Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 12-08-2013, 12:01 AM   #151
mrmavx
Molten Orange Maniac

Default Re: Fiesta ST (3-door) is coming! Australian Media Coverage (Links)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadFoot81 View Post
Has anyone placed an order? If so, have you placed it with details of pricing? I sent the salesman we got our Focus through an email, and he said his dealership hasn't locked down pricing with Ford yet.
i have placed a firm order with my dealership yesterday, they recieved the details of their cost etc from ford friday morning and had a quote ready for me friday 5pm as they had already evaluted my trade in earlier in the week, the second dealer i visited on saturday morning also had firm pricing available as well(you allways have to keep your dealer on there toes no matter how sharp they seem to be). i think you need to ask your salesman to check with his manager have they recieved the SA25 internal pricing form from ford as i would be suprised if they havent as it is normally sent via email to all dealers at the same time

regards mrmavx
mrmavx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2013, 12:08 AM   #152
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmavx View Post
i have placed a firm order with my dealership yesterday, they recieved the details of their cost etc from ford friday morning and had a quote ready for me friday 5pm as they had already evaluted my trade in earlier in the week, the second dealer i visited on saturday morning also had firm pricing available as well(you allways have to keep your dealer on there toes no matter how sharp they seem to be). i think you need to ask your salesman to check with his manager have they recieved the SA25 internal pricing form from ford as i would be suprised if they havent as it is normally sent via email to all dealers at the same time

regards mrmavx
Thanks mate I'll give him a call tomorrow. What color did you pick?
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2013, 12:20 AM   #153
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoDuke View Post
Looks like the ST might become P-plate legal in the new year
http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/n...807-2rg9o.html
The Fiesta ST comes in at 115kW/tonne.
There will be certain cars banned like here in Victoria, we've got no limit on 6 cylinder cars but certain cars are banned like 350/370Z.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2013, 12:40 AM   #154
mrmavx
Molten Orange Maniac

Quote:
Thanks mate I'll give him a call tomorrow. What color did you pick?
colour to be decided later, it will be out of molten orange and performance blue(a little more likely to be blue), same price for either and he is pretty sure he has both coming in first delivery i also have a mate who is an engineer at ford hq and he is trying to see if he can get me a look at an orange one before deliverys comence
mrmavx
mrmavx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 14-08-2013, 03:01 PM   #155
Cheese3
The BEST Falcon is the AU

I've seen one in the flesh and I'm so tempted to get one, it looks so fun to drive with the 6 speed manual mated with it.
Cheese3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2013, 08:26 PM   #156
ConST

Quote:
Has anyone placed an order? If so, have you placed it with details of pricing? I sent the salesman we got our Focus through an email, and he said his dealership hasn't locked down pricing with Ford yet.
I've also placed an order on one of the two STs coming in to the dealer. Each dealer is being allocated two cars in the initial batch. I should be getting it this week coming up if Ford is sticking with the Sept. 1st release date. Got the VIN for it already and tracked it to Port Kembla.

I paid $31k all up, including painted black wheels.
ConST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2013, 10:08 AM   #157
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Vehicles due very soon to dealers, can't wait!
Old 26-08-2013, 11:46 AM   #158
XtRmn8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I saw an Orange Fiesta ST in a Perth dealer showroom yesterday.

Was surprised to see it as I did not think they were due until September. The car did not have a sold sticker on it so if anyone wants to know location PM me.
XtRmn8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2013, 12:16 PM   #159
ConST

Hmm. Does anyone know if an official release date has been set for it? I've not received formal confirmation from my dealer yet as to when I will get it.

That said, they have given me the VIN for the car. It's listed as "Delivered From" at Port Kembla. Apart from that, they won't give me a firm date for the delivery.
Old 26-08-2013, 01:36 PM   #160
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

The cars keys wont be handed over to those ordered untill 1st Sep and general public. I have spoken to about 4 dealers as of today and all are expecting 1st car end of week, then second car 1st week Sep. Out of all these four dealers the 1st cars are all sold, one of them is ConST (Blue) the other is a ex XR4 owner (White). Im just awaiting to physically get a look at it and test drve before i sign on the dotted line.
MISTA FIESTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2013, 01:57 PM   #161
ConST

Interesting you say that. My dealer still hasn't given me a firm date on delivery. You say September 1st, but I assume that's when they can hand me over the keys. Not necessarily when they will though right? They could give me the car on, say, the 3rd if they wanted to?

I'm just keen on getting a firm date, but they don't seem to want to give me one!
Old 26-08-2013, 02:22 PM   #162
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Well they are very vague as to not give peoples false hopes, but they were originally saying the car was to arrive there on Wednesday for me to have a looksie (obviously not test drive as its sold ie yours). Dont take my word for it though. But if i get notified of anything ill let you know. Congrats on the purchase though.
Old 26-08-2013, 02:24 PM   #163
ConST

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA View Post
Well they are very vague as to not give peoples false hopes, but they were originally saying the car was to arrive there on Wednesday for me to have a looksie (obviously not test drive as its sold ie yours). Dont take my word for it though. But if i get notified of anything ill let you know. Congrats on the purchase though.
Thanks! I'm itching to get it! Plan on doing some work to it. I'm not going to go absurd as in heading down the big turbo/HPFP roar, as I don't want to make this car into something it wasn't designed to be. But a little extra go is needed. Either go Mountune, or look to see what the local tuners can do assuming the ECU is accessible.
Old 26-08-2013, 02:49 PM   #164
ConST

Update. The dealer just rang me to say the car has been dispatched from Port Kembla. They should have it in the next few days.

I'm having them paint the wheels black though, so I'll have to wait a few more days before I can pick it up!
Old 26-08-2013, 04:32 PM   #165
Pursya

Wrong thread.

Oops.
Pursya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2013, 01:47 AM   #166
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Howdy Peeps,

Some of you know my car history some don’t but to sum it all up and give you hopefully an unbiased review: I have owned every fiesta that has come to Australia and am a sucker for the little party on wheels.

Since the departure of my beloved XR4 which went to car heaven back in 2011, the void has been greatly missed until today where i got up close and personal with a White 2013 Ford Fiesta ST. I have been waiting for this car for quite a while and during this wait have read every review and watched every YouTube clip I can find. All of which have praised this car over its direct competitors. None of which i have driven or plan on driving.

This review is just based on actually touching, feeling, sitting in the car as a test drive wasn’t an option at this time due to it already being sold. Test drive should happen within the next week which i will review at a later date.
Thoughts/Concerns/Observations.

Interior-

- Cloth Recaros only option
Ok, so I really did assume that Australia would be getting the Partial Leather seats as standard. To me this was a major selling point. The cloth seats feel absolutely wonderful and really held me in comfortably. Didn’t feel too harsh on the bum or back as compared to the Focus ST which some have noted a bit too firm. I weigh about 85kg - 5foot 10 in height and had not dramas. These are comparable in looks to the Focus ST. The quality looked pretty good and not at all cheap.

- Dash/Intruments/Plastics
What i noticed and loved was a lot of black bits like leather trim on door cards, leather steering wheel (This felt amazing and chunky), and leather gear gaiter and handbrake. Roof lining and pillars all black. The dash is of the spongy kind and not the hard plastics like Thai built WT fiesta. Instrument cluster was nice and big, well positioned whatever way the seat is positioned (High or Low). It has all the usual Fiesta trimming I know and love exactly where they all should be, ie USB, AUX in center console. The Center console storage/arm rest is a new addition to the fiesta which works and looks perfect. Storage you could probably fit a few coke cans. Nice and deep. Roof lining accommodates two light fixtures something also new. Single zone climate Control standard also a nice addition. I would have preferred the larger 6.5inch screen (Option in USA) as i think the 4~inch looks a bit too small, but at the same time will do its job.

- Gear stick/Pedals/Steering Wheel/Interior Options
The gear throw travel is divine to say the least. Very short throws you could probably just shift with your pinkie finger... it’s that smooth and precise. Pedals are the standard Aluminium ones which brings some contrast to the all black interior I think. Steering wheel feels awesome. Nice and chunky, sporty feeling. Cruise Control standard also a plus. The carpet mats come standard with the car, though the dealer i went to stated otherwise until they were found in the boot.

To sum up the interior, it really is a nice place to be in. The colours, layout, technology all work in harmony to pull off the perfect package. Everything I know and love about the Fiesta is there. It makes me feel at home. Yes the leather seats would have been the cherry on top, but it’s not something that I classify as a deal breaker.

Exterior-

- Wheels
I will be honest in photos; i thought they look out of place and did nothing for me. In the flesh they grew on me in a matter of minutes. Would i replace them with anything else.... HELL YES. Rims were wrapped in Bridgestone RE050A 205/40/17. Another option we didn’t get was the Sport pack (Grey rims, red callipers). This would have been perfect for those who CBF looking for other rims, but useless for the majority of people who go the aftermarket route. The wheels didn’t protrude/fill the guards as much as the 0ld XR4, but nothing some spacers and fatter tyres can’t fix.

- Body
The car i viewed was a bit dirty with mud splatter and red dust, The white didn’t really stand out as much as i would have liked, but you could tell straight away it means business. The front bumper mesh grille is the perfect size, not too big and works well with the contours of the front end stance. Though this grill is in piano black, the rest (Fog light surrounds, lower grille) is just a plan matte black, One of the first things i would do is get them in piano black. It just looks a bit odd. Same rear spoiler as Zetec along with chunky side skirts and rear diffuser complete the sporty package.

- Suspension
Noticed the usual large arch to tyre gap, but nothing some lowering springs or coilovers can’t handle. Stock setup didn’t look too bad though.

- Engine/Exhaust noise.
Start-up sounded just like any normal fiesta to be honest, but did have a nice note when the loud pedal was pressed in. I can see myself putting in an aftermarket replacement for those snaps, crackles, pops and bangs.

To sum up the exterior, Some may say "oh it just looks like a standard base model fiesta" and some parts they are not wrong, but other parts it distances itself as a superior being. Bigger wheels, big mouth grille, more aggressive front end (i quite liked the new lines on the bonnet). The whole car has beautiful lines at any angle you look at. The wheel arches could use a few more centimetres in width to really add to that sporty look.

There is obviously a few other areas which I haven’t mentioned i.e. engine bay, boot, rear seating, but all was good as expected with no concerns from me. The engine bay is cramp like all fiestas are, boot has generous space - nothing out of the ordinary. Houses a 16inch Space Saver so no tyre gooo = YAY. Rear seating was quite generous, with sufficient leg room (I’m about 5foot 10).

To sum this all up, my benchmark for comparison was my XR4. Though it was quite outdated when released in Australia back in 2007, it ticked every box and was exactly what I wanted in a warm hatch. The most important was Fun factor. Till this day nothing I have driven has compared in the same segment. It always put a smile on my face and was a joy to drive.
Off my first impressions of the ST, It has everything i could want in a hot hatch and is in high regard through the media. It does reminds me a lot of the XR4, but i just didn’t feel that WOW factor as much as i did when i first laid eyes on an XR4.

Taking the ST for a test drive will either seal the deal or not, but i seriously wouldn’t want to be in any other badge besides a ford or besides a fiesta. I really hope it brings to the table, the same or even more character compared to the XR4.

Until next time, i suggest anyone who is thinking or interested in the Fez ST, see it for yourself and make your own judgements.

Thanks for reading.

Cheers

Damo
Old 28-08-2013, 08:20 AM   #167
NanoDuke
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can you shoot me a pm of where you saw this one? None of the Sydney dealers I've been in contact with have called me back yet.
NanoDuke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2013, 08:35 AM   #168
ConST

What a great write up! Thanks for this.

What I'm excited about are your comments on the gears hit. I'd say 95% of the reasons I bought this car is that and that alone. Not having driven one I was worried how it would feel, shift, etc. I based my opinion on what I felt in the Focus ST. You've made me feel a bit relieved haha.

No sense in buying something like this unless the gearshift is rewarding. A reason why I won't consider the Clio. Also why I won't go with the 208 gti. One of worst gearboxes I've ever used.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk 2
Old 28-08-2013, 11:58 AM   #169
hedgehobb

Space saver tyre is good. If it was just a can of goop then no go. Aust is too big to travel around relying on a can to save your ***. At least with a space saver you can limp to the nearest town.
hedgehobb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2013, 12:22 PM   #170
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just drove ours.

Best. Ford. Ever

Ok so I've owned the last of the manual Polo GTI's, it was a 1.8L turbo with an APR flash tune, great car.

What did I think of the Fiesta ST?

I first jumped in, sat in the seats and thought pretty much this looks like a normal fiesta, the seats are similar fit to the Focus ST, quite tight. But they are like that for a reason. The wheel is nice and chunky. I was wondering, is this too small for me?

Put it in first, great box, short and easy to change. Very nice.

Take off. Brilliant exhaust note, everyone is going to love it. Power is awesome from the 1.6 turbo, what's this? A small but quite noticable dose from the turbo, it makes me smile. Power doesn't stop, it wants you to spank it.

Here comes a corner, this thing is on rails, seriously. I seek more corners.

Time to take it back. I am sad.

Verdict. One of the best Ford's I've ever driven in my 11 years working for them. Was it too small? I don't care its too damn good.

9/10
4 users like this post:
Old 28-08-2013, 01:17 PM   #171
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

barra240t, after reading your post I'M TOTALLY PUMPED for this car!!

I've just wrapped up the incidentals with the dealership and (barring unforeseen circumstances) will be picking up my brand new Molten Orange Fiesta ST on Saturday morning!!

It's been a long wait, but after three or so years of trawling the net for rumours, artist's impressions, teaser sketches, spy shots of mules, official photos, and youtube videos, the day is almost here!!

Here's a pic of the little beast...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ST_molten orange.jpg (58.3 KB, 86 views)

Last edited by LeadFoot81; 28-08-2013 at 01:28 PM.
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 28-08-2013, 01:39 PM   #172
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
barra240t, after reading your post I'M TOTALLY PUMPED for this car!!

I've just wrapped up the incidentals with the dealership and (barring unforeseen circumstances) will be picking up my brand new Molten Orange Fiesta ST on Saturday morning!!

It's been a long wait, but after three or so years of trawling the net for rumours, artist's impressions, teaser sketches, spy shots of mules, official photos, and youtube videos, the day is almost here!!

Here's a pic of the little beast...

You have many fun driving times ahead my friend. It will be one of those cars you will get excited about actually having to drive to the shops or somewhere which you didn't really care about before. The wait will be worth it, enjoy!
Old 28-08-2013, 01:54 PM   #173
NanoDuke
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So jelly of you all.
I went to the following dealerships today and not a fez in sight:

Peter Warren Liverpool
Dominelli Kirrawee
City Ford Rockdale
:(

I've got a feeling they're all going to be bought up before I get to test drive.
Old 28-08-2013, 02:53 PM   #174
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hopefully dealers can demo some, we are today.
Old 28-08-2013, 04:11 PM   #175
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

I visited MacArthurs in Campbelltown but they are not getting any until two more weeks.

After reading your post Barra240T it has got me all excited and exactly what i wanted to hear. Can not wait to test drive...

Is there anything you thought was a bit negative as a whole package? Just wanting to get someone else opinion and see if it on par with mine.

Last edited by MISTA FIESTA; 28-08-2013 at 04:24 PM.
Old 28-08-2013, 04:45 PM   #176
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Drive.com.au review now has got me even more excited.

http://news.drive.com.au/drive/motor...828-2sptx.html
Old 28-08-2013, 05:16 PM   #177
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA View Post
I visited MacArthurs in Campbelltown but they are not getting any until two more weeks.

After reading your post Barra240T it has got me all excited and exactly what i wanted to hear. Can not wait to test drive...

Is there anything you thought was a bit negative as a whole package? Just wanting to get someone else opinion and see if it on par with mine.
Hey,

Negatives, look if I had to be picky the finish of the dash is a little bland but nothing to be concerned about really. Some people won't like the 3 door (like my old Polo) you have to reach for the selt belt but seriously, who cares.

Nothing is perfect though, either are the cars double or triple the ST's price.

Positives (some)

Stance
Wheel size filling the guards
Body kit
Dual exhaust outlet
Exhaust note
Power/Torque
Dose
Steering
Grip
ESC button on/off
Seats
Sync
Sony premium sound
Very minimal torque steer
Cruise control (finally re XR4)
Ambient lighting (have this in my Focus S looks cool at night)
Auto headlights/raining sensing wipers
LED running lamps
5 star ANCAP
Alarm
Ford power button
Smart key
PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE

I can go on but do I need to? If these things tick your boxes there is no other car currently that will match it in my opinion.
4 users like this post:
Old 28-08-2013, 05:22 PM   #178
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm going to go out early and say it will be car of the year in mags etc too
Old 28-08-2013, 05:27 PM   #179
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Everything about this car (Sans the test drive) is exactly what i have been waiting for. If you say to me just picture it as an updated/modern XR4 with 33% more powers and 100nm torques and will keep my giggling like a 16yo school girl then i know it needs to be mine.
Old 28-08-2013, 05:40 PM   #180
NanoDuke
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Negative (although moot if you're coming from an XR4 or other "euro" car):

INDICATORS ON THE LEFT HAND STALK :(