Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 10-03-2008, 11:22 PM   #61
trick_xd
I build your wish list...

Blahhhh

Cut a Hole
I did
and since then the car goes a lot better ... and great on a cold night
trick_xd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2008, 11:34 PM   #62
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick_xd
Blahhhh

Cut a Hole
I did
And..taking no prisoners!!! :the_finge

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2008, 12:06 AM   #63
rob_liss_lms10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick_xd
Blahhhh

Cut a Hole
I did
agree, go the hole, good to see thinking outside the box, keep it up Stav. If you dont want an airbox, find a different solution...you know you want to. The air box is restrictive in terms of throttle response IMO.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:25 AM   #64
Doogstar
B-Series Moderator

Stav, why don't you build yourself an airbox around your pod? Have a search for DYI Airbox in The B-series section. Build it out of sheetmetal and then insulate it. Better than a bonnet scoop as it will keep the volume of your piping intact.

380rwkw - 11.68 @ 120.94mph 60ft=1.97
Custom Tune, Exhaust. injectors.1.2K Plazmaman 1.2K Plenum kit

Now with bigger turbo and 426rwkw.
Doogstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2008, 02:52 PM   #65
TOASTED
JMM modded EF

sorry stav i did not mean any disrespect. just got abit annoyed. i apoligize

Guess the alcohol tax is turning people to mind altering drugs.
I drive : A heavily modified EF Fairmont with a JMM dev5 cam, worked head, 3.5" mandrel bent intake, exhaust, and a few other bits n pieces like a stally etc.

"She goes like a zirtek"

WANT A FAST FORD RING THIS BLOKE V V

Abbott Engines for HeadWork
20 years experience
PH Rob on (07) 5526 3883
TOASTED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2008, 02:53 PM   #66
TOASTED
JMM modded EF

good luck with the mod

Guess the alcohol tax is turning people to mind altering drugs.
I drive : A heavily modified EF Fairmont with a JMM dev5 cam, worked head, 3.5" mandrel bent intake, exhaust, and a few other bits n pieces like a stally etc.

"She goes like a zirtek"

WANT A FAST FORD RING THIS BLOKE V V

Abbott Engines for HeadWork
20 years experience
PH Rob on (07) 5526 3883
TOASTED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2008, 06:08 PM   #67
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigosmoddedEF
sorry stav i did not mean any disrespect. just got abit annoyed. i apoligize
Apology accepted mate

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Old 11-03-2008, 10:53 PM   #68
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stav
It was my decision to not mention the modification but people seem to think it was..which it wasnt. It was a question of going for 6% more power at the risk of going backwards. What is your opinion? That was the question. The actual mod was irrelevant for I was seeking your input to that particular question. I was not trying to tease. The question was asked but it seems that people just didnt read it carefully in context to what it was asking.

If I did not want to disclose the modification then why can't my decision be respected ? I am not trying to be disrespectful. Indeed the opposite.I am opening my thoughts and heart to you and this forum giving you the respect to hear what you have to say . The question was simple. However the interest of the question were not put first but the interest of discovering my mods were.
In all fairness it is impossible to give advice on these sorts of things without knowing what they are. For what you are planning I'd say do it for reasons posted previously, but if your idea was to fit water injection or something with more of a risk factor I would have a different opinion. But to the question of is it worth doing an unnamed mod for a possibility of an x improvement, I don't have an answer, nor does anyone else. You didn't have to disclose the mod, but you didn't have to ask a question that can't be answered either.
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2008, 11:11 PM   #69
schnoods
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its good to see people think outside the square. You obviously havent run your times without doing a bit of research first and finding areas to improve on and coming up with an alternative.

Anyways here is a product that didnt really get off the ground over here in Aus, but is doing well in the states.

http://www.designengineering.com/pro...asp?m=sc&cid=1

It says to keep intake temps down by up to 60%, saying that I dont know what effect it will have on your motor. Maybe in a boosted application it maybe noticible in the drivers seat, but being a keen drag racer like yourself, a few tenths is enough to deem it a good mod.

95 EF XR8, Advance headers, Vortech V2 t trim blower, Ported Cobra Manifold, Capa Switch Chip Eliminator. 307 rwhp 395 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105mph

Now NA- AFR 165 heads, 1.6RR, Ported Cobra 269rwhp 14.2 ... needs stall and 4.11's

1977 CL Chrysler Panel Van, 360, 727 torqueflite auto soon to be restored.
schnoods is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2008, 11:36 PM   #70
FS5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

stav ,i remember seeing somewhere (not sure if it was here or fordmods) but they had a pod filter directly attached to the TB .it was all enclosed nice and neat and had a hole cut through the bonnet with a scoop of some sort attached (autobarn style)did the job.it looked good ..
i don't reckon there'd be any setup better than that ,but for the life of me i can't find the pic.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:46 PM   #71
SilverAU

Hi Stav,

I've got another idea for you.
It would mean fitting the original still air box though.
Grab a block of dry ice and place it in the bottom of the still air box below the Air filter before you do your drag run.

The air comes in over the dry and cools the charge.

Best regards,

SilverAU.
SilverAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2008, 12:19 AM   #72
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverAU
Hi Stav,

I've got another idea for you.
It would mean fitting the original still air box though.
Grab a block of dry ice and place it in the bottom of the still air box below the Air filter before you do your drag run.

The air comes in over the dry and cools the charge.

Best regards,

SilverAU.
This could work, or the added CO2 being released into the intake from the dry ice could result in either no gain or a decrease in times.
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2008, 12:32 AM   #73
Stav
Smile

Thanks guys. I have been thinking about the cryo for some time now. Jake.You are on the money mate. I have another idea..get down to my local exhaust lackey nd see if he can do something stealthy underbonnet. I am after all the cool air that I can stuff into the throttle body . I am making no secrets that I would like to get a better pb in the coming months.

Old 14-03-2008, 03:03 AM   #74
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=1lXG6Vaw3v4
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2008, 06:41 PM   #75
Stav
Smile

niceeeeeeeeeee

Old 14-03-2008, 09:08 PM   #76
rob_liss_lms10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FS5
stav ,i remember seeing somewhere (not sure if it was here or fordmods) but they had a pod filter directly attached to the TB .it was all enclosed nice and neat and had a hole cut through the bonnet with a scoop of some sort attached (autobarn style)did the job.it looked good ..
i don't reckon there'd be any setup better than that ,but for the life of me i can't find the pic.
This how I have my set up, but with a shaker.It works extremely well, without trying to start disagreements...it almost feels like has 1-2 pound of boost when moving, as the air is being sucked and forced into the tb, not just sucking from an air box.
Rob
Old 14-03-2008, 10:15 PM   #77
JoesAu

one of the eseries boys has the same setup as rob, Trickxd has his airfilter out of the bonnet 24/7 lol, must make a difference from mid- high rpm
JoesAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2008, 10:40 PM   #78
EL__Monty

Talking

Why don't you just make up a heat shield for the pod your using. From what I have found there is plenty of air coming from behind the headlight. It also stops the engine bay radiant heat and hot air blowing out from the passenger side thermo fan from heat soaking the pod.

I just used a cardboard template than used some 6mm clear acrylic. Also used a big K&N pod.
EL__Monty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2008, 11:50 PM   #79
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL__Monty
Why don't you just make up a heat shield for the pod your using. From what I have found there is plenty of air coming from behind the headlight. It also stops the engine bay radiant heat and hot air blowing out from the passenger side thermo fan from heat soaking the pod.

I just used a cardboard template than used some 6mm clear acrylic. Also used a big K&N pod.
Looks good! - I need to do similar - where do you actually buy acrylic from?
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2008, 01:09 PM   #80
jjj

Any good Hardware store should sell acrylic sheets:-private9 .
jjj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post