Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 20-02-2010, 12:08 PM   #1
shroomies49

Default new 2010 fez.. broken! =(

Hi !
I'm new to the forums..

I picked up my Fez zetec (vision) last Wed (10th Feb) it brokedown on Fri 12th in peakhour traffic... I'm not a happy camper.. with less than 250km on the clock!!

Apprently the A/C belt snapped doing something to the Cam belt.. ford has since put me in a hire car... It's going to take approx 2 weeks to fix.. end of week 1 and my engine hasnt even been taken apart.. or whatever it is they do..

*grumbles*

shroomies49 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2010, 12:48 PM   #2
Oscuro

Every reliability survey Ive seen shows Japanese and even Korean marques way ahead of Euros notwithstanding the recent probs with Toyota.
Oscuro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2010, 01:21 PM   #3
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

These things happen, even to marques like BMW, and then they happen to Daewoo as well. It just so happens Ford is in the middle there someone, and they too have issues like all other brands. At least Ford has come to the party, they have given you a rent-a-car and given you a realistic timeframe. I'm sure Ford will fix it, but not everything can happen at the snap of a finger. They'll have a list of services already booked in. Hopefully they fix your car, and you enjoy the rest of your ownership as I have been doing.
Old 20-02-2010, 01:35 PM   #4
mntxr
Jamie is the name

i would be asking for a full list of what they are doing to the car and under warrrty they have to get ford aprroval before any work is done and that takes a good week because if the timing belt has broken it means head maybe coming off because it could have bent vavles and in my mechanical opion if it has less than 250 kms on it i would be wanting another car that hasnt had the motor pulled apart
Old 20-02-2010, 01:48 PM   #5
Fiesta God
Ford Fiesta

Bad luck mate, I really feel for you ...

Unfortunately that's what it is.

A mate of my family spent several hundred thousand on a new BMW ... the engine management system gave up after about 3 weeks, and it did some damage ... he ended up getting another one ...

There are 7000+ fiesta's on Australia's roads, and tens of thousands in Europe, and I reckon yours is one of very very few that's happened to.

Not that it makes you feel any better!
Fiesta God is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2010, 02:39 PM   #6
shroomies49

I'm female.. what do i know.. lol

My car had to go to the nearest dealer when it died, which was Metro Ford in the valley (brisbane), I bought it from Qford at springwood, Qford won't give me a new car, they have agreed to pay half of an extended mechanical warrentt to bring it to 200 000km
Old 20-02-2010, 03:02 PM   #7
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have dealt with Metro Ford in the Valley. Never had any problems with the service dept.
I hope you get your car fixed asap !!
Old 20-02-2010, 05:12 PM   #8
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by shroomies49
Hi !
I'm new to the forums..

I picked up my Fez zetec (vision) last Wed (10th Feb) it brokedown on Fri 12th in peakhour traffic... I'm not a happy camper.. with less than 250km on the clock!!

Apprently the A/C belt snapped doing something to the Cam belt.. ford has since put me in a hire car... It's going to take approx 2 weeks to fix.. end of week 1 and my engine hasnt even been taken apart.. or whatever it is they do..

*grumbles*
I don't know how the fiesta is for valve clearence but sometimes if a cam belt snaps it wouldn't be worth fixing the engine, new engines are cheap and that's probably the easiest/cheapest way for them to go about it so your old one might not even get pulled apart
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2010, 07:00 PM   #9
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Id say they are waiting for a replacement engine. Snaped timing belt = mash potato inside the engine. It would be a boat anchor or a rather large paper weight.
Old 22-02-2010, 02:48 PM   #10
JClarke
Deaf Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegabass
Id say they are waiting for a replacement engine. Snaped timing belt = mash potato inside the engine. It would be a boat anchor or a rather large paper weight.

in any matter of the situation, the new cars are covered by warranty, they should have given you a new car replacement! :
Old 22-02-2010, 02:55 PM   #11
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JClarke
in any matter of the situation, the new cars are covered by warranty, they should have given you a new car replacement! :
"should have" and "have to" are 2 very very different things!

Infact they do not have to give a car whilst it is being repaired under warranty.

If they give you a loan car then you are being looked after!
Old 22-02-2010, 07:12 PM   #12
shroomies49

So update on the car... went in and saw my lil baby in pieces... The Head has been sent away to be fixed today.. when they get that back they are looking at Friday week for me to get it back..

Des showed me the a/c belt and the cam belt.. it looks like the a/c belt was never fitted propery on the pully? It was off on one side and has frayed .. wrapping round stuff and making mince meat out of the a/c cover aswell.. cam belt was damaged.. in turn bending some stuff (pistons?) in the head.

Tenille =(
Old 22-02-2010, 07:35 PM   #13
shroomies49

i wonder how much it will cost ford to fix it...lol
Old 22-02-2010, 07:43 PM   #14
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

surely it'd just be cheaper to replace the engine...

take it too herrod and get some performance valves and headwork while the engine is open.....
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2010, 07:52 PM   #15
shroomies49

i'm wondering if i buy some new bulbs... id i can get them to put them in... lol
Old 22-02-2010, 08:17 PM   #16
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Time for that exhaust from mountune I think.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2010, 08:52 PM   #17
trento
Audiophile

while the engine is out, would you mind seeing if the 2L would fit??? :P

ZOOM ZOOM: 2009 Mazda 3 MPS (2nd gen) 256bhp through the front wheels... hello torque steer!!!
trento is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2010, 11:26 PM   #18
shroomies49

There doesnt seem to be much room in there for a 2lt.. i shoulve take a pic of it >< lol

Hopefully i have it back by my Toowoomba trip in the 8th.. i want to take it up that hill and see how it travels!
Old 23-02-2010, 12:07 AM   #19
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yah, come visit me and we'll have a 'Fiesta Meet-Up!!!!' I'm in T-Bar
Old 23-02-2010, 12:11 AM   #20
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sounds like Ford dont have access to crate engines yet?, there's no possible way that would be able to fixed as cheaply and as well as a new engine. If they have to replace valves and pistons all the labour + outsorce head repairs it'll cost double a new engine. I'm sure the 2 litre is a bolt in deal, should be the same block on the outside
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2010, 12:28 AM   #21
shroomies49

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhilton
Yah, come visit me and we'll have a 'Fiesta Meet-Up!!!!' I'm in T-Bar
Lol

Sure Danny!! :
Old 23-02-2010, 10:07 AM   #22
trento
Audiophile

Lol, I'm heading up to t-bah on the 4th, that hill is going to be mental specially with my soon almost semi-slick contis :(

ZOOM ZOOM: 2009 Mazda 3 MPS (2nd gen) 256bhp through the front wheels... hello torque steer!!!
Old 23-02-2010, 04:06 PM   #23
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I normally chase down other Fiesta owners by following them around and then when they stop run out and jump in-front of them so they are forced to talk to me about their car. Most are very friendly. Having a meet up would make me feel less of a stalker
Old 23-02-2010, 05:08 PM   #24
trento
Audiophile

I'm sure you do danny, well I'll PM you when I'm in Tbah or I could just drive around until you find me!!! Plus I'll be able to show you my bluevisions in person

Old 23-02-2010, 07:35 PM   #25
shroomies49

LOL

Yay ! *bats eyelashes* they will put in the bulbs for me! Just went and picked up some Blue Halogens H1 + H7s from supercheap!
Old 23-02-2010, 09:28 PM   #26
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by trento
I'm sure you do danny, well I'll PM you when I'm in Tbah or I could just drive around until you find me!!! Plus I'll be able to show you my bluevisions in person
Now that would be awesome to actually see those little beauties! Either way I'll find you haha, I've tracked down most Fiesta owners in town!
Old 23-02-2010, 10:06 PM   #27
shroomies49

mmmm... I got ahead of myself.. just ordered some Phillips Bluevisions =)
Old 23-02-2010, 10:39 PM   #28
trento
Audiophile

Bluevisions for the win... although I am considering swapping m low beam for crystal vision... i know they're technically not street legal, but they're so much more bluw white and I doubt the fine officers of the NSW police would pull me up for them

Old 23-02-2010, 11:10 PM   #29
shroomies49

are they the ones that are like soooo bright its like they have bloody hightbeams on .... lol
Old 23-02-2010, 11:22 PM   #30
trento
Audiophile

No that's the Blue-vision's that I've got in at the moment, they're so bright I often get flashed, especially when I have to adjustment set all the way up. The Crystal visions are not quite as bright are defiantly more blue. Although they are not approved for Australian roads. I'll try and post some pics up in soon, but in the mean time have a look at this thred from a UK forum.

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums...opic=5167&st=0