Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2021, 12:12 AM   #1
Bolly47
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default what is the hardest car brand to work on?

What is the hardest car brand to work on?
10.) Dodge Stratus -Even changing the battery is a nightmare since it's hidden behind the bumper on the driver's side.

9.) AMC Pacer - The worst is the 2 spark plugs hidden in the firewall.

8.) LT1 Camaro -It's a V6 engine bay with a V8 inappropriately stuffed in there.

7.) Porsche 991 - It's pretty much rear-mid-engined, which means you will need a week to get to the engine.

6.) Toyota Celica Alltrac - Remove the engine to replace the clutch.

5.) Ford F-250 - If you want to do almost anything serious on your truck, you start by removing the entire cab from the frame. And that just step one.

4.) Audi Allroad - If your newish VAG car has a V6, prepare yourself because the front will have to come off for everything.

3.) Jaguar XJS V12 - look at the mayhem below:

Image source: Jalopnik.com

2.) Aston Martin Lagonda - wtf ???

1.) Mercedes-Benz 600 Grosser - Everything is hydraulically operated, from the sunroof to the windows to the suspension to the reclining rear seats is incredibly difficult to work on. The mineral oil it runs on is pressurized to 3200 psi. If a line breaks, the fluid can cut into you like a knife. If you put the wrong fluid in, the entire system will leak like a sieve. If you try to close the hydraulically operated trunk with your hands, you'll break it.
Also in 1972 i was employee for Robert Lane Motor Mercedes Benz South Melbourne I remember doing some door repaired for late Bob Jane's Mercedes Benz 600 Crosser and keeping me wondering if Bob's family still got the Mercedes-Benz 600 Grosser and also I had 1970 300SEL 6.3 but sold it 20 years ago and was most difficult to repair was air suspension
The car chosen most by dictators.
Bolly47 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post: