Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 02-03-2015, 05:37 PM   #1
fearless2fight
Starter Motor

Default Low rev engine problem

Hi

I have a 2008 MA LX and have been having a bit of a problem with it recently. When i start it, the car shakes a bit and revs below 1000 like it is about to stall. I thought I should try driving it and every time it changed gears, it shakes a lot worse. After I drove it for around 300m the engine warning light came on. What could the problem be?

Thanks
Simone
fearless2fight is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2015, 01:08 PM   #2
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Default Re: Low rev engine problem

The possibilities are many unfortunately. Check engine light mainly is about emissions failure, blocked cat, injector issue (so too much fuel), O2 sensor can all give the same symptom.

Your best bet is to get a OBD2 scan tool on it and see what code it's flagged to narrow down the fault and go from there. A workshop may do it for free or charge a little fee. If in a rush I'd do that first and then consider a scan tool later on.

They can be as cheap as ~$20 and upto $200 or consumer types, then into the $100's, Pro gear several thousands.

I did some work for a neighbour on his BMW and he gave me a cheap OBD2 he bought which didn't fit nor would have worked for it. I think it was like $16 ebay job, but it works on the Mondeo TDCI and everything else supporting OBD protocols.

like this:
cobrin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2015, 02:41 PM   #3
byrnzy
Starter Motor

Default Re: Low rev engine problem

Simone

I have a 2007 MA and it did something similar. It would be rough to start, revs would drop, and then on one occasion it stalled.

I replaced the battery. According to the person that changed the battery for me, he stated that the old battery still was fine and returned good figures on there tester. I replaced it anyhow and the problem instantly went away.

I cant recall ever experiencing the other issue you have described tho

thanks

Sean
byrnzy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post