Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 17-12-2010, 09:10 PM   #241
388cube_edxr8
Nutty Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fled74
Yeah they do.

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mell...2575590081FA84

The Holden grille uglifies it.
I know. Sarcasm does not translate well into text. I was implying that Holden (typically) crossed out some other brand name and glued there badge onto it, so they can claim they have invented an "all new model".

That face makes me want to poke it in it's big, stupid eyes, Three Stooges style.
If you buy a rubbish car, what you are saying is "I have no interest in cars." If you have no interest in cars, you have no interest in driving, and if you have no interest in something, it means you're no good at it, which means you must have your driving license taken away.
Old 18-12-2010, 01:58 AM   #242
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by 388cube_edxr8
I know. Sarcasm does not translate well into text.
I was a bit slow on the uptake as well.

Quote:
That face makes me want to poke it in it's big, stupid eyes, Three Stooges style.
Oh, a wise guy, eh?

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Old 18-12-2010, 07:07 PM   #243
388cube_edxr8
Nutty Professor

Alfa Romeos are generally accepted as being quite good looking.

Not this one. It's supposed to be a concept of an Alfa Romeo Fastback Sedan. Apparently this is what Alfas will look like in 2017. Whilst I can accept that vehicle design cues change over the years, I could never bring myself to spend mone on something as catastrophically ugly as this:

I think it looks like someone shat in a wetsuit.
If you buy a rubbish car, what you are saying is "I have no interest in cars." If you have no interest in cars, you have no interest in driving, and if you have no interest in something, it means you're no good at it, which means you must have your driving license taken away.
Old 18-12-2010, 07:54 PM   #244
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
I think it looks like someone shat in a wetsuit.
A very adequate description!!!
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Old 18-12-2010, 11:46 PM   #245
Blem
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I saw a P76 station wagon a few weeks ago. This had to be seen. I took a triple look.
Ugly & you couldn't fit a 44gallon drum in it !
Old 19-12-2010, 12:12 AM   #246
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Toyota Rukus
Toyota Corolla sedan
Tarago
Avensis
Commodore Omega
Alfa Romeos
For a long time, Mercedes
Honda Accord looks retarded at the back
Daewood Matiz
Hyundai Getz
A few of the Peugeots

For some, I actually believe that the look of the car is irrelevant. All that matters is the badge, and the price they paid so that they can run off to their ****y friends and show off their overpriced car and be the envy of them all for about 3 seconds, until they all go off and get a more expensive car to outdo them.
In the end, they have to settle in just being 'better' than the neighbours, who own a crappy Australian-built heap of junk that they only paid $45,000 for and only has a Ford badge...oh, the dishonour!

Don't snap my undies.
Old 19-12-2010, 12:18 AM   #247
Blem
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
Toyota Rukus
Toyota Corolla sedan
Tarago
Avensis
Commodore Omega
Alfa Romeos
For a long time, Mercedes
Honda Accord looks retarded at the back
Daewood Matiz
Hyundai Getz
A few of the Peugeots

For some, I actually believe that the look of the car is irrelevant. All that matters is the badge, and the price they paid so that they can run off to their ****y friends and show off their overpriced car and be the envy of them all for about 3 seconds, until they all go off and get a more expensive car to outdo them.
In the end, they have to settle in just being 'better' than the neighbours, who own a crappy Australian-built heap of junk that they only paid $45,000 for and only has a Ford badge...oh, the dishonour!
Just a few issues
Old 19-12-2010, 12:28 AM   #248
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blem
Just a few issues
I don't like people that strive for status through their car.

I was behind what I believe to be an idiotic Chinese woman (and please note - my best mate is Malaysian, and one of my best girlfriends ever was Oriental) in a Mercedes CLS (which I really like!) going at 40 in a 60 zone, and taking about 20 seconds to turn her steering wheel to the right to drive into her street...

For me, a car like that is to be enjoyed for what it is. She has the car not because she has any appreciation of the car itself. She was all about the badge and the price.

What a waste.

Don't snap my undies.
Old 19-12-2010, 12:38 AM   #249
GreenR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^ haha so true. The amount of times I see some random Asian lady driving top class Mercedes. But clearly do not belong in one (ie driving position with their head barely making it over the steering wheel only to have a worried look constantly while driving, speed, driving skill, or external damage! etc) and think what the hell.

The wealthy Asians drive Mercedes. All the others drive Camry's. I really don't get it
Old 19-12-2010, 12:43 AM   #250
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

But the CLS entered my mind because it has been nominated in this thread.

For a long time I've found Mercedes absolutely repulsive, but I must admit that they are getting better...the CLS looks alright.

I'll never have people kiss my backside because of the car I own, and whether it's good looking or not, I really don't care what anybody else thinks...I'll enjoy it for my own reasons.

Don't snap my undies.
Old 19-12-2010, 02:36 AM   #251
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

AH OH!

But, I mean, seriously, did the then remastered re-release of Star Wars inspire this GT?
Old 19-12-2010, 08:39 AM   #252
SSD-85
Donating Member
Donating Member1

^^ John Bowe mustve been a Star Wars fan.
Old 19-12-2010, 10:59 AM   #253
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

If childish comments are not enough, now we rip into one of our own classics (offending every owner on the forum in the process).

This one can go to bed.
Closed Thread