Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 15-11-2006, 08:46 PM   #61
NeishaXR8_347
SS Grunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Shaun, sell him your engine, made good power on my dyno, send it to cranbourne, get a flasher, bingo fun times
I thought about this but im still a few weeks away with the stroker. Otherwise i would have mentioned it.

Shaun

I will also enter any part of the Forum I wish to enter. :
NeishaXR8_347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2006, 10:01 PM   #62
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by neishaxr8
I thought about this but im still a few weeks away with the stroker. Otherwise i would have mentioned it.

Shaun
My stroker is only 2 weeks away...
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2006, 10:37 PM   #63
NeishaXR8_347
SS Grunt

Do you know what parts they are using? And final prices?
For mine im using speedpro pistons, scat h beams, scat 9000 series crank, king bearings, comp cam, comp lifters and more fancy items. Mine has come to a total cost of $3000, all i have to do now is build it up and tune it.

You cant go wrong with a stroker tho, you cant beat the torque they pump out.

Shaun.

Old 15-11-2006, 10:39 PM   #64
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Do you know what parts they are using? And final prices?
For mine im using speedpro pistons, scat h beams, scat 9000 series crank, king bearings, comp cam, comp lifters and more fancy items. Mine has come to a total cost of $3000, all i have to do now is build it up and tune it.

You cant go wrong with a stroker tho, you cant beat the torque they pump out.

Shaun.
Not sure on parts but I know the stroker kit comes to $2800 or $3400 with the cam and valve springs. Never driven or even been for a drive in a stroker so it will be a completely new experience for me.
Old 15-11-2006, 10:45 PM   #65
NeishaXR8_347
SS Grunt

is that $3400 plus machining or all up? do you know the specs on your cam and how much power did they estimate?

It will feel like a whole new car so you'll forget about the funds.

4.0L to 5.0L to 5.6L theres a bit of a chain happening there Redxr8 lol.

Old 15-11-2006, 10:45 PM   #66
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Here's a question, does anyone know what kind of power levels the rest of the driveline can handle before it decides to give up?
Old 15-11-2006, 10:48 PM   #67
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
is that $3400 plus machining or all up? do you know the specs on your cam and how much power did they estimate?

It will feel like a whole new car so you'll forget about the funds.

4.0L to 5.0L to 5.6L theres a bit of a chain happening there Redxr8 lol.
$3400 + machining and tuning and labour. Total is $7500 which I don't think is too bad. Matt did tell me the specs but I was at work and couldn't write them down, I will make sure to get all the details soon though. And there does seem to be a bit of a chain going on doesn't there, I wonder what's next.
Old 15-11-2006, 10:54 PM   #68
NeishaXR8_347
SS Grunt

With the drive line, the stroker will obviosly put loads on it but it depends on how you treat the car, if you are constantly putting it in first and doing silly things then it wont last long. But drive it normal but squirt it through the gears nd keep it all serviced and i cant see you having to much of an issue. Just do what your doing now, Replace them as they go lol.

Shaun.

Old 15-11-2006, 10:59 PM   #69
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
With the drive line, the stroker will obviosly put loads on it but it depends on how you treat the car, if you are constantly putting it in first and doing silly things then it wont last long. But drive it normal but squirt it through the gears nd keep it all serviced and i cant see you having to much of an issue. Just do what your doing now, Replace them as they go lol.

Shaun.
I can't afford to put it in first and do silly things, the price of 18's still ain't cheap. But I can see what you are saying with replacing as I go, seems to be a trend with me, breaking something so I can justify to the mrs that "I need it".
Old 15-11-2006, 11:03 PM   #70
NeishaXR8_347
SS Grunt

Yeah but you may not have a problem with it, my cousin has a sigma with a 2.6astron in it and he has killed 2 yes 2 9in diffs, he has had it on a dyno and is only putting out 75rwhp, the last 9in was rebuilt. Now how the hell do you break a 9in with 75hp?

But he does rev it to 6000 and drop the clutch now that is what i call silly things and that. Dont do things like that and you should be fine.

Old 15-11-2006, 11:06 PM   #71
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Yeah but you may not have a problem with it, my cousin has a sigma with a 2.6astron in it and he has killed 2 yes 2 9in diffs, he has had it on a dyno and is only putting out 75rwhp, the last 9in was rebuilt. Now how the hell do you break a 9in with 75hp?

But he does rev it to 6000 and drop the clutch now that is what i call silly things and that. Dont do things like that and you should be fine.
BLOODY HELL, now that's talent lol. I want to save the drive line for as long as possible, the brakes are going to need to be upgraded soon though I think :
Old 15-11-2006, 11:11 PM   #72
NeishaXR8_347
SS Grunt

They may or may not need changing it depends on you drive style. But the 5.6 will have more poke so you will most likely change your driving styles to suit the extra power. Theres no point in having it if your not gonna use it (safely tho).

Im out for tonight, goodluck with the build up mate.

Shaun.

Old 15-11-2006, 11:12 PM   #73
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
They may or may not need changing it depends on you drive style. But the 5.6 will have more poke so you will most likely change your driving styles to suit the extra power. Theres no point in having it if your not gonna use it (safely tho).

Im out for tonight, goodluck with the build up mate.

Shaun.
Thanks for all the info.
Old 16-11-2006, 01:20 AM   #74
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

You will end up with similar power to a T3 5.6 stroker, so driveline shouldn't be an issue. Pretty sure the auto in the T3s is the same as the XRs anyway, and if yours is manual, just treat the clutch gently and you shouldn't have any issues. Slipping the clutch a bit on fast take-off may eventually kill the clutch, but it should save everything else.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2006, 01:46 AM   #75
cedric
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i can never see why people think more power needs more breaks. more speed, yes. more aplications in a row(track work) yes. more power, no. if you run out of brakes (in a modern falcon) on the street you are seriously breaking the law or can't drive for s h i t.
cedric is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2006, 10:32 AM   #76
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedric
i can never see why people think more power needs more breaks. more speed, yes. more aplications in a row(track work) yes. more power, no. if you run out of brakes (in a modern falcon) on the street you are seriously breaking the law or can't drive for s h i t.
Or maybe people just want to have a car that is a complete package.
Old 16-11-2006, 10:48 AM   #77
Rob
Living the dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXR8220
Not sure on parts but I know the stroker kit comes to $2800 or $3400 with the cam and valve springs. Never driven or even been for a drive in a stroker so it will be a completely new experience for me.
Stroker = TORQUE! :
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2006, 10:49 AM   #78
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLC
Stroker = TORQUE! :
TORQUE = :evil3:
Old 06-12-2006, 03:51 PM   #79
620hp_gt

Is ya car going again, yet.

Lookin good,

What killed it , a bad tune up and detonation.

How many KW's
620hp_gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2006, 08:58 PM   #80
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 620hp_gt
Is ya car going again, yet.

Lookin good,

What killed it , a bad tune up and detonation.

How many KW's
Should be ready for me tomorrow...hopefully. And it was a bad tune and detonation that killed it, as for rwkw's I don't have a figure yet but we are hoping for somewhere around the 210 - 230 mark.