Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 24-06-2019, 12:19 PM   #1
Markan
Starter Motor

Default Missing at beat every 5 seconds at red lights

Hi,can someone please help me with My au xr6 vct series 3,when I'm at stop in drive it's like every 5 seconds car jerk's?when I gun it just shake's won't Go fast just Pop's missing thinking it's coil pack?if anyone has experience this please let me know, it's killing me.cheers
Markan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2019, 12:40 PM   #2
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 
Default Re: Missing at beat every 5 seconds at red lights

In any order - Clean & lightly relube with fresh engine oil the ics sensor on top of the throttle body, renew your inlet manifold gasket, if the bolts are loose the gasket is more likely damaged.

Check each spark plug for spark quality, if any plugs are arcing with a yellow colour, renew plugs then check, if still doing it, renew your leads & check again. If still doing it replace your coilpack imo, good luck!

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 24-06-2019, 12:41 PM   #3
deeppocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markan View Post
Hi,can someone please help me with My au xr6 vct series 3,when I'm at stop in drive it's like every 5 seconds car jerk's?when I gun it just shake's won't Go fast just Pop's missing thinking it's coil pack?if anyone has experience this please let me know, it's killing me.cheers
Had a similar problem with my au & ended up being O2 sensor.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
deeppocket is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 24-06-2019, 12:48 PM   #4
Markan
Starter Motor

Thanks heaps macca, I'll check em out and Jack up the side have a good look at the coil pack,if all good with spark plugs etc, in park no problems Go all the way up in revs but in drive missing unreal.cheers all!!
Old 24-06-2019, 01:44 PM   #5
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

Im thinking maybe the fuel pump is possibly worn out if you've got over 200,000 kms on it, the fuel filter in there now is good & its the standard fuel pump still installed?

I replaced mine at 200,000 because it was cutting out going around roundabouts & idling funny sometimes.

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2019, 02:47 PM   #6
Markan
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
Im thinking maybe the fuel pump is possibly worn out if you've got over 200,000 kms on it, the fuel filter in there now is good & its the standard fuel pump still installed?

I replaced mine at 200,000 because it was cutting out going around roundabouts & idling funny sometimes.

cheers, Maka
thanks again,but macca stopped for half hour and it seams to fixed it self but when gun it happens maybe the bloke reakons O2 sensor?got me!i even heard could be blocking up the cat?? I'll start what you reakon see how i go, Cheers guys.