Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 17-03-2010, 10:30 PM   #31
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbeasty
I had to go and open my big mouth. It was actually 93000km not 83000 but anyway on the way to work the other day I had a clutch issue. Now at the mechanics, gearbox out waiting for the new clutch to arrive. Factory Ford $1900 parts only Exceedy direct replacement $800 so the new owner when I sell it in a couple of months will have a just about brand new clutch. I'm also having all of the suspension bushes replaced at the same time as we noticed that they were all shagged. Putting in Polyflex from the UK so will let you know how it affects the handling.
really? 93000 and new clutch and suspension issues? mines does 102000km's and its all original.
fiestaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2010, 09:45 PM   #32
zbeasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestaz
really? 93000 and new clutch and suspension issues? mines does 102000km's and its all original.
I drive an hour to an hour and an hour and a half each way through Sydney traffic each morning and night. The issue was the thrust race which crapped itself but you can't buy them seperately so needed to buy the complete kit. The thrust race, carrier and slave cylinder are all 1 sealed unit. There was still meat left in the clutch plate but given the gearbox was out I figured I'd replace it at the same time.
zbeasty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2010, 07:07 PM   #33
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbeasty
I drive an hour to an hour and an hour and a half each way through Sydney traffic each morning and night. The issue was the thrust race which crapped itself but you can't buy them seperately so needed to buy the complete kit. The thrust race, carrier and slave cylinder are all 1 sealed unit. There was still meat left in the clutch plate but given the gearbox was out I figured I'd replace it at the same time.
ahh ok that makes sense.
Old 27-03-2010, 09:55 AM   #34
Oscuro

Finally put the stripes on myself, did better job than the "pro" at least they are straight

Oscuro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2010, 11:31 AM   #35
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscuro
Finally put the stripes on myself, did better job than the "pro" at least they are straight

got some pictures of ur work? ur fiesta must look completely different now with new rims and stripes
Old 27-03-2010, 03:19 PM   #36
Oscuro

Pic is in front of you used:
Old 27-03-2010, 05:35 PM   #37
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Pic is in front of you used:
wow that looks good... sorry the pics didnt appear before. sorry..

but yeh looks really awesome... nice work!
Old 29-03-2010, 03:25 PM   #38
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ok so here are some newer pics of my car... got a bit more experience on this forum so i now know what im doing lol...

as u can see put scuff plates on, was a while ago now, but boy they make a difference... also went to pick n payless on the weekend and got a windscreen washer bottle cap as the other one had disintegrated basically. this cap came from a Ford Probe, fits pretty perfectly haha.

next thing to do will probably be to get the buckled rim fixed. only a minor buckle but sometimes can get annoying at times.

otherwise all going well, has 102,000 km's on the clock now, had it for 6 months and loving it!

Last edited by fiestaz; 29-03-2010 at 03:39 PM.
Old 31-03-2010, 07:03 AM   #39
Oscuro

Default Reducing "tractor gap"

Reducing "tractor gap" between tyres and wheel arches is one last mod Id like to do. Would 16 in rim instead of current 15 in have any visual impact? should have thought about this when I recently bought new 15 in alloys then again Im a slow thinker :

What about lowering the car with new coils and shocks whats a sensible reduction to have a visual impact but not compromise ground clearance, safety and other issues like handling and or premature wear?
Old 31-03-2010, 01:53 PM   #40
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Reducing "tractor gap" between tyres and wheel arches is one last mod Id like to do. Would 16 in rim instead of current 15 in have any visual impact? should have thought about this when I recently bought new 15 in alloys then again Im a slow thinker :

What about lowering the car with new coils and shocks whats a sensible reduction to have a visual impact but not compromise ground clearance, safety and other issues like handling and or premature wear?
Not sure if it would make a huge difference... mine has 16's on it...
lowering would make it look awesome, that definately has been on my mind. not sure if i will ever do it though.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:52 PM   #41
Oscuro

Its all a bit confusing. Putting on a larger wheel diameter means lower profile tyre which means a stiffer ride? also larger wheel diameter means car sits higher? which means worse handling? Lowering car means stiffer ride? car sits lower so more prone to hit speed bumps, kerbs etc? All I really wanna do is reduce the "tractor gap" without deterioration in handling or comfort.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:11 PM   #42
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Its all a bit confusing. Putting on a larger wheel diameter means lower profile tyre which means a stiffer ride? also larger wheel diameter means car sits higher? which means worse handling? Lowering car means stiffer ride? car sits lower so more prone to hit speed bumps, kerbs etc? All I really wanna do is reduce the "tractor gap" without deterioration in handling or comfort.
if ford offered 16inch wheels at the time of the WP, then im sure it wouldnt make much if any difference to handling or the ride. i couldnt tell you if the ride in my car is decent or not with the 16 inch wheels, coz one of them is buckled, so my car vibrates a bit at higher speeds. if u want less tractor gap, lowering is probably ur best bet... or then again go 17's. i have seen a fiesta on here with 17 inch version of my rims from the focus, looked brilliant.. not sure if it was lowered or not though.

i doubt it would make a difference to handling. not enough to notice atleast... low profile tyres may make the ride a bit worse, but dont most of the time they provide better grip (proving its a good quality tyre?)
Old 04-04-2010, 08:58 AM   #43
Oscuro

Think Im gonna get lowering springs with a 35mm drop on my standard shocks. Everyone seems to buy Eibachs from overseas so I guess Ill do the same.

Last edited by Oscuro; 04-04-2010 at 09:07 AM.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:37 PM   #44
Oscuro

Ordered the Eiibach Pro Kit from Germany should get it in about 2 weeks.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:44 AM   #45
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

The 15's and the 16's have the same overall height, but the 17's are taller.

Mine has the 17" MP3's and is lowered on Kings springs. I am very impressed with them and definitely kept up with some XR4s on our recent cruise.

Cheers
K&N, F6 Snorkel, Debung, 20" Enix Turbine in Gunmetal, 7 seat rear springs.
Twinpiston is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2010, 09:25 PM   #46
frinik

Guess ill chime in...
Metalic blue WP Zetec AUTO.
65000ks (mostly highway driving at night and a couple trips from Syd to Gold Coast)...
Had it for 3-4 years now.
Had some ignition probs when i first got it but was repaired under warranty
Cracked rear bumper due to minor mishap..
Dents on the bonnet and roof due to Sydney drunktards that thought they could run over the car...
Completely stock...wasnt really the type of car id spend my money on doing up.
Have been considering selling for the last 3 months and swapping for a Stagea..not sure if i should try repair the damaged bits before selling or not...
Its been a great car though sleeping in it is a bit uncomfortable...if anybody wants to buy drop me a msg...im in syd ;)
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2010, 12:38 PM   #47
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinik
Its been a great car though sleeping in it is a bit uncomfortable
i wouldnt imagine its like sleeping in a 5 star hotel lol
Old 12-04-2010, 03:54 PM   #48
frinik

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestaz
i wouldnt imagine its like sleeping in a 5 star hotel lol
Yeah I can sleep in the drivers seat for no more than 4hrs. Fold down the rear seats and you can pretty much fit in the boot as long as u have a pillow...
before you jump to conclusions, no im not homeless...
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2010, 04:31 PM   #49
Oscuro

Anyone dealt with European parts before? Put my Eibach order in on the 4th, they were closed for easter till the 7th now its the 12th wondering when order will be shipped.

Last edited by Oscuro; 12-04-2010 at 04:51 PM.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:24 PM   #50
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Anyone dealt with European parts before? Put my Eibach order in on the 4th, they were closed for easter till the 7th now its the 12th wondering when order will be shipped.
I got my Eibach's from European Parts, as have lot of people around these parts .. never heard of any problems.

Flick Sasha an email see what's happening, I would imagine he'd have a bit of a backlog over Easter ... did you go with Premium Airfreight? .. allow a couple of weeks for the springs to land at your local Post Office.
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2010, 05:35 PM   #51
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My order took just over four weeks via regular freight. In that, it took a week or so for him to get ahold of the parts, and then three weeks in shipping. As Rob said, if you send him an email he normally replies very quickly.
Old 15-04-2010, 08:28 PM   #52
Oscuro

Ive exchanged several emails already, its like having a painful splinter stuck in your finger, order is still pending...pending... next time Ill stick with ordering from UK based sites. Got my side stripes from UK in about a week and a half. Saw Eibach springs on various UK sites for reasonable prices should have ordered from them.
Old 15-04-2010, 08:36 PM   #53
Oscuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinpiston
The 15's and the 16's have the same overall height, but the 17's are taller.

Mine has the 17" MP3's and is lowered on Kings springs. I am very impressed with them and definitely kept up with some XR4s on our recent cruise.

Cheers
Thanks for the info.
Old 15-04-2010, 09:14 PM   #54
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mate the only bad thing about EP for me was the waiting time, as I said. Especially as he closed down the site over Easter, hopefully you weren't a tight *** like me and got the premium airmail freight. It must be frustrating, but hang in there because the site is quite good. Keep in mind he doesn't stock the parts, he has to order them himself and then send them to you. Hope this helps.
Old 16-04-2010, 01:15 PM   #55
InnerDevil
Owner Of The Evil ST

hey there,

I just got my exhaust done on my WP, it was more for sound and slightly better breathe flow than performance, but i do hope to get it out on a track day sometime soon, but its still my daily driver

I got a 4" XForce sports exhaust done with a chrome dump pipe done for $180 for parts and labour

I'll try and take some pics and put up a link to a youtube video
Panther Black

17" Lenso Type M ~ Wrapped w/ Falken Tyres
Pedders Sports Ryder Lowered Springs
St Rear Spoiler
InnerDevil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2010, 04:47 PM   #56
InnerDevil
Owner Of The Evil ST

Ive also just bought some 17" Lenso Type M

all i need now for the exterior is to lower it by a few inches maybe and ill be all done
Panther Black

St Rear Spoiler
Old 17-04-2010, 04:55 PM   #57
Fi.ES.TA

Wheels are lucking good mate,get it lowered and it will look sweet (says me who still has'nt lowered his lol) yeah get a vid on youtube id like to hear the tone ;)
Fi.ES.TA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2010, 05:05 PM   #58
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by InnerDevil
Ive also just bought some 17" Lenso Type M

all i need now for the exterior is to lower it by a few inches maybe and ill be all done
looking real good! the wheels really suit the car well.
Old 17-04-2010, 06:37 PM   #59
Oscuro

Welcome to the WP Devil. Thanks for the pics your exhaust sounds good. BTW Eibachs were finally posted from Germany and are on their way. Floor mats are not the most exciting mod but I recieved some Fiesta carpet mats with Fiesta logos from West Aussie. They have templates for the Fiesta so the mats fit perfectly and dont slide about like universal mats. Also got a genuine Ford rubber boot liner/spill tray from a Ford dealership in Melbourne. Not the most exciting mods so wont post any pics.
Old 19-04-2010, 08:41 AM   #60
InnerDevil
Owner Of The Evil ST

hahaha, thanks, mmm might change my username to "Devil WP"

im interested in those mats u got, could u post pics of those?
also how much where those eibachs? and how much will it cost to fit them ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fi.ES.TA
Wheels are lucking good mate,get it lowered and it will look sweet (says me who still hasn't lowered his lol) yeah get a vid on youtube id like to hear the tone ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsWhnfqTQ_U

but the best part of this exhaust is when engine braking is in effect, u can hear a sound very similar to an xr8, its like a cackling sound
Panther Black

St Rear Spoiler

Last edited by InnerDevil; 19-04-2010 at 08:49 AM.