Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 22-04-2023, 06:12 AM   #1
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Trends and Choices

Maybe I was just unaware, possibly had to much going on in life so didn't notice. One is IVF, if you can call it futunate, my wife and I never had a problem, excuse the terminology, banging out kids, six in total, neither did our friends all in the three or four kid range. Having had six kids I have met and become friends with quite a large demographic, from 25 ish to mid thirtys.

It seems a large proportion are struggling to fall pregnant takes a year or so or can't, and are heading down the IVF road. Is it age, they mostly waiting to age 30 before attempting having kids, there party lifestyle of something else food/fast-food diet maybe. With my kids genes maybe, as with us they just have to look at it and they seem to fall pregnant, with that the trend has been all boys so far.

I have another lifestyle trend I'd like to discuss but the trend with that is you can't rationally discuss it, with out becoming the bad person in life. Seems this trend will greatly effect my grandkids with its normalization. Feeling thirsty now it's early, but might grab a Bud light, maybe put on some women's face.

PS. I love my grandkids dearly, more than life infact. I will go more than out of the way, to protect them, and ensure they spend there childhood laughing playing and doing kid things, without outside adult trends and influences. I make no apologies for that.

Last edited by GasoLane; 22-04-2023 at 09:25 AM. Reason: As requested
five 7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 22-04-2023, 10:08 AM   #2
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Default Re: Trends and Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 7 View Post
I have another lifestyle trend I'd like to discuss but the trend with that is you can't rationally discuss it, with out becoming the bad person in life. Seems this trend will greatly effect my grandkids with its normalization.

ensure they spend there childhood laughing playing and doing kid things, without outside adult trends and influences. I make no apologies for that.
I think I know what trend you are speaking of and agree.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 22-04-2023, 11:03 AM   #3
Itsme
Experienced Member

If this topic takes off, I'm breaking out the popcorn.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 22-04-2023, 11:18 AM   #4
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
I think I know too!
And I also totally agree!
The world’s gone feckin mad!
And yes.. It does make you feel a little apprehensive of what the future holds for our kids/grandkids?
But they’re more resilient than we think (hopefully?)
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 22-04-2023, 12:13 PM   #5
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Fully agree as well. Anyhoo...

FairmontGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 22-04-2023, 01:23 PM   #6
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
And yes.. It does make you feel a little apprehensive of what the future holds for our kids/grandkids?
You're, and me for that matter, are only apprehensive because we've known something different. With you being older than me, with more life experience, we could agree that you've known even more than I ever will and probably looked at people in my age bracket and said "WTF".

But we are now seeing the early era of the brainwashed mob with zero critical and personal thinking move through uni, graduate, get jobs and become voters.

Very soon what your grandkids and my nephews experience will be all they've ever known. While we remain apprehensive and believe they have lost out, they wouldn't know any different.

I always think back to an experience my then 3 or 4yo nephew had in kindy. He would take in one of those yoghurt pouches with a screw cap as part of his lunch, it was basically his favourite food. One day when my sister put one in his lunch he cried and screamed that he couldn't have one and he'd get into trouble for having one at school, so she had to take it out.

She found out later that one of the teachers would pick a table of kids every day and pick on and humiliate the kid who bought in the most environmentally unfriendly lunch packing, as if the kid had a choice in the matter. Nephew didn't want to be the one picked on. My sister was livid, but got no support from the husband because he believes all this climate BS and said the teacher did the right thing.

Nephew doesn't know what he did wrong, not that he did do anything wrong. All he knows is that it was the wrong thing to take to school and he never did again. For him it became and continues to be the new normal.

And it doesn't stop there. A good friend is a fairly newly minted teacher in his mid 40's. He tells me half the teachers he's come across are activists, not teachers, and all they do is spew their views in the classroom. Once again, the teachers view becoming the new normal for the student.

One might have thought old movies like the Fifth Element or Judge Dredd were silly action comedies of their time. Seems like they were more predictions and glimpses into the future.
arm79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 22-04-2023, 02:22 PM   #7
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I disagree. I think they're more adaptable, but less resilient.

When we were kids, we weren't all chasing a diagnosis to use as an excuse to avoid personal responsibility. We weren't running around painting ourselves as victims all the time. We were bothered or upset by things not going our way, but we weren't traumatised by them to the point of needing professional help.

Every other kid now is on the spectrum, has ADHD, or some form of anxiety. And we are expected to make ever more allowances for it. FFS, my wife couldn't even get special consideration in her HSC year for having had a brain tumour removed at the end of year 11, but kids will get it for comparatively minor psychological problems.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2023, 04:19 PM   #8
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Oh don't get me started, children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.

You guys are hilarious!
Old 22-04-2023, 04:22 PM   #9
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Is it males being unable to perform or reduction in fertility rates?

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2023, 05:01 PM   #10
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I think I know too!
I believe the future is in good hands with our young adults, I know a heap that are level headed and smart, its the small ones that are getting indoctrinated, I've bit my tongue for a while now, but the last few weeks with what's gone on over here grrrrr. I wont tolerate MAP. i don't care how you dress it up, mind the pun, something that certain groups are wanting to make mainstream. Also local library's hosting under five readings by certain parts of society. Keep it to your own please. I don't want this turning into a bashing thread just level headed discussion. As for my first point two young fellas I do know their, sperm count is so low they have no chance of reproduction.
2 users like this post:
Old 22-04-2023, 05:32 PM   #11
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And it doesn't stop there. A good friend is a fairly newly minted teacher in his mid 40's. He tells me half the teachers he's come across are activists, not teachers, and all they do is spew their views in the classroom. Once again, the teachers view becoming the new normal for the student.

One might have thought old movies like the Fifth Element or Judge Dredd were silly action comedies of their time. Seems like they were more predictions and glimpses into the future.[/QUOTE]
Universitys are the breeding ground, teachers need to be impartial not teaching there personal views but they do without recourse, if you saw the absolute rubbish they teach at primary school here, its something that would take years to fix if at all. mate you nailed it with the critical thinking or lack of, might be cynical its like the powers to be want the population stupid, much easier to control. The average bloke seems to be only worried about ball sports and the pub.
Dibbs on Leeloo..... one movie I never have a problem re watching.
3 users like this post:
Old 22-04-2023, 06:02 PM   #12
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Is it males being unable to perform or reduction in fertility rates?
No !

Its a lifestyle choice which seems to be forced onto the rest of us as some kind of ancient culture or race.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 22-04-2023, 06:13 PM   #13
stock1991
Limited supply

Guy at work is furious at his grandson's kindergarten. He was babysitting and told his grandson "ok time for little boys to be in bed". The boys response was I am not a little boy, I am a person. Now both statements are true but why remove gender? I don't understand their agenda and I can't see any good coming from emasculating males, I can see it resulting in a real life "Handmaidens Tale". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ha...ale_(TV_series)

I have always said people should be free to do whatever they want if it's not hurting anyone, my question is why do I have to know about it!
stock1991 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2023, 07:15 PM   #14
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stock1991 View Post

I have always said people should be free to do whatever they want if it's not hurting anyone, my question is why do I have to know about it!
Agree totall. behind closed doors knock your self out, problem now is it's not behind closed doors. basically don't make your problems my problem...
Old 22-04-2023, 07:19 PM   #15
stock1991
Limited supply

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 7 View Post
Agree totall. behind closed doors knock your self out, problem now is it's not behind closed doors. basically don't make your problems my problem...
Yes, don't start none there wont be none. As they say
stock1991 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 23-04-2023, 06:44 AM   #16
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

After four years i now have the choice (if I'm a law abiding citizen) of becoming Australian. What that really means you lot get some more talent, and still get to remove the 501 trash. A big loose for New Zealand.

Last edited by five 7; 23-04-2023 at 06:50 AM.
Old 23-04-2023, 10:41 AM   #17
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Apparently it’s not a mental illness and ‘you’d never know’ (they used to be a man).
So are there any straight men subscribing to the idea they’re genuine women, take this thing home for a good old time. Or maybe go one further and consider putting a ring on it?

smoo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 23-04-2023, 06:37 PM   #18
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoo View Post
Apparently it’s not a mental illness and ‘you’d never know’ (they used to be a man).
So are there any straight men subscribing to the idea they’re genuine women, take this thing home for a good old time. Or maybe go one further and consider putting a ring on it?

I really don't care about gender norms or gender identification, that is a highly personal issue that is not any one's else's business unless otherwise chosen to be shared by the person.

I also believe people don't "choose" to be gay, straight, transgender ect, but people do choose how to live and express themselves, be that in a visible way or in private. I don't like the notion of having someone's sexual or gender preferences shoved in my face, and I say that in terms of both gay and straight people.

However, that sort of aggressive display would be considered aggressive and overblown no matter what gender the person identifies as. That person was also talking and behaving in a very male way, despite identifying as female, so what is the person behind the counter supposed to expect or say? Some people are simply looking for excuses to be combative and argumentative.

These subjects get me pretty upset really. Every person on this earth is a human, meaning we should all be treat each other with respect and kindness. Being kind, compassionate and friendly has absolutely nothing to do with gender and sexuality.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2023, 08:23 PM   #19
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
I really don't care about gender norms or gender identification, that is a highly personal issue that is not any one's else's business unless otherwise chosen to be shared by the person.

I also believe people don't "choose" to be gay, straight, transgender ect, but people do choose how to live and express themselves, be that in a visible way or in private. I don't like the notion of having someone's sexual or gender preferences shoved in my face, and I say that in terms of both gay and straight people.

However, that sort of aggressive display would be considered aggressive and overblown no matter what gender the person identifies as. That person was also talking and behaving in a very male way, despite identifying as female, so what is the person behind the counter supposed to expect or say? Some people are simply looking for excuses to be combative and argumentative.

These subjects get me pretty upset really. Every person on this earth is a human, meaning we should all be treat each other with respect and kindness. Being kind, compassionate and friendly has absolutely nothing to do with gender and sexuality.
Agree, unfortunately most people like to shove their ideology in your face! This is what I hate most, would be nice if people mind their own business and leave me alone.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 23-04-2023, 09:33 PM   #20
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoo View Post

Not very lady-like
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 25-04-2023, 09:50 PM   #21
ToryMikey

I just want to say I agree 100% with OP, I'm a 29 year old bloke. My younger sister is 20 and agrees, as does her best friend. You can't say everyone younger uncritically swallows secular progressivism and gender ideology.

In Brunswick and surrounds things might be different but here in Maryborough Vic most people I know recognise this trend for exactly what it is - BS. Both people my age, and a couple of generations older.

Yes there are activist teachers etc but I have noticed a steady increase in parents wanting to send their kids to Catholic school, or home school. I can hardly blame them. And many teachers I know don't say anything for fear of job loss...
1997 BMW E36 318i manual - Alpine White
ToryMikey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 25-04-2023, 10:49 PM   #22
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

I agree with the OP.

On a similar subject matter, I recently heard of a “Kinder” in Melbourne where 4 year olds are prohibited from using the term “GrandMa”, they are forced to use the term “Grandfriend”. The world has gone mad, activists are brainwashing our children.
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2023, 11:12 PM   #23
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

God help us, what would they call an aunt or uncle? A parental sibling?

How long before mum and dad are blacklisted words too?
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2023, 11:27 AM   #24
ToryMikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorenutt View Post
God help us, what would they call an aunt or uncle? A parental sibling?

How long before mum and dad are blacklisted words too?
Just look at the use of "birthing people". I am never quick to give L*bor politicians any credit but even Bill Shorten thought that was too far.
1997 BMW E36 318i manual - Alpine White
ToryMikey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 26-04-2023, 12:21 PM   #25
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman1 View Post
I agree with the OP.

On a similar subject matter, I recently heard of a “Kinder” in Melbourne where 4 year olds are prohibited from using the term “GrandMa”, they are forced to use the term “Grandfriend”. The world has gone mad, activists are brainwashing our children.
Just throwing out here an opposite view to generate discussion, based on the comment above. Now, I'm playing devil's advocate here, and I don't necessarily agree or disagree with anything that's being stated here, by me or others.

You're considering an alternate view to yours as being brainwashing' but that's based around your beliefs, which are predominantly formed by what you've been taught (both through the education system you were in and by your family and those around you), and by what you've self learned.

But, like most people, you had little to no control over what you were taught in your formative years and that likely influenced the type of areas that you sought further self education in.

So who's to say that you weren't 'brainwashed' (to use your words) yourself and that you would naturally consider any opposing views as being 'wrong' or that if someone to truly believe what they say they, themselves, must be brainwashed?

Like I said, none of this necessarily reflects my personal views on the topic at hand, it's just interesting how society can view things that differ from what we consider normal as 'out there' when what we believe was so influenced by what others believed to be right in the first place.

And I'm not picking on you at all here Fordman, just that you were the last to use a phrase that could be used to offer a different perspective.

At the end of the day, who is to judge whether a view is 'right' or 'wrong' when we all have a natural bias anyway?

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 26-04-2023, 01:27 PM   #26
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Just throwing out here an opposite view to generate discussion, based on the comment above. Now, I'm playing devil's advocate here, and I don't necessarily agree or disagree with anything that's being stated here, by me or others.

You're considering an alternate view to yours as being brainwashing' but that's based around your beliefs, which are predominantly formed by what you've been taught (both through the education system you were in and by your family and those around you), and by what you've self learned.

But, like most people, you had little to no control over what you were taught in your formative years and that likely influenced the type of areas that you sought further self education in.

So who's to say that you weren't 'brainwashed' (to use your words) yourself and that you would naturally consider any opposing views as being 'wrong' or that if someone to truly believe what they say they, themselves, must be brainwashed?

Like I said, none of this necessarily reflects my personal views on the topic at hand, it's just interesting how society can view things that differ from what we consider normal as 'out there' when what we believe was so influenced by what others believed to be right in the first place.

And I'm not picking on you at all here Fordman, just that you were the last to use a phrase that could be used to offer a different perspective.

At the end of the day, who is to judge whether a view is 'right' or 'wrong' when we all have a natural bias anyway?
Thanks for the reply.

my comment is not about a “different view”, it was about “educators” prohibiting 4 year olds from using the term GrandMa, enough said.
3 users like this post:
Old 26-04-2023, 01:40 PM   #27
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman1 View Post
Thanks for the reply.

my comment is not about a “different view”, it was about “educators” prohibiting 4 year olds from using the term GrandMa, enough said.
I'm not sure how those two are mutually exclusive as you're suggesting they are.

Isn't it still an alternative view (by that, I mean different) to yours that you're judging based on your own bias?

Anyway, if you're uncomfortable to discuss it, that's ok. Some people aren't and I can appreciate that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 26-04-2023, 01:56 PM   #28
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
I'm not sure how those two are mutually exclusive as you're suggesting they are.

Isn't it still an alternative view (by that, I mean different) to yours that you're judging based on your own bias?

Anyway, if you're uncomfortable to discuss it, that's ok. Some people aren't and I can appreciate that.
Don’t be condescending, and turn my comments into something else. My original comment is about the fringe activists messing with children’s minds and family values.

A view, as you say, means you have just that, “a view”.

So “View” doesn’t mean “a rule” or a “prohibited action” on another (especially a 4 year old, of whom you are not a parent).

Don’t reply to my post, you obviously think a 4 year old being told to stop using the word “GrandMa” without their parents approval is Ok, good on you if you do, it just means you’re part of the problem.
2 users like this post:
Old 26-04-2023, 02:07 PM   #29
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Since I'm not allowed to reply to a post in here, I just want to apologise if I've offended anyone in here. I genuinely make effort to not do that, but sometimes I make mistakes and can accidentally tread on toes.

And just to reiterate, I'm also not trying to express my views on certain subjects because I can appreciate that it may be a topic that people can get passionate about. My post was trying to invoke discussion on different people's perspectives on things and how we handle that.

Peace. Out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 26-04-2023, 02:14 PM   #30
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Foxy foxy foxy,

Its an interesting topic that in todays world its goes round and round in circles and circles because its all about alternative view yaddayadda

Your last sentence typical of today nothing is right or wrong and ends up in "limbo" because the argument for and against must be heard even though in some case's there is the right buts its rude or your not listenning comes to mind.
Thats the actual problem today, oh such and such has a point as does so and so and nothing becomes of the/a situation.....you end up dis satisfied period.
Nothing much gets resolved anymore - how many political parties have we today ? what has that resolved ? f all but farfar more mess/complications because X has his/her own agenda, playing devils advocate like your post is part of todays problems.

Back in the day I don't recall any political influence's at school, you actually did school work unlike today that its farfar less being taught today let alone the lack of one on one quality.
Infact some days are a totally waste of time and counter productive.
Kids are taught to question their parents about personal things, is this another "right/wrong" way ?
Having kids question their parents re dicipline (obvious abuse none of us would condone but general normal dicilpine I'm talking about)
Your questioned today by your kid or advised you should hear what one of my teachers went on about today.
My Yr12 daughter told us early this year or last in one class there is even questions about your parents relationship ? is it good or not ? yaddayadda I'm so glad my daughter told us its not their business she didn't answer them.
We never got Brainwashed at school one bit for eg. but for having to sing the national anthem at assembly.
Today teachers don't teach but let the tech do the teaching, they abuse the tech of today yet like to pass on their political bias amongst other topics.
Lets not be niave, the TWU is a very very strong Union might I add.

Your main influence is your parents right, you followed their beliefs because its your 2nd nature and if you had the good fortune having parents who could express both sides of the argument despite their intent thats an even better win win.
Thats a good natural bias that today is questioned by what kids are influenced today.
My parents never needed to counsel us about what occurred in class compared to today.
Its near on become a invasion of privacy, is that a ok alternative ? is there a lesson there to be gained.

The gender/X words are taboo you name it has gone OTT and is putting kids in the round a bouts questionning their own parents upbringing/morals etcetc.....its not good influence imo.
Grandma, nor Granfriend ?? like its so ridiculous, same applies abouyt the ol skool comedys etc that has been deleted in wiki or whatever medium had them.
I expect my kids school to teach them schoolwork, social issues especially sensitive ones should not be in the school system.

In the end someone needs to be the judge in the big picture for the mass's need that guidance I'm afraid, not being insulting but many are sheep and go with the flow, they don't know all the rights/wrong paths hence why the/a Shepard is there so to speak.
Unfortunately pollies are pathetic/useless, yet young gens are influenced so easily through SM makes the future outlook even worse imo.

I'm ol skool but have my ears eyes open having a 18yr old and couple of sons little older.
Sure times move on, as someone posted you adjust each decade, yep mine will naturally, decades have their highs and lows as we all know and see, I don't see anywhere near the freedoms we had growing up the 60/70/80's but restrictions, OH&S needed to adegree but its taken away responsiblity of the human another example, we already had previous gens who exploited the "systems" now we have breed them even more !

Yer their is hope for my kids and grand kids, Terminator comes to mind.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post