Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Ford Coupe Club of Australia > General Discussions

Old 30-05-2008, 06:49 PM   #1
gthofan
Gunna girlie-man

Default coupes for sale - ebay, cars guide etc.

Hey guys, just wondering if anybody else spotted the xc coupe, 351, 4 speed manual for sale. Is this the going price for these... $9,800??

cheers
scott

<INSERT WITTY SIGNATURE HERE>

Daily- 05' BA futura... work done.
Cruiser- 85' VK berlina... more work done

Last edited by gtxb67; 11-07-2008 at 11:57 AM. Reason: mucked up title while merging
gthofan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 30-05-2008, 06:54 PM   #2
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

if its a POS than thats the going price.

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 30-05-2008, 06:58 PM   #3
gthofan
Gunna girlie-man

It said excellent cond. And reg till 12/08. I reckon it muct be a misprint, or someone doesn't know the value of them

<INSERT WITTY SIGNATURE HERE>

Daily- 05' BA futura... work done.
Cruiser- 85' VK berlina... more work done
gthofan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2008, 08:27 PM   #4
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Sounds a bit cheap if 'excellent'! A bit cheap if even a bit ratty!

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2008, 09:01 PM   #5
Kryton

paperback version of the ebay scams.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2008, 10:54 PM   #6
Big Mike
Acid Rush XB Coupe

Some one pee'd off a customer, or employer, or something. Does it also say "I work night shifts, please call me between 1am and 5am"?
Old 31-05-2008, 10:16 AM   #7
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

I hope it's an e-bay scam because I just payed $12000 for this. But it did come with a tunnel rammed 351 and recond auto. : And all the bits to put her back together, just needs to get the interior redone. Not bad for the missus to get around in, as she keeps reminding me thats it is her car. Oh well just have to stick with my own coupe. Even though I'll have to work on hers.

\
XBROO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2008, 01:15 PM   #8
Ringo
I see you....

^^ That still looks like a good deal for $12K
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2008, 01:40 PM   #9
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

The shells good, at least you can build the driveline according to your taste.
Falcon Coupe is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2008, 01:40 PM   #10
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

I wouldnt be too dissappointed in that XBROO! NOT at all!!!!

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2008, 03:05 PM   #11
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

No I'm quite happy with it. All the front end has been renewed[ bushes, tie rod ends, ball joints, pitmen arm etc. I knew the car before he got it respayed and it has always been straight and rust free. Has a warm 351 with a tunnel ram and the C4 has a stage 2 shift kit with a 3 grand stall convertor which has recently been rebuilt.
Old 01-06-2008, 08:58 PM   #12
Tony xa
Streetrides panel & paint

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Tonys qualified advice on paint and panel is always very good 

Great buy for the price I would be happy with that one concidering the price of some crappy shells on ebay.
Tony xa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2008, 09:10 PM   #13
fakegt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthofan
Hey guys, just wondering if anybody else spotted the xc coupe, 351, 4 speed manual for sale. Is this the going price for these... $9,800??

cheers
scott
Strange I called and left a message and they never called back! I didn't see it till Saturday morning so I figured I was caller #857. Thought it may be a deceased Estate or something with the realitives not up on the value of these cars? Or call anytime, any day = Payback? 12k for the XB Coupe = Bargain, nice one mate.

Last edited by fakegt; 01-06-2008 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Add extra
fakegt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2008, 08:51 PM   #14
Donny

Bit un usual tho this coupe above in the pics, it has what appears to be an early body shell with a later engine bay. Perhaps it has had a new front put on it. Looks good for 12k tho.

Old 04-06-2008, 10:41 PM   #15
XCoupe
Pistan broke'

Quote:
Originally Posted by xagt_coupe
Bit un usual tho this coupe above in the pics, it has what appears to be an early body shell with a later engine bay. Perhaps it has had a new front put on it. Looks good for 12k tho.
How do you tell? i would've thought the engine bays were all the same
XCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2008, 11:22 PM   #16
Donny

Nope there is an early type bay and a late type bay. Just like there is an early shell and 2 later type ones.

Old 05-06-2008, 12:24 AM   #17
JG66ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Great tech articles and assistance to all in the Classics arena. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCoupe
How do you tell? i would've thought the engine bays were all the same
The windscreen washer bottle holder next to battry tray and provision for charcoal canister is the give away for late engine bay.

Donny has eyes like a hawk.

Steve
JG66ME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2008, 01:15 PM   #18
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG66ME
The windscreen washer bottle holder next to battry tray and provision for charcoal canister is the give away for late engine bay.

Donny has eyes like a hawk.

Steve
another interesting thing learnt. i did not notice the windscreen washer bracket near the batterry - when did they change. at the same time the 1/4 panels, windscreen wipers etc. did or earlier because of the polution gear

and if you do not mind me asking xbroo, what year is your coupe. it may just have had new 1/4 panels fitted
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2008, 01:29 PM   #19
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

She's a 75, I haven't got her home yet so I don't know what month. He has had the coupe for about 10years. I asked him about the water bottle because I notice it was different to mine which is 2/74. He said it was always like that ever since he had it.
By the way Donny have you had any luck trying to sell yours? Or have you decided to finish it.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:51 PM   #20
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

mid 75 was the cross over point of early/late xb's. maybe they used early 1/4's when building or they may have been replaced. there are a few differences, but the windscreen wipers would have nuts/threads for late xb and splines for early xb

i have heard of many weird things that have happened regarding parts from seemingly different series of cars. i have been told and have no reason to disbelieve it - that someone has seen a factory coupe that had 1 door jamb with a vent and the other side without. i suppose they just used what parts were available and if they mucked up, they covered it as conventiently as possible
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2008, 02:27 PM   #21
Ringo
I see you....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxb67
mid 75 was the cross over point of early/late xb's. maybe they used early 1/4's when building or they may have been replaced. there are a few differences, but the windscreen wipers would have nuts/threads for late xb and splines for early xb

i have heard of many weird things that have happened regarding parts from seemingly different series of cars. i have been told and have no reason to disbelieve it - that someone has seen a factory coupe that had 1 door jamb with a vent and the other side without. i suppose they just used what parts were available and if they mucked up, they covered it as conventiently as possible
Its getting off topic but is still happening today with minor stuff, an upgraded part or bolt on thingy. The cut over to the new part when stock of the 'old' part runs out. The vent thing is funny.

Toyoya changed the service interval of their Camry from 10,000 km to every 15,000 km without changing anything else.

They cant tell you the build date that this change to the service interval occured for Camry because it simply started when they ran out of 10,000 kms interval service books and started throwing 15,000 km service interval books into them...
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2008, 03:56 PM   #22
JG66ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Great tech articles and assistance to all in the Classics arena. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxb67

I think the XC quarters came in late 75 or early 76. That means some cars got the late engine bay and early quarter.

Steve
JG66ME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2008, 04:32 PM   #23
Donny

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBROO
She's a 75, I haven't got her home yet so I don't know what month. He has had the coupe for about 10years. I asked him about the water bottle because I notice it was different to mine which is 2/74. He said it was always like that ever since he had it.
By the way Donny have you had any luck trying to sell yours? Or have you decided to finish it.
Lots of stuff changed in the coupe model runs. I have found cars with lots of unusual stuff on em. Usually the vents in the door jamb are an early thing, and no vents in later shells, I have never seen a non molested shell with 1 vent on 1 side and no vent on the other. This is a bad rust point on coupes this area, I would say 1 side got repaired and one didnt in those cases.

Body shell wise, there is a major change between 72 and 73 onwards shells, then of course there is the rear repeater lights in the rear qtr. and the later engine bay revisions. Charcoal canister was fitted from 75 on for ADR 27A as was the repositioned washer bottle. Pretty sure the rear qtrs changed repeater direction mid 75 too, so the car could well be right on the cut off dates for changeovers.

When rear qtrs are replaced, they are allways the later type if NOS, or can be earlier ones if second hand off another car.

It will be interesting to see the build dates etc to see if its correct.

As for my car.....
I have had a truckload of tyre kickers and wannabe owners who dont have a pot to pi$$ in, also quite a few fools thinkin I am desperate to sell and will accept any stupid offers they make. A couple of reasonable offers that were a little short of where I want to be price or trade wise.
It went to 60k on ebay which I thought wasnt a bad effort.

I have added that I will accept payment plans to the ad now, as a few have said this may attract a few buyers who cannot afford the ask price straight up.

But basically the plan hasnt changed, I am going to do a bit to it here and there as I get time, and if I get a fair offer on it, I will sell it, if not, I will keep it and finish it and go from there. I will most likely return it to original state too, slowly. The orig motor is going back in for starters, not the stroker.

Recently another similar GT coupe sold for over 70k and if you wanted it to the standard of a good car it needs a full resto too. It had paint sweat blisters all over it, rust n bog in the sills and needed a re-trim at the least, so add all that ontop of the 70k and I cant understand why mine dosent sell really.
An I wont even mention a recent GT sale for around my asking price that was well publicised recently that is going pear shaped now.

Old 05-06-2008, 08:09 PM   #24
peachey80
Nothing stays standard !!

[QUOTE=XBROO]I hope it's an e-bay scam because I just payed $12000 for this. But it did come with a tunnel rammed 351 and recond auto. : And all the bits to put her back together, just needs to get the interior redone. Not bad for the missus to get around in, as she keeps reminding me thats it is her car. Oh well just have to stick with my own coupe. Even though I'll have to work on hers.

QUOTE]

Nice looking coupe mate.
Do you know what colour it is ?

Project Car : XA Coupe : XA Project
peachey80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2008, 09:26 PM   #25
Donny

Looks like Mulberry Metallic

Old 06-06-2008, 04:19 AM   #26
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

The bloke said it was rasberry ripple, but a darker version. But it dose look like mulberry metallic it justs get a bit more pink looking in the sun. Donny, I thought for sure somebody would have bought it. It's properly a sign to keep her, finish her of and drive her. Then you don't have to worry about getting another GT. Then I can go for a cruise with you a yellow xagt and a yellow xbgt rumbling down cavil ave. I'll more then like take a look at the wintersun this weekend wasn't to bad last yeah. Had this girl run in front of the coupe and bow to us, its a good feeling. :
Old 07-06-2008, 06:57 PM   #27
Donny

Most of the paints these days give very deceptive looks as to their true colours. This is another one. Def looks like Mulberry in the pics, or maybe a Port Wine hue.

Well, thats basically the plan....to finish it and see what happens from there.
Times are tuff and I aint asking a small sum. Virtually what it owes me only.

It still amaszes me tho that there are people paying in the 70k range or more for virtually the same car as mine, an these 70k cars are still needing a resto ontop of that, or paint n panel and interiour at the least....

I will more than likely return it to totally standard too, i.e. get a FMX auto and bits, fit the orig motor back in and not fit the air con and power steer etc. If it goes back out on the road as an stocko with the auto it will get club reg at the most and I wont drive it much. Prolly to and from shows and not much else as it wont interest me driving it as an auto. Will be too boaring as an auto, I would end up driving the GT-P instead.

The main reason I want to sell it is to get a cheaper not so perfect GT or nice K Code GS that isnt in need of a resto but needs small stuff done that I can do without taking it off the road. And I dont wanna have 100k plus of my spare cash tied up in just one car, I would like to knock that from 100k down to 50 to 70k absolutly maxx and reallocate the remaining money to some other future ideas I have cooking.

I doubt I will make it to Wintersun this year now, I have a few other little projects on the go which are a bit more pressing.

Old 09-06-2008, 08:42 AM   #28
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

I think alot of people these days that by these cars have the money to get somebody else to restore them . So they'll try and by something that together and drive it into the shop then drive it out fully restored. Then they are only interested in certain colour and interior combos. But hang in there Donny someone out there is bound to buy it. But I know what you mean, I've been offered 80 grand for mine and its not in bad nick but its never had a resto. Next time I have someone wanting to buy mine I point them in your direction. :evil3:
Old 09-06-2008, 12:53 PM   #29
Donny

Cheers for that. I am not that fussed about if I keep her or sell her.
I have had several enquieries where after they have tried their knit picking, I have told them this car isnt for them and to look elsewhere, some nicely, some not so nicely. It is what it is.
Theres an XA GT coupe on ebay right now, needs a full resto and the start bid is 40k reserve not met.
Anyone who can afford a professional resto is a rich man these days. Back in 04, 05 this car http://www.grandtourer.com.au/aspx/R...tosubjectid=15 cost the owner 103k JUST for the resto.
This was over 3 years ago at Grand Tourer. He allready owned the car then.
And that isnt speculation either, I know John the owner and he confirmed that figure to me at the Ballarat Nationals on 05.

Old 09-06-2008, 01:01 PM   #30
bob 351
MIGHTY MAGPIES 2010

Location: yarram se vic in the shed listening to pinkfloyd and rubbing panels

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBROO
I hope it's an e-bay scam because I just payed $12000 for this. But it did come with a tunnel rammed 351 and recond auto. : And all the bits to put her back together, just needs to get the interior redone. Not bad for the missus to get around in, as she keeps reminding me thats it is her car. Oh well just have to stick with my own coupe. Even though I'll have to work on hers.

\
GEES 12 GRAND FOR THAT PIECE PF RUBBISH MATE YOU SHOULD OF CHECKED IT OUT FIRST IT,S GOT A DENT IN THE BOOTLID YOU SHOULD OF LEFT IT THERE AND RANG ME A TOLD ME WHERE IT WAS
NICE PICK UP YA LUCKY BOY
bob 351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post