Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 28-06-2007, 04:00 PM   #61
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXi7w0unD
nooooooooooo!!!! stoped at a round about, young kid locked up and hit my rear, bang, i was like wtf! then got out and i went OFFF!! f this f that!, split my fiberglass ts50 body kit down the middle and a little on the side. pics soon

it was raining.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robe
(Sorry, but the word is grammar. "I" should be capitalised and there are a bunch of missing apostrophes. I spend all day writing and editing so I notice all these little slips. I would like to see the members of all internet Forums taking more care with spelling and composition, but it really does not matter as long as we can grasp the point. If you are not confident with your writing and spelling I suggest preparing your post in Word first. The spell check will help identify mistakes.)

Is Exitwound getting a bum deal on this thread? It is any interesting story, with pics, and the advice on what to get checked after a rear-ender has been useful.

I would have thought and said the odd copulative word too after getting shunted up the bum on a wet night. But I do not think the posting actually said he gave the kid both barrels.
What I have highlighted in the first quote suggests to me that he did let loose with both barrels.

Google also has a spell checker that I find to be helpful.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 04:31 PM   #62
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Red - I doubt he really went off at the guy at all. I reckon he just said that in his post to make himself seem to be a big tough man, but didn't realise that most of us on here are mature enough to treat people with respect, no matter the circumstances. Most of us big tough men know that yelling and screaming at someone after an accident gets you nowhere - of course, had it been an "on purpose" instead of an accident, then yelling and screaming and bludgeoning is called for.
Once again JC provides the comic relief!

Perhaps he was swearing in the car before he got out. I'd be surprised if he got all in the face of the other dude! Did you?

Ok, read Red's post above with the highlights, perhaps he did!

Did you?

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 06:25 PM   #63
slo351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

who honestly cares if he did or didnt ?? i bet 90% of you would say something, or make a comment under your breath.. i would too if my car was hit.. its purely a split decision/ frustration thing that happens at that moment in time... may or may not be directed at the other driver, but i bet you would swear about something
slo351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 07:08 PM   #64
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo351
who honestly cares if he did or didnt ?? i bet 90% of you would say something, or make a comment under your breath.. i would too if my car was hit.. its purely a split decision/ frustration thing that happens at that moment in time... may or may not be directed at the other driver, but i bet you would swear about something
Thats not the point he gets on here and brags about it like he is a big hero. People like that give the owners of modified cars a bad name, we need to be doing it better than anyone else to improve our image. It's what you'd expect from a crummydore driver
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 07:43 PM   #65
eXi7w0unD

this is no spelling correction forum, ffs its the internets. and he deserved to get abused, why? cus he wasnt looking, he has a suspended license, his going to court next week for drink driving... his mum just rang me, she was friggen drunk. im not in a good position, i could have called the cops, but i may not have been able to get it fixed with out me making a claim to my insurance.

and i never wanted to take my speed limiter off, never did i say that, some 1 else did i was just backing him up cus you all turned on him.

and IM giving owners of modified cars a bad name? i have never been pulled over, i have never recived pacrking fines or any fines at all, my car is legal, i drive like a grandad cus my car has low profiles, do u realy think i want to spend 400 a tread for new tyres.. my car is low, i dont want to scrap my kit...
Old 28-06-2007, 10:33 PM   #66
BLACKAUXR8
Young !@#$ Head

well in reading exitwounds last post i think he has every right to give the other driver a mouthful. I understand that everyone else didnt know the full story but now we do. If that was me or any other person i think that got rear ended by a drunk with no license it gives you the right to get a little wound up.

AU3 220 XR8
CUSTOM PEARL PAINT
LOWERED THEN LOWERED EVEN MORE
ADVANTI 20's
K&N
PORTED MANIFOLDS
TWIN 2 1/2 into 3 inch PIPES
244rwhp
NOW WITH T5 5 SPEED
COBRA CLUTCH AND BILLET LIGHTENED FLYWHEEL

SUZUKI GSX-R 750
BLACK 2007 MODEL
CARBON FIBRE YOSHI PIPE
BLACKAUXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 10:35 PM   #67
BLACKAUXR8
Young !@#$ Head

: And ROBE i think you missed the point were i dont really give a !@#$ about the spelling and grammar. Maybe you might want to look up the word sarcasm as well just incase i spelt that wrong to. :togo:

AU3 220 XR8
CUSTOM PEARL PAINT
ADVANTI 20's
K&N
PORTED MANIFOLDS
244rwhp
NOW WITH T5 5 SPEED

SUZUKI GSX-R 750
BLACK 2007 MODEL
CARBON FIBRE YOSHI PIPE
Old 28-06-2007, 10:40 PM   #68
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
this is no spelling correction forum, ffs its the internets. and he deserved to get abused, why? cus he wasnt looking, he has a suspended license, his going to court next week for drink driving... his mum just rang me, she was friggen drunk. im not in a good position, i could have called the cops, but i may not have been able to get it fixed with out me making a claim to my insurance.

and i never wanted to take my speed limiter off, never did i say that, some 1 else did i was just backing him up cus you all turned on him.

and IM giving owners of modified cars a bad name? i have never been pulled over, i have never recived pacrking fines or any fines at all, my car is legal, i drive like a grandad cus my car has low profiles, do u realy think i want to spend 400 a tread for new tyres.. my car is low, i dont want to scrap my kit...
just curious as to why the cops weren't called? if there is damage that is estimated at over $1000 or any vehicle isn't drivable because of damage the police have to attend the scene....then he may really get what he deserved and get put straight in jail for all the **** he is in
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 10:41 PM   #69
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
but my console says 220, i expect the car to go 220, even if i can never ever get it their thats what i want my car to do
Excuse us for thinking that you may want to remove your limiter and drive like an idiot but the post above makes you look like one of those idiots. I suggest that if you don't want to be lumped in with the lunatic fringe you don't make comments that implicate you in this unacceptable behaviour. As for giving drivers of modified cars a bad name

Quote:
nooooooooooo!!!! stoped at a round about, young kid locked up and hit my rear, bang, i was like wtf! then got out and i went OFFF!! f this f that!.
this is what is meant by that comment, screaming obscenities in public is hardly acceptable behaviour and achieves nothing other than making you look like foul mouthed tool. People then see a modified car and that’s all that’s needed to give us a bad name. Do yourself and everyone a favour and use more restraint it will get you further in life as you don't get people off side. By the sound of it this guy got what he deserved from the cops so your tirade was not needed except maybe from you to make you feel like a big hero
Old 28-06-2007, 10:45 PM   #70
BLACKAUXR8
Young !@#$ Head

It would be interesting to see you get rear ended au3xr6 (not that i want it to happen or see anyone get hurt) but this is what im picturing right now.. YOu get hit a the guy falls out of his car drunk and you walk over help him up and say "thanks for smashing my car buddy i dont want to be an inconvienaceto you but can i just get your details so i can be on my way"

AU3 220 XR8
CUSTOM PEARL PAINT
ADVANTI 20's
K&N
PORTED MANIFOLDS
244rwhp
NOW WITH T5 5 SPEED

SUZUKI GSX-R 750
BLACK 2007 MODEL
CARBON FIBRE YOSHI PIPE
Old 28-06-2007, 10:49 PM   #71
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKAUXR8
It would be interesting to see you get rear ended au3xr6 (not that i want it to happen or see anyone get hurt) but this is what im picturing right now.. YOu get hit a the guy falls out of his car drunk and you walk over help him up and say "thanks for smashing my car buddy i dont want to be an inconvienaceto you but can i just get your details so i can be on my way"
no thats not how it would pan out but I wouldn't rant and rave and scream obcenities I'd call the cops have him charged put in a claim end of story. there is nothing to be gained by coming down the the level of the one that has no respect for the law
Old 28-06-2007, 10:54 PM   #72
BLACKAUXR8
Young !@#$ Head

yeah sitting back on the computer i can see both sides to the story thats why i can sit back and joke about it. But im not going to say he was wrong in what he did. He might have had a bad day at work and it tipped him over the edge. We all can go a bit to far every now and then.

AU3 220 XR8
CUSTOM PEARL PAINT
ADVANTI 20's
K&N
PORTED MANIFOLDS
244rwhp
NOW WITH T5 5 SPEED

SUZUKI GSX-R 750
BLACK 2007 MODEL
CARBON FIBRE YOSHI PIPE
Old 28-06-2007, 11:41 PM   #73
ST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6
Excuse us for thinking that you may want to remove your limiter and drive like an idiot but the post above makes you look like one of those idiots. I suggest that if you don't want to be lumped in with the lunatic fringe you don't make comments that implicate you in this unacceptable behaviour. As for giving drivers of modified cars a bad name
He did say 'even if I never ever get it there' in reference that he will probably never go anywhere near the speed. He is just saying his car says 220 on the speedo and it should be able to accomplish that speed because it is written there. Not that he is going to or ever will. Too many assumptions and attacks here.

Give him a break!
ST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2007, 12:56 AM   #74
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

This is silly people, read posts before commenting on them.

BLACKAUXR8 exitwound didn't say the driver was drunk and wouldn't have known when he was hit that he was unlicenced. He did say that he found out that ht edriver had lost his licence for drink driving at another stage. Also not everyone goes off when they get hit by a moron. I got rear ended in my EL causing 3k damage by a bloke who wasn't looking where he was going because he was reaching for his phone. Did I get out and rant and rave, no I took his details shook his hand and acknowledged that none of us are perfect and that occasionaly people do **** up.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2007, 01:20 AM   #75
b2tf
not here much anymore

Well done to certain members on buggering up a legitimate thread. This thread is about an accident, lets get back on topic and not debate every last little thing.
Old 29-06-2007, 01:27 AM   #76
BLACKAUXR8
Young !@#$ Head

Amen to b2f

AU3 220 XR8
CUSTOM PEARL PAINT
ADVANTI 20's
K&N
PORTED MANIFOLDS
244rwhp
NOW WITH T5 5 SPEED

SUZUKI GSX-R 750
BLACK 2007 MODEL
CARBON FIBRE YOSHI PIPE
Old 29-06-2007, 01:29 AM   #77
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
Well done to certain members on buggering up a legitimate thread. This thread is about an accident, lets get back on topic and not debate every last little thing.
discussing his obcenity laden rant is on topic anything in the first post is on topic and this hero was bragging about what an aggressive rude person he is in the first post so he opened the door to that . If he didn't want comments on his bad attitude he shouldn't have tried to act the hero by bragging
Old 29-06-2007, 11:11 AM   #78
janek
Ripping it up

omg, whats with the attacks!

if some nob whos been busted for dui and unlicensed runs into you, you have a right to get ****ed. Regardless of knowing this at the time of incident, he is still a ****er that should not have been driving. I feel the pain, so many times people here in brisbane just dont care what they do, its always up to someone else to pay attention.

Yesterday, i almost got pushed into the brissy river because some silly mother decided 40kph was too fast in the middle lane, so she jump-merged into my lane whilst hitting the brakes about 20cm in front of me.

I screamed and yelled. Big deal. Different people deal with it differently.

Give the poor sod a break, his car is in pain!
janek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2007, 05:54 PM   #79
apoc
AUII I6

Interesting thread, I think the people who continually have a stab at this guy,
are exactly the sort of people who would get out of the car and abuse someone, some quite confronting posts from people and this guy didnt even rear end you...

I try to avoid posts like this as its a bit like adding fuel to the fire... but man everyone should have a chill pill :
apoc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2007, 06:02 PM   #80
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i know how you feel!

at least yours is drivable LOL

take it easy

2002 Ford Falcon AU S3 SR
2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8
2009 Territory Turbo Ghia

Current: 2012 Audi A4 B8 2.0T Quattro
S3SR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2007, 07:55 PM   #81
AUI99
Banned

What the hell? Why are people having ago at him for??????!!!!!
AUI99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2007, 08:42 PM   #82
SNB05T
Dan Brown Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUI99
What the hell? Why are people having ago at him for??????!!!!!
beats the hell out of me. ive been in this situation (on both sides of accident) plenty of times.
three years ago i was cut off by a learner driver instructor , i had to jump into the centre lane to avoid ramming him up the rs, instead i hit my left hand front side on the drivers side of a dunnydore waiting to turn right (yes that is correct i veired across the other side of the road) in an attempt to avoid the dunnydore, abs failed and he hit.

long story short, i swore and cursed MYSELF for being and idiot and not reading traffic conditons etc.

i was lucky, we both reported it to the police (as you have to) no neg driving, but lost no claim bonus points for claim.
copped it on the chin and moved on.

if any of you are thinking "p" plater tool? im 30 and have been driving for 15 years with 6 years of go kart racing and hillclimb experience thrown in. so even with all that experience, i still ended up in the sh!t, just bad timing.

hope your'e car is fixed properly and your back on the road soon exit wounds :
SNB05T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2007, 08:43 PM   #83
SNB05T
Dan Brown Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by S3SR
i know how you feel!

at least yours is drivable LOL

take it easy
is that your car in the avatar s3sr? nice little ding in the front mate.
SNB05T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post