Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 24-11-2014, 04:03 PM   #31
SavVYute

Default Re: Anyone into 3D printing ?

NASA is working on an idea of a 3D printer that you could land on another planet or the moon and it builds a shelter for future space travellers to occupy. Utilises the moon dust it gathers and turns it into cement that it 'prints' into the shelter.
SavVYute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2014, 06:38 PM   #32
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavVYute View Post
NASA is working on an idea of a 3D printer that you could land on another planet or the moon and it builds a shelter for future space travellers to occupy. Utilises the moon dust it gathers and turns it into cement that it 'prints' into the shelter.

Yeah...right, what's your source for that?
zilo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 24-06-2019, 11:53 AM   #33
PAYNE
Starter Motor

Anybody have the CAD drawing for the FG Cup Holder Additional Centre Fill Insert ??
PAYNE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2019, 12:31 PM   #34
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 

I made up a quick design: (I took this photo because I "upgraded" my centre console lid to leather! Those are my clip-on sunnies resting in there BTW.)

(It needs to be printed in ABS plastic or some other heat resistant plastic.)
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2019, 04:25 PM   #35
PAYNE
Starter Motor

Ohh yeah nice work man, did you create the design with trial and error?

Can't find anything online regarding dimensions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonACT View Post
I made up a quick design: (I took this photo because I "upgraded" my centre console lid to leather! Those are my clip-on sunnies resting in there BTW.)

(It needs to be printed in ABS plastic or some other heat resistant plastic.)
PAYNE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2019, 04:45 PM   #36
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 

Download OPENSCAD and generate an .STL file from a .scad file with this in it:

// Defaults for curved surfaces
$fa=0.5; // default minimum facet angle is now 0.5
$fs=0.5; // default minimum facet size is now 0.5 mm

height=23;
middle=81;
drinks=72;
ctrspan=19;
offset=4.5;

module shape (radius1, radius2, height, r2offset, main) {
difference () {
if (main == 1) {
union () {
cylinder (r=radius1-2, r2=radius1,h=2);
translate ([0,0,2]) cylinder (r=radius1, h=height - 4);
translate ([0,0,height - 2]) cylinder (r=radius1, r2=radius1-2,h=2);
}
} else {
cylinder (r=radius1,h=height);
}
if (main == 1) {
translate ([offset, r2offset,-1]) cylinder (r=radius2, h=height + 2);
translate ([offset, -r2offset,-1]) cylinder (r=radius2, h=height + 2);
} else {
translate ([offset, r2offset,-1]) cylinder (r=radius2, h=height + 2);
translate ([offset, -r2offset,-1]) cylinder (r=radius2, h=height + 2);
}
if (main == 1) {
translate ([offset, r2offset,-1]) cylinder (r=radius2 + 3, r2=radius2, h=1 + 2);
translate ([offset, -r2offset,-1]) cylinder (r=radius2 + 3, r2=radius2, h=1 + 2);
translate ([offset, r2offset,height-2]) cylinder (r=radius2, r2=radius2 + 2, h=1 + 2);
translate ([offset, -r2offset,height-2]) cylinder (r=radius2, r2=radius2 + 2, h=1 + 2);
}
}
}

module divider () {
difference () {
shape (middle/2, drinks/2, height, 36+ctrspan/2, 1);
translate ([0,0,2]) shape (middle/2-4, drinks/2+4, height, 36+ctrspan/2, 0);
}
}

divider ();
Old 24-06-2019, 08:14 PM   #37
JasonACT
Away on leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAYNE View Post
Ohh yeah nice work man, did you create the design with trial and error?

Can't find anything online regarding dimensions.
No, I measured the cup holders, added the values in to my design and printed it. It's not perfect, but it was close enough. Actually, if I made it perfect by trial and error, then it wouldn't hold drinks as well as it does, I think.
Old 05-03-2022, 03:41 PM   #38
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Obviously this technology continues to evolve, and presumably get cheaper.

My big question is how easy is it to 3D scan an original, modify it, and print it (or have it printed)?

Or even merge different designs.

I thinking of something complex, like a new Facia to allow say an SZ2 ICC to be grafted into an SY.

And what's the resolution like, especially on complex curves? Stuff that I've seen previously was fine provided it started with a flat surface, but printing something like dinner plate was extremely coarse.
Crazy Dazz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2022, 04:02 PM   #39
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post
Obviously this technology continues to evolve, and presumably get cheaper.

My big question is how easy is it to 3D scan an original, modify it, and print it (or have it printed)?

Or even merge different designs.

I thinking of something complex, like a new Facia to allow say an SZ2 ICC to be grafted into an SY.

And what's the resolution like, especially on complex curves? Stuff that I've seen previously was fine provided it started with a flat surface, but printing something like dinner plate was extremely coarse.
this is the part id like to know
some things you need to scan from one side then the opposite side and they would need to be merged for printing
like doing a fan speed dial to push on to the switch on the dash

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
wodahs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2022, 12:22 PM   #40
FroudeyBrand

So abbit of a mine thread, but anyone got and ford STL links or files, trying to find some stuff to print and maybe help learn printing.
FroudeyBrand is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2023, 06:41 PM   #41
FroudeyBrand

Small topic mine here BUT does anyone have like Ford Falcon related STL or files or links,
Old 24-01-2023, 06:58 PM   #42
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FroudeyBrand View Post
Small topic mine here BUT does anyone have like Ford Falcon related STL or files or links,
Looking at Thingiverse, there a a couple of Falcon related designs, you could borrow bits from one to blend into another.

https://www.thingiverse.com/search?q...&sort=relevant

2016 Ford Falcon FG/X XR6 Turbo you beaut ute
1985 XR4Ti Sierra - Build Thread
1971 Fairlane 500
and... a collection of Jeep Towpigs
and... two collections of rust and some new plastic bits roughly shaped like an F-Truck
and.... some spare metal bits with holes in them

@GasoLane;
Captain Stubing is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2023, 06:28 PM   #43
V8Crazy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

While this threads still up, i'll say i have 2 3d printers, 1 just a chinese one i've modified into a great little printer and another one is a CoreXY style printer i build from scratch my self (multiple heads with volcano hotends, big geared extruder for high speeds, running BTT SKR2 board with silent drivers/lcd screen/all that) and is also a fantastic printer. Flawless every time i boot it up.

Printed heaps of self designed bits and bobs for falcons. Designed up a couple piece's about 2 years ago that fit into the door handle of my BF when it pulled off (like they all do), glued them in and gave me good solid posts to screw into down the factory plastic weld holes. Things been solid ever since.

Thought about redesigning/refining it and selling them or doing repairs on peoples doors with them at once point lol.

Lots of other random bits and pieces around. I would mind trying to scan my FPV roof clock shell and print a new one thats not shattered but its all time i never seem to have....

Really want to design and print a good "under radio" mount for gauges/push button start/etc .....i started the design but again time....
Mods : Capa Vortech V2 SQ Supercharger @ 8psi, 42lb injectors + 2Bar Map, Walbro GSS342 Fuel pump, 2.5" XForce Quadtip Catback Exhaust, 100 Cell Cats, Xforce Stainles Extractors, Complete SuperPro Front & Rear, Whiteline Adjustable Swaybars, Oil Catch Can, Braided Hoses & Alloy Watertank, Volt/Oil Pressure/Temp/Boost Guages
V8Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2023, 06:56 PM   #44
FroudeyBrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Crazy View Post
While this threads still up, i'll say i have 2 3d printers, 1 just a chinese one i've modified into a great little printer and another one is a CoreXY style printer i build from scratch my self (multiple heads with volcano hotends, big geared extruder for high speeds, running BTT SKR2 board with silent drivers/lcd screen/all that) and is also a fantastic printer. Flawless every time i boot it up.

Printed heaps of self designed bits and bobs for falcons. Designed up a couple piece's about 2 years ago that fit into the door handle of my BF when it pulled off (like they all do), glued them in and gave me good solid posts to screw into down the factory plastic weld holes. Things been solid ever since.

Thought about redesigning/refining it and selling them or doing repairs on peoples doors with them at once point lol.

Lots of other random bits and pieces around. I would mind trying to scan my FPV roof clock shell and print a new one thats not shattered but its all time i never seem to have....

Really want to design and print a good "under radio" mount for gauges/push button start/etc .....i started the design but again time....
Would love some stl files if ya have them or thought about uploading to thingiverse or cults?