Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 12-11-2006, 04:36 PM   #61
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

He lies on his back most of the time. lol yesterday i got home and hes lying out on the front lawn flashing people passing by
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2006, 04:40 PM   #62
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
He lies on his back most of the time. lol yesterday i got home and hes lying out on the front lawn flashing people passing by
Did he learn from his owner? :nutsycuck

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2006, 04:46 PM   #63
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

lol No comment !
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
Old 12-11-2006, 05:12 PM   #64
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scareybear
Looks like Fords are the only european car that does'nt turn thier owners into F-wits...

P.s I think Ceiling Cat (AKA Fordel) is watching you Mitch..
I really don't want to watch Mitch do what this pic is suggesting thank you!
Old 12-11-2006, 05:13 PM   #65
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
I like Ginger Pussys...
I'll second that remark !
Old 12-11-2006, 05:13 PM   #66
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Ok.... keep it clean chaps no more fighting please.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:34 PM   #67
0xyg3n

Quote:
Here's my main man Monty momentarily managing to make a measely effort ... god damn im no good with words.

Monty hard at work.
Monty hard at work also :p
0xyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2006, 06:23 PM   #68
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default Fiesta XR4

hahaha all cats are the same. weird things. Such snobs too. Like rich girls who drive expensive cars.

Fordel :ymca: lol

Loads of fun :
Old 12-11-2006, 06:24 PM   #69
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Rofl!
Old 12-11-2006, 07:31 PM   #70
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by murcod
Don't you guys ever learn?

Regarding Vtec/ Mivec engines - an engine with the same peak power output using a normal camshaft set up would be totally undriveable for a normal road car. So, in effect Vtec both increases the maximum power output and improves driveability at lower revs which are BOTH important on a road going engine.

Otherwise why weren't Honda producing road going engines with such high power outputs before they introduced Vtec?
That's only true in short stroke, small displacement engines. They lack torque down low, which makes them undriveable, without some sort of crutch technology.

Many high revving, powerful engines, N/A, don't have VVT/VCT/VTEC/Whatevertec yet are still driveable.

That none of them happen to be Honda's is no one's fault but their own
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2006, 07:34 PM   #71
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
Many high revving, powerful engines, N/A, don't have VVT/VCT/VTEC/Whatevertec yet are still driveable.

That none of them happen to be Honda's is no one's fault but their own
I'm sort of confused. Do you mind telling me some High reving N/A engines that are powerful without variable valve timing?

:

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 12-11-2006, 07:48 PM   #72
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
I'm sort of confused. Do you mind telling me some High reving N/A engines that are powerful without variable valve timing?

:
Ferrari F355 - 3.5 litre DOHC 40-valve V8, 375hp @ 8500rpm, 268ftlbs @ 6000rpm

Ferrari F348 GTB - 3.4 litre DOHC 32-valve V8, 320hp @ 7200rpm, 237ftlbs @ 4200rpm

They finally got a VVT style technology on the 360 Modena, which had 394hp @ 8500rpm.

There are also a selection of older Porsches, with 300hp+ from n/a six-cylinders without VVT or sacrificed driveability.

There's also the earlier model M5's with the 6 cyl engines, the earlier model M3's, the BMW M1....

Hell, your 182 revs pretty high, has it even got VVT?

:
Old 12-11-2006, 08:00 PM   #73
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Wops, Yes... should have mentioned I was asking about 4 Cylinder engines that are powerful without variable valve timing.

And yes the 182 has it.

Old 12-11-2006, 08:29 PM   #74
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I thought we were talking about FOUR CYLINDER engines!!!

That's what all my comments were regarding. Of course you can have higher capacity 6 + 8 cylinder engines with high power outputs and more torque down low without VTEC and the like - it's part and parcel of have more cubic inches under the bonnet!

Yes, the Clio 182's have variable valve timing- kicks in around 5000RPM through to just over 7200RPM. But unlike the Hondas 80% of max torque is available at 2000RPM- they don't mind lugging higher gears up hills at all. :1syellow1 It's a lot more fun above 5000 RPM though!
Old 12-11-2006, 09:46 PM   #75
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Steffo... sure those cars are powerfull but how many are in our price range... and realistically there not the kind of cars you would compare to a fiesta... vtec honda (apart from NSX)

Plus as Murcod said, i thought we were talking about 4cyl's.

But damn how fine are Ferrari 355's yum yum

Loads of fun :
Old 12-11-2006, 09:51 PM   #76
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Steffo... sure those cars are powerfull but how many are in our price range... and realistically there not the kind of cars you would compare to a fiesta... vtec honda (apart from NSX)

Plus as Murcod said, i thought we were talking about 4cyl's.

But damn how fine are Ferrari 355's yum yum
Sure, but they all share one thing in common. They're small displacement, short stroke, high revving engines. The only one that I know of that is in the league of those cars from a similar era that has VTEC or similar technology is the NSX. And its the slowest and least powerful.

And yes, 355's are tasty.

http://www.fast-autos.net/compare/?a=27&b=1098

The Honda has 40hp more but a puny 7ftlbs more torque, coming on 300rpm higher in the range, and 900rpm for the power. It's 17 years newer and has VTEC and other technologies the old Porsche doesn't. Yet its got virtually equal torque, its slower and its not that much more powerful all things considered.

Well seat up heads & cams on a dimensionally (bore/stroke) proportionate engine will generally eliminate the need for 'crutch,' technology like VTEC. Now, when you take a well set up proportionate engine and then add the variable valve timing to that... things get interesting. :

:
Old 24-11-2006, 09:37 PM   #77
ATSEIF DROF

I'd suggest the XR4/ST Fiesta has no chance of getting to Oz. Look at the ballsup they have made with the XR5 where you cant even get a test drive let alone a car. Try 6 month plus waiting list. By the way Ford Oz use both 1.6 & 2.0 Duratec engines but the big one is in the Focus (unfortunately).
ATSEIF DROF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2006, 07:20 AM   #78
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I dont think Focus' 2.0l duratec is the same one as Fiesta ST's.... are they?
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2006, 12:15 PM   #79
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Its the same engine but has a different exhaust, ecu and engine cover. ST puts out extra 3kw and 5nm more.
Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2006, 03:01 PM   #80
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Fiesta ST gets the Mondeo 2L, not Focus. All very confusing really.
Old 25-11-2006, 03:19 PM   #81
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^^ but if Mondeo's 2.0l duratec engine is the same as Focus'... then....

(i dunno, are they the same? Mondeo's and Focus'?)
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2006, 08:26 PM   #82
Steffo
LPG > You

Fiesta ST, Focus 2.0, Mazda 3 2.0 and Mondeo 2.0 all share the same 2.0 4cyl Duratec engine.

:
Old 26-11-2006, 03:33 AM   #83
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Actually the ST displaces 1999cc while the Focus displaces 1988cc. But for all intents and purposes they are the same. Parts are interchangeable.
Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2006, 04:19 PM   #84
0xyg3n

Some more info I found. From the post I made here http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=76145

http://www.rally.com.au/home/features/articleid=2256

Quote:
Granted there is a hot hatch version of the Fiesta due next year to align the rally programme against, but from a technical stand point the Fiesta platform is seems a peculiar choice, especially considering the tiny working space to cram a 2-litre powerplant and four-wheel drive running gear into, let alone the narrow track compared to the much larger Mitsubishi Lancer and Subaru Impreza.
0xyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2006, 05:02 PM   #85
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
Fiesta ST, Focus 2.0, Mazda 3 2.0 and Mondeo 2.0 all share the same 2.0 4cyl Duratec engine.
Add the MX5 to that list
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2006, 11:41 AM   #86
Danny
GT4.

Hey Guys,

I have just been told by a reliable source that Ford dealers have just recieved next years code sheets and it confirms that the Fiesta XR4 will be released first quarter of 2007.

Exciting news. All evidence points toward a Melbourne Motor show unveiling. ;) Enjoy.

-Dan
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2006, 12:10 PM   #87
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

I am coming down south to the Melb Motor Show as i have heard it will be there.

What does next years code sheets mean???
Old 08-12-2006, 12:20 PM   #88
photn
AFF Post NAZI

ill be driving down and spending the weekend there for the MOTOR show lol......gonna meet a couple of ppl and i wanna see the XR4.....

see damo. now you can go and buy 1 lol..shotgun 1st ride.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2006, 12:38 PM   #89
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

We should organise a group thing to Melb. Anyways ill make sure to bring a mop for the drool.

Fiesta XR4 will be released first quarter of 2007?? so thats like april at the latest?? Hmm thats sooner than I thought... I bags White with Blue Stripes. Take it and die.
Old 08-12-2006, 12:45 PM   #90
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
We should organise a group thing to Melb. Anyways ill make sure to bring a mop for the drool.

Fiesta XR4 will be released first quarter of 2007?? so thats like april at the latest?? Hmm thats sooner than I thought... I bags White with Blue Stripes. Take it and die.
i remember the last time we got into this... lol......1st quarter 07 hmmmmm that means that shipments should slowly start dribling over......hmmmmmmmmim still concerned on the price. hopefully its 25ish........

im going to weigh my options on this and if i choose to get the Xr4 shotgun Black........and if the stripes are available im going with the bonnet and side stripes....

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post