Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 06-02-2005, 11:31 AM   #61
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

These are the cars in question....amazingly enough pictured together again.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.

Last edited by Casper; 06-02-2005 at 09:34 PM.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2005, 12:07 PM   #62
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge

FPVGT is no longer a member of these forums now is he welcome to any events organised by the forums.
Bloody idiots!
Laminge, are you saying FPVGT is welcome to forum events ?
He told me he recieved an email saying he was removed from the Heathcote day list.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2005, 12:09 PM   #63
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
Laminge, are you saying FPVGT is welcome to forum events ?
He told me he recieved an email saying he was removed from the Heathcote day list.
No, he is not welcome at AFF events.
Now, as part of AFF, I have discussed it with the admins and he is no longer going to be eligable to enter aufalcon.com events either.

Old 06-02-2005, 12:14 PM   #64
Mr. CVE
If it aint Blown it Sucks

I'm glad you all had a great day, was a pity about the printer, but that's Murphy's law stepping in !!
I was more prepared to dyno cars yesterday, than to play with the printer , so I apologise if I was not that concerned that you didn't walk away with your printout !!

Don't worry you will get it though.

Also thanks to Motomk for chasing up stuff for us, was greatly appreciated, even if I didn't show it. sorry

I was a bit concerned when about midday my voice started going !! a bit of coke fixed that !!

As far as i saw most people were very well behaved and I was proud to say this is an event I organised and went very smoothly.

Thank you to all ford forum.au members who assisted and participated and made the day the success it was.

The E Series v8 clash was worth it !!
just goes to show the power of the series 2 !!

If you have any suggestions or critisisms, ( be polite !!) you are more than welcome to pm me with them. At the end of the day I run these for the members so it has to be what the members want.
320 rwkw, 810 nm torque, 280rwkw @3000 rpm !! :thebirds:
Now for sale
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11296772

Thanks to Snort Performance, Headsex and CVE
Street car DeTomaso Pantera
Drag car 1995 Mustang, Haleys Comet ( It's back !)
Power by CVE
Melbourne's first SNIPER Tuner :
Now tuning E series
Mr. CVE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2005, 12:19 PM   #65
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Good idea to clean the hoons up guys.We are all out to have fun and not be irresponsible.
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2005, 12:28 PM   #66
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
No, he is not welcome at AFF events.
Now, as part of AFF, I have discussed it with the admins and he is no longer going to be eligable to enter aufalcon.com events either.
This vehicle in question. Is it the vey low AU that kept doing burnouts out the front?
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2005, 12:34 PM   #67
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
This vehicle in question. Is it the vey low AU that kept doing burnouts out the front?
yes, the black AU with the aftermarket taillights.

Old 06-02-2005, 12:37 PM   #68
Firefox7
T3 Terrorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYTE8
Damm shane you beat me to it..
199.8rwkw not bad for a stock auto

Not bad at all mate. For an auto thats a good result. I think it's time for the hurricane exhaust and a CAI. That should bump those figures up. Btw...the CAI setup is in the technical section if you want to have a look.:

Cheers
Fastest Lap time At wakefield park on Dunlop Sp9000's : 1:14:30, Came 2nd in outright driver, in the overall V8 result, 2006 N.S.W dutton rally :1syellow1

:king: T3 :king: The Mightiest & Deadliest Tickford Ever To Hit The Road........
Firefox7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2005, 01:16 PM   #69
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
post deleted
I have only recently become friends with FPVGT, i find him a friendly person who has a extensive knowledge about Fords, he is willing to share information about his cars and help others, and i will miss his input here. :

Now someone has their wires crossed about yesterday at Hallam Performance, FPVGT had nothing to do with the hooning, he was driving the red GT, the car in question is a Black AU XR8.
Nick.

Last edited by Laminge; 07-02-2005 at 09:44 PM.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2005, 01:25 PM   #70
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
Now someone has their wires crossed about yesterday at Hallam Performance, FPVGT had nothing to do with the hooning, he was driving the red GT, the car in question is a Black AU XR8.
Nick.
No, Alex was never accused of any hooning at the dyno day at all. That happened at a previous event. Only issue I have is that he is no longer a member of AFF and therefore not eligable to enter events like yeaterday.

The dyno day hooning issue is unrelated and was directed at a totally different person. If you re read the post on it there is no mention of FPVGT at all.

Old 06-02-2005, 01:26 PM   #71
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Nick we where talking about the Tsunami Appeal Cruise

the 30 day ban on his account stands, and from his emails this morning so does the one on AFF, its upto him how he wants to handle it further!
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2005, 01:27 PM   #72
Mr. CVE

On the vid in pearly's web site there is a black au xr8 at the end, I think this is the one in question ??
Now for sale

Power by CVE
Now tuning E series
Old 06-02-2005, 01:42 PM   #73
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
meh, dyno numbers are for fun. Only time they mean something is a before and after on the same dyno, same day, new mod.
Was a great day but I'll leave it to the 1/4 mile to do the real mod tests.
Agreed to a point. rwkw might not mean much to those that run their car's down ¼ mile and rely on ¼ mile times but to those that don't run ie: me, those rwkw figures are rely'd on and not just 'for fun'.

I rely on those figures only because I don't run my car ¼ mile but I'll have to run it ¼ mile to see how good she really is. I guess then if I'm pulling good times or close to it, I too might not care much about dyno figures.

Do I hear the Heathcote entry list calling my name? :Up_to_som
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2005, 01:44 PM   #74
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU_Fairmont -S-
Do I hear the Heathcote entry list calling my name? :Up_to_som
Yes, you do.

And as an example, look at Cobras v's Davocols cars. Davocols has far more power on the dyno but Cobra's has a good .4 seconds lead on the 1/4 mile.

Dyno numbers dont always tell the real world performance story.

Old 06-02-2005, 01:51 PM   #75
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Quote:
Yes, you do.

And as an example, look at Cobras v's Davocols cars. Davocols has far more power on the dyno but Cobra's has a good .4 seconds lead on the 1/4 mile.

This is why the amounts of power at each speed is more important than terminal power.A car with bigger figures doesnt always have bigger average of power .
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2005, 01:51 PM   #76
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Well, we had the dyno day today and everyone involved was very well behaved.

After some though I have decided to post up what I saw as the only problem of the day. Someone named FTRWPN turned up, spoke to neither the organizers of the AU or E Series dyno day, revved his car then proceeded to do a sideways burnout down the entire length of the cars parked on either side of the road.

We had, for weeks, been reminding people that this is not going to be tolerated and, for all those involved, they were on the very best behavior. Its idiots like FTRWPN who, while having nothing to do with the event, turn up and pull stupid stunts like this that give us all a bad name. In front of 5 mods no less (Me, BlueAU, mincer, Thanatos and EFFalcon).

Now I have looked and he is not a member of this forum therefore the only way he could have known about the dyno day was to be told by a member (non members could not access the site to see the details off the dyno day). The only person who was seen near FTRWPN was FPRWPN (a coincidence? I don’t think so). This person IS a member of this site and was NOT part of either dyno group. Although he himself did nothing wrong and cant be blamed for the incident I am hugely disappointed in the fact that people feel the need to turn up to a structured and peaceful event and “hoon it up” just to get attention.

I will say that FTRWPN certainly did get the mods attention….but it’s not the the sort you want. Your car has been noted and, for future events of aufalcon.com, if you are there, you WILL be asked to leave.

Aufalcon.com has a clean record and a policy of no tolerance for hooning on events on public roads….. that is in stone and ANYONE who breaks this will be told to leave.
I'd like to know what his point was? Ok so we know his car goes a little sideways, well so does mine - so the point of his demonstration was what?

Sorry but I have to add. It was disrespectful to us - our mods - our members - OUR CLUB!!
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST

Last edited by FRDGAL; 06-02-2005 at 01:53 PM.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:53 PM   #77
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
I'd like to know what his point was? Ok so we know his car goes a little sideways, well so does mine - so the point of his demonstration was what?
tool factor, no more.

He was more than welcome to put it on the dyno if he asked.

Old 06-02-2005, 01:57 PM   #78
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:

Sorry but I have to add. It was disrespectful to us - our mods - our members - OUR CLUB!!
Sideways - So do rooted Datsun 180B's on retread tyres!
All it proves is a total lack of respect for others, and proves that Police are quite in their rights giving anyone doing this shit a holiday from driving.
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2005, 02:02 PM   #79
Mr. CVE

ah ah the old dyno figures versus the 1/4 mile times !!
what the dyno will tell you is how much power the engine is making 'at the tyres' ( through various drivetrain losses)
what the 1/4 mile time usually tells you is how much power it is transferring to the ground and how good your car is setup.
Take LTDHO's car for example 341 rw kw. Huge figure but on the 1/4 mile it will end in wheel spin. unless he goes brass clutch,slicks etc. he would prob only cut a low 12 or high 11. which doesn't show the true potential of the car. if he went slicks etc it may run mid 11's.
what the dyno shows is where you make the power and where your weak link is in the engine and tune. it doesn't account for suspension setup or wheel spin. This is why my Group A does not do 1/4 mile but the Capri does.
Now for sale

Power by CVE
Now tuning E series
Old 06-02-2005, 02:08 PM   #80
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

The dyno has its uses for sure. Most important to me is the A/F ratio and spotting any nasty dips in the curve...always a source of knowledge for finding that nagging issue in a car.

In the end though my opinion is its a road car (mine is anyhow) and although power is needed and wanted, it has to all work together to get it too the road. To do this it needs the whole car to work right.
Without a dyno I couldnt do this as it is the tool to get the power right....but it is only one tool for me. I'm actully pretty happy with my dyno results yesterday. I think my car has some work to do and I know what that is now but the A/F was perfect and the curve was straight and strong. Something only a dyno could show me for sure. But for me, the 1/4 is the biggest test.

Old 06-02-2005, 02:16 PM   #81
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That's why Motomk's SV8 runs low 13s are cars with much more Rwkw ... don't !
It's all good fun and entertainment this dyno stuff .. unless it's for tuning.
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2005, 02:32 PM   #82
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Yes, you do.

This is why I'm thinking that it's best I get it down the mile rather than rely on the dyno figures which is what I've been doing. You have to allow me to sook a little - I have emotions damm it :P

When's the next one? October was it? Will it be combined again?
Old 06-02-2005, 02:38 PM   #83
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
This is why I'm thinking that it's best I get it down the mile rather than rely on the dyno figures which is what I've been doing. You have to allow me to sook a little - I have emotions damm it :P

When's the next one? October was it? Will it be combined again?
Just sign up for the April 9th one Krissy. Its going to be great fun and will give you a bit more real world info on the car.

Old 06-02-2005, 02:52 PM   #84
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
... it is amusing when all the V8 guys are happy to beat my HAD on the dyno...so you should too : Now for the track, thats a different story.
Casper, when your car is second from the bottom of the list of V8s, the ONLY realistic target is to make sure you are in front of as many HADs as possible. As for 1/4 mile - I will be getting a 0-400m time ASAP. That may be a while away yet, as there is no drag strip in Canberra. I still want to do WSID in march.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT

Last edited by JC; 06-02-2005 at 03:10 PM.
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2005, 03:05 PM   #85
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
The mile? What do you need the othe 3/4 mile for?
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2005, 03:07 PM   #86
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
The mile? What do you need the othe 3/4 mile for?
stopping!! :

Old 06-02-2005, 03:31 PM   #87
CSV_LS1
I used to have a nice car

Quote:
and not parked on the freeway?
Yeah had to stop a few times. A vacum hose has come loose and the car was not very nice to drive, still haven't found where it goes : And took a few power naps as i was falling asleep on the freeway sleep:
CSV_LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2005, 04:16 PM   #88
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It was a good day. I was quite happy with 113 kw, with only cat-back exhaust & minor intake mods. I definately need to get it tuned, which I'll do before Heathcote, along with new plugs and leads & maybe a new diff.

Some seriously nice cars.

There was no need for stupid shit, also one slip up, and 4 cars (worth a lot of money) coulda been rootad.

Here is a picture of the one, and his red friend, which didn't do any hooning but was with him.

http://www.aufalcon.com/forsale/benny1.JPG
Old 06-02-2005, 05:08 PM   #89
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
stopping!! :
Listen here you two
Old 06-02-2005, 06:32 PM   #90
EFFalcon
Last warning

i got loads of pics...
was a shame to see pretty much all the AU guys left before the eseries guys got on the dyno, but i'm sure you all had good excuses ;)

www.deleted link/pics/cruises/dynoday2/

There is pics of the said hoon car also :P
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post