Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-08-2006, 10:30 PM   #61
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb
Have you guys seen these?

the sedan is barable but OMG look at the uses and wagons...

http://www.cgiautomotive.com/cars/ho...omegawagon.htm
http://www.cgiautomotive.com/cars/holden-vessute.htm
Obvious photoshops. The wagon will definately be longer than that, as that looks like a hatchback. My guess is that the ute will continue a similar theme to the VU-VZ in the way the back of the cabin smoothly curves into the tray, but obviously the body will be all new.

Daily 2010 FG XR50T ute - Lightning Strike
6 speed manual, XR8 bonnet, hardlid, Streetfighter airbox

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2006, 10:40 PM   #62
Jock260
Cast Iron fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30487256
Saw the VE at the dealership a few days ago. The build quality is amazing! The interior in the base model omega is great... give credit where credit is due.

i'll second that
Old 26-08-2006, 10:53 PM   #63
XD ESP! XELR8
ESP5 + BOOST

Default Boot em off!!!

I,m sure you wouldnt here "ONE" word in the LS1 or holden forum talking about the New ford,s lol LONG LIVE THE FORDS :
XD ESP! XELR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2006, 10:53 PM   #64
macca_779
Turbine Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by ea_silver_ghia
Obvious photoshops. The wagon will definately be longer than that, as that looks like a hatchback. My guess is that the ute will continue a similar theme to the VU-VZ in the way the back of the cabin smoothly curves into the tray, but obviously the body will be all new.
The name of the website kind of gives away that its a CGI image.
macca_779 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2006, 11:17 PM   #65
xdclevo
The Fun Mobile

Pretty boring subject really. Probably why i don't look in this section much. Carry on.
2V powahhhhh
xdclevo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2006, 11:24 PM   #66
Aeron
DJR Fan

I just watched the TV show (on Tape) and I have to say, the VE Commodore is the best built and designed Aussie car ever. Sorry Ford :(
EC 1:51.283
WP 1:10.190

Me Drifting on the Skid Pan **Video**
Aeron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2006, 11:35 PM   #67
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Having seen the VE in flesh I can definately say if I had the money I'd probably buy an SS, but its expensive enough filling up the WRX lol. The one I saw was a SV6. The guy that comes in to my work, works for Holden so I can't wait for him to bring an SS around.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2006, 11:46 PM   #68
XR8-260
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would get the SSV 6speed auto in about 4 years time... unless ford can come up with somthing faster! Gotta love that 270kw grunt and sexcy quad exhaust syst...
XR8-260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2006, 11:48 PM   #69
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I would get the SSV 6speed auto in about 4 years time... unless ford can come up with somthing faster! Gotta love that 270kw grunt and sexcy quad exhaust syst...
Auto? Get a manual lol
Old 26-08-2006, 11:59 PM   #70
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think there are going to be a lot long faces in the Ford camp real soon.... I'll put money on the Clubsport R8 to be faster then the F6 around what ever track the journos to the comparo at...... I also believe the SS will come extremely close to the F6, or may just beat it around the track. But I cant see the standard brake package or even the upgraded brakes being up to the task, and that will be the only factor that will allow the F6 have a chance to take the win...... Regarding Either the XR6, XR8 and the GT/P... I doubt any will stand a chance against the SS or HSV line up.......

Unfortunantly, on the track the Ford/FPV line up will be done and dusted....

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2006, 11:59 PM   #71
XR8-260
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
Auto? Get a manual lol
lol i can't drive manual... cough cough (embrassment). With the 6-speed auto and stacks of torque there shouldn't be much difference in acceleration
Old 27-08-2006, 12:02 AM   #72
XR8-260
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba
I think there are going to be a lot long faces in the Ford camp real soon.... I'll put money on the Clubsport R8 to be faster then the F6 around what ever track the journos to the comparo at...... I also believe the SS will come extremely close to the F6, or may just beat it around the track. But I cant see the standard brake package or even the upgraded brakes being up to the task, and that will allow the F6 have a chance.... Regarding Either the XR6, XR8 and the GT/P... I doubt any will stand a chance against the SS or HSV line up.......
Tis' true... i heard the R8 can accelerate from 0-100 in less than 5 sec. Whether that is claimed or actually tested I don't know - but its damn damn fast!!! I would spend the 75K any day over some under powered german prestige car.
Old 27-08-2006, 12:14 AM   #73
XD ESP! XELR8
ESP5 + BOOST

Default Last Time

Quote:
I think there are going to be a lot long faces in the Ford camp real soon.... I'll put money on the Clubsport R8 to be faster then the F6 around what ever track the journos to the comparo at...... I also believe the SS will come extremely close to the F6, or may just beat it around the track. But I cant see the standard brake package or even the upgraded brakes being up to the task, and that will be the only factor that will allow the F6 have a chance to take the win...... Regarding Either the XR6, XR8 and the GT/P... I doubt any will stand a chance against the SS or HSV line up.......

Unfortunantly, on the track the Ford/FPV line up will be done and dusted....
If the Typhoon had "Pirellis" on them like the DTS Cluby had lol the Typhoon would have mashed it not just smashed it and the DTS isnt slow at all...yeah the new VE is nice but you cant even compair them!(wait till 08 and yeah lets see)
XELR8
Old 27-08-2006, 12:15 AM   #74
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XD ESP! XELR8
I,m sure you wouldnt here "ONE" word in the LS1 or holden forum talking about the New ford,s lol LONG LIVE THE FORDS :
What's wrong with respecting the dark side.. If we just stuck our heads in the sand and pretend thay arn't there, we would still driving XE's...

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 27-08-2006, 12:22 AM   #75
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
If the Typhoon had "Pirellis" on them like the DTS Cluby had lol the Typhoon would have mashed it not just smashed it and the DTS isnt slow at all...yeah the new VE is nice but you cant even compair them!(wait till 08 and yeah lets see)
XELR8
Mate the VE would still hand the F6 it's back side regardless if it had Pirellis or not..... The way the VE has been designed it will out corner any of the Ford that are on offer at the moment... Just look at the VE.. Check how little the nose is canter-leverd over the front wheels, And the same for the rear. then you have a body that is slightly narrower then the wheel track. All the make a very stable and predictable car to punt around the track....
Oh and it has a near 50/50 weight ratio.. I carn't recall the F6 weight ratio, but I very much doubt it would be near 50/50..

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 27-08-2006, 12:27 AM   #76
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

No all FPV vehicles are 50/50

50% chance that your Dealership will screw you over at some stage, and a 50% chance that they will void your warranty if they even think you tried to utilise the power.
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2006, 12:33 AM   #77
XD ESP! XELR8
ESP5 + BOOST

Quote:
Mate the VE would still hand the F6 it's back side regardless if it had Pirellis or not..... The way the VE has been designed it will out corner any of the Ford that are on offer at the moment... Just look at the VE.. Check how little the nose is canter-leverd over the front wheels, And the same for the rear. then you have a body that is slightly narrower then the wheel track. All the make a very stable and predictable car to punt around the track....
Oh and it has a near 50/50 weight ratio.. I carn't recall the F6 weight ratio, but I very much doubt it would be near 50/50..
Look did the F6 (SIX CYLINDER) Mash a DTS Cluby Yes! that has all readdy been done right? the VE came out this month? have you got any "REAL" anything on the VE or that you have read up and watched show,s on it. The VE is one wicked looking and fast aussie machine and yeah it will be real fast buts thats Holdens "NEW" model and we can only be fare the F6 is the first Aussie car to get to 550nm right? whats the VE now 550nm gee wonder why? anyway I have said unuff go the fords all the way.........
Old 27-08-2006, 01:01 AM   #78
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
lol i can't drive manual... cough cough (embrassment). With the 6-speed auto and stacks of torque there shouldn't be much difference in acceleration
True that I spose. Personal opinion really. Well mate if you're anything like me and you want something bad enough you will get it. Perhaps you will be one of the few on here that gets a VE. Best of luck with your endevours!
Old 27-08-2006, 01:26 AM   #79
XR8-260
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
True that I spose. Personal opinion really. Well mate if you're anything like me and you want something bad enough you will get it. Perhaps you will be one of the few on here that gets a VE. Best of luck with your endevours!
I will try to say away from the dark side... But if the VE is really the better car for the money then it going to be difficult. lol
Old 27-08-2006, 01:30 AM   #80
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I will try to say away from the dark side... But if the VE is really the better car for the money then it going to be difficult. lol
Mate I have always have been all for Holden, but yet I have a TX5 Ghia and now a WRX. Buy what suits you. If your particularly loyal to one brand you could potentially sell your self short.
Old 27-08-2006, 10:30 AM   #81
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Look did the F6 (SIX CYLINDER) Mash a DTS Cluby Yes! that has all readdy been done right? the VE came out this month? have you got any "REAL" anything on the VE or that you have read up and watched show,s on it. The VE is one wicked looking and fast aussie machine and yeah it will be real fast buts thats Holdens "NEW" model and we can only be fare the F6 is the first Aussie car to get to 550nm right? whats the VE now 550nm gee wonder why? anyway I have said unuff go the fords all the way.........
Don't get me wrong, I want the Fords to smash the Holden, but it is very unlikely it will happen.... No I don't have any real info, I have not even seen the Billion dollar baby TV show Holden made about the VE... I have not even driven a VE as of yet.. But it not rocket science to be able to work out that the VE is going to give Ford a very big headache when it come to the performance of each sides offerings...

Regardless whether or not the F6 was the first Aussie car to come out with 550nm, the pbulic wont give a toss, that was yesterday, and there buy a car today.. the public will not be fair, the public do not care.....

Whay does the new Clubsport have 550nm: to up the anti and to flog the begesus out ogf FPV... Ford/FPV have inflicked quiet a lot of war wounds to Holden/HSV and Holden/HSV have responded in a way that will hurt Ford/FPV and the BFII will be no match for the VE...... I hope I am wrong, but time will tell......

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 27-08-2006, 10:34 AM   #82
Dilan

(Pic taken from OCAU) After seeing this pic, the VE can be summarised as a rounded up VZ. Infact if you take a quick glimpse at the pic you would be forgiven for mistaking the VZ for a VE :

BREAKING NEWS: Porshce design team, not the laziest in the world
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled-2.jpg (24.4 KB, 86 views)
Dilan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2006, 10:37 AM   #83
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I would get the SSV 6speed auto in about 4 years time... unless ford can come up with somthing faster!.
You would buy a car purely on how fast it is?Thats all it takes?
How often would you use 100% of that power?
if its .05 sec fasster to 100kmh or down the quarter, thats it.
I guess i live in th readl world. Power is important, but so s ride, safety, looks, quality, comfort......
bathurst77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2006, 10:42 AM   #84
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
No all FPV vehicles are 50/50

50% chance that your Dealership will screw you over at some stage, and a 50% chance that they will void your warranty if they even think you tried to utilise the power.
It makes you wonder why we stay loyal to a brand when we get treated the way we do..... I personaly have seen a ladie on the verge of crying because the way she was treated at Sunshine Ford (Southport, Gold Coast).. Apparently they blamed her for near all the Vehicals defects (BAII XR6).... I referred her to Herrod, but she did not take I up.....

I will not take my car back into a Ford service center except for warranty repairs, excluding the drive line :hihi:

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 27-08-2006, 10:49 AM   #85
Aeron
DJR Fan

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I want the Fords to smash the Holden, but it is very unlikely it will happen.... No I don't have any real info, I have not even seen the Billion dollar baby TV show Holden made about the VE... I have not even driven a VE as of yet.. But it not rocket science to be able to work out that the VE is going to give Ford a very big headache when it come to the performance of each sides offerings...
Not wrong mate. People must have their eyes and ears closed if they think the VE isn't going to be a problem for Ford. At them moment, i'd say its a better built/designed/tested car than the BA & BF(II). One example, the drive line shunt in the BA & BF series cars................did Ford do any testing at all?? :
EC 1:51.283
WP 1:10.190

Me Drifting on the Skid Pan **Video**
Aeron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2006, 10:50 AM   #86
XRDRIFT
More Power, Bigger turbo

Im with XD ESP on this, you cant compare a BRAND NEW MODEL to a model thats been out for a year or 2. Wait till 2008 and talk then.

Indeed the VE has some features that shyt all over the Ford Falcon, but when was the BA/BF introduced to the market? 2002/3, and VE now!!! so theres a few years of R/D gone into the VE, I bet the guys at Ford engineering dept are whipping a storm into their new beast and for sure its gona be a VE whoop asser. They did it with the XR6t theyll do it again. And for the fact, I rode in a 385rwkw XR6t a few nights ago, total cost would be less than 80k including car, theres no way in the world a VE would beat it, and its a streetable car too.......

Fords are better, Holden is just playing catch up
Old 27-08-2006, 10:54 AM   #87
Jock260
Cast Iron fan

the ve is the best australian car ever produced in every aspect in my opinion, sadly, ford are going to have to pull something out of their A*S for this one because we are in serious trouble
Old 27-08-2006, 10:58 AM   #88
Jock260
Cast Iron fan

there is a great article on the ve, and 0-100km/h time and 400m times.....all i can say is....WOW!
Old 27-08-2006, 10:59 AM   #89
Dilan

Quote:
Originally Posted by minesbeta:-)
the ve is the best australian car ever produced in every aspect in my opinion, sadly, ford are going to have to pull something out of their A*S for this one because we are in serious trouble
I disagree, a serious update on looks and mechanical refinements and Holden will be playing catch up once again! :
Dilan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2006, 11:02 AM   #90
Jock260
Cast Iron fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilan
I disagree, a serious update on looks and mechanical refinements and Holden will be playing catch up once again! :
maybe.......but they are gonna have to be some really big updates, especially engine, fords are have to pull their socks up........fast