Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 11-09-2013, 11:13 PM   #1
mcfly94
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default King springs for AU

Hey guys just bought an au 3 forte, and want to lower the car, are king springs anygood, or is the ride quality poor? wanting to maintain the nice comfortable soft ride, but lower it about an inch, I think the same as tickford height?
Whats everyones opinions?

mcfly94 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2013, 01:43 PM   #2
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 
Default Re: King springs for AU

I think King Lows are pretty much the same springs and same height as stock XR springs.
If you lower your car in any way at all, you will almost certainly compromise your ride comfort, unless you start spending real big dollars. It may be only by a small amount, and this may be an acceptable trade-off to you for the look or handling or whatever the perceived benefit of lowering a car is.
This user likes this post:
Old 13-09-2013, 05:54 PM   #3
ben131185

probably just go with king low's.

i have sl in the front and low in the rear.
i had sl's in the rear, it looked good but with the gas tank and 2 passengers in the back, driving anything over 80kmh on a slightly bumpy road was unbearable, that was on normal sealed country highways.

the low's still look good, sits level with the lpg tank.
ben131185 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2013, 07:44 PM   #4
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben131185 View Post
probably just go with king low's.
the low's still look good, sits level with the lpg tank.
This is my experience also. Lows (or in my case stock XR springs) made the back sit great with the LPG tank.

For those with no LPG, SL on the rear are needed to make it sit level with lows on the front.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2013, 07:54 PM   #5
mcfly94
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well I don't have lpg! and will be going lows in the front,
I actually have kings lows and supers from my xf for the au, super low = low for au, and ultra = super. Checked out the king springs catalogue so that's a bonus not having to buy rear springs/
mcfly94 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2013, 08:22 PM   #6
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware View Post
I think King Lows are pretty much the same springs and same height as stock XR springs.
If you lower your car in any way at all, you will almost certainly compromise your ride comfort, unless you start spending real big dollars. It may be only by a small amount, and this may be an acceptable trade-off to you for the look or handling or whatever the perceived benefit of lowering a car is.
Geez doomsday much? King lows are the same as XR height and Ive had various lowered Falcons and it's not that bad. Some good shocks combined with springs will have it riding and handling quite well.
Old 13-09-2013, 08:54 PM   #7
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

The trade off (in ride quality) aint too bad depends on how much air you've got in your tyres also.

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2013, 10:09 PM   #8
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf View Post
Geez doomsday much?
Nope, just pragmatic.