Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 21-11-2006, 05:50 PM   #91
05MkIIFutura
SV6000. Yum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imolator
Most small car buyers must be idiots based on the sales figures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonia
Most females are clueless.... they look for things like, "is it cute", "how many cup holders does it have", "does it come in pink", etc.
Firstly, these two statements are bloody ridiculous. People are not idiots, it is obvious that you guys chose you Fiesta's on some rational thought, but so does everyone else. Most people (even alot of Fiesta owners who dont sit on FF.com.au all day) would have bought a small car based on other appealing features than you. Just because people look for different features (be it cup holders, its colour or its looks) it does not make them idiots. Most people do not care about engine size and wether the car is aimed at a more "premium" segment (to me small car + premium segment = no sense as I would look for a budget car, but that is my opinion and does not make you all idiots)

Secondly, I still dont understand peoples obsession with sales.

Sales are not always indicator of a cars quality. Ford do not make cars in Australia just to be the number one manufacturer on sales, they do it to make a profit. Now in the case of the Falcon, Ford enjoy larger profit margins than Holden, so sales do not have to match the Commodore to create similar return on investment. I think you are all using sales to justify your purchase. But as said in my first point, you bought what you bought because you think it was best, and just be happy with it.
05MkIIFutura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2006, 06:51 PM   #92
Imolator
Quad Cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperKid
I found that out too. The engine sounded and felt coarse when I drove it out of the dealer. I wasnt panicking since I'm 100.6% sure that the just put in ULP. When it was time for me to fill-up, I used, at the time, Shell Optimax and she ran beautifully instantly!
Then 3000-km service arrived, I asked them to put in Castrol EDGE 5W-30 and new oil filter..... NVH was further improved.
I have bought some Castrol edge 5W-30W myself, if it improves the feel of the engine further I will be rapt. Having said that I'm happy with the way the Fez is running at the moment, vortex 98 had it running nicely and I also installed a set of Ngk double platinum when the car only had about 180k's on the clock. So I suppose it could be a combination of the two. Just for interests sake what spark plugs do you have in your fez HyperKid?
Imolator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2006, 07:24 PM   #93
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05MkIIFutura
Sales are not always indicator of a cars quality. Ford do not make cars in Australia just to be the number one manufacturer on sales, they do it to make a profit.
Do you think then, that Ford would make more profit if they sold more Fiestas?

:

Oh, and I don't think Ford are number one anymore. Isn't it Toyota now? And what does Toyota sell heaps of? OH thats right, Yaris and Corollas... which are imported.

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2006, 10:45 PM   #94
Lagom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imolator
I noticed that in the WQ Fez that I test drove, and asked the Sales guy if it was running on 91ron, it was. When I picked up my fez it was gravelly as well, but after filling up with Vortex98 and the computer learning the new fuel that roughness all but disappeared. Ford are idiots, if I was running a dealership I would make sure the Fez had at least a premium fuel, after all that is what they were designed to run on, and its the fuel that they give their best on.
I only ran them on 95RON and 98RON

As I said, it's not that musical down low, just makes a noise. When wound up, it sounds a lot better.
Lagom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2006, 12:14 AM   #95
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Do you think then, that Ford would make more profit if they sold more Fiestas?

:

Oh, and I don't think Ford are number one anymore. Isn't it Toyota now? And what does Toyota sell heaps of? OH thats right, Yaris and Corollas... which are imported.

Toyota has alot of models in the Top 20, that's why they do so well. They're not that good at overall volume on a single model, Territory is better then most of them, but when 5 to 7 of the Top 20 selling cars are from one manufacturer... and its not their whole model range, they're bound to do well. Where as Ford has what... three... Falcon, Focus, Territory.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2006, 12:39 AM   #96
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
Toyota has alot of models in the Top 20, that's why they do so well. They're not that good at overall volume on a single model, Territory is better then most of them, but when 5 to 7 of the Top 20 selling cars are from one manufacturer... and its not their whole model range, they're bound to do well. Where as Ford has what... three... Falcon, Focus, Territory.
NO WAY. You think? So, then... maybe if they did sell more Fiestas (i.e. in the top 10 as you say) then maybe, just maybe they'd be the number one manufacturer in Australia?

:

And what do you mean by overall volume on a single model?

I do believe they sell heaps of the Yaris, Corolla, Camry and now Aurion models. I doubt their commercial and 4WD range are going bad too...

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2006, 12:54 AM   #97
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
NO WAY. You think? So, then... maybe if they did sell more Fiestas (i.e. in the top 10 as you say) then maybe, just maybe they'd be the number one manufacturer in Australia?

:

And what do you mean by overall volume on a single model?

I do believe they sell heaps of the Yaris, Corolla, Camry and now Aurion models. I doubt their commercial and 4WD range are going bad too...
Looking at an older Wheels (closest within reach, I'm not walking to my room to get a current issue), Jan 06 Top 20 sold cars... there are three Fords, 5 Toyota's and 3 Holden's.

They are as follows...

Ford -
Falcon: 2621
Focus: 1333
Territory: 1104

Toyota -
Corolla: 3212
Camry: 2142
Yaris: 1833
Prado: 1175
RAV4: 1051

Holden -
Commodore: 3551
Astra: 1899
Barina: 1398

Those add up to 5058 Fords in the Top 20, 9413 Toyotas in the Top 20 and 6848 Holdens.

Total for that month was 14,383 Toyota, 11,503 Holden, 7435 Ford. So when you add up all Ford's other models except those three in the Top 20, they're selling another 2377 cars.

And that's because the rest of the range sucks. The Fiesta is a good car which people aren't buying much for some reason. And what else is there worth looking that? Nothing. Holden is almost the same, and their slowly ailing sales show it.

So anyway, what I meant by overall volume per one model is this. Until recently, Ford and Holden have relied on one car (Falcon and Commodore) to rack up most of their sales, and then let the rest tag along and soforth. And when they were selling 6500-8000 of each a month, it was working well for them. But the large car segment drop + lack of model variety, other good models and whatnot has really hurt them, if either want to sell lots like they used they'll need a strategy like Toyota's. Though I can't see what would be appealing about a Yaris, its one of the biggest POS cars I've ever been near in my life, and I drove a Camry 2.4 rental when my Fez was out of action, also a POS. But yeah, Ford has no real variety. Four good cars, and people are only buying three of them, and aren't buying enough of them. Or so it seems anyway.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2006, 01:16 PM   #98
Imolator
Quad Cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo

So anyway, what I meant by overall volume per one model is this. Until recently, Ford and Holden have relied on one car (Falcon and Commodore) to rack up most of their sales, and then let the rest tag along and soforth. And when they were selling 6500-8000 of each a month, it was working well for them. But the large car segment drop + lack of model variety, other good models and whatnot has really hurt them, if either want to sell lots like they used they'll need a strategy like Toyota's. Though I can't see what would be appealing about a Yaris, its one of the biggest POS cars I've ever been near in my life, and I drove a Camry 2.4 rental when my Fez was out of action, also a POS. But yeah, Ford has no real variety. Four good cars, and people are only buying three of them, and aren't buying enough of them. Or so it seems anyway.
Well Ford should well and truely get serious in the small and light segment, after all it will be the biggest growth area long term. And if they want variety they could always bring in more Fiesta varients, there are no shortage of models to choose from in Europe. TheTurbo diesel could be one worth looking at and maybe a price leader as well to compete head on with yaris and getz. That is unless they just want to coast along behind Toyota and Holden.
Imolator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2006, 12:05 AM   #99
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

XT 4 would be good. !!!
csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post