Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-12-2010, 12:24 AM   #151
Matt47569
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
That's the difficulty: too many impersonators out there but the cops are now using hoon confiscated cars.
so cops can impound your car and then use it as their own vehicle? not likely..
Old 01-12-2010, 12:57 AM   #152
GazzF6
Perth WA
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron.LSN
I've seen and heard of quite a few properly undercover cars here in Perth...
Yes, I would have to agree with that.. V8 Utes, Wrx's, 4x4's with speed cams out front with the bonnet up.. Also using cams inside vehicles shooting out the back window as you approach.

2016 Jaguar XE Black Pack R-Sport
GazzF6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2010, 01:11 AM   #153
388cube_edxr8
Nutty Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt47569
so cops can impound your car and then use it as their own vehicle? not likely..
Not impound, confiscate. In QLD, once it's impounded 3 times it's no longer yours. Usually they make you watch it get crushed but it wouldn't surprise me if they used em as bait cars or covert Constable Kodak.

Easy way around it is, once your car gets impounded twice, go buy a repairable write off of the same model and swap the ID tags over, then transfer the rego to the "car you have just repaired." New vehicle, new impound history.
If you buy a rubbish car, what you are saying is "I have no interest in cars." If you have no interest in cars, you have no interest in driving, and if you have no interest in something, it means you're no good at it, which means you must have your driving license taken away.
388cube_edxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2010, 01:27 AM   #154
GazzF6
Perth WA
Donating Member1

Maybe we could start a topic thread about these Q, Undercover, Plain cars for each state.. Title could be "Spotted" In xxx (state) Status: Normal or Baiter? Anyone... Anyone...

2016 Jaguar XE Black Pack R-Sport
GazzF6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2010, 01:47 AM   #155
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

We knew of a bloke up here in Brisbane who got baited by cops driving an R32 Skyline, which was an impounded car with some fancy flashing lights on it.

Cops went sideways, he went sideways, they let him pass then pulled him over and booked him. He got off because they baited him.
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2010, 02:07 AM   #156
motorcycles4eva
love the xa's

Quote:
Originally Posted by 388cube_edxr8
Not impound, confiscate. In QLD, once it's impounded 3 times it's no longer yours. Usually they make you watch it get crushed but it wouldn't surprise me if they used em as bait cars or covert Constable Kodak.

Easy way around it is, once your car gets impounded twice, go buy a repairable write off of the same model and swap the ID tags over, then transfer the rego to the "car you have just repaired." New vehicle, new impound history.
i know an even easier way.. and much cheaper too.... go to your local track and thrash the f.......k out of it .. all legit...and no 1st strike...
motorcycles4eva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2011, 04:39 AM   #157
MAXEDOUT33
Banned

Exclamation Undercover Motorbikes

UNDERCOVER / UNMARKED POLICE MOTORBIKES.
Was cruzn home tonight outbound on Dandy Rd/Princess Hwy near Oakleigh / Clayton. Heaps of hotted up cars out which is nothing new for a Friday night round these parts. Pulled up at the lights near FTG Rd a group of ricers chucked a u-turn one of them got just a little bit of wheel spin, I jumped on it an took off after them, few secs later I see this bike ripping up on my left so I level out close to the speed limit, always been sus on bikes till I can see them properly.

Saw it was a black sports bike thought sweet, the bike ripped past weaving through the ricers then chucks the blue n red flashies on going for the car that did that baby wheel spin craziest thing - not even sure if the driver did it on purpose lol. The funny thing is I can still hear V8's rippin it right now as I write this and Im at least 800m+ away from Dandy Rd.

So heads up to all those Friday night Dandy Rd cruzers don't be trustin bikes till u sus em out --this guy was plain clothes, the only thing NQR that stood out was his black jacket had a couple of thick reflective stripes on it probs a night time safety thing for when they jump off
MAXEDOUT33 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2011, 11:04 AM   #158
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Default Re: Undercover Motorbikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXEDOUT33
Was cruzn home tonight outbound on Dandy Rd/Princess Hwy near Oakleigh / Clayton. Heaps of hotted up cars out which is nothing new for a Friday night round these parts. Pulled up at the lights near FTG Rd a group of ricers chucked a u-turn one of them got just a little bit of wheel spin, I jumped on it an took off after them, few secs later I see this bike ripping up on my left so I level out close to the speed limit, always been sus on bikes till I can see them properly.

Saw it was a black sports bike thought sweet, the bike ripped past weaving through the ricers then chucks the blue n red flashies on going for the car that did that baby wheel spin craziest thing - not even sure if the driver did it on purpose lol. The funny thing is I can still hear V8's rippin it right now as I write this and Im at least 800m+ away from Dandy Rd.

So heads up to all those Friday night Dandy Rd cruzers don't be trustin bikes till u sus em out --this guy was plain clothes, the only thing NQR that stood out was his black jacket had a couple of thick reflective stripes on it probs a night time safety thing for when they jump off
Good idea, it might stop people like you 'jumpin on it' to chase them and join in.
Old 27-08-2011, 08:55 PM   #159
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:

Isn't riding around a motorbike doing pursuits an occupational hazard? I can just imagine the pursued car doing a nice handbrakie, and bye bye mister officer see you in pieces down the road.
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2011, 09:07 PM   #160
GTP 290

Quote:
going for the car that did that baby wheel spin craziest thing - not even sure if the driver did it on purpose lol.
If you honestly believe this then you need to learn how to drive. Give me ANY car and I will show you that it can be driven without spinning the wheels in ANY circumstance.
GTP 290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2011, 09:26 PM   #161
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 
Default Re: Undercover Cop Cars!

Lol^^^^lol
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2011, 11:08 PM   #162
gemini

UNLEASHED and NOLIMIT. Watch out for these plates as they are undercovers. A green Commodore ute and a silver one. Im pretty sure ive seen the unleashed plates on an older Commodore aswell.

The green ute tried to drag me while I was in the zed and got upset when I wouldn't take the bait. He then took off like a mad man.
gemini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2011, 05:52 AM   #163
Bobman
Regulator

^ obviously not in Victoria.

Photo of an unmarked solo in Victoria Police's arsenal: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-bfccwlzFA-...1600/biike.jpg

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)