Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-11-2012, 07:01 PM   #31
robbyj
Rob

Default Re: Chevy Commodore Vs FPV Falcon Badges

Its a petty hate of mine seeing commodore's badged as chevs. WHYYYY!!?!?

Having said that, i have x2 tickford badges on my Non tickford AU. I have tickford 17's with the tickford logo in the center caps. But i like to think iv modified the car enough to warrant the badges.
robbyj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2012, 08:03 PM   #32
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I dont have a problem with HSV/HDT badges being put on commodores. I dont have a problem with FPV or tickford badges on falcons because there the same thing.
flooded one is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2012, 08:45 PM   #33
Angeldust

well im glad they do it, otherwise they would be putting hsv badges on, and you would see heaps of crappy kitted v6 hsv's getting around, devalueing the real product

Z series Clubsport HRT edition..
e46 320ci 2.2ltr Stocko
Angeldust is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2012, 08:50 PM   #34
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Like those who said they feel sorry for those with Chev on Holdens, I feel sorry for those that are too worried about being individual or doing something a little bit different for fear they wont be accepted or someone else might not approve? Stuff them. Why do things just to please others rather than just doing things to please themselves?

Of course I like people to say nice things about my car but have also heard people say stuff that I can chuckle at.

Chev badges are good for a chuckle. Love the Terri with the Cobra stripes by the way. Shows you enjoy your car enough to think about doing something to be that little bit different rather than drive a stock white Terri.

Do those who bag others individuality also laugh at a 71 Falcon 500 done up as a GT?

Car scene would be pretty damn boring hey?

Of course some are done where I absolutely cringe at the result but ...... not my car ..... not my taste ..... and so why would I really care?

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2012, 10:15 PM   #35
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevanford
Just as ridiculous as Chevy badges on Holdens IMO.
Same company.
And people were doing it in the 70's and 80's
MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2012, 10:29 PM   #36
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Last week I saw a Chevrolet Holden Calais Clubsport VT.

Had the Holden badge on the bootlid, above a Chevrolet boot infill ( between the taillights ), Calais badges and a Clubsport rear bar. The poor thing didn't know what it was.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 02-11-2012, 10:33 PM   #37
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I find it silly that SV6 owners put Chevy badges on their cars... but hey it's their choice and none of my business.

I've seen some AWFUL cars in my time and if a badge is the worst they're going to do I say give them a hall pass on this one.

FPV badges on a Ford? Sure, why not, after all it's just a very tarted up version of one. In all honesty, as long as someone isn't trying to defraud someone or making it out to be the genuine article who gives a toss.

That's not to say I don't find the chevy badge thing hilarious. May as well start sticking Volvo badges on the XR5
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2012, 10:36 PM   #38
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Funnily enough, the Barina I saw with Chev badges the other day has more right to them than a Commodore.

This is the Chevrolet Aveo.

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2012, 10:37 PM   #39
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sookie Lala's
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2012, 10:46 PM   #40
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Still waiting for the day when someone sticks a Jaguar or Land Rover badge on a diesel Territory.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2012, 11:03 PM   #41
weairy
Piston Broke

Must admit, I HATE seeing the Chev badges on V6 Commos. But that's because most of the people I know of who do that are ******* and like to think that the badges add 100hp so that they're driving a high performance Commodore (3.6lt of Alloytec Power House).

I'm a little bit the same about FPV badges, but at least they're the same company.

I personally have chrome XR badges in place of my Ford badges.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:18 PM   #42
Chopped
as in chopped

I have a feeling that Holden exported V6 Chevy Luminas to the UAE ?! (re-badged commodores)

There is a Toyota RAV4 in our neighbourhood with big Ralliart stickers on it.
There is also a Ssangyong Chairman badged as a Merc S600
Old 02-11-2012, 11:38 PM   #43
nstg8a

Where that pics of the gtr wearing hsv decals? And I'm not talking about a torana
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2012, 12:50 AM   #44
4.0i OHC
Computer Torque Control

Not quite as bad as the Ford Econovan I once saw with a Merc badge on the tailgate. The owner didn't even bother to take the original Ford badge off!
4.0i OHC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2012, 01:38 AM   #45
XRturbo69

One thing i hate is when people put XR8 bonnets on their commodores. I've only seen them popping up fairly recently and facepalm HARD when i do...
XRturbo69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2012, 01:54 AM   #46
XRGhia
meh.
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Contributions in the technical arena. 

Tickford and an XR badge on an EF GLi... Oh no, What have I done?!?!?

/facepalm
Old 03-11-2012, 01:59 AM   #47
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I just put a "GT" badge (a correct Toyota Celica one from a classic spares place in America) on the back of my 1982 Celica to replace the "XT" badge. Australia for some reason didn't do what the rest of the world did with that model Celica and have models designated GT and GT-S...here they were badged XT and ST...no idea why. The RA60-era GT badge looks heaps better than a meaningless "XT" and is, technically, the "correct" badge for that model.
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2012, 08:18 AM   #48
aualright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai_Chris
I spent over 10 years living in Japan. It has only been in recent years that Toyota has opened up Lexus dealerships, so all of the Lexus vehicles you got here and around the world were simply top of the line Toyota Badged vehicles. I had a Toyota Windom Lexter (Lexus ES300). And it was badged a Toyota. My brother-in-law used to work in the factory they were made, and at one point, all cars come to one point. The ones to be branded Lexus went in one direction, and the others went to the Toyota branding. Now that they have started selling Lexus in Japan, Toyota is now only left with the Crown and Mark-X as their flagship vehicles.

As for now. I drive a 2010 a white Ford Territory with blue gt stripes and a cobra sticker.. Any idiot knows there is no Terri Cobra. But as an American Ford fan, I like the Cobra heritage of Ford.. I don't care what people think in all honesty.. plus, I feel that mine is subtle...
Yep - bought a IS200 in 2002 and the engine bay had toyota all through it.

I for one can understand why a GM enthusiast would put a Chev badge on their car. They don't look half bad if you ask me - certainly better than any Holden badge over the years. It is iconic just like our beloved Ford badge.

aualright is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2012, 10:06 AM   #49
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't really see it as the same thing. an FPV is still a falcon just an enhanced one . a commodore is not a chevy. I personally think FPV or tickford badges belong on the correct cars only but using incorrect FPV badges is only pretending your falcon is quicker not that it is a different make and model

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2012, 11:00 AM   #50
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson105
Ok so I know I'm probably going to get ripped apart for this but here goes, and apologies if this has been done b4 :(

Everybody always seems to whinge (not on this forum) about the ammount of people who put chev badges on holdens. I personally think its stupid to not support your "own brand". So does anybody else feel the same way about the people who dress up there falcons with fpv badging, striping, decals, "v8 bonnents" ( when not v8), fpv starter button etc, etc, etc. When I got the GS I didnt realize at the time that the fg range were branded with fpv badging. Dont get me wrong I love the badges but also love the Ford ones aswell. So FPV owners does this annoy you or not? Do you think it devalues the brand??

Only FPV owners get bent out of shape about it. They seem to forget their cars still come off the same production line as a taxi! lol

Tickford owners on the other hand don't have the same problem. We are worse!

Signed,
Debadged Tickford owner!
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2012, 12:13 PM   #51
zakjames

As others have said, It only really erks me when it just simply doesn't make sense; like in some situations when you get a Chev badged SV6, though I simply ended up in tears of laughter when I saw a Captiva covered in Chev gear.
zakjames is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2012, 12:14 PM   #52
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Im going to put some Mercedes badges on my car, including the raised hood ornament.
Its chassis is based off the previous model Eclass. Therefore I pretty much own a Mercedes.
Ill stick a few AMG badges on there too. AMG wheels. AMG floor mats, Mercedes steering wheel, Mercedes body kit, E class users manual in the glove box.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2012, 12:15 PM   #53
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by weairy
Must admit, I HATE seeing the Chev badges on V6 Commos. But that's because most of the people I know of who do that are ******* and like to think that the badges add 100hp so that they're driving a high performance Commodore (3.6lt of Alloytec Power House).

I'm a little bit the same about FPV badges, but at least they're the same company.

I personally have chrome XR badges in place of my Ford badges.
Thats a nice touch, and its and XR so it fits well

I went from XR5 Turbo badges on doors and rear to ST 1/4 panel badges and ST on hatch and grill. Also have a 'Volvo Inside' sticker on the rear window, i like it so thats all i care about.

Still has XR5 Turbo on the door sill plates
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2012, 02:33 PM   #54
Vekgib

I'm currently adding Ghia touches to my ute.Adding a big screen ICC.Remote fuel cap release.A-pillar tweeters.Fog lights etc etc etc.But there won't be a Ghia badge on it because it will always be an XLS, just with my personal treatments.So, I guess I'm not a fan of FPV badging on non-FPV cars.
Different strokes for different folks.

Stuff this,I'm going to play a few shots & see what happens.
Vekgib is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2012, 04:01 PM   #55
superfly
Go the Hogster!

Who cares. As long as the owner likes it, that's all that matters. Everyone else will either laugh, give it the thumbs up or couldn't give 2 hoots about it.

Personally I think big chromies and cars dumped to the ground looks waaaay more dumb than some badges.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:08 PM   #56
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

people only do it because they are trying to fool people into thinking their car is something it is not - it has nothing to do with personal preferance

that is why my coupe has a gt and ltd badge on it - i am trying to fool people into thinking mine is the gt landau that placed 3rd in the 77 great race

and that is why i have so much red in my interior - i figure if i have heaps of red in it, then everyone will believe that it was a pepper red car from factory. i would die if anyone knew that it was mushroom biege and it was just a fairmont - they being model #67, not #66

trying to fool people is the sole reason my car looks like my car and no one else's car
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2012, 08:15 PM   #57
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73
Im going to put some Mercedes badges on my car, including the raised hood ornament.
Its chassis is based off the previous model Eclass. Therefore I pretty much own a Mercedes.
Ill stick a few AMG badges on there too. AMG wheels. AMG floor mats, Mercedes steering wheel, Mercedes body kit, E class users manual in the glove box.
Ssangshlong?
mike_nofx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2012, 03:13 AM   #58
Scradley6666

Here's one tonight I found at work... Thought of this thread and had to take a photo... Hahaha

It's also got an SS badge on it, but seeing though as its a green P platers car in Melbourne, I suspect this is not the case...

Out with the old:
2006 BF XR8 Falcon - 240RWKW
Difilippo Headers, Magnaflow 200CPSI Cats, X-Force Quad Stainless Exhaust, BPR CAI, ZF 6 SPD, Tuned by CV Performance!

In with the new:
2009 FG XR6 Turbo Falcon - Stock as a rock (but not for long)
EGO Colour with premium audio and ZF 6 SPD
Scradley6666 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2012, 10:29 AM   #59
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Chev badges make your Commodore unique... Like every other P platers Commodore.
mike_nofx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2012, 10:44 AM   #60
Samurai_Chris

After thinking about the subject over the last few days. I honestly don't care.. If anything, I actually hate the Holden badge. A Lion playing with a ball? WTF

Nah, let them do what they want. Holden is American now, so who cares.. I don't know why they keep the branding and join the rest of the world and just call themselves Chev.. I am against our Govt propping up any car company (Ford included) so just re-brand already!!

Ford has and always will be American, so no surprises there.. So not so much a problem.. But Holden annoys me....

2011 Ford Focus Lw MkI Sport Sedan (Blew up)
2011 Ford Focus Lw MkI Trend Hatch (Two gear box's later)
2007 Toyota Camry Sportivo (Nice to have a reliable car again)

Last edited by flappist; 04-11-2012 at 04:41 PM. Reason: do not circumvent the swear filter, it will bite you
Samurai_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post