Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 23-12-2014, 02:06 PM   #121
graphicgoose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: LAST HULK FRIDAY 2014: is FGX the Falcosaurus?

Not that I want to get in the middle of this debate between Arron and co. but I recently traded my GT in for a VF SSV Redline. Many of you won't understand it, and if it was just a weekend car then perhaps I may have kept the GT...but it was my only car so I wanted something a bit more well rounded. I'm the first to admit that the XR8 is fantastic value for money, for the power you get. I'm not about to come in here and start bashing the Ford, I loved the power of my GT. I do know where Arron is coming from though, with respects to how it FEELS compared to the turbos. It's the fact that the turbo torque and power delivery isn't linear that makes it feel fast, when in actual fact the SC Miami cars are well up there. You don't get the same kick in the guts from the power delivery in the GT as I did in my old FG XR6T, but that doesn't mean it's not just as quick.

I lined up an FG XR6T (manual and which had 310rwkw, so similar power to a stock F6) in my GT (manual, which had Shockworks coilovers and Rspec rear wheels) and we were fairly even, but he just had the edge on me. I can also confirm that, sure the traction control light came on in the GT under full throttle in 1st, 2nd and 3rd...but that doesn't mean it jumped sideways in a straight line with the traction control turned off. The SC Miami cars need around 50-80rwkw MORE to run the same times down the drag strip as the turbo 6's, that's been proven on this forum and Dan (CAT600) has also said this many times.

The point I'm getting at here is that each car will appeal to different people for different reasons. Some prefer the raw and fun power delivery of the turbo motors for a weekend toy car, others prefer the linear delivery of the Miami, while others will prefer the tech and refinement of the VF. Just because one persons preferences takes them in a certain direction doesn't mean they don't appreciate the appeal of the other vehicles for their target market...but it's clearly evident that the VF has a much broader target market than the XR8, it's gone Euro hunting and I think they've actually done pretty well all things considered.

Here's what I feel to be a fairly well rounded and honest comparison review between the SSV Redline and the XR8. The way some of you guys carry on around here you'd think the Xr8 would leave the SSV for dead...but sometimes there's more to a car than pure HP. Everything that's said in this comparison mirrors my own thoughts when comparing the two cars back to back, and as you'll see in the video, there's much less in it than you'd think when there's more than just a straight bit of road involved...

http://www.caradvice.com.au/326189/f...arison-review/
6 users like this post:
Old 23-12-2014, 04:00 PM   #122
xw302gs

^^^^ how would your rate the handling of your GT with shockworks compared to the FE3 suspension of the Redline?
Old 23-12-2014, 04:39 PM   #123
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by arronm View Post
And besides my nana how many of us drive stock cars
Those whose cars are fast stock...
4 users like this post:
Old 23-12-2014, 04:42 PM   #124
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by graphicgoose View Post
Not that I want to get in the middle of this debate between Arron and co. but I recently traded my GT in for a VF SSV Redline. Many of you won't understand it, and if it was just a weekend car then perhaps I may have kept the GT...but it was my only car so I wanted something a bit more well rounded. I'm the first to admit that the XR8 is fantastic value for money, for the power you get. I'm not about to come in here and start bashing the Ford, I loved the power of my GT. I do know where Arron is coming from though, with respects to how it FEELS compared to the turbos. It's the fact that the turbo torque and power delivery isn't linear that makes it feel fast, when in actual fact the SC Miami cars are well up there. You don't get the same kick in the guts from the power delivery in the GT as I did in my old FG XR6T, but that doesn't mean it's not just as quick.

I lined up an FG XR6T (manual and which had 310rwkw, so similar power to a stock F6) in my GT (manual, which had Shockworks coilovers and Rspec rear wheels) and we were fairly even, but he just had the edge on me. I can also confirm that, sure the traction control light came on in the GT under full throttle in 1st, 2nd and 3rd...but that doesn't mean it jumped sideways in a straight line with the traction control turned off. The SC Miami cars need around 50-80rwkw MORE to run the same times down the drag strip as the turbo 6's, that's been proven on this forum and Dan (CAT600) has also said this many times.

The point I'm getting at here is that each car will appeal to different people for different reasons. Some prefer the raw and fun power delivery of the turbo motors for a weekend toy car, others prefer the linear delivery of the Miami, while others will prefer the tech and refinement of the VF. Just because one persons preferences takes them in a certain direction doesn't mean they don't appreciate the appeal of the other vehicles for their target market...but it's clearly evident that the VF has a much broader target market than the XR8, it's gone Euro hunting and I think they've actually done pretty well all things considered.

Here's what I feel to be a fairly well rounded and honest comparison review between the SSV Redline and the XR8. The way some of you guys carry on around here you'd think the Xr8 would leave the SSV for dead...but sometimes there's more to a car than pure HP. Everything that's said in this comparison mirrors my own thoughts when comparing the two cars back to back, and as you'll see in the video, there's much less in it than you'd think when there's more than just a straight bit of road involved...

http://www.caradvice.com.au/326189/f...arison-review/
Each to their own. Congrats on your purchase...

I guess I like a car that puts its hand down my pants and says it wants to have some fun...

When I drove the SSV, it felt more like a stable relationship... On paper its the more sensible choice but its one I'm not ready to commit to yet (or looking for)...

Edit: Might add Clubsport to that as well...
2 users like this post:
Old 23-12-2014, 07:00 PM   #125
graphicgoose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xw302gs View Post
^^^^ how would your rate the handling of your GT with shockworks compared to the FE3 suspension of the Redline?
Feels completely different. I had to work the GT a lot harder through corners when pushing it, you had to fight understeer on turn in to get the balance right and it definitely moved around a lot more through the corner. The FE3 suspension is a good thing! The Redline feels very well planted and stable through the corners, has a heap more front end grip and sits down and grips at the rear when coming out of the corner under power down. The GT would just start to riggle and want to kick the tail out, not just coz of the extra HP either. Both cars felt like polar opposites.
Old 23-12-2014, 07:09 PM   #126
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Dan.. the GT is gone?
Old 23-12-2014, 07:30 PM   #127
skoobysGT

Talking Re: LAST HULK FRIDAY 2014: is FGX the Falcosaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypez View Post
Each to their own. Congrats on your purchase...

I guess I like a car that puts its hand down my pants and says it wants to have some fun...

When I drove the SSV, it felt more like a stable relationship... On paper its the more sensible choice but its one I'm not ready to commit to yet (or looking for)...

Edit: Might add Clubsport to that as well...
Graphicgoose...why don't you silence all the "critics" and put in that Magnuson blower already?!! LOL

The 530KW beast that your SSV will transform into, will give you the comfort and luxury that you require as a daily and provide you with an instant "hands down your pants" experience when you want it!!

Previous ride: 2011 FPV GT 335
This user likes this post:
Old 23-12-2014, 07:44 PM   #128
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Love when people pull the mod card, as falcon coupe said deepest pockets win that one. Miami wins by a mile stock for stock. Holden wins the "package" department if that's your thing. My main gripe here is people down talking the power of that lovely engine, it's just not fair to what ford/FPV achieved.

1s quicker to 100.
0.3s slower around a tight track, there is that much variance from some race drivers in identical cars...
Sensation FG XR8 290kW NA V8, 6spd Automatic

Current Rides
Octane GTF SC V8, 6spd Manual, Manta 3" X pipes and hotdogs
Starlight Lotus Evora S 258kW SC V6, 6spd Manual
Old 23-12-2014, 07:53 PM   #129
skoobysGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensationFG8 View Post
Love when people pull the mod card, as falcon coupe said deepest pockets win that one. Miami wins by a mile stock for stock. Holden wins the "package" department if that's your thing. My main gripe here is people down talking the power of that lovely engine, it's just not fair to what ford/FPV achieved.

1s quicker to 100.
0.3s slower around a tight track, there is that much variance from some race drivers in identical cars...
Just a bit of humour mate.

If you read the "SS vs XR8 and the winner is....." thread, I agree the XR8 is a better purchase, stock for stock... dollar for dollar.

Old 23-12-2014, 08:01 PM   #130
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not really having a go at you mate, I find it funny how many Holden fans say people can't appreciate what the competitor brings to the table. Based on the bagging of the Miami by some here I'd say the same is true for both sides.

Let's face it Holden sacrificed engine upgrades for toys, in my opinion they have moderately beaten ford in that department. Ford sacrificed toy development for engine development and let's face it the resulting motor is miles ahead. It is a genuinely fantastic motor with some brutal, easy power and will be a celebrated piece of aussie motoring for many years. The equivalent Holden motor had almost no input from Australia and is no where near it when it comes to putting out some grunt.

Current Rides
3 users like this post:
Old 23-12-2014, 08:16 PM   #131
skoobysGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensationFG8 View Post
The equivalent Holden motor had almost no input from Australia and is no where near it when it comes to putting out some grunt.
I wouldn't say 330rwkw for the LSA is no where near the 349rwkw achieved by the Miami

Old 23-12-2014, 08:18 PM   #132
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry to me equivalent is the one at the same price point. Right now that's the 6.0, even if they goto the 6.2 I feel my point still stands.

Agree the lsa is almost on par, I think I've said that a few times in this thread. The only way for Holden to claw back the disadvantage with their current arsenal is the lsa.

Current Rides
Old 23-12-2014, 08:25 PM   #133
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Feels completely different. I had to work the GT a lot harder through corners when pushing it, you had to fight understeer on turn in to get the balance right and it definitely moved around a lot more through the corner. The FE3 suspension is a good thing! The Redline feels very well planted and stable through the corners, has a heap more front end grip and sits down and grips at the rear when coming out of the corner under power down. The GT would just start to riggle and want to kick the tail out, not just coz of the extra HP either. Both cars felt like polar opposites.
Surprise to hear that you traded your GT and brought a VF SS redline. Whats going to happen with the forge wheels orders?
Old 23-12-2014, 08:27 PM   #134
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Having toys like remote start, blind spot mirrors, self parking are great but these are not going to win any straight line battles.
Old 23-12-2014, 09:48 PM   #135
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by futura View Post
Surprise to hear that you traded your GT and brought a VF SS redline. Whats going to happen with the forge wheels orders?
GG didnt order a set for his car so all is well. He's a legend for organising it for us though!
Old 23-12-2014, 10:21 PM   #136
graphicgoose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600 View Post
Dan.. the GT is gone?
Erm, yeah... Wasn't because of your bushes at all though, so please don't take it as being a defining factor. It did highlight a few things I'd already been thinking about both Fords I'd owned with respects to build quality and design though. As Scooby mentioned in another thread, I had bad luck from day dot with my GT and had just lost all love for it as a result to be honest. It was a similar story with my FG XR6T, although I got rid of that primarily to get the GT.

Like we discussed that day up at your place, it all depends on application, personal preferences and tolerances, as what is acceptable for one person may not necessarily be acceptable for another. I think the situation for me was that I was more after a refined, quiet and comfortable daily driver. Don't get me wrong, the Miami is a great motor and I could have rather easily dropped a boat load of cash into it via Blue Streak etc....but therein lies the problem. I initially bought the GT with the intention of having a reliable and quiet new car and not having to spend any money on it...but I didn't. Then just with all the bad luck I couldn't be bothered anymore.

I'll be the first one to admit that the LS2 in my SSV Redline feels underpowered compared to the Miami in my GT (even more so compared to your FG)...but in normal day to day driving it really doesn't bother me, it's got enough go to overtake or pull out into a gap. A Harrop or Magnuson blower kit down the track could easily fix that though, so that's always an option

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoobysGT
Graphicgoose...why don't you silence all the "critics" and put in that Magnuson blower already?!! LOL

The 530KW beast that your SSV will transform into, will give you the comfort and luxury that you require as a daily and provide you with an instant "hands down your pants" experience when you want it!!
Haha, man the Harrop Performance WA demo car I went in had PLENTY of mumbo! 460fwkw FDFI 1900 blower package with their full exhaust (headers, cats etc) and a trans tune and it would have left my GT for dead. Drove just like a stock Redline the rest of the time though, was fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by futura
As kypez said above, I didn't end up placing an order for a set of the Forge Wheels due to unforeseen changes in life at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by futura
Having toys like remote start, blind spot mirrors, self parking are great but these are not going to win any straight line battles.
Winning straight line battles falls hard into the "Things I don't care about" basket for day to day driving. There's always someone out there with a faster car. Personally I thought similar to you until I started living with a car day to day that has all of the above...and you know what, I love not even having to pull my keys out of my pocket to unlock, get in and start my car. Being able to remotely start the car to turn the aircon on during a hot day so the car is nice and cool by the time I get back to the car is a good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypez
GG didnt order a set for his car so all is well. He's a legend for organising it for us though!
Happy to help man! Can't wait to see them on your cars! As I've said in other threads, I've always been a Ford man through and through so I can still appreciate these beasts for what they are (especially builds like Jim's new fire breathing monster!)...they're just not for me. I really wanted to love my GT...but in the end I just couldn't anymore. For some of you guys who have multiple cars it may be a different scenario, but day to day driving I am enjoying driving my SSV Redline a whole lot more. I still love the Miami and the turbo Barra's though...they're both great engines in their own right and a whole lot of fun.
4 users like this post:
Old 23-12-2014, 10:30 PM   #137
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Erm, yeah... Wasn't because of your bushes at all though, so please don't take it as being a defining factor. It did highlight a few things I'd already been thinking about both Fords I'd owned with respects to build quality and design though. As Scooby mentioned in another thread, I had bad luck from day dot with my GT and had just lost all love for it as a result to be honest. It was a similar story with my FG XR6T, although I got rid of that primarily to get the GT.

Like we discussed that day up at your place, it all depends on application, personal preferences and tolerances, as what is acceptable for one person may not necessarily be acceptable for another. I think the situation for me was that I was more after a refined, quiet and comfortable daily driver. Don't get me wrong, the Miami is a great motor and I could have rather easily dropped a boat load of cash into it via Blue Streak etc....but therein lies the problem. I initially bought the GT with the intention of having a reliable and quiet new car and not having to spend any money on it...but I didn't. Then just with all the bad luck I couldn't be bothered anymore.

I'll be the first one to admit that the LS2 in my SSV Redline feels underpowered compared to the Miami in my GT (even more so compared to your FG)...but in normal day to day driving it really doesn't bother me, it's got enough go to overtake or pull out into a gap. A Harrop or Magnuson blower kit down the track could easily fix that though, so that's always an option

Haha, man the Harrop Performance WA demo car I went in had PLENTY of mumbo! 460fwkw FDFI 1900 blower package with their full exhaust (headers, cats etc) and a trans tune and it would have left my GT for dead. Drove just like a stock Redline the rest of the time though, was fantastic!

As kypez said above, I didn't end up placing an order for a set of the Forge Wheels due to unforeseen changes in life at home.

Winning straight line battles falls hard into the "Things I don't care about" basket for day to day driving. There's always someone out there with a faster car. Personally I thought similar to you until I started living with a car day to day that has all of the above...and you know what, I love not even having to pull my keys out of my pocket to unlock, get in and start my car. Being able to remotely start the car to turn the aircon on during a hot day so the car is nice and cool by the time I get back to the car is a good thing.

Happy to help man! Can't wait to see them on your cars! As I've said in other threads, I've always been a Ford man through and through so I can still appreciate these beasts for what they are (especially builds like Jim's new fire breathing monster!)...they're just not for me. I really wanted to love my GT...but in the end I just couldn't anymore. For some of you guys who have multiple cars it may be a different scenario, but day to day driving I am enjoying driving my SSV Redline a whole lot more. I still love the Miami and the turbo Barra's though...they're both great engines in their own right and a whole lot of fun.
I can understand where your coming from. Had a VF SV6 earlier in the year as a company car and really enjoyed driving it. Loved the remote start. As I tell everyone, the VF commodore is like no other commodore. I have driven a number of commodores and the VF model is the best by far.

Hope you still planning on being part of our forum in years to come.
Old 23-12-2014, 10:46 PM   #138
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:

Yes, you sold out! (kidding mate!)

Quote:
I've got 10600 kms on the GTF now in less than 3.5 months. Loving every minute behind the wheel and I know I just couldnt love the SSV. I did test them out but they arent for me. But I can appreciate why you bought it. It is a nice place to be behind the wheel of one. Sadly, we wont have this choice in a few years...
Old 23-12-2014, 10:55 PM   #139
graphicgoose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by futura View Post
I can understand where your coming from. Had a VF SV6 earlier in the year as a company car and really enjoyed driving it. Loved the remote start. As I tell everyone, the VF commodore is like no other commodore. I have driven a number of commodores and the VF model is the best by far.

Hope you still planning on being part of our forum in years to come.
Yeah, agreed. It doesn't even feel like a commodore anymore. I've driven plenty of different commodores over the years, each generally as uninspiring as the next. But the VF is different, it's a nice place to be when you're behind the wheel. That's what I love about it. When I had decided to give up on the GT I looked into what else you could buy for around $60k and you don't get half the features or interior refinement.

Yeah mate, I'll definitely continue to show my digital face around the forum...I like the community here, I've met some great people, been involved in some great things and have learnt a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypez
Yes, you sold out! (kidding mate!)

Haha, man the wheels decision came looooooong before moving on from the GT

I've got 10600 kms on the GTF now in less than 3.5 months. Loving every minute behind the wheel and I know I just couldnt love the SSV. I did test them out but they arent for me. But I can appreciate why you bought it. It is a nice place to be behind the wheel of one. Sadly, we wont have this choice in a few years...
Having been a Ford bloke for so long I can definitely appreciate what these GTF's mean to some of you, and I think that's a great thing and love that FPV did what they did for you guys as a farewell I can still appreciate them for what they are, they're just not for me as a daily driver unfortunately.
5 users like this post:
Old 23-12-2014, 11:07 PM   #140
El Tazo
Dick off, Mr Slattery

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_I6T View Post
Now that the FGX falcon has been revealed is it enough to send off the ford falcon ? Will it be remembered as the Falcosaurus? Brutal performance in a bare bones package?

We know the xr6t and xr8 offer brutal performance but it's also unchanged from fg... (GT / xr6t / xt)

The FGX is a pretty decent looking car but isn't it just a fg in a new frock? The interior looks pretty much the same as fg

It seems that FGX is more about value for money rather than anything new to chew on. Obviously the xr8 is a cracker of a car for the money but it's just really all the leftover GT bits from fg at a bargain price.

Many of the reviews say its a cracking car for the money but it's low on gadgets and modern comforts that other car makers boast about.

I've even read the term Falcosaurus a few times. It's almost like the FGX falcon is a muscle car, big performance and bare bones equipment (relative to other new cars).

Has the falcon always been behind on technology? Is the last car actually consistent with the flavour of the falcon of years past? Big rugged powerful car, spacious, good value, reliable but nothing innovative or revolutionary?

Is the term Falcosaurus appropriate?
I know my opinion in here may not be particularly well-founded or worth as much as others', since I have no intention of buying a brand new car any time soon due to my limited space and financial capacity, but I'm going to give it free of charge anyway!

I grew up with bare-bones cars; when I bought my ZJ it had POWER WINDOWS and I was ecstatic!!! It may be a product of my early experience with fairly feature-less cars, but IF I was in the market for a new car the very last thing on my list of desired features would be "gadgets". I don't care about heated/cooled seats, sat nav, reversing cameras or a 30" screen for a head unit. Nope, my list goes a bit more like:

1. V8
2. Manual
3. Simple and reliable
4. Ease of fitting a decent stereo
5. Can look tough easily
6. Big comfy interior

And so on. May as well put "Be a Ford" in there near the top, 'cause there ain't much that fits in my price range and also has those features except our local cars and the day I buy a Holden younger than an HZ is the day I die inside. I've been in a few modern cars with all the gadgets and gizmos and I end up going "But the sound system sounds terrible and is difficult to upgrade; the seats are like park benches draped in the kind of carpet you find in doctor's waiting rooms; I'm trapped in this little cocoon of plastic; I don't give a **** about how big the screen is or if I can control it with touch OR whether I can control the whole thing from the wheel; and if I sat in the back seat I'd be wearing my knees as a tie." So sounds like I'd buy an FGX XR8 if I was after a new car.

Except, I'd rather pick up a slightly-used FG GT. In my opinion, the FGX looks like someone glued a Lancer to the front of an FG and a VW to the back. Having said that, I don't actually like the FG GT styling much either, but I know I can paint the panda eyes body colour, fit a GTE lip spoiler and some Shockworks gear and I'll love it. Then I'll ***** about the integrated head unit for a while then get over it and just fit a complete stand-alone system that will actually sound good. Then I'll have to do something to the interior plastics 'cause they're crapola...

I'd happily lose all the extra tech everyone feels the need to fit to a car these days for a substantial weight loss and performance improvement. Do you rock up to the traffic light drags with your brand new, expensive BMW, get plastered by a BA F6 with 5 grands-worth of mods and go: "At least I have an 8" flip-out touchscreen and an 8-speed gearbox"? What about when a gnarly Clevo-powered X sets off the alarm on your drop-top C Class as it thunders by? Do you say "Thank god my side mirrors can sense cars in the lane next to me and I can change my suspension settings with a knob in the console"?

No, you sulk all the way back home, listening to your weezing exhaust note, fiddling with the 4-memory pedal height and switching the seats from cold to hot and back to make you feel like your money's been well spent, knowing that all that time that person driving the 10yo F6 has been putting themselves back in the seat and been having a ball with windy country roads? Does it bother you that in 10 years time no-one will want to fix the myriad electrical issues your C-Class now has due to an overly-complex electrical system that wasn't designed to last that long anyway, while that gnarly Clevo-powered X still happily sets off car alarms and it's owners can't keep the smiles off their faces every time they drive it?

"Big rugged powerful car, spacious, good value, reliable but nothing innovative or revolutionary?" "Brutal performance in a bare-bones package?" Call me old fashioned, but sign me up!

(And you can stick that right up your automatic wipers!)

BF Typhoon - manual, bolt-ons, noice tunes, abused every time it's driven

Previous Projects:
Festy - Daily XR4 Grandad's ZJ: Laid to rest Danny's EL Fairmont - Barra-swapped, left home

How To's:
A half-decent 6.5" speaker install in an EF/EL 85A Clevo alternator upgrade
3 users like this post:
Old 23-12-2014, 11:53 PM   #141
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Quote:

Like we discussed that day up at your place, it all depends on application, personal preferences and tolerances, as what is acceptable for one person may not necessarily be acceptable for another. I think the situation for me was that I was more after a refined, quiet and comfortable daily driver. Don't get me wrong, the Miami is a great motor and I could have rather easily dropped a boat load of cash into it via Blue Streak etc....but therein lies the problem. I initially bought the GT with the intention of having a reliable and quiet new car and not having to spend any money on it...but I didn't. Then just with all the bad luck I couldn't be bothered anymore...
I could tell straight away, within 200m from leaving the gate and the car was so quiet (I was expecting faulty install and the sounds of Armageddon underneath by the text you sent me ) that your intent was not to mod the GT into a beast, you needed a dead stock daily driver that had every grain of refinement that only a factory spec car could provide.

But man your GT was so nice and quiet, like I said a carbon fibre tailshaft and tune for 4k and it's would have been 400rwkw of heaven to drive.

No doubt at all the VF leaves the FG behind in drivability, comfort and features, they are a generation ahead on top of having a greater budget to play with, I think the SSV is exactly the package that you were looking for

But you will miss that engine man!

Daniel
2 users like this post:
Old 24-12-2014, 12:07 AM   #142
graphicgoose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I could tell straight away, within 200m from leaving the gate and the car was so quiet (I was expecting faulty install and the sounds of Armageddon underneath by the text you sent me ) that your intent was not to mod the GT into a beast, you needed a dead stock daily driver that had every grain of refinement that only a factory spec car could provide.

But man your GT was so nice and quiet, like I said a carbon fibre tailshaft and tune for 4k and it's would have been 400rwkw of heaven to drive.

No doubt at all the VF leaves the FG behind in drivability, comfort and features, they are a generation ahead on top of having a greater budget to play with, I think the SSV is exactly the package that you were looking for

But you will miss that engine man!

Daniel
Hahaha yeah, to me that was loud and not what I had in mind when I initially set out buying the GT. Those sorts of noises become irrelevant and pretty much non existent when the rest of the car is a beast and makes more noise to cover it, like with the fuel pumps, blower and exhaust on your FG...which is rad, don't get me wrong, but just not what I was after for a daily driver. If I was building a weekend toy, wouldn't have been an issue.

You're 100% right about missing the engine, already do! But for a daily this will keep me happy...for now ;)
Old 24-12-2014, 12:14 AM   #143
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

Yeh Dan (Cat600) I told him to put a loud exhaust on it but he wouldnt go for it. Turn up the radio was another option.

BUT when I drove his car it clunked and banged and that Diff whine was getting real loud near 100kph.

You and I are a bit different we like a loud obnoxious car. I could only imagine how loud you car is as I know my F6 makes all sorts of noises from intake to exhaust to fuel pump consistently buzzing away.

But Dan (graphicgoose) didnt want that . He wanted a nice daily drive. And once he took a drive in my SSV redline he was hooked....

Nizpro equipped and Tuned by the BEST in the west
Xtreme Ford Tuning

479RwKw Fuel limited, more pumps and power too come.

F6#0507 & #0639 Pro racer and Tech expert

NIZPRO modifying falcons like Premcar can only dream of , see VIDEO below.
https://youtu.be/oa4IfguGQ-A

Last edited by arronm; 24-12-2014 at 12:30 AM.
Old 24-12-2014, 12:28 AM   #144
graphicgoose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Key words there being "daily drive" Arron. If the GT was a weekender like your F6 or Dans XR8 then loud exhaust etc would have been the go...but not for just dawdling around in traffic. My motorbike was loud as it had a full Akrapovic race exhaust on it and no cat...and I didn't care coz it was just a toy (that I miss) and only used when I felt like having a bit of fun.
Old 24-12-2014, 12:33 AM   #145
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

If you really miss the bike that much you can take one of my five for a ride. Take your pick....

Nizpro equipped and Tuned by the BEST in the west
Xtreme Ford Tuning

479RwKw Fuel limited, more pumps and power too come.

F6#0507 & #0639 Pro racer and Tech expert

NIZPRO modifying falcons like Premcar can only dream of , see VIDEO below.
https://youtu.be/oa4IfguGQ-A
Old 24-12-2014, 12:50 AM   #146
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

I must be going deaf/getting used to these cars, I only heard diff noise pushing the clutch in to a stop and as far as exhaust goes I don't even think my FG is that loud.

What you would think of the Terminator in full flight! Now I call that loud!

Daniel
Old 24-12-2014, 12:58 AM   #147
graphicgoose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Haha, I didn't mean loud as in crazy loud Dan, but clearly louder than mine was and loud enough to cover driveline noises etc.

When Arron says diff whine I think he's referring to what you reckoned was coming from the tailshaft.

I'm sure the Terminator sounds amazing in full flight!
Old 24-12-2014, 01:03 AM   #148
XR8menace
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
What you would think of the Terminator in full flight! Now I call that loud!

Daniel
I would think how every FI Ford Mod should sound like!

Gotta luv the Terminator, tuffest baddest blown modular falcon there ever was!

Corey
2 users like this post:
Old 24-12-2014, 01:08 AM   #149
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Thread now resembles a chat room. It's run it's course.
Closed Thread