Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 13-02-2019, 02:04 PM   #1
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Default WQ Fiesta Options not available in Oz

I took some time to look through a UK spec Fiesta options list. Did we get any of these in Oz?

Bluetooth Hands Free
Climate Control
Rear Parking Sensors
Music Socket Connection
Power Folding Heated Side Mirrors
Rain Sensing Wipers
Auto Headlights
Passenger Airbag Deactivation Switch
Side and Curtain Airbags
ESP
Sony Audio System
Blaupunkt Sat Nav
DIN sized Bezel option (for aftermarket audio)
Interior Movement Sensing Alarm.

A lot of these were part of cars sold with a 'Pack'

Reflex Pack = front side impact and curtain airbags (Required for ESP)
Visibility Pack - heated Windscreen and heated powered door mirrors
ESP Pack - an add-on to the Reflex Pack
Technology Pack - rain sense wipers, auto headlamps, power fold (not heated) mirrors.

So. Now I'm curious. I have upgraded my 'poverty spec' BA XR8 using Fairlane parts - 8 way drivers memory seat, 6 way powered passenger seat, memory mirrors, climate control A/C, auto-on headlamps, bluetooth/aux input etc. So doing something similar to an Oz spec Fiesta with parts from the UK sounds compelling. The way I did it last time was to read the BA Workshop manual almost end to end for each relevant section and managed to figure out how to do it.

At least I know where to begin....

https://issuu.com/mustaphamondeo/docs/ford_fiesta_2007

Luke
Old 13-02-2019, 05:39 PM   #2
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Default Re: WQ Fiesta Options not available in Oz

Missed one.

the ST150 had the option of Full Leather Seats - which are electrically warmed, and apparently plug into the standard loom as a direct swap.....

I wish I could find the Australian WQ Fiesta brochure, that would certainly help.

Lukeyson
Old 13-02-2019, 05:45 PM   #3
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Leather Heated Seats - the button to turn on is visible..

Folded Power Mirror

And power folding mirror switch:

Auto Headlights Switch

And Climate Control with optional silver fascia:

Lukeyson
Old 05-03-2019, 11:39 AM   #4
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

The key to this looks to be the looms. I have spent some time over the weekend plucking detail out of a few wiring diagrams. The AFF diagrams are better than anything else I've found on line because all the text is searchable - online stuff are scans with OCR and the OCR is a bit hit and miss. The only downside to the AFF pages is that it is broken into multiple pages and needs a search on each page. Manageable.

I have had a focus on wiring for the auto wipers sensor, the auto lights switch, the sunload sensor, the ambient temp sensor - which is somewhere up the front of the engine bay - the different plugs for the climate control, additional motors and sensors in the HVAC unit, the lines to the drivers and passengers doors for the power folding mirrors and the heated seats.

Some need extra relays - certainly the auto lights has it's own relay, and the power mirror has a 'mirror opening' relay and a 'mirror closing' relay. I'll have to watch for that. There's one big-**** loom that covers 90% of the car - it goes right down the left and right sides of the chassis, boot, cabin, engine bay - and joins in the middle through the dash. There's a separate engine loom for diesels, standard petrols, and the ST150, but the main loom also varies depending on the engine type. There's a dash and cabin loom that connects through everything on the dash. There's a tailgate loom. And there's a roof loom that picks up the overhead lights and rain sensor.

Other discoveries following some of the loom maps is that some models have single and double locking. Some models have auto-leveling headlights. But I cannot find any factory looms for park sensors. So it looks like reverse park aids are all add-on modules with no CAN integration.

The GEM is in control of many of the advanced functions, as I can find rain sensor lines, auto headlight switch and relay lines etc all feeding into lines on the GEM. So i am keen to hook up an IDS to see whether all those options can be activated or not, or if there are different GEM part numbers like there are different BEM part numbers for Falcons/Territories.

I still have some mapping to do - but the next bit is to go on a search of all the loom part numbers to see what I can find - and for that I'm on the hunt for an old dodgy Microcat or eCat.....

Lukeyson
Old 05-03-2019, 11:43 AM   #5
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

The EATC Module, or the Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (Climatronic), is the same module in the WQ fiesta as in the MkIII Mondeo - which would be useful if the MkIII was actually sold in Oz....

Lukeyson
Old 05-03-2019, 12:41 PM   #6
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

And something else a bit useful but not exactly related to this thread - some kind of hidden menu in the Fiesta cluster

Lukeyson
Old 07-03-2019, 10:04 AM   #7
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Auto Lights and Auto Wipers

Just doing a bit of a write up on some findings. Be with you shortly.

Luke
Old 07-03-2019, 01:11 PM   #8
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Auto Lights and Auto Wipers

Sensor and Roof Loom: The light sensor and the rain sensor are in a little module that sits just behind the interior mirror attached to the windscreen. It has a 3 pin plug that connects to the roof loom. The 3 pins are for GND, +ve and for an ISO Serial Comms line that feeds to the GEM. The roof loom for this needs the connector for the sensor. The standard roof loom on the WQ XR4 is part 6S6Y-14335-AE. The roof loom that would have the sensor connector is 6S6Y-14335-BE (5/10/05 to 3/8/08) or BF (3/8/07 to 30-9-08). Loom 14335 patches to loom 14401 - which is the main body loom.

The sensor has part number 3S7T 17D547-AC. But a brief lookup shows that the sensor looks to be the same on the WT fiesta, and some other models, like some models of Mondeo/Focus.

Main/Body Loom. WQ XR4 shipped with loom 6S6Y-14401-NEC which has no heated windsreen, no daytime running lamps, but has side airbags, seatbelt warning, ABS, ESP. Everything I see on that loom seems to indicate that the options are about side airbags, ABS, ESP (which are separate features on the Fiesta), Heated Windscreen, DRL (what headlights have DRL I wonder?). There doesn't seem to be any differences between auto lights/auto wipers/auto climate on these. So lets assume no change on the main loom. Phew. It goes everywhere. 14401 patches to Dash and Cabin loom 14K024

Dash and Cabin Loom. WQ XR4 came with loom 6S6T-14K024-DLH and lists as 5 Sp MAN, Manual AC with ESP. There are no specifics about auto wipers or lights, so I will assume for now that no change is required.

Switchgear. The wiper stalk does not appear to have any difference between auto and standard/variable intermittent wipe. The light switch, however, does need to change to add the ‘auto’ option. The std part number is 6S6T 13A024-DA, but the part with the auto lamps and all the front and rear fog options is 6S6T 13A024-BA.

Relays and Fuses. There’s no relay needed for the wipers, as all the same mechanisms from the GEM are used to run them. But for the auto headlights, there seems to be an extra relay that runs in parallel to the existing relays. The auto-lights relay is in the wiring diagrams LF38 on connector C-418, which is part of the 14401 body loom and looks to be in the CJB fuse box. It uses Fuse 31, 10A in the Central Junction Box enclosure. - which is in behind the glove Box. So I go and inspect based on where F31 and C418 are on the CJB map:

So I took a photo to find out what actually is in the car now. And lo, there is already an auto-lights relay in C418 (!) AND there is a 10A fuse in F31. Imagine all those relays and fuses sold in Aus spec XR4's that have NEVER been used!

GEM. Now here is where my information runs a bit dry. The GEM uses the information from the auto light switch setting and the sunload/light/rain sensor to trigger lights on and a wiper movement. All the lines for the wipers exist already. In fact, the GEM is programmed to run the wipers when the washer pump is triggered, without the wipers being turned on. Also, with all the relays already in place, all we need is the switch position and sunload sensor, and the GEM should be able to send an output to automatically turn the lights on. So is this something that is programmable via the IDS to turn the feature on? Or are there various GEM part numbers with these hard coded? I can only find a very small list of part numbers for the GEM, so I am crossing my fingers that this is programmable. There were really only 2 BEM's on Oz spec cars - high and low. (There was a black alarm one as well at the very start). But most settings on those were programmable. The only way to know is to hook up an IDS and have a look.

Summary: It looks like we should just need a light switch, a roof loom and a Rain/Light sensor, and – fingers crossed – turn some features on the existing GEM and we’re good to go with auto lights and auto wipers.

Lukeyson

Last edited by Luke Plaizier; 07-03-2019 at 01:23 PM.
Luke Plaizier is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 07-03-2019, 01:29 PM   #9
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

There is also a cover for the Rain/light sensor module, split into two halves: BM51 17D550-AA3YYW and 3S71 16D568-AD.

There may also be an 'attach pad' required to stick the sensor onto the windscreen. I found a few on eBay that seems appropriate.

Luke
Old 07-03-2019, 02:12 PM   #10
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Auto Climate Control

Dash and Cabin Loom: The Dash/Cabin loom required to support Auto Climate Control, however, does need to be different. We listed the part number that shipped with the XR4 above, what is required is 6S6T-14K024-DMH (19/4/06 to 5/2/08) or DMK (5/2/08 to 18/11/08) for 5SP Man with ESP and Auto AC.

There's an ambient temp sensor that looks to be mounted right up the front of the engine bay - and the WQ seems to have it already as the outside temp is available on one of the options on the intsrument cluster display.

Controls: For Climate Control, the XR4 comes with the manual Controls for fan and temp with part 2S6H-19980-BF. The auto climate control module (EATC) is part number 6S6T-18C612-AE. Theres also bezel options for the auto climate module - ashpalt grey, organza, passion blue, coral and carbon. There's a cabin temp sensor that plugs into the back of the eatc module that sucks in air via those small slots you see in the front.

For the HVAC assembly, unlike the Australian vehicles (Falcon/Territory) where you simply reprogramed the HIM to change from Manual to Auto climate control, it looks like the assembly might have to change. For Manual AC there are cables that come from the back of the Vent Dials for Temp control and the Air Distribution Control that connect to levers on the HVAC itself, that move the flaps. For the Auto Climate HVAC, instead of levers, there are actuators and some additional cogs from the actuator that fit into the existing lever slots. So there might be two ways to approach this:

Replace the whole unit: WQ XR4 came with 2N1H 19B555-BS Manual AC module. The full replacement would be part 6S6H 19B555-BF. Note that there are different LHD and RHD HVAC modules, and that part is for RHD.

Replace just the bits: The Cogs all seem to be part of a kit: 6S6H 19E872-AA. For the actuators, I see two part numbers. AV6N 19E616-AA appears to be for the Air Distribution door, and 1S7H 19B634-CA seems to be for the temp control, and may also be the same part number for the Footwell ventilation.

Temp Sensors: There's also a footwell outlet temp sensor: with two part numbers, 3M5T-19C734-AB or 4S7T-19C734-AA. No idea of the difference, but relevant for all models. This goes into the hvac itself.

And there's a centre vent outlet temp sensor: ...that I can't find the part for. Maybe it is one of the two above? This goes into the ducting behind the centre air vents outlets. In fact, the duct itself has a different part number, probably to allow the sensor to fit. The standard part is 6S6H-9B660-BB, but the part that allows the temp sensor to be installed is 6S6H-9B660-DB. Both of these sensors can be seen in one of the images of the full hvac unit above.

Summary: This one is not so easy, but certainly far from impossible. The sum total of parts includes:

• Dash & Cabin Loom with Auto AC components, so it’s a dash out. You’d need to do this for the hvac anyway.
• Either retrofit parts to the current hvac, or replace it with a whole RHD auto unit. I’d be trying option A first.
• Replace the Controls and Bezel
• Fit temp sensors to hvac and outlet air vent -which may need a replacement duct.

Given the LHD/RHD sensitivity of this, the only place you could get parts from is the UK. It's a pity the Indian Figo did not have these features, but the Europen Fusion, which is the raised version of the Fiesta, ran until 2012, and parts are a direct fit between Fiesta and Fusion.

Luke

Last edited by Luke Plaizier; 07-03-2019 at 02:22 PM.
Luke Plaizier is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 23-03-2019, 02:46 PM   #11
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Going to break this into 3 parts:

(1) Powerfold and Heated side mirrors.
(2) Auto lights and Wipers
(3) Climate Control

Luke
Old 24-03-2019, 01:43 AM   #12
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

I hit enter before finishing that off.

Going to break this into 3 parts:

(1) Powerfold and Heated side mirrors - looks simple the heating element on the mirrors runs oni the same circuit as the back window demister. And the door looms already have both the powerfold and the heated lines in it already. I have yet to check whether the rest of the main body loom does, but so far so good. These can be enabled in the GEM by the IDS, as the GEM triggers the mirrors at startup and shutdown.

(2) Auto lights and Wipers - will be next, as it is just a matter of switch, sensors and overhead loom. The auto lights are driven by the GEM and this one may be trickier to activate. It is not available as a configurable item in the IDS, but it might be available as an option in the As-Built parameter field. This will require me either finding and existing bitwise map for the as built field, or it may share some common bits with the focccus as-built configuration for the MkIII Focus.

(3) Climate Control - so far the looms and the EATC module seem simple enough. But finding a loom with ABS/ESP/Airbags/Foglights AND Climate Control will be hard. As it is RHD specific, it is only the UK where I can look. But the other bit is the HVAC module. It might be simple enough to find the actuators, but I don't know if I'd be missing anything in trying to retrofit them to an standard hvac.

Heated Seats with full leather (rather than the materal/leather seats sold in Oz) are probably off the menu due to shipping. But I'll continue to dream......

Luke
Old 28-03-2019, 08:22 AM   #13
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Minor correction.

There actually IS an Wiper Stalk with the Auto Setting. It is the same as that found on the MKIII Mondeo. It seems to use the same position as the Variable Intermittent wiper setting.

Luke
Old 29-03-2019, 09:44 PM   #14
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

I have a couple of additions to the parts:

(4) Interior Lamp - the WS/WT Fiesta Lamps Fit, Mondeo MkIII, MKIV, CMax etc also fit. There's a heap of them. You get additional MAP lights, some have 'ambient' lights that are always on and illuminate you ever so slightly, and some have sensors in them for the factory car alarm. I don't care much for the alarm sensor, so I'll do all-but.

(5) Reverse Park Sensors - there's a factory 'ParkPilot' system. I'm a sucker for sensors. Every other car I have has them. I need these bastards.

(6) Centre console. Yes, there was one from Ford! There's both a Factory version and an aftermarket version. Both in the $200 range though. but both made by a company called Armster in the UK. Actually, there are cheap as **** versions as well, but as they need to be screwed into the tunnel, I'm not so sure.

(7) Reverse Camera. So, OK, I already have one, and it's only something that works with an aftermarket head unit. But the current one is a bit ****, and what I really want is one that fits into the number plate light and looks factory, rather than one that sits out looking like a tack-on. I might talk more about the aftermarket head unit with the factory radio button integration.

One other thing that I might look at is whether the WS/WT clockspring and steering wheel might just work in a WQ. I once toyed with swapping a Lexus IS250 steering wheel into an IS300 to get a whole lot of additional steering wheel controls - and it worked. If the buttons can be moved to the wheel I'll be well impressed.

Finally, and this is probably a non starter, the XR4 uses the Visteon ESU engine management computer, with the 'S' standing for 'Spanish Oak'. In Australia the ASU ECU was used in the BF Falcon and onwards, including the FG, until they needed more processing power in the FG-X, and it's the same Visteon Spanish Oak ECU. Of note, the BF has Cruise Control, while the XR4 does not. There are a few players in Oz doing their own home custom Falcon flash programs, and I have already hit one of them up as to whether they could work their magic on the XR4.

Lukeyson
Old 30-03-2019, 03:49 PM   #15
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

The LS/LT Focus has a dual-zone climate control module. It looks to fit in the exact same bezel surround as the Fiesta single zone module. The connectors on the back look identical, and I've just done a pin mapping - and all the SZ pins map to the same pins for the DZ. Everything in the DZ module for the LH zone matches the single zone. The additional pins are for the drivers zone. There are some minor differences to watch for - the sunload sensor on the focus goes to two pins. The Blower Motor has a feedback line on the focus. But otherwise there's duplicates for the panel temp sensor for left and right, the foot outlet temp sensor, and for the drivers side air temp.

I'm not incredible hopeful that this would all work. But what I do know is that these modules are in Australia, and I wouldn't have to fork out an extra $100 just to ship it over. Also, all the actuators and motors for the HVAC on the Focus use the same part numbers as that on the Fiesta HVAC. Also, since the HVAC is supposed to be for both LH and RH markets, there SHOULD be locations on both sides of the box for the temp actuator - it would just be a matter of figuring out how to engineer a split-flap arrangement in the box - assuming the Focus split flaps wouldn't just work.

Suddenly sensors, actuators, etc all seem achievable physically. I think the road block is going to happen with the diagnostics side. And I still am having a hard time locating a Dash wiring loom that supports RHD, Manual, Airbags, ESP, Foglights AND Auto Climate Control.

This could all count for nought. But I am having a great time doing the research anyway.

Lukeyson
Old 30-03-2019, 03:59 PM   #16
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Brand New units from Bayfords:

I searched for LS Focus Ghia Heater Control - $90 with postage. And that's new. So I should be able to hit up a wreckers for less.

If anyone knows anyone wrecking a WP or WQ Fiesta - I am after the Heater Box.

If anyone knows anyone wrecking a LS/LT Focus Ghia, I am after a heater control unit, the Heater Box and the dash loom.

I need to do some homework....

Luke
Old 18-04-2019, 03:11 PM   #17
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Still on the lookout for:

(1) Wrecked Fiesta XR4 - but with straight engine bay & rails, and the contents of the dashboard intact and all the Looms, heater box, modules like cluster, gem, airbag, abs and PCM. Don't care for doors, engine, gearbox, rear damage, front clip.

(2) Dash from a 2005-2007 LS Focus Ghia - looms, heater controls, heater box. Don't need cluster or any other modules in the dash.

Luke
Old 09-05-2019, 05:53 PM   #18
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

I just found a page where someone has written up a how-to guide to doing a Climate Control refrofit to a Mondeo.

https://www.fordwiki.co.uk/index.php...ATC_)_Retrofit

Lukeyson
Old 19-05-2019, 07:54 AM   #19
V8falcons
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeh I'd do the climate control conversion if it wasn't too involved
V8falcons is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2019, 01:44 PM   #20
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

I'm certainly keen on giving this a go too. if I have any luck I'll certainly be sharing it.

I have an XR4 wreck at home now that I can try this without breaking the road car. But I'm focusing on the MTX75 just at this moment (5 speed swap), and have the wreck up on the hoist getting the IB5 out. I'll be sharing the specs for fabricating the mounts, the driveshafts and the gear change linkage in the other thread.

I am still on the lookout for Focus LS Dual Zone Climate Controlled heater Box, Dash Controls, the Dash loom and all the temp sensors, so if you are aware of anyone parting out an LS Focus Ghia let me know. Each place I've asked so far says they've tossed that stuff out on previous cars since no-one wants them. One place in SA will sell me the whole dashboard and box as a 'kit' but won't split it, and shipping that bastard is a bit expensive, especially so if I'm just tossing away the dash itself at the end, the bulkiest piece. There are some Ghia's in Sydney that I've yet to try, but going through a wrecker means paying wrecker tax....and having to deal with wreckers ..... last resort stuff.

I have a friend travelling to the UK this September, so I might hold off until then before I order any UK parts for bringing back. I only have the weekends to make progress, and at the moment I am also trying to finish building additions to my shed.

Luke
Old 21-05-2019, 05:56 PM   #21
V8falcons
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeh ok.. the other option is buying a wreck cheap and stripping what you need and sell the rest to recoup your project costs..
V8falcons is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2019, 05:54 PM   #22
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Found one - Dash and Heater Box from 2006 LS Ghia. As luck would have it a local wreckers posted one up as newly available thursday last week although I just saw it late last night.

I've spoken to them today, settled on a price, and I'm planning to pickup on Friday - although it might sit around for a little while till I get to it.

Luke
Old 25-05-2019, 03:48 PM   #23
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Retrieved. I was used to the Falcon/Territory coming away separately from the Heater Box, since the half-shafts for the dual zone climate control on the Falcon/territory is a weak point which has forced me to do 3 dash-outs in the last 15 years. (One of those was for a SZ to DZ conversion though....)

But in the Focus the heater box is part of the dash. I wonder if that's the case with the Fister too?

Luke
Old 03-06-2019, 09:57 PM   #24
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

So, while I have sensors, looms and the controller from the LS Focus Ghia, it is looking increasingly like I won't be able to use the DZ controller itself, but I WILL be able to use a hybrid of the looms and the sensors from focus/fiesta. Some significant differences and challenges include:

(1) Fiesta has one blend door and thus one actuator for the Demist/Panel/Floor discharge. Focus has one actuator for demist, and another motor for Panel/Floor, and a convoluted mechanism of cogs on the side where the panel/floor motor actually drives 2 x flaps.

(2) Fiesta has a 2-pin actuator for the recirculation flap, Focus has a 4 pin actuator. This actuator is actually in the standard AC models, and is changed when you press the Recirc button on the dash. So we should be good to retain the standard actuator IF we use the Fiesta SZ auto controller.

(3) The Blower Fan on std AC units has a multi-resistor module that switches the fan speed. The Fiesta Climate uses a method of PWM control to adjust the fan speed - and requires some kind of feedback. The Focus also appears to use PWM - but the motor appears to be a completely different shape - unless the plastic mounts are somehow interchangeable, and has no feedback. Can I use the Focus motor in a Fiesta? Not sure yet.

While the Focus DZ controller option is not completely dead, I really am going to need a Fiesta Heater Box to play around with this. The thing is, the heater box in the current wreck I have I sort of want to keep there so I can use it as a full test later on - meaning I'd like to avoid dismantling it to play hack-a-boy. So now I need to go off and get a WP/WQ heater box. Good thing is, if the DZ won't work, the SZ can use the same wiring loom. Sweet.

The thing most likely to complete derail me is how the EATC Module goes about telling the PCM that the AC clutch needs to be engaged, and this might be the biggest kicker. On the Fiesta EATC, there is a pin for issuing the AC request. On the Focus, that pin has been re-used for one of the Defrost pins instead. Deep in the Focus LS Manual, it is mentioned that the DZ EATC module sends it's AC request via the CAN bus. That one right here might be the biggest show stopper of all of them for the DZ module in a Fiesta.

Luke
Old 10-06-2019, 10:12 AM   #25
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Just considering/researching whether a CAN emulator/extender might be of use here, if the AC switch is my biggest stumbling block. Something like a CANNY 5.2 or a CANNY 7. The 5.2 might even come in handy if in the future I was considering something like replacing the factory ECU with a Haltech if, perchance, I get as far as adding a Turbo later on, and needed something to simulate CAN messages....

Luke
Old 10-06-2019, 05:35 PM   #26
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Investigation in the Auto Lights/Auto Wipers today.

I took the time to inspect the connector on the passengers B pillar, that joins the body loom to the roof loom on connector C389. It is an 8-pin connector. The normal layout of pins is:

1 - Interior Lamp Battery Saver Supply
2 - Interior Lamp GEM Light supply
3 - Interior Lamp GND
4 - Rain Sensor Power
5 - Intrusion Sensor Power
6 - Intrusion Sensor Signal/Trigger
7 - Rains Sensor Signal
8 - Sensor GND

The roof loom in the XR4 is quite sparse. Only pins 1, 2 and 3 are present. BUT, the body loom has all bar the 2 x Intrusion Sensor lines. Which means I can confirm it already has the Rain Sensor lines in it. I may have said this earlier, but today we have confirmation.

Body loom C839 connector in behind the left A-Pillar cover:

You can just see the pins identified as 1, 4, 5 and 8 on this body-loom connector:

Luke
Old 10-06-2019, 09:20 PM   #27
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Plaizier View Post

So I took a photo to find out what actually is in the car now. And lo, there is already an auto-lights relay in C418 (!) AND there is a 10A fuse in F31. Imagine all those relays and fuses sold in Aus spec XR4's that have NEVER been used!

Lukeyson
Aha, I have a correction from way back.

The WQ Fiesta supports 'Follow me Home' lights. If you quickly turn the headlights on and off again before you leave the car, the headlights will stay on for 30 seconds. This means that the GEM is actually turning the headlights on, and holding them on, and then turn them off when the timer expires. So the GEM can already control the lights, and adding the auto lights functionality is just the next step beyond that.

Luke
Old 18-06-2019, 02:34 PM   #28
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

I have some bits coming my way soon. Giggedy.

From a 2007 LT Focus Cabrio CA5 (which is actually slightly different to the LT Saloon CB4 - different manuals/wiring diagrams) - the Cabrio seems to be the only Aus models with the auto lights/wipers - none of the Ghia sedans seem to have them at all.

(1) Manual Shifter & Cables (For the 2.5 thread - MTX75 swap)
(2) Rain/Light Sensor & Adhesive Bracket/Covers - all the same part numbers as that used in the Fiesta. I was hoping for what passes as the 'roof wiring loom' as well but will likely only get the temp sensor connector.
(3) Map lights - the one's with the Alarm Sensor, the 'Ambient' lights, and separate drivers/passengers map lights. I'll post pics. Won't be able to use the sensor, and the Ambient light may need an extra wire routed to make it work. These are the same as those found in the PX Ford Ranger.
(4) Auto Lights Switch - with Headlight Level dial AND the rheostat for adjusting dash lights. These switches plug straight into the Fiesta Dash AND loom connector - although the wiring is ever so slightly different. By "rheo for dash lights" I mean the night lights in all teh dash switches - the heater dials, the demister buttons, the factory radio, the 'overhead ambient light' etc. In the Fiesta these normally feed direct from the Instrument Cluster I believe, but in the Focus they go via the Rheo to adjust the light level. I will make an attempt on this.
(5) Auto Climate Control Module - yes I know, another one. The LS and LT modules are actually quite different in appearance with the LT one being way cooler looking. The functionality, pinouts and facia/bezel opening profile are pretty close to identical, so I would like to experiment with it.

And from overseas I have ordered some parts from https://shop.euroimpex.lt/ - good prices, an english page, easy payment, reasonable shipping, and a 'cheap' SZ Climate Module - the URL makes it look italian maybe?:

(1) An original Fiesta Single Zone Auto Climate Control module - for the fall-back position should my dual-zone experiments completely fail.
(2) A C-Max map light - that has everything the Focus LT one does bar the Alarm Sensors. Believe me, they look a lot different and this would be the one I'd prefer if it is in good condition.

In the meantime, I've disassembled the LS focus Dash I acquired, and now have a range of temp sensors, actuators, and a loom that needs to be broken down to pull out the climate specific connectors for a range of experiments....

Still on the lookout for a WP/WQ Fiesta heaterbox for standalone testing.

Lukeyson
Old 19-06-2019, 09:45 PM   #29
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Some bits have arrived already.

The Light Switch with auto lights, fog, leveller and interior light rheostat:

The fancy dancy dual zone auto climate control v2:

The Maps Lights that I may not use if the other one is better:

And the itty bitty rain and sunlight sensor for the wipers and auto lights:

Lukeyson
Old 19-06-2019, 09:56 PM   #30
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

This is the Dual Zone EATC v1 from the LS Focus Ghia. Not as sexy, right?

The Single Zone, which I don't have yet, looks a lot like this in style, although the button and screen layout differs. And I can confirm that the v1 and v2 both fit into the exact same bezel from the LS Focus dash that I have here. Very close inspect of the SZ unit though does indicate there are some key differences that might trip me up.

Lukeyson