Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 14-02-2007, 12:07 AM   #1
JoesAu

Thumbs up Ordered New Cam today

Should arrive tommorow, Crow 2522, im getting new lifters at last as well should make a bit of a difference i hope, it should be going in on the weekend hopefully. Will update once done.

JoesAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2007, 08:26 AM   #2
LOWAU

Did you end up getting a billet one or a regrind?

I am very interested to find out how it goes, good luck!
LOWAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2007, 10:55 AM   #3
JoesAu

im guessing its a billet, it was there last one in stock. IM sure it would be, he said it will go straight in no other modifications needed.
Old 14-02-2007, 11:00 AM   #4
Hibbz
The Mod Bug Has Hit

I was talking to surecam and crow cams and they both said they have one or to cams left and after that they wont have anymore billet blanks to grind because ford stop supplying them so one is currently getting casted in the US and wont be ready till june.

Jake
Hibbz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2007, 09:53 PM   #5
JoesAu

thats correct. Mine was due to arrive today by courier but hasnt shown up yet.
Old 15-02-2007, 09:55 AM   #6
JoesAu

Just arrived this morning, lifters are coming today, if im lucky it will be all in by tonight.
Old 15-02-2007, 10:36 AM   #7
nutcase

justa question... how does getting new lifters make a difference? Or did i read your post wrong
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2007, 11:51 AM   #8
JoesAu

i ment the cam will be a bit of a difference. If u have very bad lifters like i do i heard it stuffs up the way the valves operate thats what repco told me.
Old 15-02-2007, 01:41 PM   #9
Hibbz
The Mod Bug Has Hit

what did new lifters set you back???
Hibbz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2007, 10:08 PM   #10
JoesAu

Old 16-02-2007, 02:41 AM   #11
LO_ GHIA
cruisin

What duration is the cam? My brother put a crow 261 in his EL ghia. Seems like it should run good once it gets a tune. Are you intending on tuning it? Id be interested to see the gains.

~Nick.
LO_ GHIA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2007, 10:07 AM   #12
JoesAu

the duration is 265 i think. If im happy with it im planning on chipping the car which will see a good gain. Its a high torque cam, Crow said expect 6-8rwkw on a standard car. Have evrything sitting on floor i wanna put it in but havent got time till tommorow nite and its gonna be 38 to hot, maybe sunday morning.
Old 16-02-2007, 11:47 AM   #13
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

It sounds like it would be similar to an XR6 cam then really more mid range. interested to see how it goes in an AU. I tried the 2549 which is not for unchipped cars. you can see how that went in my gallery and workshop build
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2007, 10:08 PM   #14
JoesAu

yeah they told me its a bit bigger than An XR6 cam. its The maximum you can go without adding a chip. i'll prob get a chip anyway to get more out of it.
Old 17-02-2007, 11:55 AM   #15
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoesAu
yeah they told me its a bit bigger than An XR6 cam. its The maximum you can go without adding a chip. i'll prob get a chip anyway to get more out of it.
I am sure you will too I did and most people do.

The problem is you will find you are sepnding more money for less gains.

Oh the dyno charts might LOOK impressive but the truth is after extractors and cam swap more power becomes very expensive. Just be sure you know what your getting in to as the dollars spent won't come back to you in resale its all down to fun or entertainment and it gets an expensive hobby not all that family friendly I can tell you.
Old 17-02-2007, 03:57 PM   #16
JoesAu

yeah i know that this will probly be it i guess, i looked at turbo but i knew after research that i was up for 10k at least for a reliable package, im only 19 got plenty of cars to do. Ive got a XP coupe project on the go anyway, the au is the cruiser.
Old 18-02-2007, 02:59 AM   #17
JoesAu

well cam is in and the news is not great at the moment, My Lifters are screming for help, something is not rite i have a feeling my mech has given me Eseries lifters, spoke to him he said its fine just take it for a drive, No way i said im gona bend Valves if i havent already done it, its not looking good at the moment, im to scared to drive it it sounds like a 1980 model tractor
Old 18-02-2007, 07:41 AM   #18
JoesAu

everything has been done correctly, i noticed the lifters quiten down a tiny after 5min of idle but its not the point there should be no noise at all there brand new well i reckon there rooted already from the noise there pumping out, i rolled on idle down my driveway the car went to stall idle at 700rpm's so put it in Neutrall and rolled computer doesnt seem to be liking it, its not like its a mad cam either. im stressing out especially bout Valves!! Hope i havent recked the cam either. Any 1 got any suggestions?? Jonbays??
Old 18-02-2007, 08:17 AM   #19
JoesAu

the part number on lifters is RHT 4000 they even looked different before we put em in ithought they would be fine after all my mech gave em to me so i thought yep sweet should be ok. I put the rocker gear on correctly, only goes one way anyway its siiting level i cAnt imagine it being anything else. the car sounds very deep on idle, its mad but i need to get these lifters sorted out asap
Old 18-02-2007, 08:55 AM   #20
FS5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

don't stress mate they will rattle your brains out untill they pump up .it should only take a minute or two .start it up and hold on about 2000/2500 rpm for a minute or so if they dont quiten down then something maybe wrong.

actualy come to think of it ,did you swap the little retaining clips over onto your new lifters?
Old 18-02-2007, 09:14 AM   #21
JoesAu

no i dont think we did, my dad said he took it for a drive last night to servo not one noise and drove smooth as, i just started it and its screaming again, i checked the oil its gone like so thin like water, im popping down to auto barn very shortly to get 15w50 oil and new filter, something a lttle thicker than 10w40 wats in it now. The oil is only 3000k's old too but its just so thin
Old 18-02-2007, 09:16 AM   #22
JoesAu

the new lifters had a plastic ring around the top of them and my old ones had a steel 3/4loop like a retaining clip.
Old 18-02-2007, 11:03 AM   #23
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

Quote:
the new lifters had a plastic ring around the top of them and my old ones had a steel 3/4loop like a retaining clip.
I am guessing it will be all good by now but I know the feeling when you first start it up and OMG the noise!

I didn't bother with the plastic retainers as they can hold up the lifter so I left them out no probs at all.

You do need to get the lifter shimmed into a nice less than 1mm travel if you can as they will be a bit noisy otherwise. mine are running up at 1.2 mm because I am using 1mm shims and I really need to take out a 1mm and add a 1.5mm to get it really right.
Old 18-02-2007, 11:38 AM   #24
FS5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
i thought e series had the plastic retainers on the HLA's and the au's had the metal circlip.
Old 18-02-2007, 12:12 PM   #25
JoesAu

I kknow what it is, the shimms have been left out so i were putting em back.
Old 18-02-2007, 04:32 PM   #26
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

If the noise continues.Put the old lifters back in! I put repco lifters in min awhile back and it rattled its head off!!Theyre crap.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2007, 10:08 PM   #27
JoesAu

ive had a bad day
Old 18-02-2007, 10:14 PM   #28
JoesAu

put the factory shims in all was sweet took it down the road started screaming its headoff, the cam seems if its retarted or the computer just wont pic up, im gona have to get thicker shims i think, its blowing black smoke all the time, Im getting the vernier gear tommorow to see if we can adjust the timing a little c if i can get it running better. Does this cam need a chip?? my car is shaking like a Drag car and nearly stalling, its not a massive cam shouldnt be doing this.

I should of not bothered with this all ive created is a massive headache
Old 18-02-2007, 10:18 PM   #29
JoesAu

the car wont run, IN D the car is slower than it was, in manually changing the gears it goes hard
Old 18-02-2007, 11:27 PM   #30
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

The valves might not be closing.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post