Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 08-12-2018, 12:52 PM   #31
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 2019 Ford Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefcio007 View Post
Some images of the wagon mentioned earlier for those interested.
Thanks for the images mate, can’t wait to see one in the flesh. I see a Focus Active (the orange colour is only available on the Active model) in front as well, so they can’t be far away either.

An official on sale date musn’t be far away!
Old 09-12-2018, 07:24 AM   #32
DJM83
Proper Gearbox User
Donating Member3

I really like that wagon.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 09-12-2018, 10:58 AM   #33
Craig@AUDI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cars are due to arrive this month, wagon looks like a winner!

Who wants to buy one?
Craig@AUDI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2018, 05:13 PM   #34
mickjf
Starter Motor

No likelihood of a manual for any performance Focus wagon variant killed it for me when I was looking for a new car mid this year. Ended up going with a new Civic Type R. Big enough hatch, easy to daily drive and sensational performance (just close your eyes while getting in).

If Ford had a manual ST or RS wagon, you would have had my money.

Still hoping for a 4 door MK8 Fiesta ST in the new year to replace my MK7 ST though
mickjf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2018, 11:07 AM   #35
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhilton View Post
Thanks for the images mate, can’t wait to see one in the flesh. I see a Focus Active (the orange colour is only available on the Active model) in front as well, so they can’t be far away either.

An official on sale date musn’t be far away!
After looking them all over the wagon is the pick looks wise. Very good looking vehicle. Active drives very nice and i'd expect the wagon to be a bit better again being lower to the ground.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2018, 02:37 PM   #36
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
After looking them all over the wagon is the pick looks wise. Very good looking vehicle. Active drives very nice and i'd expect the wagon to be a bit better again being lower to the ground.
I’m torn with specs, the Titanium models gets the HUD option, B&O sound, leather trim with heating and electric function and a few other nice bits, but the ST-Line Estate looks brilliant and has IRS in the wagon.

It’ll all come down to seeing and driving them I guess. Can’t wait get get out of an SUV and back into a car agin.
Old 12-12-2018, 04:47 PM   #37
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

For those interested, the Focus website is now live. ST-Line with the Design, Drivers Assist and Panoramic Roof Pack with Metallic Paint is $38k. The Titanium with Park Assist 2, Panoramic Sunroof, HUD and Metallic Paint is an eye watering $42k :(

For reference, an auto Corolla ZR can be had for $34k on road, and a Mazda 3 SP25 GT $35.5k before negotiation. I'm perplexed by the pricing, I feel like the poor dealers are going to have to discount heavily to be competitive.
Old 12-12-2018, 04:57 PM   #38
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
For those interested, the Focus website is now live. ST-Line with the Design, Drivers Assist and Panoramic Roof Pack with Metallic Paint is $38k. The Titanium with Park Assist 2, Panoramic Sunroof, HUD and Metallic Paint is an eye watering $42k :(

For reference, an auto Corolla ZR can be had for $34k on road, and a Mazda 3 SP25 GT $35.5k before negotiation. I'm perplexed by the pricing, I feel like the poor dealers are going to have to discount heavily to be competitive.

I did order an ST line months ago with all the packs but cancelled it when I seen the pricing, bought a demo Mondeo Titanium for less
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2018, 08:21 PM   #39
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:

Ford did the same thing when the German made LW Focus launched in 2011. They just don't learn do they.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2018, 10:37 PM   #40
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Ford did the same thing when the German made LW Focus launched in 2011. They just don't learn do they.
I think I paid $34k for my LW Titanium with Sport Executive Pack & Metallic Paint. Can’t even remember if that was a good discount?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Pursuit
I did order an ST line months ago with all the packs but cancelled it when I seen the pricing, bought a demo Mondeo Titanium for less
A bigger car, more powerful, full leather trim, Sony sound system, front parking sensors, electric boot, standard panoramic roof, the list goes on. I can see why mate.
Old 13-12-2018, 05:08 PM   #41
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
A bigger car, more powerful, full leather trim, Sony sound system, front parking sensors, electric boot, standard panoramic roof, the list goes on. I can see why mate.

It was a no brainer really. I would have liked to have the new Focus as its always nice to have the first of a model but on paper it did not stack up. We can pretty much use the Mondeo for everything where as the Focus would have only been a city vehicle.
Old 15-12-2018, 11:35 AM   #42
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Pursuit View Post
.....where as the Focus would have only been a city vehicle.
I want want want a Focus 2019 ST (not St-line), to replace my daily drive XR5 Mondeo. Don't consider the smaller Focus size as being city only. Years ago, I took, my 1980 Accord Hatch to Townsville (3000km one way from home,, and back !!) and 1400km one way to Adelaide, and frequent 7.5hr each-way drives over a weekend to visit parents on central north NSW coast. My later 1989 Prelude did the same, but in more comfort and my own form of zoom zoom.
I expect current new cars to be more comfortable and be well equipped for eating up this big country's miles.

The new Focus is not that small compared to earlier models. Don't discount it.
However, I am concerned about durability of that little 1.5lt 3 cylinder for scooting around big country Australia.

Re Prices: well, market forces will once again drive what happens there (pun intended).
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2018, 01:36 PM   #43
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Concerning the Stop-Start System. Do we know if it's able to be switched off?

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2018, 04:56 PM   #44
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

Yes the stop start and many other tech items can be turned off.
This car has so much tech in it. Everything is next level. From the stop-start adaptive cruise to the automatic led matrix headlights that stay on high beam but shine around oncoming traffic. The headlights also light up intersections and bends like we haven’t seen before. The lane keep assist too is next level as it keeps you in the centre of the lane, not bouncing off the lines like the previous system. We’re pretty close to autonomous now. But yes you can turn it off.
The 3 cylinder dragon engine has cylinder deactivation and runs on 2 cylinders while cruising. It also has a gasoline particulate filter which is a first for Ford.
New Zealand gets the diesel which looks like an absolute cracker looking at the specs.
Top_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2018, 01:51 PM   #45
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Thanks Top Ghia. There was a reason I asked not just because some people detest stop-start systems. This Mk IV is looking very appealing the closer it gets to release.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2018, 07:24 PM   #46
stefcio007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thought I might post some pricing for reference.

Focus Trend Hatch: $30,015
Focus ST-Line Hatch: $33,141
Focus Titanium Hatch: $38,876
Focus ST-Line Wagon: $35,225
Focus Active: $34,183

Pricing based on postcode of 3083.
stefcio007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2018, 10:09 AM   #47
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Eddie View Post
Thanks Top Ghia. There was a reason I asked not just because some people detest stop-start systems. This Mk IV is looking very appealing the closer it gets to release.

Why would you not want more tech in your new car? Many of these systems save lives.
Top_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2018, 12:28 PM   #48
Craig@AUDI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just got back for a 2 1/2 hour session on the Focus and the Endura.

Very nice on the inside and the outside indeed!
Old 17-12-2018, 01:23 PM   #49
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig@CumberlandFord View Post
Just got back for a 2 1/2 hour session on the Focus and the Endura.

Very nice on the inside and the outside indeed!
When do you get stock of both?
Old 17-12-2018, 03:24 PM   #50
Craig@AUDI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Soon I'm hearing, won't be long
Old 17-12-2018, 08:54 PM   #51
kiwiinoz

Quote:
Thought I might post some pricing for reference.

Focus Trend Hatch: $30,015
Focus ST-Line Hatch: $33,141
Focus Titanium Hatch: $38,876
Focus ST-Line Wagon: $35,225
Focus Active: $34,183
I

Pricing based on postcode of 3083.
Too expensive. Crazy. Won't sell. Ford have no idea ffs
Old 18-12-2018, 01:15 PM   #52
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwiinoz View Post
I'd assume they are drive away prices.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2018, 01:32 PM   #53
Craig@AUDI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yeh $2000 cheaper than the original 2011 built German Focus and it's packed with additional technology...crazy!
2 users like this post:
Old 18-12-2018, 01:58 PM   #54
kiwiinoz

No...compared to similar vehicles it's too much. Golf, I30 Corolla, Mazda 3, all cheaper to start. Ford are kidding themselves if they are trying to make their vehicles exclusive. The dealers I've dealt with are anything but. Ones at Pacific Ford on Sunshine coast QLD are terrible. Untidy, uninterested and shabby. Not the hallmarks of exclusive brands. Little things make a difference. Friendly, helpful, clean. Not hard
Old 18-12-2018, 04:25 PM   #55
stefcio007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Toyota just gave the Corolla a refreshed look by the way, lots of ads on TV, where are the Ford ads?
stefcio007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2018, 06:07 PM   #56
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Toyota just gave the Corolla a refreshed look by the way, lots of ads on TV, where are the Ford ads?
https://www.caradvice.com.au/712666/...sales-revival/
Mustang GT

Old 18-12-2018, 06:11 PM   #57
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
No...compared to similar vehicles it's too much. Golf, I30 Corolla, Mazda 3, all cheaper to start. Ford are kidding themselves if they are trying to make their vehicles exclusive. The dealers I've dealt with are anything but. Ones at Pacific Ford on Sunshine coast QLD are terrible. Untidy, uninterested and shabby. Not the hallmarks of exclusive brands. Little things make a difference. Friendly, helpful, clean. Not hard
Whilst I agree that Ford have priced the Focus too far up-market, to be fair those models you have listed all start as manual transmissions.

Ford making automatic standard and forgoing a true stripped out base model is what people tend to buy anyway, but without a price leader they risk not getting people to even step into the dealership to at least have a look.
Mustang GT

2 users like this post:
Old 19-12-2018, 10:07 AM   #58
kiwiinoz

I'm still positive about this new Focus. Mines ready for a change. Will definitely look at this. 30k may be a little to much sadly. My LW II Trend Manual was 20k drive away in 2013...
Old 19-12-2018, 04:18 PM   #59
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ford are making it hard for some of us to afford it.
My LZ demo was $18250 drive away.
kevino is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2018, 01:41 PM   #60
kiwiinoz

Saw my first new one parked in Mooloolaba this morning g. Red ST line. Very smart.