Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 03-10-2008, 05:25 PM   #1
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 
Default EL GT with 59,500 klms

Havent seen one of these for sale for a while - although I have not been looking - not really a good time to sell IMO the crazy season of high prices is over IMO

This EL GT would suit a new car buyer and has only travelled 59,500 kilometres. Is No. 128 of 250 built and as such a rare model is now appreciating in value with the accelerated interest in the older GT's. This one would make an excellent investment while the price is still affordable. Reserve guide $33,500 + 7 1/2% buyer's premium.

Details:- CLICK HERE

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2008, 05:37 PM   #2
stalker
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

there is another one on ebay at the moment. he wants 29 though for it and has 110 or there abouts km's
XF ute 4.0ltr injected out of an ed with girl cam and 5speed, and an xd front end for good measure
stalker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2008, 09:42 AM   #3
TOASTED
JMM modded EF

wow. that is really nice yea a investment alright, go on rosco its always a good time to invest

Guess the alcohol tax is turning people to mind altering drugs.
I drive : A heavily modified EF Fairmont with a JMM dev5 cam, worked head, 3.5" mandrel bent intake, exhaust, and a few other bits n pieces like a stally etc.

"She goes like a zirtek"

WANT A FAST FORD RING THIS BLOKE V V

Abbott Engines for HeadWork
20 years experience
PH Rob on (07) 5526 3883
TOASTED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2008, 08:38 AM   #4
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Nice Kms, but if you picked it up it would be a shame to pile kms on it. At the same time it would be criminal not to unleash it on weekends also.

Out of every modern day supercar inc the M3 and the likes the EL GT is my dream car.
Old 05-10-2008, 11:23 AM   #5
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegabass
Out of every modern day supercar inc the M3 and the likes the EL GT is my dream car.
Would you really call an EL GT a supercar?!
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2008, 11:44 AM   #6
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by private9
Would you really call an EL GT a supercar?!

No its a family saloon, but I guess I was trying to say Id rather a EL GT than a mordern supercar.

Drooooooool.
Old 05-10-2008, 11:52 AM   #7
ieatsports_cars
proud member of the MFCC

i love these gts my favourite, i just want one

iam hearing ya vegabass, im hearing ya
ieatsports_cars is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2008, 04:34 PM   #8
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Oh man I want one of these babys!! Only things I would do it slam it, tint the windows darker and possibly a bolt on supercharger! Then just drive it! LOL.

Such a nice car and I love how much attention the kit draws to itself. I know everyone doesn't like the kit but I think it's bloody perfect!
Old 05-10-2008, 09:12 PM   #9
Mickus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVL-XR
Oh man I want one of these babys!! Only things I would do it slam it, tint the windows darker and possibly a bolt on supercharger! Then just drive it! LOL.

Such a nice car and I love how much attention the kit draws to itself. I know everyone doesn't like the kit but I think it's bloody perfect!
A car like this should not be molested!

If you want to do these things, get an aftermarket kit and slap it on a gli

I personally wouldnt touch a GT other than maybe change the wheels
Mickus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2008, 09:45 PM   #10
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickus
A car like this should not be molested!

If you want to do these things, get an aftermarket kit and slap it on a gli

I personally wouldnt touch a GT other than maybe change the wheels
:thebirds:

It's not really molesting it. Tinted windows are factory options on all cars, so making them darker isn't really doing anything. Slamming it is just doing what Ford should have done from factory, you'd keep the original suspension in the cupboard anyway for resale. And putting a blower on it is also what Ford should have done from factory, it doesn't have to be crazy, just enough to make it respectable power figure.

As for putting the kit on a GLi you know it's impossible apart from wrong looking aftermarket kits. You'd have to rape a genuine GT and thats wrong in itself!

And finally why the hell would you change the wheels!! ANY other wheel on an EL GT would just be wrong and would be molesting it more than slamming it!!
Old 05-10-2008, 09:50 PM   #11
b2tf
not here much anymore

There's a Supercharged EL GT on Youtube, all bolt on (and can be unbolted) and it sounds mint.

I know of one of these cars in Burgundy, Manual and Sunroof that has 9,000kms on it - been lucky enough to go for a drive in it and it was just awesome. Definitely one I'd like to have in my shed one day.
Old 05-10-2008, 10:00 PM   #12
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
There's a Supercharged EL GT on Youtube, all bolt on (and can be unbolted) and it sounds mint.
Yeah I've seen that one a few times, blue isn't it? Thats the way to have it, all simple bolt on, bolt off without too much trouble.
Old 15-10-2008, 01:56 PM   #13
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Looks like some one bought it as it has been deleted off the website - together with the Pics so my links dont work anymore GRRRRRRR

Wonder what it sold for?

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2008, 07:19 PM   #14
tapeworm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'll take an EL GT with FR19's, massively lowered with no spoiler thanks :evil3:
tapeworm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2008, 10:36 PM   #15
banarcus
hmm eyebrows

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
He has a few clips and after watching them I realised that he literally lives down the road from me and still owns it!
Old 17-10-2008, 10:53 PM   #16
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The EL GT is probably the nicest modern day GT out there....rare, look the goods...nothing else needs to be said....I'd say go for it....If I had the cash I'd grab it no hesitation.
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2008, 09:00 PM   #17
RED FGII
Formerly EL-351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorted
Looks like some one bought it as it has been deleted off the website - together with the Pics so my links dont work anymore GRRRRRRR

Wonder what it sold for?

yeh man, wheres the pics
Old 24-10-2008, 10:29 AM   #18
TOASTED
JMM modded EF

damn just wanted to look at those pics too...

Guess the alcohol tax is turning people to mind altering drugs.
I drive : A heavily modified EF Fairmont with a JMM dev5 cam, worked head, 3.5" mandrel bent intake, exhaust, and a few other bits n pieces like a stally etc.

"She goes like a zirtek"

WANT A FAST FORD RING THIS BLOKE V V

Abbott Engines for HeadWork
20 years experience
PH Rob on (07) 5526 3883
TOASTED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post