, I know how to do that too.

Last edited by tom jones; 27-08-2012 at 11:55 PM. Reason: duplication
tom jones is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2012, 07:21 AM   #48
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom jones
Hey guys,
I have first hand experience concerning this particular post. I recently bought a set of these. Paid about $130 USD including postage from China. Check out this website. www.alibaba.com and type in search for Ford Mondeo DRLS. They offer silly prices for these DRLs for example only of you purchase a quantity of 100 or so. Ignore this like I did. Just drop them an e mail asking price for one set. Do a little negotiation and bingo, get yourself a deal. Took a gamble buying from China but it paid off. The instructions were in "pigeon" english and a little confusing. A few e mails later, the Chinese were fantastic and helpful. Exactly the same as original parts (well they look the same anyway even down to the Made in Slovakia on the rear) for a quarter of the price and so easy to install. They look fantastic fitted and compliment the Zetec. If any one needs any advice then drop me a line. I'll be more than pleased to tell you how to install. Currently working on rear view camera and auto dimming mirror with reverse camera display. It ain't easy. Will assist others with this too once I've sorted it. For your info, before anymore questions get asked on this subject, the DRLs stay on with dipped headlight and the DRLs just dim. THIS IS NOT ILLEGAL IN AUSTRALIA. If you do want them to go off, I know how to do that too.
Welcome Tom Jones!!!

Please feel free to share your experiences, we are all eager to do the same.
What state do you live? Did you remove the bumper or just the headlights for the install? Also does the black plastic infill just clip in / out? Or do you have to cut it out and then glue the DRL's on?
I will send you a PM soon as keen t buy a set that "DIM's"...

Glenn
Old 28-08-2012, 12:30 PM   #49
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Great! The moderators have actioned my request to merge the varios threads relating to DRL's into one easy to follow thread; THANKS!!!

So Tom Jones, did you make your own loom, or did you connect to factory loom (if available)?
Old 28-08-2012, 02:46 PM   #50
tom jones
Vespa lover

No, the loom came with the parts. 3 cables came from the loom. One yellow, one black and one blue.
The yellow connects to the engine fuse box (ignition), so DRLs only come on with ignition, the black connects to ground on the suspension strut and the blue I tapped into the side light wire so when side lights come on, DRLs dim.

I had to remove the bumper and front passenger side headlight. Can be done alone which I did. Remove the black blanking plastic parts to the front bumper. Just give them a pull and they pop off as only plastic welded at rear. Then with new plastic holders, I liquid nailed them in. Once dryer, pop in the DRLs and thats when I connected them up and hey presto, job done.
Old 28-08-2012, 02:50 PM   #51
tom jones
Vespa lover

If you guys can tell me how to up load a photo, Ill put photo of finished product on the forum.

Last edited by tom jones; 28-08-2012 at 03:00 PM.
Old 28-08-2012, 03:31 PM   #52
mas89

i just ordered some for my zetec mondeo, have use the bottom fog on my other cars as DRL but since there is a spot for them might as well use it. in the past i wired my to go on with ign and they then turn off when the main beam is on
mas89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2012, 07:55 PM   #53
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Thanks TomJones, although not too keen on the part about removing the bumper. Guess we'll see how I go on Sunday when I will hopefully get a chance to do my install!
Quote:
Old 28-08-2012, 08:23 PM   #54
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok so I bit the bullet also... Purchased my DRL's and should have within 1 week...
Old 28-08-2012, 08:29 PM   #55
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom jones
No, the loom came with the parts. 3 cables came from the loom. One yellow, one black and one blue.
The yellow connects to the engine fuse box (ignition), so DRLs only come on with ignition, the black connects to ground on the suspension strut and the blue I tapped into the side light wire so when side lights come on, DRLs dim.

I had to remove the bumper and front passenger side headlight. Can be done alone which I did. Remove the black blanking plastic parts to the front bumper. Just give them a pull and they pop off as only plastic welded at rear. Then with new plastic holders, I liquid nailed them in. Once dryer, pop in the DRLs and thats when I connected them up and hey presto, job done.
Which Fuse Number did you use (to tap yellow wire too) in the Engine Fusebox?
As per my Haynes Workshop Manual you used Earth Location E1 - Strut tower next to battery for the black wire that gets earthed.
Old 29-08-2012, 12:33 AM   #56
tom jones
Vespa lover

Cant remember exactly what tapped into re the ignition. Will check out tomorrow and get back to you. At work at the moment. And yes to the strut tower.
Old 29-08-2012, 02:01 PM   #57
tom jones
Vespa lover

see below thread.

Last edited by tom jones; 29-08-2012 at 02:15 PM. Reason: I am making a mess of downloading photos!
Old 29-08-2012, 02:14 PM   #58
tom jones
Vespa lover

Hey OPE126,

Had a look. The fuse box located at the front right of the engine bay as you look at it, if you take the cover off, mostly shows fuses and relays. To the right of that fuse box, there are some cables attached to a harness within the fuse box. Look at the right hand sided harness and you will see two green cables. It is here, I tapped into the green cables with the yellow cable from the DRLs. Simply put an electrical male connector on to the yellow cable and pushed it home and beside of green cables. (there is room). This is your ignition. I have taken photos but I have no idea how to upload to forum. If you can tell me how to do it, I will upload them. If it makes things easier,you can PM me. I'll send you them via e mail and you can upload them onto site if you wish.
Old 29-08-2012, 10:03 PM   #59
nevetsg

Hi Tom

This is how I add photos.
1. Sign up for dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/
2. follow the instructions to upload to the Public folder
3. right click the uploaded file and "copy public link" to the file
4. use that link in the insert image option when posting
hope this helps.
nevetsg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post