Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 27-11-2015, 11:29 AM   #1
mauricio

Default MB Mondeo HMI dashboard display

Hello I was hoping someone could help me. I have a 2009 MB Mondeo with the colour display (called the human machine interface).
I've noticed in the last few days that when the car is locked, that the display stays on with a solid grey background colour - it does not switch off. Quite strange. It doesn't draw enough power to drain my battery overnight but its obviously not normal. Any suggestions please? Thank you.
mauricio is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2015, 02:13 AM   #2
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Default Re: MB Mondeo HMI dashboard display

pull the fuse in the fuse panel under the dash passenger side for the Head unit for a moment and place it back.

Illustration B Fuse 21

see if it resets...
cobrin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2015, 09:59 AM   #3
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Would be good to get an update to see if the above resolves your issue!
Old 29-11-2015, 09:03 PM   #4
mauricio

Thanks I will give this a go tonight many thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrin View Post
pull the fuse in the fuse panel under the dash passenger side for the Head unit for a moment and place it back.

Illustration B Fuse 21

see if it resets...
Old 29-11-2015, 10:03 PM   #5
mauricio

Gentleman, the reset worked; thank you Cobrin for the suggestion, it was driving me mad looking for a solution.
That fusebox location is ridiculous, one of the worst I've seen to get to.
Thank you for the advice.
Old 29-11-2015, 10:24 PM   #6
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Glad to hear all is well!

Just another way these Forums help.
And might also be useful to the next person who experiences something similar...
Old 29-11-2015, 10:28 PM   #7
mauricio

Thanks...by the way how so you find the tdci version of the MC? Did you compare it to the ecoboost version?
Old 30-11-2015, 02:06 AM   #8
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Hey Hey! had a win great stuff...

It seemed the most logical action, sometimes when things of this nature lock up a reset will get it back to normal and as there's no reset button pulling power is the only way.

I lol'd on your experience with the fuse holder, that was my thoughts also when doing the cabin filter, I mean really, stripping the G.box apart to gain access lol Cmon....
Old 30-11-2015, 07:53 AM   #9
mauricio

Cheers for that...is that where the cabin filter is? I had the 105K service done a few weeks back, but I've got a funny feeling that the mechanic didn't change the filter. It wasn't listed on the receipt after I had left when I checked. So to prove that right or wrong, am I going to have to rip out the bloomin glove box?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrin View Post
Hey Hey! had a win great stuff...

It seemed the most logical action, sometimes when things of this nature lock up a reset will get it back to normal and as there's no reset button pulling power is the only way.

I lol'd on your experience with the fuse holder, that was my thoughts also when doing the cabin filter, I mean really, stripping the G.box apart to gain access lol Cmon....
Old 30-11-2015, 01:52 PM   #10
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Yep. Get the OEM Charcoal pollen filter from Ford it's only $21, wave a $20 note and they'll just say yeah that's enough lol.

need to remove the G.box to gain access to one of the three cover screws, and no they aren't phillips screws lol (T20 torx bit and 10mm spanner or socket for the nut). Then the clips for the light and USB socket.

this guy is just replacing it with a bog standard filter, the Charcoal filter is grey/black.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoRicbx4A6o