Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 30-01-2020, 08:44 PM   #3001
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

I spent a great deal of effort cleaning up around my place including tree branches from mine and my neighbours roofline just to look over the fence and see **** everywhere, literally no effort at all to clean up and looks like that for most of the houses in my complex too. I hate that Yeah worse case, it won't make much difference but at least give yourself half a chance

Working from home tomorrow so I ready to go. My plan is to fight off small ember attack and get the **** out early if it gets too heavy or when the ESA says to go.

I think we should be OK but remember 2003 too well when at my mums place and I am way closer (now less than 10km from the front).

Hope those dicks who invaded the Lanyon Valley the other night stay away. Especially since you could have got a better picture elsewhere, way north

Hope for the best and put in a best effort to prepare
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 31-01-2020, 12:04 PM   #3002
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
I spent a great deal of effort cleaning up around my place including tree branches from mine and my neighbours roofline just to look over the fence and see **** everywhere, literally no effort at all to clean up and looks like that for most of the houses in my complex too. I hate that Yeah worse case, it won't make much difference but at least give yourself half a chance

Working from home tomorrow so I ready to go. My plan is to fight off small ember attack and get the **** out early if it gets too heavy or when the ESA says to go.

I think we should be OK but remember 2003 too well when at my mums place and I am way closer (now less than 10km from the front).

Hope those dicks who invaded the Lanyon Valley the other night stay away. Especially since you could have got a better picture elsewhere, way north

Hope for the best and put in a best effort to prepare
EPIC, Canberra 2003, remember it well.
Advice get the hell out of there you can not fight fires with garden hoses.
Hope it doesn't come to that.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 31-01-2020, 12:16 PM   #3003
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Well it happened again.
Railway closed down due to a fool driving a freight train to fast on a badly maintained, speed restricted track in the heat.
42 deg, I was outside and happened to watch this train speed through Chiltern and thought geeze he is really travelling.
10 mins later I start hearing sirens and a heap of firies heading out of town, later learning the freight train left the tracks spilling its containers all over the opposite line and starting a fire alongside the freeway, just as the southbound passenger service came around the bend.
They made heavy contact but fortunately no one was injured.
No trains have been running since.

2 users like this post:
Old 31-01-2020, 01:25 PM   #3004
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
EPIC, Canberra 2003, remember it well.
Advice get the hell out of there you can not fight fires with garden hoses.
Hope it doesn't come to that.
Yeah won't be risking it. Should be fine for today at least based up the latest updates but always can change. I'm not too worried but just being aware of what is going on.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2020, 04:36 PM   #3005
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

The very definition of laziness! Why throw rubbish in the bin, that's just too hard, someone else will deal with it. It will come as no surprise to learn then that this image was taken in front of the local Centrelink this morning.

Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-02-2020, 05:33 PM   #3006
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

What a shame. :(

Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2020, 06:42 PM   #3007
lra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Angry Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
The very definition of laziness! Why throw rubbish in the bin, that's just too hard, someone else will deal with it. It will come as no surprise to learn then that this image was taken in front of the local Centrelink this morning. ]
That is disheartening.
I have been a member of the local tidy towns group (which is made up of retirees) for 9 years, and I am sick of collecting other people’s rubbish on our working bee days.
Plastic drink bottles, pizza containers, Maccas boxes and all the other debris left by the younger generation that wants us to save the world. Beer and alcohol cans surprisingly are absent.
A couple of months ago, I drove past one of our projects and saw a pile of rubbish, which turned out to be a huge boxful of dirty nappies and used tampons. I cleaned it up and put it in the community waste bin. Probably not the correct hazmat procedure ….. but.
This year’s ‘clean up Australia’ day will be done without me …….. I’m over it.
lra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 09-02-2020, 07:58 PM   #3008
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lra View Post
That is disheartening.
I have been a member of the local tidy towns group (which is made up of retirees) for 9 years, and I am sick of collecting other people’s rubbish on our working bee days.
Plastic drink bottles, pizza containers, Maccas boxes and all the other debris left by the younger generation that wants us to save the world. Beer and alcohol cans surprisingly are absent.
A couple of months ago, I drove past one of our projects and saw a pile of rubbish, which turned out to be a huge boxful of dirty nappies and used tampons. I cleaned it up and put it in the community waste bin. Probably not the correct hazmat procedure ….. but.
This year’s ‘clean up Australia’ day will be done without me …….. I’m over it.
Disheartening is an understatement. I mow these lawns fortnightly, I spend just as much time cleaning up other peoples rubbish than I do cutting the bloody grass. The things I have found discarded over with little regard for the person who ultimately does the right thing is absolutely pathetic and disgusting.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-02-2020, 08:28 AM   #3009
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

People turning good cars into busted, flogged-out, mobile rubbish bins by simply neglecting a touch here and a dab there, of proactive stewardship.
Old 16-02-2020, 12:45 PM   #3010
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Bummer, had the water pump go in my little Ford Trader yesterday. Thinking it was the gasket that had gone bad due to coolant dripping around the lowest bolt.
10 minute job to replace as the radiator doesn't even need to come out but found I didn't have a spare in the inventory.
Oh well looks like waiting on a parcel delivery early in the week.

Last edited by roKWiz; 16-02-2020 at 01:14 PM.
Old 18-02-2020, 11:38 PM   #3011
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Things that require 3 batteries... why 3?? Can't be 4 or 2??

Batteries don't come in odd numbers.

Same with those kids toys that use several small button batteries end to end... great when they are supplied in China for a few cents each, crap when you need to replace them. Why not just a single AA or AAA??

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 19-02-2020, 08:01 PM   #3012
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

its called good marketing, you buy extra batteries and by the time the old ones need replacing you have lost the spares, so you buy double again....
Old 20-02-2020, 10:22 AM   #3013
Sioso
irregular member

Trying to explain annoying car noises to the dealer:

Sioso is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2020, 11:41 AM   #3014
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not sure if it's just me or most people are finding this, but I find the older I get the less I can tolerate poor service or being ripped off and feel that it happens quite a lot…..everything from grocery shopping, eating out at a restaurant to getting a tradie in to do some work around the house.

There was a time i'd let things like that go and not let it bother me, but these days I get quite irrate about it,
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 20-02-2020, 12:00 PM   #3015
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT0132 View Post
Not sure if it's just me or most people are finding this, but I find the older I get the less I can tolerate poor service or being ripped off and feel that it happens quite a lot…..everything from grocery shopping, eating out at a restaurant to getting a tradie in to do some work around the house.

There was a time i'd let things like that go and not let it bother me, but these days I get quite irrate about it,
Although .... I think as I get older .... I find its harder to find good ol' fashioned service anymore.

Maybe that's why you are noticing it more and more .... I know I am.

Never used to be this bad.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 20-02-2020, 12:33 PM   #3016
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

It is definitely a problem that’s worsened. People in a rush, blinkered.
Old 20-02-2020, 12:51 PM   #3017
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

You bunch of old farts
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
8 users like this post:
Old 20-02-2020, 02:11 PM   #3018
marty351
Shenanigans..............

"Back in my day....." starts in 3,2,1
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 21-02-2020, 01:36 PM   #3019
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Just got our local train back running a couple of days ago after the freight train accident now after loosing an XPT at Wallan the system has been shut down again until further notice.

2 users like this post:
Old 21-02-2020, 05:36 PM   #3020
.:4:.
Kicking back

Its becoming more and more inconvenient the halt on chinese imports. For a job this morning i needed 3 specific hand dryers. My manager did the ring around and found 3 in silverwater. So he got them put aside. I go there on my way to work and what do you know, they had 3 in the system but didnt have them. In true customer service style i ask the guy on the desk to look up who has. He says artarmon. So i ask him to call them and confirm. All he does is hand me a post it note with a phone number and says for me to call. So i did and asked them to physically check. Sure enough, no dice. So i called another wholesaler and they did the right thing amd found and confirmed that there were the 3 i need in north parramatta. So i drove almost home and got them. By this time it was now peak hour. So it took an age to get to alexandria to the job. Its frustrating how wholesalers make false promises at times. Later in the day i chased up a quote i asked for at works preffered branch. The response was the good old i forgot. Seriously, do these guys even want to make sales or not? So i got that quote for parts, and even though it was slightly cheaper, we are going with the other quote we got the day we asked, out of spite.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2020, 06:41 PM   #3021
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Bathurst 2022
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 22-02-2020, 11:55 AM   #3022
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys View Post
Bathurst 2022image
I wonder how long it will be before we see a dual cab ute race at Bathurst, hopefully never.

2 users like this post:
Old 24-02-2020, 06:53 PM   #3023
Lunch
Wait, what?

Giving my cars to anyone to work on.

Falcon in for a service today, pick it up jump in, good to go, give it a little throttle and the intercooler intake pipe blows off. Back to the shop.

Last time: Was getting the front camber corrected on the falcon, came back with a massive chunk out of a rear rim and tyre

Time before: replacement stripes on the Mustang were incorrect

Time before: paint on the Mustang was failing

Time before: plug on the header tank on the falcon wasn’t put on, took me a while to work out that that’s why there was coolant everywhere.

Time before: icc had failed but they gave me the car back anyway ( what you think I wouldn’t notice ?)

A couple times before: bought the rims brand new from a shop but was given 4 rims from 3 different sets, 2 of which were 2nd hand....

I shouldn’t have to check over everything that’s done straight after paying for it to be done.. isn’t that the ******* point?

Why are so many people in the auto industry ****?

A few years ago I also had to send the falcon back to the panel shop because their repair respray was shrinking and they broke the clips on the grille

Last edited by GasoLane; 24-02-2020 at 07:04 PM.
Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 24-02-2020, 07:09 PM   #3024
Sioso
irregular member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunch View Post
Giving my cars to anyone to work on.

Falcon in for a service today, pick it up jump in, good to go, give it a little throttle and the intercooler intake pipe blows off. Back to the shop.

Last time: Was getting the front camber corrected on the falcon, came back with a massive chunk out of a rear rim and tyre

Time before: replacement stripes on the Mustang were incorrect

Time before: paint on the Mustang was failing

Time before: plug on the header tank on the falcon wasn’t put on, took me a while to work out that that’s why there was coolant everywhere.

Time before: icc had failed but they gave me the car back anyway ( what you think I wouldn’t notice ?)

A couple times before: bought the rims brand new from a shop but was given 4 rims from 3 different sets, 2 of which were 2nd hand....

I shouldn’t have to check over everything that’s done straight after paying for it to be done.. isn’t that the ******* point?

Why are so many people in the auto industry ****?

A few years ago I also had to send the falcon back to the panel shop because their repair respray was shrinking and they broke the clips on the grille
So it isn't just me!
I went through stuff like this for over 20yrs, thankfully I found a great mechanic a few years ago.
Sioso is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 25-02-2020, 10:06 AM   #3025
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Broke a pair of garden shears yesterday evening. Thought “no worries, Bunnings will have some the same”. Well, they don’t!
2 users like this post:
Old 25-02-2020, 12:15 PM   #3026
roKWiz
Cabover nut

CB, Imaging owning a house between Bunnings and Pick a Part.

2 users like this post:
Old 25-02-2020, 01:14 PM   #3027
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
CB, Imaging owning a house between Bunnings and Pick a Part.
Old 25-02-2020, 02:00 PM   #3028
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
I can't talk I want to move into Wodonga caravan park......Cummins next door, Kenworth up the street and APCO/IGA around the corner.

Old 25-02-2020, 02:03 PM   #3029
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Got sent a bowel screening kit in the mail :(

It's official... i'm old !!
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 25-02-2020, 02:29 PM   #3030
Sioso
irregular member