Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 10-04-2011, 01:27 AM   #31
nstg8a

Default Re: why cant i sell my XR6?

i agree that the ts front doesnt stop it being a xr, but i also agree that people looking for an xr probably wont consider it because of it.

i like thr front end, but a series 3 xr is the best looking au look imo, so in a way its a backwards step.

thats the trouble with mods, they narrow down your market.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2011, 01:48 AM   #32
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

no need to be abusive I was just telling him why his car isn't selling if he chooses not to listen I don't know why he asked in the first place. the fact is it has lost the unique XR styling there is no denying that when people make replica XRs they don't leave the standard lights because they want the "XR look"
Quote:
Originally Posted by aufalco
i dont think your car isnt an xr6 anymore either day-mow
just because you changed the front bar to a better looking one and removed the ugly bug eyed headlights doesnt stop the car being what it is

despite what others say only die hard falcon/AU guys are even going to know the difference and most only carry on about the au xr headlights because they are **** in their thinking about these kind of things

anyway from what ive experienced most people will agree with your styling taste in deliberately moving away from that look, the same as ford did when moving on with the B series...

but as most people have said unfortunately cars arent selling much lately, its not just you its happening to everyone - but that doesnt mean there arent people out there with cash who are buying them, it just means you need to advertise better and be more patient

get a good sized for sale sign on the car itself even if its just a sticker in the back windscreen and get it on all the websites selling cars that you can, definitely get some better pics then the ones that you have now and perhaps even find someone to write you up a better spiel about the car

cheers mate and good luck with the car

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2011, 02:19 AM   #33
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

Firstly, I think the price now is pretty fair for what the car is.
Depending on which AFF topic you read, the consensus has been anywhere from 5-10k is right for a good AU3 XR6..

What would personally turn me off this car is the wrong front clip and the dodgy looking aftermarket gear knob. If Im chasing an XR, Id want it to look properly like an XR. Meaning correct body, front, bars, spoilers, wheels, trim etc all intact..
(Just looking at your car on the face value of the ad alone and not knowing about it from here as most carsales punters would'nt know it) The front clip says to me its very likely had a decent front ender, and it was fitted with a front clip off a normal AU to save $$. Id be rather concerned about the quality of repairs to the car and if the front bar wasnt a genuine T series bar, Id also move onto the next listing.

Also, allthough only minor, cheezy aftermarket gear/accessories (like dodgy gear levers/knobs, metal pedals etc) really turn me off. Addons like those would make me wonder if the car belonged to a boy racer.

The stock look usually wins out when selling cars as diffrent mods are usually a very personal venture. And when buying a car, the last thing you wanna do is narrow your target market down..

I know it wouldnt be a practical venture to return an XR front to the car, and I think you have catered for that situation as best you can in the price of the car.. However, Id re write the ad again to focus more on all the good points about why this particular car is worth clicking on from the others in the list, like VCT, IRS, Manual etc etc..

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2011, 02:45 AM   #34
blackwasp

why dont you sell the bar thats on it now and buy a xr6 bar.
wouldnt be much difference pricewise.
blackwasp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2011, 06:00 AM   #35
The Monty
Just slidin'

I know its been said, but Ill have my piece. If I was in the market for an XR6, and that picture came up I wouldnt even click on the link, as I would think someone is trying to pull my leg. I would only buy an XR for one thing, and thats because it looks like an XR, otherwise I could buy a Forte and stick some bits on to make it look the same. Not saying there is anything dodgy or cheap about your car, thats just the way I see it. If I did somehow manage to look at it, I would immediately think its been stacked, and with the little add ons here and there, it would lead me to beleive the car is a young person, and I wouldnt touch it anyway.
Just my 2 cents, and I really do hope it goes well for you.
Josh
Old 10-04-2011, 09:06 AM   #36
TK-421

the car doesnt lose its authenticity without the quad headlights but it may put the purist off.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2011, 09:12 AM   #37
Day-mow
rexnet

You wouldn't read about it! Somebody has sent an enquirey calling me a liar and is going to report me to car sales for trying to sell something it's not. Lovely.

Remember it is the internet,So beware of trolls, If you argue with trolls the kids will laugh at you

Follow me on twitter @ Day_mow
Day-mow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2011, 09:36 AM   #38
SSD-85
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
You wouldn't read about it! Somebody has sent an enquirey calling me a liar and is going to report me to car sales for trying to sell something it's not. Lovely.
Unfortunately, due to the amount of people that do the reverse of what you have, ie: get a forte & bolt stuff on, then say its an XR or etc you have to come to expect this reaction from some idiots out there. The vast majority of people dont care to look for VIN details on a modern car (beyond REVS checking).

To be honest mate, if I didnt know you from on here and just saw the ad, I wouldve thought theres a good chance of it being an XR if you had an engine bay pic. The odds of someone dropping a VCT motor in a forte are next to none. I wouldve then simply assumed that you preferred the T-series front.

BUT, unless you still had the XR front, I wouldnt even consider buying it.
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2011, 09:38 AM   #39
T3man
Banned

Well the simple answer is you must show a closeup pic of the compliance plates and also the Tickford build plate in your ad - and hope you get enough people to actually go to the full ad so they see it.

I'm another who wouldn't click the link if an ad for an XR came up with a pic of a car with a T-Series front. Like it or not anyone looking to buy an AU XR knows what the car should look like and they want the car to look that way. It is my opinion, and that of many people I know, that the AU XR front is one of the best looks Ford ever designed.

Please don't take this as criticism of you - everyone has their own personal taste as to what they like on their car and they are entitled to do whatever they want. Now when you come to sell a modified car you have to find that maybe just ONE person out there who likes exactly the same as you.

Last edited by T3man; 10-04-2011 at 09:43 AM.
T3man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2011, 09:49 AM   #40
Day-mow
rexnet

Thanks for all the constructive criticism guys. I really do appreciate it I shall do a these things when I get a chance later today after church and a wedding I have to go to.

I really do appreciate all the people that have helped and said constructive things and this is why I tell everyone AFF is the best forum I know!!

Remember it is the internet,So beware of trolls, If you argue with trolls the kids will laugh at you

Old 10-04-2011, 10:08 AM   #41
Kryton

Quote:
Thanks for all the constructive criticism guys. I really do appreciate it I shall do a these things when I get a chance later today after church and a wedding I have to go to.

I really do appreciate all the people that have helped and said constructive things and this is why I tell everyone AFF is the best forum I know!!
Good on you for taking the constructive criticism on board and not taking it personally.
theres been many before that have asked but didnt like the answer they got.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2011, 10:12 AM   #42
Day-mow
rexnet

I've learnt a few things in my 21 years of breathing.
-Listen to people that know what they are talking about.
- don't ask a question if you don't want the truth.

I think if you hold on to these things you can go a fair way in life

With that being said. I'm not changing the front tho. It would cost me the se as what I want to sell the car for.

Last edited by Day-mow; 10-04-2011 at 10:17 AM.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:45 AM   #43
bartsau
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well as everyone has said the different front bar would most likely turn people off that are looking for the quad light front. The gear shifter would also make me wonder about it. But from the photos it looks clean and I personally like that front. You need to make sure you sell it by emphasising the strong points such as VCT motor, Manual, Exhaust, Lowered. The price is reasonable if you ask me and you just need to sit back and wait someone will come along. I had trouble selling my 2001 AU Wagon start of last year. Went almost 2 months with NO interest at all. Then one person came to have a look. Had $6500 on it sold it for $6250, they didn't start it, didn't test drive it. Point is there are people out there who would buy it you just need to wait for them to come along.

AU I Forte Sedan - No longer
Toy Car Build
bartsau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2011, 12:04 PM   #44
Day-mow
rexnet

Gear knob will change. Deff didn't reay think about that when took photo. Will change that. It is mega more comfortable tho but point taken. Cheers again

Old 10-04-2011, 12:17 PM   #45
Magna
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
im sorry to hear, but it does show the mindset of the buyer. its still a XR6 but without the front end its lost its identity. all i can suggest is mentioning first up its a GENUINE XR6 VCT with TS50 front end conversion. at least then it might get a closer look. like others have said mention XR6 VCT specific items like IRS and LSD.
Magna is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2011, 12:51 PM   #46
Donny

Just include a closeup pic of the Tickford plate on the car, that will smash anyone who says its not a genuine XR6.
The matching VIN number on that plate to what you have written in the ad will show its correct.

Old 10-04-2011, 01:50 PM   #47
aufalco
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6
no need to be abusive I was just telling him why his car isn't selling if he chooses not to listen I don't know why he asked in the first place. the fact is it has lost the unique XR styling there is no denying that when people make replica XRs they don't leave the standard lights because they want the "XR look"
i wasnt being abusive at all mate and my post wasnt directed at you either it was said in general about everyone harping on about the front bar and i was just stating my opinion in agreeing with his styling choices and my experience when it came to what others i know have said to me about the AU XR look so dont be so sensitive mate not everything is about you
aufalco is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2011, 02:52 PM   #48
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

saying we are all **** in out thinking is not abisive??????

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Rides:

Old 10-04-2011, 02:53 PM   #49
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

that will work only to show if there are tickford options there is no tickford plate on a standard XR even a forte with any tickford options ( including dual fuel) will get a tickford plate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny
Just include a closeup pic of the Tickford plate on the car, that will smash anyone who says its not a genuine XR6.
The matching VIN number on that plate to what you have written in the ad will show its correct.

Rides:

Old 10-04-2011, 02:56 PM   #50
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny

What would personally turn me off this car is the wrong front clip and the dodgy looking aftermarket gear knob. If Im chasing an XR, Id want it to look properly like an XR. Meaning correct body, front, bars, spoilers, wheels, trim etc all intact..
Exactly right mate - like these people that put BA badges on AU's......

I would change the main picture of the ad to show either the Tickford plate or the interior, I agree with the front bar being the issue but that could be marketed along the lines of being perfect for a P plater - it is an XR, finish off the bodykit and you have a T series mockup which a lot of people still seem to do (there's a Forte here which has the kit, godawful chrome 15's and the Forte badges still on it ). Don't mention the accident, just say you bought the car this way with intentions of finishing off the bodykit to make it look accurate but due to a change in circumstances you are now selling the car. You cant really say you're downgrading and then say you're going to a WRX.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:10 PM   #51
Donny

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
Exactly right mate - like these people that put BA badges on AU's......
Hardy Ha Ha, smart ar$e .. Mine came like that, I didnt fit em. Thats my excuse an Im stickin to it..

Quote:
I would change the main picture of the ad to show either the Tickford plate or the interior, I agree with the front bar being the issue but that could be marketed along the lines of being perfect for a P plater - it is an XR, finish off the bodykit and you have a T series mockup which a lot of people still seem to do. Don't mention the accident, just say you bought the car this way with intentions of finishing off the bodykit to make it look accurate but due to a change in circumstances you are now selling the car. You cant really say you're downgrading and then say you're going to a WRX.
Gotta agree with that approach.. Emphasising heavily that its a Manual VCT XR with the IRS, and its totally P Plate friendly..

Old 10-04-2011, 03:52 PM   #52
aufalco
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6
saying we are all **** in out thinking is not abisive??????
only when you incorrectly assume what the word i used was that was automatically filtered out which i didnt notice until you decided to take personal offense

what i actually wrote was a.n.a.l as in an abbreviation for anally retentive which isnt at all abusive in any way its just merely factual about some fanatical peoples thinking when it comes to something as ridiculously frivolous as it being said the headlights on a car change said car from being what it still is

like i said dont be so sensitive to the opinions of others, you go about freely voicing your opinions with little regard so perhaps you should learn some tolerance of others and since there was obviously no personal attack on you there is absolutely no need to try and launch one at others either
aufalco is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2011, 03:57 PM   #53
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The XR front is what makes an XR. Otherwise they wouldn't still cost over $1000 for 2nd hand parts.

Now that the BA is here and is arguably a much better car au's are worth nothing. A mate got a mint low km 05 BA xt for $6500. I know what I'd choose.

P players aren't stupid either, they should all know by now that the BA 4 litre has much more potential with p plate friendly mods.

Replace the front or drop the price even more would be my advice.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:13 PM   #54
Donny

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansedgli
The XR front is what makes an XR.

Now that the BA is here and is arguably a much better car au's are worth nothing. A mate got a mint low km 05 BA xt for $6500. I know what I'd choose.

P players aren't stupid either, they should all know by now that the BA 4 litre has much more potential with p plate friendly mods.
Agree totally about the XR front bit..

But your way out about the BA being better, especially if we are talking AU2 or 3 vs BA1. And especially directly comparing the XR model range.

Iv had both, and I know which I think is better (From an owners perspective).

Old 10-04-2011, 04:18 PM   #55
b2tf
not here much anymore

AU va BA is much of a muchness really.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:22 PM   #56
Kryton

Quote:
AU va BA is much of a muchness really.
Exactly.
Its personal preference as to which is better.
End of the day, no one really cares who thinks what is better, so leave it out of the thread.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2011, 05:41 PM   #57
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aufalco
only when you incorrectly assume what the word i used was that was automatically filtered out which i didnt notice until you decided to take personal offense

what i actually wrote was a.n.a.l as in an abbreviation for anally retentive which isnt at all abusive in any way its just merely factual about some fanatical peoples thinking when it comes to something as ridiculously frivolous as it being said the headlights on a car change said car from being what it still is

like i said dont be so sensitive to the opinions of others, you go about freely voicing your opinions with little regard so perhaps you should learn some tolerance of others and since there was obviously no personal attack on you there is absolutely no need to try and launch one at others either
Give it a rest.
Get back on topic, IMO the front bar is the issue if i were searching and seen that pic come up when i was looking at an XR6 i wouldnt bother.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2011, 05:44 PM   #58
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
Exactly.
Its personal preference as to which is better.
End of the day, no one really cares who thinks what is better, so leave it out of the thread.

It's relevant if his car is competing for a sale against a similarly priced BA.

Sure people who are enthusiasts or do a fair bit of research might recognize that an AU is a better buy than an early BA.

Unfortunately most people aren't car enthusiasts and those people are going to choose a newer car if it is the same price and in similar condition nearly every time.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:46 PM   #59
Day-mow
rexnet

children children lets not fight. constructive post's please

Old 10-04-2011, 05:48 PM   #60
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansedgli
It's relevant if his car is competing for a sale against a similarly priced BA.

Sure people who are enthusiasts or do a fair bit of research might recognize that an AU is a better buy than an early BA.

Unfortunately most people aren't car enthusiasts and those people are going to choose a newer car if it is the same price and in similar condition nearly every time.
Spot on
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post