Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 22-11-2019, 10:24 PM   #1
XC50077
Drive'n Cruise'n Live'n

Default AU2 I6 Rough Idle.

Intermittent rough idle, ran Forscan no DTC Code but shows CMP fault. Checked
the CMP resistance with 990 ohms result, this is a little above the specified 800-900 ohms. Despite the annoying idle issue the car is performing well and good on fuel. Have changed out most of the likely suspect items inlet gasket, 02sensor, IAT ,filters ,fuel pump, Reg, injectors, cleaned T/B and ISC. Approx week ago Forscan indicated P0325 knock sensor code and I removed and retightened the sensor in a slightly different orientation and code has not returned. Is the 990 ohms for the CMP acceptable or does it need to be replaced. Cheers
XC50077 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2019, 11:42 PM   #2
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 
Default Re: AU2 I6 Rough Idle.

The spec is 800-900 ohms at 20 degrees C but if it's 990ohms at 20 degrees you need a new one. Resistance generally increases with temperature so if you measured it at 40 degrees C plus it may be OK. Perhaps measure it again in the cool of the evening.
Old 25-11-2019, 11:50 AM   #3
XC50077
Drive'n Cruise'n Live'n

Thanks Blue, I took another OHMs yesterday at 25deg and was 1000 Ohms so ordered a new part and hopefully pick it up today.
Thanks & Regards
2 users like this post:
Old 25-11-2019, 09:46 PM   #4
XC50077
Drive'n Cruise'n Live'n

Ebay cam position sensor fell through cause they were selling stock which they did not have. Went to Thomson Ford who told me the genuine [Bosch] part is discontinued but as luck would have it they found one in their stock. Genuine Ford part $63, eBay aftermarket $118 . Tested new CMP sensor and was identical Ohm reading at 1000 ohm. My multimeter is a pretty cheap item and maybe not as accurate as needed. Fitted new sensor and Forscan is not showing any DTC codes but is showing CMP fault on live data. Have seen some discussion that Forscan CMP fault does not necessarily mean you have a faulty CMP. Will drive car for a few days to relearn as battery was disconnected for 90 minutes.
Cheers
This user likes this post:
Old 17-12-2019, 06:29 PM   #5
XC50077
Drive'n Cruise'n Live'n

Replaced the Crank Angle Sensor a week ago and now DTC P0325 Knock Sensor showed again. Has shown this code intermittently last few weeks. Replaced the Knock sensor today and cleared the P0325 DTC beforehand with FORSCAN. Question is clearing DTC with FORSCAN does this also clear the KAM'S stored information?
Cheers