Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 01-01-2020, 02:19 PM   #1
stefcio007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Question Force Air Recirculate

Is there a way to do this?

It seems after a while it just goes back to taking air from outside.

Now normally that's no so bad as I can turn it back on pretty quick but now with the bushfires it's especially bad with air pollution.

I don't understand the logic. Am I missing something here?
stefcio007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2020, 02:39 PM   #2
prydey
Rob

Default Re: Force Air Recirculate

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefcio007 View Post
It seems after a while it just goes back to taking air from outside.
This is no doubt for your own safety. Using recirc for extended periods can be dangerous. Not sure if there is a work around for it. Not familiar with your car.
Old 01-01-2020, 02:41 PM   #3
stefcio007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

True, but I'd like to be able to choose the less dangerous option.

Another option might be to pre-cut some kind of filter material and place it on the inside of the outside vents.
Old 14-01-2020, 10:12 PM   #4
stefcio007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My dad drives an Endura at the moment and he said you can definitely force air-recirculate to stay on. Is this because it has Sync 3?
Old 15-01-2020, 12:07 AM   #5
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Your 2011 Focus is the European built vehicle with the indicator stalk on the LHS of the steering column. The later LW2 was built in Thailand and ID's by the blinker stalk on the RHS like most Aussie built vehicles.

In Europe its an EDR (I think that's correct), which is the equivalent of our ADR's to have the Fresh/Recirc vent to turn back to fresh after a certain time (around 10-15 minutes) so you don't breathe in your own Carbon Monoxide from the recirc position and fall asleep behind the wheel. Changing to fresh reduces this from happening. Because the car is built at sold in Europe, it was built to that specification. We do not have that as an ADR so there was no need to make any change to the vehicle when sold here.

When LW2 came along, built in Thailand for the Asia Pacific market, this was no longer a necessary function, so it was not specified to be like that and you can keep in either mode as long as you want.

You will find any vehicle built in Europe and sold here will be like this..
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2020, 12:08 AM   #6
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefcio007 View Post
True, but I'd like to be able to choose the less dangerous option.

Another option might be to pre-cut some kind of filter material and place it on the inside of the outside vents.
You should have a pollen filter in the vehicle to help like this:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FILTER-O...frcectupt=true
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post