Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Closed Thread

Old 28-09-2006, 07:18 PM   #61
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Thats like me asking you why did you buy a jacked up softroader station wagon wannabe 4x4 when you could have got a REAL 4x4 like a Patrol or Cruiser? Why waste money on what is a crazy pretend 4x4 when its RWD only layout is going to make it only marginally better than a BA Stationwagon?

I'm guessing that it suits your purpose right? How about pulling your head in and lay off the "crazy clarks" comments... maybe go drive up a hills somewhere?
Did I personally take a shot at your car? No. My car is far far superior then yours so I wont even bother defending it.

How about you go play with your CAI, I seriously have alot of respect for some guys on here and what they have done with their car, as for you, you make out your cars the fastest AU on the road, sadly its only marginally better then most stockos. You talk it up, other guys get around here with their body kits and sound systems, their cars are beautiful but they dont go on about how good they are all the time.

As for the CAI, i really dont see the value at 600 dollars, you can get the Tickford setup plus a hole in the front of the box for less then $50 sounds like its a better deal to me.

So in future unelss you want a reply like this, bite your tongue!
Old 28-09-2006, 07:20 PM   #62
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
OK, cold air intakes it is... not V8's, not superchargers, not calling people what want to mod AU I6's "crazy clark" specials... hang on, I didn't do that.

Value for money I think the G&D intake I have on my car is worth every cent I PAID FOR IT for the performance increase it gives ME. I think anything less is wasted money.. simple as that. The G&D intake is superior. Not by huge amounts as anything on these cars are measured in small gains.. but enough to make it something that is BETTER than the standard airbox.
You can argue all you like.. but it wont change my mind that I think its value for money for what I want to achieve. Of course I will never convince you of that because you don't want to achieve the same thing I do. That's fine with me.. but don't try and tell me that its wasted money because YOU think it is. (hence the bodykit analogy.. just because I see it as something I wouldn't buy for a stock car, I have no right to tell you its wasted money as it fulfils something YOU want to achieve).
so 5 kws is a big increase nowadays..

Damn i must be well behind the times.
Old 28-09-2006, 07:23 PM   #63
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSTerritoryGhia
How about you go play with your CAI, I seriously have alot of respect for some guys on here and what they have done with their car, as for you, you make out your cars the fastest AU on the road, sadly its only marginally better then most stockos. You talk it up, other guys get around here with their body kits and sound systems, their cars are beautiful but they dont go on about how good they are all the time.
Someone had to say it... The sheep can play follow the 'leader', yet the others go about getting good times, having nice cars and enjoying the forums without all the self hype and "do what I do" crap

Old 28-09-2006, 07:24 PM   #64
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
OK, cold air intakes it is... not V8's, not superchargers, not calling people what want to mod AU I6's "crazy clark" specials... hang on, I didn't do that.

Value for money I think the G&D intake I have on my car is worth every cent I PAID FOR IT for the performance increase it gives ME. I think anything less is wasted money.. simple as that. The G&D intake is superior. Not by huge amounts as anything on these cars are measured in small gains.. but enough to make it something that is BETTER than the standard airbox.
You can argue all you like.. but it wont change my mind that I think its value for money for what I want to achieve. Of course I will never convince you of that because you don't want to achieve the same thing I do. That's fine with me.. but don't try and tell me that its wasted money because YOU think it is. (hence the bodykit analogy.. just because I see it as something I wouldn't buy for a stock car, I have no right to tell you its wasted money as it fulfils something YOU want to achieve).
Listen mate, i'm not trying to stir you up ok? I'm contributing to options and i basically get told by you what i'm saying is bullcrap and that the G&D intake is the only way to go. In this case, you're wrong. Just because you have the stuff on your car doesn't mean you need to prevent others from finding a cheaper and better alternative by shooting down other peoples opinions. Let us have our own say perhaps..
Old 28-09-2006, 07:27 PM   #65
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennAUII
Listen mate, i'm not trying to stir you up ok? I'm contributing to options and i basically get told by you what i'm saying is bullcrap and that the G&D intake is the only way to go. In this case, you're wrong. Just because you have the stuff on your car doesn't mean you need to prevent others from finding a cheaper and better alternative by shooting down other peoples opinions. Let us have our own say perhaps..
Thats not what I'm saying. In fact, if you read the thread, I didnt even bring up the G&D box. From the start I talked about modifying the existing box.
What I'm saying is in direct response to you saying that the G&D box is, effectively, a waste of money. To some it may be, to others it isnt.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Old 28-09-2006, 07:27 PM   #66
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

I am getting a CAI, what does that make me?

Stupidity certainly wont get you better performance, and the amount of development G&D, Bluepower Herrods and ACE put into their products your reply is.... bah just shows the ignorance in the design of the post to start with.

May I suggest you re read what you type, or head your own advice, before you hit the submit button, it doesn't take much and saves the embarrassment.
Old 28-09-2006, 07:27 PM   #67
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecraft
Someone had to say it... The sheep can play follow the 'leader', yet the others go about getting good times, having nice cars and enjoying the forums without all the self hype and "do what I do" crap
I've never asked anyone to follow me. They are free to follow you if that helps your ego.

Old 28-09-2006, 07:35 PM   #68
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I've never asked anyone to follow me. They are free to follow you if that helps your ego.
There you go again. Ego?

The only one here with an ego is you sadly, we read it all too often, your cars fantastic for what it is, but at the end of the day other peoples idea of good performance doesnt consist of spending money and running backwards. The G&D box is obviously very good but has anyone bothered to compare to a standard box with a new snorkle and some holes in the front of it. Usually 1 - 3 kws can be gained from a K&N and Tickford Snorkle, how does one feel an extra 2 kw for approxmately $400 more.

For me that doesnt make sense but then again I drive a wanna be 4wd that cost more then most standard 4wds, i must be a ********.
Old 28-09-2006, 07:35 PM   #69
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No matter what I say my opinion will be wrong here...
I just think its a very sad and poor form on behalf of you guys as moderators to not accept other peoples point of view for a change and to just pass them of as sheer ignorance. It seems to me that if you haven't used it, its not worthy of posting up here. I give up arguing, but i certainly won't have your biased opinions shoved down my throat here.
Old 28-09-2006, 07:41 PM   #70
HLC
Audi S3

best. thread. ever.
Old 28-09-2006, 07:41 PM   #71
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
There you go again. Ego?

The only one here with an ego is you sadly, we read it all too often, your cars fantastic for what it is, but at the end of the day other peoples idea of good performance doesnt consist of spending money and running backwards. The G&D box is obviously very good but has anyone bothered to compare to a standard box with a new snorkle and some holes in the front of it. Usually 1 - 3 kws can be gained from a K&N and Tickford Snorkle, how does one feel an extra 2 kw for approxmately $400 more.
Yes, it was tested. On BA XR8's, BA I6's, AU V8's and AU I6's. In all cases it outperformed the standard airbox and, on mine, it outperformed the std airbox with a number of mods done to it including the larger snorkle, extra intake and pod as well as panel filter.

Quote:
For me that doesnt make sense but then again I drive a wanna be 4wd that cost more then most standard 4wds, i must be a ********.
and I must be a ****wit for dareing to attempt to enjoy an I6 when only a V8 or a supercharged car is obviously worthy of being raced with any REAL power. See the similarity there?

Old 28-09-2006, 07:45 PM   #72
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
And I must be a ****wit for dareing to attempt to enjoy an I6 when only a V8 or a supercharged car is obviously worthy of being raced with any REAL power. See the similarity there?
When youve spent what you say youve spent then it would have made sense to go the full hog.

Pretty straight forward aye.

As for your comment re out performing your standard box, what was the difference, lets see some figures!

Its easy to talk the cheese, but at the end of the day theres cars out there that would do close to your figures out of the box, therefore im still trying to understand what the BIG deal is.

And If this offends you then you probarly should think about those you have offended lately with your body kit / sound system remarks, or in my case what you said about my car on the previous page, which was uncalled for.

Ego tripping....
Old 28-09-2006, 07:45 PM   #73
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
No matter what I say my opinion will be wrong here...
I just think its a very sad and poor form on behalf of you guys as moderators to not accept other peoples point of view for a change and to just pass them of as sheer ignorance. It seems to me that if you haven't used it, its not worthy of posting up here. I give up arguing, but i certainly won't have your biased opinions shoved down my throat here.
so this comment wasnt opinionated?
Quote:
$400 for a CAI??? Even worse.. $600 new?? You're kidding me.. my paris hilton CAI was a better deal imo :
You basically said "you're all idiots for spending that on an CAI.. I'm much smarter than you are".
My response was simply to say that you are baseing that on your opinion only and that that doesnt make it right (or wrong), just your opinion only. Its not ignorance, its your opinion and you are welcome to it.

Old 28-09-2006, 07:47 PM   #74
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
its your opinion and you are welcome to it.
if thats the case, give up arguing about it?
Old 28-09-2006, 07:50 PM   #75
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
When you spent what youve spent then it would have made sense to go the full hog.

Pretty straight forward aye.

As for your comment re out performing your standard box, what was the difference, lets see some figures!
What was it I spent on my car again? Please tell me cause even I havent added it up.

As for outperforming my standard box, or anyones standard box, there are a number of dyno sheets posted on the forums from a number of people. Instead of me finding them (feel free to look yourself) how about just asking the people who have (or had) them. Heres a short list, feel free to ask them:
Kevs_XR8_ute
Whoosha
FRDGRL
BLC
G&D Jet
CAMS290

Thats some off the top of my head anyhow. Feel free to ask any of them if they think it was a waste of money and it didnt make a difference.

Of course, theres also a lot of people that dont have them that are also very happy with their modified airbox's too.

Old 28-09-2006, 07:50 PM   #76
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

You basically said "you're all idiots for spending that on an CAI.. I'm much smarter than you are".
My response was simply to say that you are baseing that on your opinion only and that that doesnt make it right (or wrong), just your opinion only. Its not ignorance, its your opinion and you are welcome to it.
Thats exactly what hes saying and its hes right.

$600 dollars when you look at other avenues is wasteful for 2 - 3 kw max over a standard modified setup.
Old 28-09-2006, 07:53 PM   #77
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

And you are basically saying i'm full of it because i have a different product to you, and a good opinion of it. I like my CAI because its effective, sufficient, and good value..
It seems as though as soon as we go against the grain you guys flock in and dismiss our point of view.
You say G&D stuff is the best, i bet if i spent $6000 on my AU it'd whoop yours! :
Old 28-09-2006, 07:53 PM   #78
The Monty
Just slidin'

11 viewers on this thread. Classic. I think every one just wants the one millionth post prize.
Old 28-09-2006, 07:54 PM   #79
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
What was it I spent on my car again? Please tell me cause even I havent added it up.

As for outperforming my standard box, or anyones standard box, there are a number of dyno sheets posted on the forums from a number of people. Instead of me finding them (feel free to look yourself) how about just asking the people who have (or had) them. Heres a short list, feel free to ask them:
Kevs_XR8_ute
Whoosha
FRDGRL
BLC
G&D Jet
CAMS290

Thats some off the top of my head anyhow. Feel free to ask any of them if they think it was a waste of money and it didnt make a difference.

Of course, theres also a lot of people that dont have them that are also very happy with their modified airbox's too.
Whats that prove, they have more money then the rest of us.

Id accept your point if we were talking 20 rwkw, but we arent.

Really at the end of the day its not the point, the point is other factors surrounding a number of your posts in this forum, that seem to get closed on a regular basis. I think people should go the cheaper alternative, save their hard earned and put that towards some other mods which will get them better figures.
Old 28-09-2006, 07:58 PM   #80
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Ok, now you have royally peeved me off.
Closed Thread