Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 16-01-2007, 10:13 PM   #91
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Any way ppl...XR4????

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2007, 11:14 PM   #92
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
They don't have a 5x108, it will be 4x108. A misprint. ST160 will be the model name of the rim itself like EA Ghia rims were called "Turboblades" in the ford catalogues.
Sounded a lot like ST170..... and since the new focus' are 5x108 I thought it could be a possibility

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2007, 02:24 AM   #93
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by murcod
It's a feature for when you leave the car parked in a dark place on a narrow road to reduce the risk of somebody rear ending it. Some cars light the tailight on the road side only, others do both with the front parkers as well etc. You'll find no other lights on (eg. instrument backlighting inside) when this function is switched on to conserve battery power.

Piotr - full of useful info once again....
Thanks for informing the mis-informed. :

That's exactly right. It acts as reflectors (however, it's a light... so it's more visible) so that oncoming traffic and cars going the opposite direction can see the car from a distance. A good feature if I don't say so myself.

Of course, it wouldn't sway me from one car into the other ;)

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2007, 02:29 PM   #94
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

I have much better things to do with my time that argue with out guys about how BMW and Mercedes impliment parking lights into their cars. Ok, they are different big whoop
Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2007, 08:23 PM   #95
zing

haha take it easy..

So has ford actually made an official press release that they are releasing the ST or did i miss that? Youd hope so before they go about giving out brochures at dealerships..
Old 17-01-2007, 09:45 PM   #96
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotr
Its called parkers and every car has it
You're seriously a cynical idiot.
Why don't you see past your hatred and of Teki and his car (and Mitch too for that matter), and be civil, and adultlike yet everytime Clio or VW are mentioned you go off on a childish tirade, trying to make Mitch and Tek look like idiots. You've been on with this for MONTHS, oh man!

As murcod (hap'ly) pointed out, the ONE parker illumination thing is a safety feature implemented for the narrow cobblestone roads that are common in europe. You turn the car off with the blinker lever set to left or right, and the corresponding parkers light up.

Growing up the olds had 2 Mercs and a Beemer that had the same feature, so theres further proof it aint no bull. Whoops, sorry Poitr, I just mentioned two other cars that aren't Ford Fiesta's.. My bad :togo:
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2007, 10:40 PM   #97
Sonia

:
Sonia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2007, 01:18 AM   #98
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Danny do you even read what I write? I understand that only one goes side lights up but it is still parking lights only just a different way of implimenting it.

You point out that they are for "safety feature implemented for the narrow cobblestone roads that are common in europe". Well guess what safety feature EVERY SINGLE CAR has had after the 1960's?? PARKING LIGHTS. They are there as a safety feature to show that your car is stopped at the site of the road, originally because street lighting was very poor at the time. They serve the EXTACT SAME PURPOSE. So before you call me an idiot why don't you find out what parking lights actually are.

As for being Civil, You are the only one to have resported to personal attacks so maybe you should use your own advice. As for getting past my hatred, I treat people the exact same way they treat me
Old 18-01-2007, 01:25 AM   #99
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Well guess what safety feature EVERY SINGLE CAR has had after the 1960's?? PARKING LIGHTS. They are there as a safety feature to show that your car is stopped at the site of the road
I know what parking lights are..... Parking lights were a feature to indicate a stationary vehicle while it was turned on. With the lights on meant that the interior lights, guages, etc would be alight also.

The ONE light feature as Murcod pointed out, does just that. Lights up 2 low voltage parkers, without lighting up the dashboard etc inside the car. It is a feature to indicate a stationary car while it is switched off.
Old 18-01-2007, 01:27 AM   #100
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

:lookedat:

:

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2007, 01:39 AM   #101
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Danny why do you not see that they are just a different type of parking light? They serve the same purpose. The reason they have been implimented in this way is because the German Rode Code calls for this type of PARKING LAMPS(This name is taken from the directly from the code) to be fitted to cars.

Also when you are aguing something you usually have a point you try to argue. You guys seem to have none, I only stated that they are parking lights and somehow you feel you need to argue.

This has gone on long and off-topic enough, I couldn't care less what you wanna call them

Last edited by Piotr; 18-01-2007 at 02:13 AM.
Old 18-01-2007, 09:08 PM   #102
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Danny why do you not see that they are just a different type of parking light? They serve the same purpose. The reason they have been implimented in this way is because the German Rode Code calls for this type of PARKING LAMPS(This name is taken from the directly from the code) to be fitted to cars.

Also when you are aguing something you usually have a point you try to argue. You guys seem to have none, I only stated that they are parking lights and somehow you feel you need to argue.

This has gone on long and off-topic enough, I couldn't care less what you wanna call them
No no, You're right. I dont have the German Rode Code (they're a rhyming bunch the wacky Germanics!) handy....

I also can't speak German, so I spose its Piotr - 1, Danny - 0.
Old 26-01-2007, 04:05 PM   #103
ATSEIF DROF

Nice one RedStar, I think I'll save my $10K for now, very happy with the WQ Zetec :-) Hard to justify an extra $10K, got my brand new WQ Zetec onroad for $19K with extras...
ATSEIF DROF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2007, 10:57 AM   #104
Miyagi
fordxr5turbo.com

well done RedStar.. you'll definately have some exclusivity for some months yet
Old 03-02-2007, 02:33 PM   #105
ATSEIF DROF

Sorry guys, my source at Ford says there won't be any XR4's until Sep 2007 at the earliest & they are still not a definate starter, they are taking deposits to gauge interest to see if commercially viable, hence no details or prices...
Old 03-02-2007, 05:04 PM   #106
0xyg3n

No details? The dealer guide that I looked at listed everything about the car and in the back it listed stuff such as dealer training etc and what months they were happening. The dealer training was listed as happening in march. And why listed the May/June in the dealer guide if they recon it wont be till Sept.

I guess they havn't said anything about the price is because they either havn't totally worked all that out yet or they want to leave some details till the launch (When ever that may be maybe MMS). Also if they are only gauging interest why would they provide dealers with cars to put on their ordering systems. They did have a blue ST at the sydney motor show some years ago to gauge interest why would they need to do it a second time.
0xyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2007, 05:35 PM   #107
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Couldnt have said it better myself Oxygen. I spoke to Powerford (sydney) they said XR4 should be appearing in show rooms late April - early May, but obviously things can be delayed, but not as late as september. September is ment to be the arrival of the second shipment..

If its at MMS it shouldnt be too far off.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:08 PM   #108
MeestaNob!
XR5T - Sea Grey.

Gauge interest? GAUGE INTEREST?

If people were any more interested there would be a 'Ford' ward at all capital city hospitals for people foaming at the mouth, whispering "mini Asbo" incoherantly.

Good god Ford, get a clue.
MeestaNob! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2007, 06:53 PM   #109
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATSEIF DROF
Sorry guys, my source at Ford says there won't be any XR4's until Sep 2007 at the earliest & they are still not a definate starter, they are taking deposits to gauge interest to see if commercially viable, hence no details or prices...
In short, your man is speaking absolute CRAP. I've heard from another souce in Melb as well that we're recieving the XR4
Old 06-02-2007, 12:23 AM   #110
ATSEIF DROF

Talking

>>>>> Thought that would get youse going, hahaha : <<<<<
Old 16-02-2007, 05:52 PM   #111
0xyg3n

Got some more news my local dealer rang me before. Ford Euro has asked ford aus dealers anyone that has ordered a car from the first batch, they are now able to have them without strips. Because of the high demand for the stripes in Euro it will cause a delay for the first shipment. But didn't say how long the delay would be. I opted for them to be removed.
0xyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2007, 12:32 PM   #112
ATSEIF DROF

Hopefully they will have an XR4 at the melbourne motorshow coming up in a few weeks time, would like to see one in the flesh...