Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 29-01-2005, 03:49 AM   #31
carratt
I Love My T3

awesome news to hear that it's all sorted out krissy. I can't wait to see the dyno results
carratt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2005, 04:47 AM   #32
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by carratt
awesome news to hear that it's all sorted out krissy. I can't wait to see the dyno results
Thanks Brad. It will be interesting to see how she runs next week. I can't wait either!
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2005, 08:36 AM   #33
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU_Fairmont -S-
All sorted out and I'm rapped! I also learnt a few things today. Hmmm let's see I learnt that Casper is a bad influence
: Me? I'm innocent. I never "told" you to make that next booking....I just "suggested" it. :evil3:

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2005, 09:32 AM   #34
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Ill be betting around 145-150 rwkws Kristeena.
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2005, 12:21 PM   #35
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
Brendan also taught me how to adapt to driving the car with this cam. I've been driving it as if it still had the stock cam, as in when I take off, I take off lightly coz I'm so use to the car launching with a feather touch but I've been driving it wrong and I swear, since he showed me how to drive it, it's a whole new feeling in the car now and doing what he taught me, the car didn't once choke or hesitate at take off. Sorry if that all sounds confusing but it's hard to explain. He explained (in detail) how the cam works and how the car has changed low down and how I should be using the pedal etc...
Can I ask how he suggested you get the car going with the cam?

Has Fez and XB.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2005, 12:33 PM   #36
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Knowing Brendan I'd say something like "Drive it like you stole it" :

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2005, 01:43 PM   #37
The Mighty Red

Great news Krissy, glad to hear its all sorted. Its really frustrating when your cars not runnin quite right. Maybe a run down the 1/4 mile could be on the cards :eclipsee_
Old 29-01-2005, 01:56 PM   #38
hambo_12

great news, good to hear!
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2005, 05:37 PM   #39
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by our_blue_xr6
Great news Krissy, glad to hear its all sorted. Its really frustrating when your cars not runnin quite right. Maybe a run down the 1/4 mile could be on the cards :eclipsee_
It's still running quite a high L/km but I'll give it another week to sort itself out. I'm confident it will, eventually. It's funny you mention a ¼ mile run coz I had the 3 of them grilling me about it yesterday. Gee what a coincedence that I'm now thinking of entering after seeing Casper :

Stav, I don't think I'll be anywhere near that figure. I would be happy if it still showed 134rwkw because what's more important to me is to see how she perfoms through the whole range - to see if there'll be a difference. Ofcourse if I can get closer to the 140rwkw like I originally expected then it may put a smile on my face :hihi:

Now it's time to focus on a chip install
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
Old 08-02-2005, 08:03 PM   #40
scarecrow420
Starter Motor

so when you say it's all sorted... is that just from the tips/instructions on how to drive it with the new cam, or did they actually tweak/change something?
scarecrow420 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2005, 01:02 AM   #41
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

It's not sorted. My car is schitzophrenic and has gone back to it's bad ways lol. Stay tuned :P
Old 28-03-2005, 01:18 PM   #42
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless
Today I decided to put a 3rd shim in.The result was nothing short of tragic!!! My car idled like a pig ,kept turning off and smelled funny.

Kristeena...a friend in need is a friend indeed!!! I took that 1 shim out and my car screams agian!! I think that Brendan may have overshimmed your cam by 1 shimm!! I had the factory shimm and 3 jmm shims and it idled badly. I went back to 2 shims and 1 factory shim and it idled stock again. The dev 4 only requires 1 factory existing shim and 2 jmm 1mm shims . I bet that if Brendan does this that your power figures will skyrocket and you will have excellent idle.I think they are top blokes and will consider what I am saying.
Oh mannn Stav ... check your PM's please lol. You're a legend my friend!!
Old 31-03-2005, 04:10 PM   #43
Bangers

Krissy, do you mind giving us all a quick update who haven't followed your mods progress, on what car, and mods you've done to achieve the current 134rwkw?

Cheers mate
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2005, 09:20 PM   #44
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangers
Krissy, do you mind giving us all a quick update who haven't followed your mods progress, on what car, and mods you've done to achieve the current 134rwkw?

Cheers mate
No worries Bangers.

It's a '99 AU Fairmont with a DEV1, DEVPOD setup and Streetfighter Cam. Last dyno run was 129.1rwkw. It's had idle issue's since getting the cam in but we've now come to the conclusion that it may be a vaccuum issue due to the bigger cam. I've also lost ALOT of power over the last few weeks. It runs like a dog!

What it's been doing is hunting for idle/choking at take off/stalling etc and so on. This only started after the cam went in and contrary to what other people had said before-hand, in my case for some reason, it seems I definately do need a chip in with this cam even though others have found it to run fine without one. It's also running quite lean at cruise.

I'm confident that I'll get to the bottom of this eventually. In a few weeks it goes in for a re-shim, re-dial and Unichip. There are a few other things that need to be fixed - I need a new CAT and new exhaust piece.

That's the story so far - keep an eye out for updates!
Old 07-04-2005, 04:05 PM   #45
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Hey Krissy, any chance of an update on your car? I'm considering a streetfighter cam myself for my 2001 AU2.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2005, 04:44 PM   #46
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
Hey Krissy, any chance of an update on your car? I'm considering a streetfighter cam myself for my 2001 AU2.
Yeah Krissy, I agree with the sour one, we haven't heard anything for a while.
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2005, 06:54 PM   #47
loxxr6
XB in parts...

However its going it sounds like its costing you some money....

Has Fez and XB.

Old 07-04-2005, 07:53 PM   #48
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
In a couple of weeks the engine will be pulled apart and we should be able to find out why it's running like a dog. I will update as soon as I find out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 Futura Wagon
Yeah Krissy, I agree with the sour one, we haven't heard anything for a while.
Lol George but I posted a week ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by loxxr6
However its going it sounds like its costing you some money....
Something like that mate. ALOT of f***ing around too. Not to mention the stress :

I've said it before and here it is again - it will get sorted out. There's hope yet lol. It's just a real upset that it's going to cost me alot of money to fix it when it should have been running right in the first place!
Old 08-04-2005, 02:51 PM   #49
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

[QUOTE=Fairmont_Krissy] Lol George but I posted a week ago.

Ok, no probs, I must have missed it! Hope it works out ok. A real shame you've got to pull the engine apart though!
Old 08-04-2005, 07:09 PM   #50
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

[QUOTE=99 Futura Wagon]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairmont_Krissy
Lol George but I posted a week ago.

Ok, no probs, I must have missed it! Hope it works out ok. A real shame you've got to pull the engine apart though!
Not really ... the head needs to come off anyway :Up_to_som
Old 16-04-2005, 02:31 PM   #51
V8 Ghia
Formally ED I6

Quote:
Well today after 490 dollars for a dev 4 ,1 blown engine and countless hours of stuffing around I have come to the conclusion that the dev 4 cam is a shit cam. A stock au with exhaust put out 127 rwkws and I put out 125rwks . The dev 3 hl put out 137 and dev 3hl with new head put out 145 rwkws.

While I had a lot of fun today watching other peoples great cars I have to say that for all the mucking around my dev 4 is going to become a doorstopper because a stock au cam puts out more power with xorst and pacemaker extractors.
:
Have you spoken to Brenden, I can't see how a dev4 cam would be 20rwkw down on a dev3hl cam.
I've got a dev4 cam in my ED and it is putting out 160rwkw.

---------------------------
Other
93' ED 5spd 4.0L NA Fairmont
13.75 @ 101mph

Last edited by V8 Ghia; 16-04-2005 at 02:33 PM.
V8 Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2005, 03:53 PM   #52
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
dev 3hl with new head put out 145 rwkws.
This car had the dev5 spec head with dev3hl cam.

I think you need to mention that your cam hasn't been dialled in to JMM specs.

Plus if that sensor you mention is out of wack then maybe thats a contributing factor too.

After all the dev cars had run, it seems that the headwork - where it's required - is a very important part of the set up of the car....to the effect of 10-20kw more in power by doing so.

Useless : Leave the car with Spiro and let him sort it out. Buy the Unichip lol !!

Has Fez and XB.

Old 16-04-2005, 06:23 PM   #53
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

/me Contacts priest to expel demon from Stav's car (and mine too) LOL :P
Old 16-04-2005, 08:04 PM   #54
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairmont_Krissy
/me Contacts priest to expel demon from Stav's car (and mine too) LOL :P
Demons and gremlins be gone, in Jesus' name! :Reverend:
Old 17-04-2005, 09:56 PM   #55
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
I suppose I cant go off about the cam itself the car is tuned right with a chip
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but remember Stav, me and you are running our cams without the headwork too. Its all a bit of experimentation on our parts.

Quote:
/me Contacts priest to expel demon from Stav's car (and mine too) LOL
haha "The power of Christ compels thee, the power of Christ compels thee"

And now back to Krissy....

Has Fez and XB.

Old 17-04-2005, 10:01 PM   #56
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Don't throw back to me - I've got nothing to say lol.
Old 18-04-2005, 12:52 AM   #57
stockstandard
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The dev 4 needs a chip without any doubt in my mind.
I thought JMM cams were supposed (or made) to work with the standard ECU?
stockstandard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2005, 01:25 AM   #58
stockstandard
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I looked at your dyno graph and it looks almost exactly like one of mine with a 1004-110 cam with respect to peak power and AFR. I think you hit the nail on the head with your comments about the cam not fixing blocked injectors etc - but that is not the job of a a chip either. If everything is working properly, I cant see why a dev 4 would need a chip, i mean it might benefit from it but I cant see it needing a chip to get a decent AFR.

But then again I have never had a dev cam - just going by what I have read here.
stockstandard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2005, 07:25 AM   #59
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

I'll agree with you useless but to a point. What about mine? Mine went in running perfectly and came back running the way it is now. You can't say that all of a sudden my injectors or map are at fault. Or that all of a sudden mine just decided to run lean (up to 17.0) at cruise.

I've said before that what works in one car may not work in another and yes every car is different (there may be other underlying and unknown issues) but I'm getting a little sick and tired of blaming my own car when I know it went in running A1. I wouldn've been stupid enough to go and have the cam done if my car was running like a dog to begin with. Think about it!

stockstandard is right - the dev4 is meant to run fine with the standard ECU and yet we're all running to get a chip in when it shouldn't need it. If it needed a chip alongside it then I'm sure Brenden would have said that straight up!

There's a pot of gold at the end of this rainbow mate and I'll get there! First I have to un-immobilise my car LOL.

I hope that after the injector clean, hego sensor and MAP that your car finally runs as it should. Good luck mate

Car - I'm over it _
Old 18-04-2005, 11:22 AM   #60
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
dont stress on it..we are here today and gone tommorow.
Some of us are already gone mate