Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 01-03-2016, 04:40 PM   #1
rondeo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 2010 TDCI Powershift problems

Any visible contamination of the transmission fluid filter by particles of plastic or metal would be good evidence of a serious issue. Might be an idea to change the fluid and take a look?

OK didn't see your last post. So the fluid has been changed?
rondeo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2016, 04:44 PM   #2
Groomy
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondeo View Post
Any visible contamination of the transmission fluid filter by particles of plastic or metal would be good evidence of a serious issue. Might be an idea to change the fluid and take a look?
Does anyone know why there might be metal in the clutch pack oil?
Surely the thing that's going to degrade in the clutch is the friction material?
Is it a case of the friction material being completely worn away so the clutch is metal on metal? (surely that's going to slip like hell - especially when you're lubricating the situation!)
Groomy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2016, 04:56 PM   #3
manchu

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondeo View Post

OK didn't see your last post. So the fluid has been changed?
Not sure if your post is for me or someone else. (I probably shouldn't have hijacked the thread, but didn't want to start another powershift problem thread!).

anyway..I don't know if there's contamination.

No..according to the co. that did the 60,000km service the fluid wasn't changed.
manchu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post