Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 15-10-2019, 09:04 PM   #2911
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Now this really gets up my goat. Work sacked their dumb buiseness streamlining coach. So yeah, things werent bad, but my boss thought that would help. It just made things less efficient. So now there is a new mob my boss pays to tell the office what to do. So the office, and i love sonja my office lady to bits, she helps me out all the time, sends out this stupid staff self evaluation form thing. But its all answers and no questions. The instructions say for every question x the answer you like the most in the like box and x the answer in the dislike box you dislike. But, and i did email the office who said the questions do come up and they dont, but apparently there are questions. Microsoft excel has been around for long enough that some numpty somewhere can make it do all sorts of weird stuff, but in this case they failed. But seriously, profiling staff to a 3rd party company. Thats almost as spastic as the retard who got paid for the excel spreadsheet. To be fair, i can data enter, but dunno anything about fancy excel stuff, but, i dont get paid for that.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2019, 11:01 PM   #2912
Kicking back

Now, ive riden on the top of elevators. Up 25 floors or so. That i do not mind. Ive trouble shooted stuff with lifts when on top when they are parked on the lowest floor. Workinkg in lift motor rooms for the old school lifts, yeah im apples. But man, leaning out 8 floors up in a lift shaft on the top of a lift today. Its a modern lift so no lift motor room business, its motor in shaft. And im not a lift guy. Getting to the controller to get to the phone line. Yeah i did it, but it was not happy making. 8x 4m = 32m. But didnt die. The fix was stupidly easy. And that annoys me, lift out for weeks.
Old 30-10-2019, 09:03 AM   #2913
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
…lift out for weeks
One thing I’ve always disliked about strata work is the presumption that someone else will report the issue.

Aside, sliced my left palm open cutting out a screen this morning. Yep, I hate that. Now the hair will grow back funny.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 07-11-2019, 05:52 PM   #2914
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Burned my ear with the soldering iron. :(
2 users like this post:
Old 07-11-2019, 06:16 PM   #2915
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Burned my ear with the soldering iron. :(
How did you manage that? I dont mind soldering wires together, but i had a less then joyfull time yesterday soldering wires to those tiny little dots on LED strips yesterday.

What annoyed me today was. I have taken an rdo tomorrow for some things i need to get done. Was getting smashed with work and finally got out on time today. Then i get a call from my manager. There was an urgent call out in the opposite direction from home. So i asked why not call the guy who should be driving past in a bit on his way home. Well, my manager tried that, but that bloke left work a few hours early, doing the sneaky. So my manager has ripped him a new one, and tells me feel free if i want to rip him another new one. What a stitch up.
Old 08-11-2019, 04:15 PM   #2916
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Bought a case of Sprite and Coke.

Went to stack them in the pantry...

What FOOL changed the bloody can design so they no longer stack.

And why????

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2019, 08:09 PM   #2917
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Work rented me a new hiace van for a day. It has speed sign recognition. If you exceed the speed limit by 1kph you get a woman’s voice loudly-
“please follow all road regulations”
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
I can’t work out how to switch it off, Toyota have managed to put my mother in the fkn car with me.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 12-11-2019, 08:14 PM   #2918
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Tried this?

https://www.chrforums.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1864
Old 18-11-2019, 11:12 AM   #2919
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

When you fall out of your ute flat onto the road.

And you’re sober, and not looking at a good sort. No excuses, just incipient uncoordination.
This user likes this post:
Old 18-11-2019, 01:41 PM   #2920
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
When you fall out of your ute flat onto the road.

And you’re sober, and not looking at a good sort. No excuses, just incipient uncoordination.
this thread is useless without video.
Old 18-11-2019, 02:18 PM   #2921
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

It was about so graceful as the Bundy “drop” bear in that ad. Stumble, lose balance, kerthump.
Old 21-11-2019, 03:27 PM   #2922
lra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Bought a case of Sprite and Coke.
Went to stack them in the pantry...
What FOOL changed the bloody can design so they no longer stack.
And why????
Further to that, if you happen to drop one of those flimsy cans from a height of 300mm, they will explode on impact, thereby wasting 30 minutes of your life cleaning up the mess, and negating any pleasure you may have gained from consuming it.
lra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2019, 03:16 PM   #2923
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

“It’s OK, by the time anyone finds this mess, I’ll too busy for making it right. Or maybe even uncontactable.”

Old 22-11-2019, 03:57 PM   #2924
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Service loops.....a good tradie thinking ahead

ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2019, 08:04 PM   #2925
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

People who advertise items high demand yet low cost (or free), you call to be told they are sold / taken yesterday..

Add stays up for a few weeks....

Don't they get sick of the constant calls and messages???

Old 04-12-2019, 04:16 PM   #2926
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

On behalf of my client... We secure premium street parking outside for his 40’ high-cube full of personal effects ex-UK, to be disemboweled today. Freight company arrive with container, park, set up etc and start to unpack.

IT’S THE WRONG BLOOMING CONTAINER.

Seriously, we are lost for words. There’s a major deadline on morning of 11th and this has not helped.
Old 05-12-2019, 07:38 PM   #2927
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

When you give a supplier their own (correct) part numbers and they take 9 hours to respond - poor customer service.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2019, 08:23 PM   #2928
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
When you give a supplier their own (correct) part numbers and they take 9 hours to respond - poor customer service.
Could be worse, i dropped a sample to my wholesaler a month ago. First off they smashed the working sample, second they said next wednesday 3 times, and today they said you cant get that from their suppliers so try somewhere else. Eh? Do a buy in, thats the job of the parts interpreters. Find what i ask or something suitable. Its for a building that got refurbished and modernised 3 years ago. Surely, yeah 3 years in the LED game is a long time, but there should be something. My client has been asking questions, to date i havent had a solid answer, and tomorrow theyre not going to like the fact i spent a month waiting on 1 wholesaler who backed out and have to find another who will come to the party.
2 users like this post:
Old 05-12-2019, 09:15 PM   #2929
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Could be worse, i dropped a sample to my wholesaler a month ago. First off they smashed the working sample, second they said next wednesday 3 times, and today they said you cant get that from their suppliers so try somewhere else. Eh? Do a buy in, thats the job of the parts interpreters. Find what i ask or something suitable. Its for a building that got refurbished and modernised 3 years ago. Surely, yeah 3 years in the LED game is a long time, but there should be something. My client has been asking questions, to date i havent had a solid answer, and tomorrow theyre not going to like the fact i spent a month waiting on 1 wholesaler who backed out and have to find another who will come to the party.
****en kills me this sorta stuff, 9 hours mate not good enough, our target is within an hour but we generally respond to P&A within 15 minutes, our email address is monitored by myself and two of my colleagues, we've all got two screens, emails on the second screen keeping an eye on the inbox all the time.

Another thing that ****s me is business using Australia Post to send things nationally, not on, the service isn't good enough, Capital to Capital nationally should be next business day by 5kg airbag, costs $15+ GST with Startrack (yes I'm aware they're part of the same group).
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2019, 08:32 PM   #2930
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
****en kills me this sorta stuff, 9 hours mate not good enough, our target is within an hour but we generally respond to P&A within 15 minutes, our email address is monitored by myself and two of my colleagues, we've all got two screens, emails on the second screen keeping an eye on the inbox all the time.

Another thing that ****s me is business using Australia Post to send things nationally, not on, the service isn't good enough, Capital to Capital nationally should be next business day by 5kg airbag, costs $15+ GST with Startrack (yes I'm aware they're part of the same group).
Well today, i had to get a new sample of the sr14d lamp that my first wholesale sat on for a month and smashed. So yeah, im not going to say what i said to them, the language filter would be **** **** ****. Any rate i sent the details to my go to. He was up front and said nope. So hmmmmm. Not good. So i did the dumb thing. The lamps are radiums. Theryre the cheap osram. I found on ebay 12 osram same spec, same lamp. I need 3. But i threw it out there buy them all. Well to my superiors. Ive done the legwork. Now i understand ebay sellers doent do warrenties and stuff like that. But we need 3 and there is 12. It, well untill last week, wasnt my job to pretty much source my own parts. But ive done that, breakage in transit the company can factor in to the sell price. But otherwise, other then a building upgrade, whats the option on a 3 year old building?
Old 08-12-2019, 05:44 PM   #2931
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Those generic caravan / trailer / truck aftermarket rear brake / stop / blinker lights that look as though the red plastic is broken and the clear is showing through.

They have this bendy line design to split the 2 colours and it looks like the red bit has broken off after a hit rather than being designed that way...

2 users like this post:
Old 10-12-2019, 11:10 PM   #2932
Kicking back

My kid pulled my line on me. Its my line. No one can counter those words. So, i havent seen him in a while, but we have been talking frequently. Anyrate, a few weeks back we bought new slot cars and they were both identical. So anything that works on mine ill do to his. Keep it even. So i did a few setup things and changed the tyres on mine and sent photos to the boy of the improvements and the car and he was fine. Keen for the same for his car. Picked him up today, and with the different rear wheels, showed him my slot car and he said it was ugly. So i fired back saying he was ugly. Just for some context yes im his dad but we treat each other like brothers and both have a sence of humour. And he instantly steals my line and shoots back with, 'no, im incredibly good looking'. Yes im better looking then his mum, but he got me and there is no comeback for that. So the rest of the drive to the pub we did not speak.
Old 18-12-2019, 08:50 PM   #2933
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Wiped the nose of Povo Ute on my own gatepost, backing into the neighbour’s driveway to continue with her pre-Christmas yard tidy. Will leave a little scar on the offside guard once buffed, but mainly annoying because it flicked the headlight off its already-cracked mounts and displaced it - and I’ll be fixing this SOTR in 40° heat.

I can see the XR6 snout going on sooner than later. :-/
Old 19-12-2019, 07:03 AM   #2934
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Povo's the right name mate, its sending you broke.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2019, 09:01 AM   #2935
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Real povo means recap tyres.
marty351 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2019, 09:18 AM   #2936
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

I think the radials on it are “Dai Yung” brand?

I’ve tried in the past working solidly and just paying others to do stuff, invariably they disappoint.

Almost sorted. Headlight tabs plastic welded on, a bit more persuasion of the offside headlight opening (where it’s been mis-repaired before), bar fitted - just doing splash shield fixings, then grille and blinding panel...
2 users like this post:
Old 19-12-2019, 10:54 AM   #2937
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Employers or HR departments that think this is a good idea.

Last edited by marty351; 17-03-2020 at 11:18 AM.
marty351 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2019, 11:03 AM   #2938
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Cb, Found you a new povo ute, engine mods have been done, new exhaust stack, all ready to go, plenty of spares in the tub.

2 users like this post:
Old 19-12-2019, 11:07 AM   #2939
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Is that the one out near Narrandera?
Old 19-12-2019, 11:08 AM   #2940
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Beechworth this morning