Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-10-2010, 10:25 PM   #1
sxckevo
Ford motor company

Default :o New Ford Ads!! Improved Alot :)

woah!! just saw two new ford ads in the one ad break. they have just stepped up a notch i reckon. whats everyones opinions? anyone have a link to the ads i cant find them on you tube

WORK CAR: RED 1996 manual XG ute
sxckevo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2010, 11:00 PM   #2
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxckevo
woah!! just saw two new ford ads in the one ad break. they have just stepped up a notch i reckon. whats everyones opinions? anyone have a link to the ads i cant find them on you tube
Which vehicles?
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2010, 11:05 PM   #3
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith
Which vehicles?
First one shows all of them.

Ford Australia - we welcome comparisons.

Not bad.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2010, 11:08 PM   #4
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just saw it on 10 in the middle of 'Offspring.'

I love it. Pretty much saying 'Compare our cars because we have no doubt they'll come out on top.' They mentioned the technology of modern Fords, showed a clip of Voice Activation on the Mondeo then cut to the 7-Seat Territory. It ended with 'Ford, feel the difference.'

My friends, this is the beginning of something great. One Ford is finally giving us some fruit in Australia, this advert was pretty much like the US ones. I'm excited. It was balsy, personal, exciting and promoted the Territory well. And unlike the Holden adverts, it was honest, it didn't wreak of lies. Christ I'm excited...
Old 24-10-2010, 11:36 PM   #5
irlewy86
Meep Meep

They also changed the print GT 335 ad with Alan Moffat. Instead of using the rear facing 4WD ride height shot they now use the very sexy photo as used in the banner. Big improvement.

The TV ads are very "Holden" in style. But I'm sure that will make some people very happy.
Old 24-10-2010, 11:58 PM   #6
Sprint XR8

Ford Australia Comparisons Welcome - Limited Edition Territory
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ALoEo-wmxU

Comparisons Welcome Ford G6 Falcon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHQ_BQ7uPik
Sprint XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2010, 12:04 AM   #7
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Much better than their previous stuff.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2010, 12:07 AM   #8
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Finally....
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2010, 12:10 AM   #9
Fordman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its more direct, getting there, lets hope it can break through or start to make an impact
Fordman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2010, 12:23 AM   #10
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeXB
Ford Australia Comparisons Welcome - Limited Edition Territory
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ALoEo-wmxU

Comparisons Welcome Ford G6 Falcon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHQ_BQ7uPik
Thanks for the links fella. The Adverts are great.
Old 25-10-2010, 12:40 AM   #11
GTENVY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Finally and ad that I would say that could convince me if I was looking for a new car. Ford advertising dept - your on the right track

Live, Love, RACE

SOLD: AU III XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
cars are to be driven, ornaments are to be looked at. the two should never be confused.
GTENVY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2010, 12:42 AM   #12
FgNewbie
Australia

Without looking at the links above
Disappointment was my first reaction when I saw a new ford ad on tv.
I don't recall which ad it was, I was too disgusted to care.

The message I walked away with...

Before I buy a better quality car (nfi why I thought Holden), compare it with an inferior Ford

edit: it definitely wasn't the G6 ad. If it was the Terri I don't remember it.
FgNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2010, 01:26 AM   #13
Deco28

Interesting how for the Territory ad they mention it's the Territory TS LE, while for the Falcon ad, it's the 50th Anniversary G6, with no mention of the name Falcon.
Deco28 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2010, 01:34 AM   #14
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Great!! lets hope they don't go back to old habits..
Old 25-10-2010, 04:51 AM   #15
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deco28
Interesting how for the Territory ad they mention it's the Territory TS LE, while for the Falcon ad, it's the 50th Anniversary G6, with no mention of the name Falcon.
G6 doesnt have Falcon badged on it or have it mentioned anywhere in the branding anyway.
FPV GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2010, 06:03 AM   #16
P6LTD351
Blue Blood

Exactly. Old Fairmont ads didn't mention them being Falcons. Same thing here.
1986 XF Fairmont Ghia 4.1L EFI Regency Red, trip computer, venetians - 163Ks
1979 P6 LTD 351, Goldust - 185Ks
1989 Mazda MX5, Red 1.6L, 5sp manual - 102Ks
P6LTD351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2010, 06:16 AM   #17
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Nice ... about time the Marketing department actually working for their paypacket.
The last decent Ford ad I remember seeing was a BFII Fairmont GHIA ad.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2010, 07:34 AM   #18
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Good concept, a little rough around the edges perhaps. Personally the closing remark "compare it" left me with an awkward feeling, compare it to what? If the closing line was "We welcome comparisons" I think I would have liked it more. I know I'm nit picking now, but I don't like the voice they used either.

Other than that, good ad considering what we're used to from Ford.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2010, 09:21 AM   #19
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

I think the marketing department finally had some coffee. Good efforts.

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2010, 09:25 AM   #20
ltd
Force Fed Fords

I saw it yesterday and thought they were brilliant. They were informative, the film was bright and enjoyable, even the music was good.
What was a brilliant strategy is the fact that Ford weren't doing the parochial thing like Holden, nor were they doing the hard sell. What they were doing was showing exciting imagery of what they have available away from their "power" thing, and inviting customers to just have a look at Ford and compare. Fact is, Ford don't need to win the faithful over, they need to win the ever increasing plethora of Toyota, Volkswagen and Holden buyers. This ad went a very long way to making the average, non-enthusiast car buyer consider Ford as an alternative, in a rather enticing way.
Bravo Ford marketing; you've done a spectacular job.

Quote: