Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 25-01-2020, 03:51 PM   #1
COUGARMON
Starter Motor

Default 2020 Ford Focus ST - Ordering

Hi All,

First time poster. I hope I've put this in the right spot!?
ion
Last year I put a deposit down on a 2020 Ford Focus ST in Ford Performance Blue.

Since then, I've had communication from Ford with their automated ordering emails that the car has been built and is ready to be shipped. This was on the 11/12. I contacted the dealer who said it would arrive Late Feb, this was then pushed back to early March, now they are saying Early April but that date is not confirmed.

I've done a bit of research online to see if there is a way I can track the process of the car myself and when it will be shipped etc but have come back empty handed.

So I thought I would see if there is anyone out there who might be able to put me in the right direction or even provide a bit more information than what the dealer is. I have the order code along with the VIN number.

Thanks in advance for anyone that can help

Cougarmon.
COUGARMON is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2020, 12:08 PM   #2
RadioactiveX
Diesel Motor

Default Re: 2020 Ford Focus ST - Ordering

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUGARMON View Post
Last year I put a deposit down on a 2020 Ford Focus ST in Ford Performance Blue.

Since then, I've had communication from Ford with their automated ordering emails that the car has been built and is ready to be shipped. This was on the 11/12. I contacted the dealer who said it would arrive Late Feb, this was then pushed back to early March, now they are saying Early April but that date is not confirmed.

I've done a bit of research online to see if there is a way I can track the process of the car myself and when it will be shipped etc but have come back empty handed.

So I thought I would see if there is anyone out there who might be able to put me in the right direction or even provide a bit more information than what the dealer is. I have the order code along with the VIN number.

Thanks in advance for anyone that can help

Cougarmon.
Hi and welcome to the forum, COUGARMON!

It is possible that the car was already shipped. However, there was a news about cargo ships being infected by malicious stink bugs. These insects are a threat to bio-security of any country. Thorough inspection is imminent, and if the cargo ship where your car is infected, they have to be diverted back to a designated country to be decontaminated, process which takes a few weeks before it gets cleared off to continue sailing to Australia.

Its best to get in touch with Ford for any news about your order as they are the only ones that have control over the shipment. Dealers only get in touch with whatever Ford communicates to them.

Anyways, infestations of stink bugs are not the only problem might have caused with the delay, but is common in the past few years which usually happens between November to March.
RadioactiveX is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2020, 10:34 AM   #3
OPJP
Starter Motor

The Ford Focus ST 2020 were built in the Ford Saarlouis plant in Germany. Trucked to Zeebrugge, Belgium and loaded on the Ro-Ro vessel Tamerlane. The ship then went to UK, Spain, USA, Panama, Auckland, Brisbane (19 Mar), Port Kembla (22 Mar), Melbourne (24 Mar) and then Fremantle (29th March).

I was advised yesterday (7th April) that due to reduced numbers of wharfies, the cars are back logged and remain on the Wharf. This applies to all Australian ports. Ford cannot give any idea when the cars will be released
OPJP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2020, 07:11 PM   #4
ivorya
Mad Scientist!

https://www.motoring.com.au/spotted-...tralia-123761/

Not long now
ivorya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 09-04-2020, 07:14 PM   #5
COUGARMON
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivorya View Post
Providing all goes well, Mine will be in my garage next weekend or the week after!

The dealership have already got a White one sitting in the car yard!

Chatting with OPJP today, there is a red one sitting in Perth too.

Cheers,
Cougarmon
COUGARMON is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 09-04-2020, 09:09 PM   #6
OPJP
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivorya View Post
Ah well - yes it is happening. Both red and white unallocated on floor in WA. (Told Blue and Orange unallocated in Adeleide). "Performance Blue" is same colour as latest Ford Raptor. Price is dropping already - best 2 weeks ago $50,600 now $48,990 (2 dealers in Perth)

Confirmed today that mine has been released from wharf and will be at dealership Tuesday / Wednesday. (Easter bunny missed a ride)

Aus version is a down grade from EU version. No Head-up display, no electric seats, different head lights (same as Trend), no door auto protector strips. Could not get car to bang and crackle while stationery at 6000RPM.

Why can't Ford Australia not down grade everything they buy :-( ???

So be it - and there was much rejoicing!

Last edited by OPJP; 09-04-2020 at 09:20 PM.
Old 09-04-2020, 10:48 PM   #7
RadioactiveX
Diesel Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPJP View Post
different head lights (same as Trend)
This is actually the headlights that I wanted to be in the regular Focus, that we didn't get here in Australia, region-wise. This is the "Thor hammer-styled headlights", similar to Volvo's and no, this is not found on regular Focii like the Trend. I'm actually surprised we are getting this style for the ST here in Australia and I think it looks more aggressively stylish like this.

Last edited by RadioactiveX; 09-04-2020 at 10:55 PM.
Old 09-04-2020, 10:59 PM   #8
RadioactiveX
Diesel Motor

Just to add, I think this type of headlights also has the anti-glare feature what they call to not glaze other drivers, even on high beam.
Old 09-04-2020, 11:02 PM   #9
OPJP
Starter Motor

Hi Radioactive, I agree the headlights look more agressive and stylish. Hope they are the ones with adaptive cornering.

We are like kids opening Xmas presents or should that be Easter eggs? :-)
Old 09-04-2020, 11:04 PM   #10
RadioactiveX
Diesel Motor

Quote:
Hi Radioactive, I agree the headlights look more agressive and stylish. Hope they are the ones with adaptive cornering.

We are like kids opening Xmas presents or should that be Easter eggs? :-)
How about hide the eggs inside the car and let the kids find it? Actually, no don't want them playing around your new shiny car :p
Old 10-04-2020, 08:32 AM   #11
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You lucky ''censored''.
Make sure you give us a full review.
kevino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2020, 12:26 PM   #12
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Ah well - yes it is happening. Both red and white unallocated on floor in WA. (Told Blue and Orange unallocated in Adeleide). "Performance Blue" is same colour as latest Ford Raptor. Price is dropping already - best 2 weeks ago $50,600 now $48,990 (2 dealers in Perth)

Confirmed today that mine has been released from wharf and will be at dealership Tuesday / Wednesday. (Easter bunny missed a ride)

Aus version is a down grade from EU version. No Head-up display, no electric seats, different head lights (same as Trend), no door auto protector strips. Could not get car to bang and crackle while stationery at 6000RPM.

Why can't Ford Australia not down grade everything they buy :-( ???

So be it - and there was much rejoicing!
Wouldn’t it only bang and crackle on a gearshift? Can’t see why it would do it in neutral if it’s a spark cut.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2020, 11:30 AM   #13
RadioactiveX
Diesel Motor

https://youtu.be/vwH_lbjBU88

This man has a pretty in-depth video of the new ST in Australia. The car is in red. The bangs and crackles are present in his testing while the car is stationary, which is good for us, but not for our neighbors.
Old 13-04-2020, 01:01 PM   #14
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Review on UK spec car
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2020, 02:18 PM   #15
RadioactiveX
Diesel Motor

I forgot you can embed videos
Edit: Alright, looks like the uploader disabled embedding of his video.
Here is the link again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwH_lbjBU88

Anyways, this video describes a red Focus ST in Australian spec. This video is quite long, but you can just skip to the interesting parts.

Last edited by RadioactiveX; 13-04-2020 at 02:25 PM.
Old 05-05-2020, 09:37 PM   #16
White turbo

I picked up a Mk4 Focus wagon, ST Line in Ruby Red all speced up, Panorama roof, all packs, and its a ripper of a car!!!. Few rattles from the roof but that will be fixed. I have a FGX Turbo so was interesting, but man does it get up and go. The 8 speed auto is awesome.
White turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post