Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 01-06-2019, 03:04 PM   #1
Charlesj
Starter Motor

Post 2011 Mondeo issue

Hi all, first visit in so greetings!
I’m having a problem with a 2011 Mondeo with the DCT 450 gearbox.

I recently changed oil and took off the valve block cover to clean internal filter magnet to do this I unhooked the electronic feed ( battery disconnected up front) the issue is after buttoning it up I went to start car (in park through whole process) but the vehicle didn’t recognize park position. Tried to shift to neutal and it locked in reverse - disconnecting battery allows me to move to neutral but park position is locked out. Only symptom is the dash reports low battery volts. I have a FIXD scannerbut nothing coming back on the codes so looking for some inspiration - car has not moved or started since work

Thanks

Jon C
Charlesj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2019, 06:17 PM   #2
Charlesj
Starter Motor

Default Re: 2011 Mondeo issue

For additional info - ran the onboard diag. No DTC’s present warning of low battery (12v registered. Have charged and confirmed connections no change anyone help??
Old 03-06-2019, 06:28 PM   #3
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Tread moved to where it might get more response.
Old 04-06-2019, 01:15 PM   #4
bundybear75

The app usually used on these is Forscan, with a Bluetooth or wireless OBD dongle.

Was there any plugs or cables removed when taking the valve cover off? Sounds like something has gone out of adjustment.

When I change the DCT fluid, I just replace the external cartridge filter. Not sure why you would need to take the valve body cover off?

Have you checked the levels? Car needs to be completely level and the refilling procedure adhered to.
2010 Peugeot 308 HDi SW - Shaggin Wagon II
2016 VDJ200R Landcruiser GX Wagon - TTD V8 Power !
2017 Toyota RAV4 GX Wagon - Shopping trolley - Gone
2022 Volvo XC40 T4 Inscription - Shopping trolley II
2002 BMW R1150GS
bundybear75 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2019, 03:36 PM   #5
rondeo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The only cheap scanner which can show Mondeo TCM data is Forscan.
Next is UCDS I think.
rondeo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2019, 10:42 PM   #6
Charlesj
Starter Motor

I had an intermittent sensor code popping so wanted to clean the internal filter magnet off.. I did disconnect the transmission loom during the process so very possible it’s cleared a memory...

External filter was changed and oil level filled but the next step was running vehicle to top levels off which I can’t do because of this issue..

Anyone got a reset procedure / relearn for the gearbox? I’ll have a look for forscan and see if I can get hold of a unit.. not used scanners much so might need a guide..

Thanks for help in advance..
Old 06-06-2019, 06:16 AM   #7
bundybear75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlesj View Post
I had an intermittent sensor code popping so wanted to clean the internal filter magnet off.. I did disconnect the transmission loom during the process so very possible it’s cleared a memory...

External filter was changed and oil level filled but the next step was running vehicle to top levels off which I can’t do because of this issue..

Anyone got a reset procedure / relearn for the gearbox? I’ll have a look for forscan and see if I can get hold of a unit.. not used scanners much so might need a guide..

Thanks for help in advance..
There is a fairly common issue with the speed sensor in the DCT transmission - unfortunately a fairly expensive fix. Mine occurred at about 135,000km.

Have you double checked the plug? You didn't damage any pins trying to plug it back in? This may be the issue??

Forscan is available as an app for you smartphone. I found it on the play store and it was around $7 from memory. I use a OBDLink MX via bluetooth but if you use an I-phone you would need the wireless version. I also successfully used a cheaper ebay OBD bluetooth dongle when I first had issues
2010 Peugeot 308 HDi SW - Shaggin Wagon II
2016 VDJ200R Landcruiser GX Wagon - TTD V8 Power !
2017 Toyota RAV4 GX Wagon - Shopping trolley - Gone
2022 Volvo XC40 T4 Inscription - Shopping trolley II
2002 BMW R1150GS
bundybear75 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post