Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 13-04-2023, 12:20 AM   #31
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: “Asking for a friend” - Uninsured not-at-fault Crash

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Actually, it's not illegal to change lanes whilst on/in a roundabout IF you use your indicator appropriately. This is the one thing that those who straight-line 2 lane roundabouts tend to not bother doing, making their manoeuvre illegal.

Personally, I just don't bother. What does it save you, 2 seconds per roundabout?
Yeah, I know that. But what I am trying to say is this...

In the land of ****tard Bay, we have a large amount of roundabout-usage challenge drivers. If we take this situation:

If the vehicle in the inside lane is anywhere in that red arc, the ****tardian entering the roundabout along the green line will just go. It largely seems to be a Queensland thing, but the ****tardians of ****tard Bay are especially bad.

They don't get the concept, nor the legal ruling, that the green car entering must give way to all other vehicles already on the roundabout. This allows for the red car to merge into the left lane at will. Whether it be with or without a blinker doesn't matter, if the green car interferes with what the red car is going then they aren't giving way.

The local ****tardians believe they only have to give way to whatever is coming at their right in the lane they wish to enter. This causes many problems and accidents.

I've been abused and tooted by drivers behind me being the green car waiting at the line giving away because they are upset I'm not going because the lane is clear.

Every week there is a FB post or 2 on the local community pages. One will be from the driver of the red car reminding the roundabout-challenged about they law and how it works, which ensues arguments from the idiots on the green saying they are wrong. 2 days later is a post from the green car sooking because they've been cut off by the red car merging lanes and they should learn road rules. Again, 100's of posts of arguments ensue.

It doesn't help that a few of the most popular exits from the main roads are immediately after a roundabout. If I want to get to say Mc****, which is on Boat Harbour Drive, from Main St and have to turn right into Boat Harbour Drive, I have to merge lanes left as I'm still traversing the roundabout and have to be fully merged as I exit it to make the Mc**** driveway. But without a doubt I will have a ****tardian cut me off because the don't give way, so no Mc**** for me.

I'm wondering if that is what really happened to old mate here.
arm79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2023, 12:25 PM   #32
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

That's right the Rule is you must always give way to vehicles already in the roundabout.

We all know its like a first in best dressed in real life.

If the red car was in the round about before the green car it has the right of way, it can move from the inside to the outside lane to leave the roundabout and the green car has to give way for it to do so.

Our biggest problem is people cant merge smoothly, they seem to be unable to grasp the concept of meeting the flow and to slot in, people push in or drive to slow to merge, this at a 2 lane roundabout is a recipe for disaster and causes most problems, if they can grasp the concept of merging and which lane they need to be in, it flows quite nicely 90% of the time.
prktkljokr is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 13-04-2023, 01:01 PM   #33
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

If more people realised that when driving the idea is to get from point A to point B without impeding anyone else's progress then things would go a lot smoother.
Old 13-04-2023, 07:26 PM   #34
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Exactly, it’s like a team activity. If one player took the ball and never passed it or made real progress, they’d likely not even make the reserves next time.

PJ: Yes, tomorrow apparently.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2023, 10:51 AM   #35
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Just to return to that discussion of fault and who yields, I’ve inserted an image of the roundabout. It’s on a well-known “rat run” that several members here would be familiar with.
Yellow arrow is the other car, they do come barrelling in from that street so anyone proceeding in the green arrow’s direction is normally cautious. I think old mate was tired and distracted, therefore not paying enough attention.
Old 14-05-2023, 05:58 PM   #36
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Not impressed. To take this stuff and drive at night is likely a reason for entering a roundabout without due care.
Old 14-05-2023, 07:55 PM   #37
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

You need some hand cream, CB.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-05-2023, 07:55 PM   #38
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

You promised not to tell!
Old 14-05-2023, 08:30 PM   #39
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

I like to live risqué

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post