Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 18-06-2006, 03:01 PM   #211
XR666T

DAMN! Sounds like I missed out on a great day... now I'm spewin' that I went on the E-Series cruise instead coming to this :(
XR666T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2006, 03:25 PM   #212
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hit triple figures YAY!!! Go the 4x4 EL!!! 104.5rwkw, pretty impressed, not bad for a stocky... now for some modifications??? hahaha
Melz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2006, 04:26 PM   #213
RspecAU
BA GT-P Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melz
I hit triple figures YAY!!! Go the 4x4 EL!!! 104.5rwkw, pretty impressed, not bad for a stocky... now for some modifications??? hahaha
Can here the G&D ghosts too....u need a cammmmm and a flaaaaash tuuuune
ON MAXXIS MAV1's 275/45/17 13.27 @ 106mph
RspecAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2006, 05:31 PM   #214
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RspecAU
Nah old school mate ..I think she would need a 2v head & set of triples for her xb first.... lol

:eclipsee_ . : :Reverend:

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2006, 05:42 PM   #215
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
Sounds like a great day!

Casper, tell me more about the BBQ in Feb! I won't tell anyone, honest! :hihi:

GK
No secret. After the success of the 1st AU BBQ day we are going to be holding it annually. Next time will be in Feb 2007

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2006, 06:08 PM   #216
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

Hey Guys ,

Thanks to Everyone who Helped make it a Good Day , and Thanks for G&D for the Use of the Facilitys,

Cheers to Tracey , Whoosh and Spoolman for the Awesome Bout of Food Poisoning , Lol just kidding , best Hamburgers Ive had in a While !!!

It Was good to Meet All of you Finally and Yeah me and my 104.8kW Beast will be waiting to see you again soon !!!

After the Airbox and Exhaust that is ....

Cheers
Daniel - Superfreak

AU2PWR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2006, 06:31 PM   #217
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

I can't believe no one wants the HQ versions of their video clips!!

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2006, 06:32 PM   #218
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw
I can't believe no one wants the HQ versions of their video clips!!

Cheers
Russ
I do.. of the au's anyhow thanks Russ.

Old 18-06-2006, 07:01 PM   #219
Kev_BLNXR8_Ute
Hmm Project XW VAN !!!!

Well done G&D. As always a great day

It was a top day as all have said....

Casper, You forgot Joel the new fella at G&D. Tall skiny fella.
Also, as for using the Whoosh BBQ for the AU day that would depend where I would have to park the BA BBQ transport veichle.

Thanks to everyone who turned up and made the day what is was.

I met and chatted to lots of new people and also had a chat with others I already new.

Well done on the vid's Russ.

Kev..........

Yella Terra Supercharged

Power Output?
ENOUGH TO BREAK EVERY THING MORE TIMES THAN I CARE TO COUNT

POWERED BY VISA MASTERCARD AND MORE VISA
(And now a mortgage extension)

Disclaimer :

: Anything that seems or sounds illegal is all in my head and due to an over active imagination... :

Last edited by Kev_BLNXR8_Ute; 18-06-2006 at 07:13 PM.
Kev_BLNXR8_Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2006, 10:54 AM   #220
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RspecAU
hahaha, after my efforts on Saturday i was wondering if my EL was the first pig to ever be put on a dyno, it certainly squealed like one!!!! I might look into a tune for the car, but i haven't done much research into it, so wouldn't know where to go!!!

Thanks to the guys at G&D, the organisers of the day and everyone involved
Melz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2006, 01:35 PM   #221
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Would be good to see some photos from the event , Simon (OZFORD) was running around snapping pictures left / right and centre all day, any pics posted yet mate ?

Nice to see a few people went out of their way to make me feel welcome , I managed to put a few faces to names on here , ty . All up i had a great afternoon and it for sure was something not to be missed . Glad I managed to make it , even if it was only for 2.5 hrs ;) .

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2006, 03:52 PM   #222
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Oh Casper , i managed to see you car in person at last (allthough i didn't happen to run into you i think)... I must say - thats a fine piece / very nice example of a series 1 xr ;) , i liked it alot ! .

Old 19-06-2006, 05:51 PM   #223
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
No secret. After the success of the 1st AU BBQ day we are going to be holding it annually. Next time will be in Feb 2007
What are the thoughts on the location? Did I read something about Hanging Rock a while ago?

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2006, 08:48 PM   #224
OZFORDAU
Banned

Talking Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6-VCT-2000
Would be good to see some photos from the event , Simon (OZFORD) was running around snapping pictures left / right and centre all day, any pics posted yet mate ?

Nice to see a few people went out of their way to make me feel welcome , I managed to put a few faces to names on here , ty . All up i had a great afternoon and it for sure was something not to be missed . Glad I managed to make it , even if it was only for 2.5 hrs ;) .
I don't know how to use photobucket.....

It was great to finally meet u Rick after all of those posts i've been reading! You've been very helpfull and ur very knowledgeable! Your XR6 is a good clean example of a series 2!

Cheers

Simon :
OZFORDAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2006, 11:26 PM   #225
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Thanks Simon , it was great to finally meet you at last too . Thanks (mainly you) for making me feel very welcome , cheers .
And my o my , i must say the same about your forte , it no longer looks like a forte !, or sounds like 1 either ! , mate that car is coming along nice , stick to it ;) , i love those wheels too and the sound of ya exhaust , nice ;) . Gotta get me some of those blue fluro's for under my seats too ..lol ... And 96.3 rwkw on the dyno wasn't bad at all for a gas/fuel system ( non straight gas ) , nb at all for gas with just the exhaust mod . ..Xr frontend on that now and it would look like a XR , ya that close ..lol ;) .. cheers.

I'll be able to help you out with some of those electrical mods you wanna do, real soon ;) .

As with photobucket ,you have to create a FREE account , upload your pictures , edit your photobucket account to allow anyone to view the pics without a password (only need to do this once ), then post the links or images from your photobucket account .

Old 20-06-2006, 02:05 PM   #226
XRchic
Hello

Hi guys

We were really glad we made it over, although quite late. We were really keen to meet Glenn and co to see what we are going to do with our car. It was also great to catch up with a few, such as Mark, Kev, Woosha, Casper and it was also really good to finally meet Krissy! And also to chat a little to Russ, who we dont see very often.

Sorry also that we were too late in getting there, to see Jeff, Nicole and Melz - but we did catch up later in the day at least!

There were some awesome cars there too, looked like a great day and Im sorry we were late getting there.

Had a really good chat to Glenn and things are looking really good with regard to work to be done on my car! Cant wait!

Thanks also to my daughter, Caitlin, who helped by babysitting Toby while Eamon and myself were checking everything out and chatting to people.

Here are some pics I took, just as attachments. Sorry I didnt have more pics, I just didnt have time to take pics of everyone's cars!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg G&D.JPG (77.9 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg Krissy's Fairmont.JPG (63.9 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg Caspermobile.JPG (77.0 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg Line of Cars.JPG (57.2 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg More Cars.JPG (88.8 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg Typhoon.JPG (53.4 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg Typhoon 2.JPG (73.9 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg Dyno.JPG (43.7 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg Caitlin and Toby.JPG (73.7 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg Cobra.jpg (65.4 KB, 50 views)

: Cobra :

Last edited by SpoolMan; 20-06-2006 at 06:52 PM. Reason: requested by poster
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2006, 02:35 PM   #227
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Was nice to meet you XRchic / you baby was little ripper dressed in that Ford gear ..lol , start'em young ;) . Very nice car you have too.

Woo hoo , im a star ! , you got the back of my head in one of those photos, me watching the dyno on the bigscreen (in the blue jacket) ..lol

Old 20-06-2006, 03:43 PM   #228
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRchic
Hi guys

We were really glad we made it over, although quite late. We were really keen to meet Glenn and co to see what we are going to do with our car. It was also great to catch up with a few, such as Mark, Kev, Woosha, Casper and it was also really good to finally meet Krissy! And also to chat a little to Russ, who we dont see very often.

Sorry also that we were too late in getting there, to see Jeff, Nicole and Melz - but we did catch up later in the day at least!

There were some awesome cars there too, looked like a great day and Im sorry we were late getting there.

Had a really good chat to Glenn and things are looking really good with regard to work to be done on my car! Cant wait!

Thanks also to my daughter, Caitlin, who helped by babysitting Toby while Eamon and myself were checking everything out and chatting to people.

Here are some pics I took, just as attachments. Sorry I didnt have more pics, I just didnt have time to take pics of everyone's cars!
Who's is that mighty fine looking silver AU fairmont there :sm_drool: Oh yer, that'd be mine

Nice pictures except one - arrgghhhhh it's feral!! :

It was great to finally meet you Jac. Apparently I've already met Eamon so I'll say it was nice to see him again, even though I don't really remember meeting him before LOL and Toby, OMG he is absolutely gorgeous!! We will have to get together the next time you're down this way.

XR6-VCT-2000 - I cannot believe you missed me. Unreal!! :(

Krissy
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2006, 06:29 PM   #229
Brute6
Lurvin' my Ute!!!

Hi Guys,

On behalf of the FPV + XR owners Club of Vic, Just a quick note to say a big thank you to all the AU Falcon guys and gals that helped make the day what it was. The BBQ was great, and along with the guys at G + D, the day was a roaring success, and well organised!! :

So thank you for your efforts!!!

HERS: SZ Territory TS, Havana

Proud Member "FPV & XR Owners Club of Vic"

Brute6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2006, 06:35 PM   #230
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brute6
Hi Guys,

On behalf of the FPV + XR owners Club of Vic, Just a quick note to say a big thank you to all the AU Falcon guys and gals that helped make the day what it was. The BBQ was great, and along with the guys at G + D, the day was a roaring success, and well organised!! :

Right back at you. If it wasnt for the FPV + XR owners Club of Vic allowing us to tag on we wouldnt have the numbers to have this sort of day. We appreciate being invited along to join in and the standard of cars there was exceptional. A fantastic day for sure!

Old 22-06-2006, 06:35 PM   #231
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Hi Brute6, there are a lot of video's of your clubs cars on the dyno.
can be viewed here, courtesy of Russ.
your ute is there, good numbers.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/photos/...y.php?cat=1382

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2006, 06:55 PM   #232
Brute6
Lurvin' my Ute!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
Hi Brute6, there are a lot of video's of your clubs cars on the dyno.
can be viewed here, courtesy of Russ.
your ute is there, good numbers.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/photos/...y.php?cat=1382
In regard to those vids Spoolman, I've viewed the video of my car, but how do I actually download the vid? Right clicking on the video icon only enables a html download?

For a stockie BF, the numbers were quite impressive! The only thing I've done to it, is put a second air intake into the airbox. Cost me all of $4.50!!!!

HERS: SZ Territory TS, Havana

Proud Member "FPV & XR Owners Club of Vic"

Brute6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2006, 06:58 PM   #233
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
In regard to those vids Spoolman, I've viewed the video of my car, but how do I actually download the vid? Right clicking on the video icon only enables a html download?

For a stockie BF, the numbers were quite impressive! The only thing I've done to it, is put a second air intake into the airbox. Cost me all of $4.50!!!!
Send a PM to Russellw, ask him nicely i am sure he will email you the clip of your car.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2006, 12:40 AM   #234
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Damm, forgot all about it until Marky reminded me, was supposed to bring the ute but been busy on the tow truck gettin it just the way I want, that plus haven't been on here much of late.

Oh well sounds like a great time was had by all, maybe now that I got things pretty much how I want them I might remember the next one lol.
XRQTR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post