Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 06-01-2007, 10:44 AM   #1
5L
[ 5L ]

Default what springs in the rear

i want to lower my car around an inch to an inch and a half in the rear. i think that the front is fine. what springs will do the job, and are the springs the same as e-series springs, where xr springs are fairly close to king spring lows.

[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
5L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2007, 10:50 AM   #2
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

is it the EB or the XR8 You want to lower ,

Super Lows would look Good , would shake it down a bit , but Going by Whoosh's , It looks fine in the Narooma if you just leave it stock

AU2PWR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2007, 10:59 AM   #3
5L
[ 5L ]

not eb i want to lower that thing is slammed already,

plus i posted in au section so that means xr8 lol, i dont really want superlows, they gave my eb a rough ride, and i dont want that in the au. just want to lower the rear a bit more, maybe ill just chuck some bags of cement in the boot.
[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
Old 06-01-2007, 11:11 AM   #4
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

lol

Just do my trick , carry your drag tyres x2 plus your spare wherever you go

Old 06-01-2007, 11:16 AM   #5
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

king spring lows would bring it down a bit, but bugger all of a diff in an xr, for an inch- an inch and a half you'd probably want sl's
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2007, 11:22 AM   #6
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR_AU

Super Lows would look Good ,
no one listens to me ....:(

Old 06-01-2007, 11:25 AM   #7
5L
[ 5L ]

i just thought that superlows would make it heaps low.

www.ignitionimages.com
Old 06-01-2007, 11:35 AM   #8
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

Ultra Lows Would , SuperLows , Meh , Would leave it at a Nice Height

Old 06-01-2007, 11:43 AM   #9
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb5speed
not eb i want to lower that thing is slammed already,

plus i posted in au section so that means xr8 lol, i dont really want superlows, they gave my eb a rough ride, and i dont want that in the au. just want to lower the rear a bit more, maybe ill just chuck some bags of cement in the boot.
If you want the rear lower, but don't want superlows, then you are stuck with what you have. Lows are XR height (which you already have), then comes SL at around 15/20mm lower, then SSL another 10/15mm lower again, then it just gets silly from there.

As a guide, the road to wheelarch measurement on your car should be around 660 to 670 at the moment, with SLs, this should drop to around 640 to 650. The front should already be around 660/665 as well. I believe that by keeping the front XR height, and putting SLs in the rear, the rear will sit lower than the front, a la VL commodes. However, if you go SL front and SSL rear, the car should sit flat.

Not that it matters to you, but I have SL front, and XR rear, because with a full gas (LPG) tank, the rear sits around 10mm lower than whatever springs are in it, so SLs were bottoming out all the time.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2007, 05:09 PM   #10
sam-efxr6

if you want superlows but don't want to lose the ride quality you can weld a spacer on the shock tower to give you full travel. i have ultra lows and have made up spacers. to look at its slammed but when you take someone for a drive they can't belive the ride quality and only takes 1/2 hour to do.
sam-efxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post