Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-07-2022, 01:58 AM   #1
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default VicRoads Rego Renewals - no more letter?

Good morning ladies, gentlemen and unicorns.

Noticed that since I registered for that VicRoads online system that now I no longer get letters in the mail telling my registration is due to pay.

I think this is a bit disappointing, I quite like the paper trail to include with all the other reciepts for my cars and they all stay in the glovebox, the reciept they give you when you pay online doesn't look anywhere near as nice as the printed one they sent out with your rego renewal if you're not on this online system.

It seems there is no option to continue getting letters for rego renewal, this was not explained once you signed up.

You used to get the letter in the mail then pay online.

Now you get an email which says a month out that your rego is due and thats it.

I like the convenience of the online system because I can log in and see my ****box fleet all in one place with their renewal dates and prices, but want the nice looking letter as well, its always a nice thing to have when you move a car on the second hand market (or buy one) and there's a couple of rego renewals in there with service reciepts.

This was how I lost my refrigeration handling licence as they were one of the first government departments that went paperless like 5+ years ago, without telling me, they kept emailing an old email address I no longer used that I did when I was a wee apprentice for the trainee licence at the time, and thus my licence expired and I can't be bothered jumping through hoops to get it again

Seems like a bit of a trap to be driving around a car with an expired rego without the snail mail paper trail anymore - its not like rego is any cheaper saving them costs on sending out letters anymore.

At least make the reciept look the same for the aesthetics, the rego renewal reciept looks like it was made in 1995, its just plain text so it doesn't look like the others with my records.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 01-07-2022 at 02:04 AM.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: