Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-12-2009, 04:34 PM   #241
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
It's funny that... my last 6 cars I've alternated between Ford and another marquis basically because Ford dealers don't seem to like Fords as trade-ins.

EA S Pack, wouldn't trade - ended up in VQ Statesman.

EF Ghia, best offer of 4k when 3 years old - ended up in VTSS with 16k as trade at 1st Holden dealer visited.

BA XR8, no Ford dealer would trade as no-one buys V8's anymore - ended up in R32.

The two Holdens that I've driven into the dealer to trade on a new Ford have offered above market value for them.
Nice fairy tale world you seem to live in.. Ford bashing 101 at its finest.. Either that or your rude and arrogant!!

V8s are easier to sell used then they are new.. Theres quite a market for used XR8s and SS's... To think no ford dealer would put pen to paper on it just makes your claims seem that unrealistic its not funny... bahh...

Last edited by Smoke Pursuit; 09-12-2009 at 04:47 PM.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2009, 04:57 PM   #242
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfiipursuit
Nice fairy tale world you seem to live in.. Ford bashing 101 at its finest.. Either that or your rude and arrogant!!

V8s are easier to sell used then they are new.. Theres quite a market for used XR8s and SS's... To think no ford dealer would put pen to paper on it just makes your claims seem that unrealistic its not funny... bahh...
Oh ok, I must have been in a dream when I was turned away from Ford dealers in my XR8 when I was looking to trade into a new F6. They were really telling me that they would love to do a deal with me because my car is so easy to sell at the peak of petrol prices but I must have misunderstood. :

How is it Ford bashing that I want to buy a Ford and I've owned 75% Ford but couldn't find a Ford dealer that wanted to deal me into one?
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2009, 05:18 PM   #243
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The car yard that we purchased our T3 TE50 from recently had no real idea of what it really was. It was'nt until we had signed on the dotted line that i disclosed the intricate details of the extra's over an XR8. When we picked it up the saleman disclosed that they had done some research and relised that they had priced it too low.
Not to mention the trade in we got for the XR8 which was only $500 off from what we wanted. Took a bit of haggling but we got there in the end.
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2009, 05:22 PM   #244
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Oh ok, I must have been in a dream when I was turned away from Ford dealers in my XR8 when I was looking to trade into a new F6. They were really telling me that they would love to do a deal with me because my car is so easy to sell at the peak of petrol prices but I must have misunderstood. :

How is it Ford bashing that I want to buy a Ford and I've owned 75% Ford but couldn't find a Ford dealer that wanted to deal me into one?
Yeh right.. A car dealer turning someone away because of their trade in.. Maybe a lesser trade in figure, but no no turning away... they are in business to sell cars.. not look like dicckkkheads!
Old 09-12-2009, 05:55 PM   #245
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

bfiipursuit, you obviously have limited knowledge of how trade-ins work. rodp is most certainly not the first person to have a trade-in denied before.

there was a rash of mazda bravos in the late 90's/early 00's where very few dealers would touch.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:00 PM   #246
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
bfiipursuit, you obviously have limited knowledge of how trade-ins work. rodp is most certainly not the first person to have a trade-in denied before.

there was a rash of mazda bravos in the late 90's/early 00's where very few dealers would touch.
Part of my business is car broking...

I have a fairly good idea also and have mates that work as wholesalers in the industry. If we have a car in that we don't want we still price it and ring one of our wholesale buddies who we know will take it..

Just because they dont want it in the yard doesnt mean they wont trade it to sell a new car then fob it off to a wholesaler... It just means you get less for it..

As for BA XR8s typically they dont last long and ive traded a few with no issues what so ever.. But then again i have no idea..

What we have seen alot of however are idiots who walk in thinking their car is worth double what it really is.. Wow i paid $52 kay for my 2004 BA XR8 and now want $30 for it 5 years later.. yeh right...
Old 09-12-2009, 06:11 PM   #247
XplosiveR6
Viper FG XR6 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TE50 027
I was looking at replacing my TE50 with a BF XR6T at the start of this year. Went to my local Ford dealership and found a maroon one in auto (was looking for silver in manual) that they were asking way too much for. After some wheeling and dealing managed to talk the salesman down to a bit more than the change over I was looking for. I advised him there was another car exactly the same at another dealership across town that I was going to look at but unless they could match or better his price I would be back. Other car was in a fairly ordinary condition so returned to the local yard and said that if everything was still ok I'd be in the next with a cheque for him. He said he'd get the car detailed for me and would have a coffee waiting for me the next morning. I paid a $500 deposit and left. Next morning after collecting my cheque I headed down to Ford and began to fill out the paperwork. Just before I signed anything I noticed the changeover figure had increased by $8,000. I pointed it out to him and he tried to tell me everything was how we agreed the previous day. I informed him that we had agreed to a much lower price and that was how much my cheque was made out for. His manager came in and told me that after thinking about it overnight he decided my car wasn't worth as much as what he originally said as it was an AU which is an ugly car and no Ford dealership would want one in their sales yard. Tore up my cheque and walked out. :

Next week found a silver BAII XR6T manual for sale a few hours down the road. Agreed on a changeover over the phone pending seeing the car. Drove the two hours to car yard where I was promptly told he had no intention of making the changeover we agreed on, instead he blatantly told me he said what he had to get me in to look at a BA Futura. After explaining that I wanted a manual turbo he told me to look elsewhere. :

By this time I'm well and truly over Ford salesmen. Happened to go past a Mitsubishi dealership which had an XR6T in the yard. Stopped in to have a look and had a chat with the salesgirl. She was more than helpful with showing me the XR but started pointing me towards a Lancer. After chatting for a while we crunched some numbers and came out with a brand new Lancer VRX manual with pretty much every option I could want thrown in for free for the same changeover I was looking at for the XR. Now I know the Lancer is nothing like what the TE was or what I was looking for in the turbo, and I still love my Fords, but the treatment I received from Ford dealerships (remembering this was when the global financial crisis was at it's worst) compared to the Mitsubishi guys was more than enough to make me switch the vehicle I own. I still miss being able to put down the right foot and go somewhere in a hurry with a sweet V8 roar but I wasn't going to continue driving a Ford after being treated like a complete moron by their salespeople.
So Basically you got sucked into buying a car you diddnt want in the end?
XplosiveR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2009, 06:36 PM   #248
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

A mate of mine bought a xr6t ute for 28000 new after the dealer did a typo.
He put a ten g deposit on it that day.
The next day the dealer called up informing him of the mistake and saying that it is ment to be 48000.
My mate ended up getting it for 28000 because he had signed papers already. needless to say that the ford dealership wont even service his car now
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2009, 06:51 PM   #249
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XplosiveR6
So Basically you got sucked into buying a car you didn't want in the end?
I was thinking the same - XR6T to a Lancer VRX. A 2nd hand EVO I'd understand.
The salesgirl must have had nice boobs
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2009, 07:03 PM   #250
TE50 027
Tickford Tough

Quote:
Originally Posted by XplosiveR6
So Basically you got sucked into buying a car you diddnt want in the end?
No not really. All I need a car for is to get to and from work. After Anna Bligh decided to charge me nearly $1100 a year for a rego sticker for the TE and I was using $75 a week in fuel, the Lancer only costs $600 for rego and $30 a week in fuel. At the end of the day I would have been VERY happy with the XR but once I took my 'have to own a Falcon' blinkers off I bought the car that's right for me. And picked up a severe distaste for a couple of car yards on the way.
Sparkling Burgundy T1 TE50 Build #027 - SOLD
TE50 027 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2009, 07:05 AM   #251
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfiipursuit
Yeh right.. A car dealer turning someone away because of their trade in.. Maybe a lesser trade in figure, but no no turning away... they are in business to sell cars.. not look like dicckkkheads!
Then I don't know what to tell you because that's the exact reason I'm currently driving a VW since a number of Ford dealers did not want to touch a V8 20 months ago (probably close to the peak of the petrol price rises). I'd be driving a Ford today if it weren't the case.

The dealer I went to in Penrith instructed me to look around his yard and tell him if I could spot a V8 in it. 'Nobody buys V8's anymore mate... I can't move them'

VW intimated they would send it straight to a wholesaler, they didn't particularly care about the trade, they just wanted my business.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2009, 12:06 PM   #252
TE50 027
Tickford Tough

Quote:
they didn't particularly care about the trade, they just wanted my business.
Mitsubishi was the same. I got more for a trade in with them that what I could sell my car for privately, whereas Ford offered me only $3,000. Plus all the extras they threw in showed me they were keen to sell me a car not just try and make the best profit out of me.
Sparkling Burgundy T1 TE50 Build #027 - SOLD
TE50 027 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2009, 08:50 PM   #253
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljh74
I was thinking the same - XR6T to a Lancer VRX. A 2nd hand EVO I'd understand.
The salesgirl must have had nice boobs
Quote of the year!!
Old 10-12-2009, 08:58 PM   #254
Antwon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Me and a mate were out looking at cars, decided to take a VS or a drive for a laugh. We were standing there looking at the engine bay and they had cleaned the tops of everything, then down the side of everything was still brown, and we were discussing how half arsed the detailing job was. The salesman comes over and goes *sniff* "mmmmmmm theres nothing like the smell of detailing in the morning!!", Needless to say we were trying quite hard to hide our laughter after that. But oh my god, it was the first VS I had properly driven and WTF, how can they make a car so crap and sell so many?!?!
Old 10-12-2009, 09:22 PM   #255
Falcman0o7
Banned

A car salesman is a mistake. they should be up to date on ever changing specs of new cars and be able to answer your QUESTION! I tend to find i am more educated most times when simply speaking to the ford salesman about new fords! LOL!
Falcman0o7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post