Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2021, 05:53 PM   #12061
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: Covid 19 -

I think once borders actually open and the vaccination is a mandatory requirement we will see the final group able to be vaccinated go kicking and screaming to get the shots.

I know several people that love to travel and they also believe that the whole thing is a conspiracy and refuse to get vaccinated. Will be interesting to see what happens once they are told they can't leave the country.

It's a catch 22 situation... We need high vaccination to open borders but with so few vaccinated it's will take ages to get to that stage.

The current lockdown and the fact vaccinations are now much easier to access is helping. We just need someone in leadership to firmly state that once XX% of the population we WILL open borders to XYZ countries based on a traffic light system.

I believe we still have not been given that assurance.

What are we at now? 10%... not bad considering early last week we were at just over 4%.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Old 05-07-2021, 06:08 PM   #12062
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
how come you aren't sprouting your conspiracy theory's here like YB and PB?
u wot m8 ??
Old 05-07-2021, 06:31 PM   #12063
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Just found I’ve dodged an iso-bullet, the NSW exposure list has a supermarket I visited - but on the particular day I was four hours past the window period.
3 users like this post:
Old 05-07-2021, 06:41 PM   #12064
lumen8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
I think once borders actually open and the vaccination is a mandatory requirement we will see the final group able to be vaccinated go kicking and screaming to get the shots.

I know several people that love to travel and they also believe that the whole thing is a conspiracy and refuse to get vaccinated. Will be interesting to see what happens once they are told they can't leave the country.

It's a catch 22 situation... We need high vaccination to open borders but with so few vaccinated it's will take ages to get to that stage.

The current lockdown and the fact vaccinations are now much easier to access is helping. We just need someone in leadership to firmly state that once XX% of the population we WILL open borders to XYZ countries based on a traffic light system.

What are we at now? 10%... not bad considering early last week we were at just over 4%.
Morrison said negative test for incoming at stage 4, and quarantine if its positive... although he didnt say that for outgoing. He said fully vaccinated for outgoing.

Its possible they will want Australians vaccinated to go out, but allow negative tests for unvaccinated tourists to come in.. if one listens to what he actually said.

They are using rapid testing in other parts of the world right now and I was chatting to someone who landed in spain a few days ago from mexico, negative rapid test and was let in, is unvaccinated.
Old 05-07-2021, 06:45 PM   #12065
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Just found I’ve dodged an iso-bullet, the NSW exposure list has a supermarket I visited - but on the particular day I was four hours past the window period.

Nope...you have caught it for sure....get a test.

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
This user likes this post:
Old 05-07-2021, 06:50 PM   #12066
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse View Post
Ok got you now, you are definately not trying to be supercilious and argumentative.

This is your big plan to save Australia from Covid!

You write up the proposal for government to follow and I will try to sercure this to make your plan viable!

Thanks for your kind words mate, but it's no trouble really.
Let me know if i can sort out anything else for you I have a spare 5 minutes...

Old 05-07-2021, 06:51 PM   #12067
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
True, never thought of that. What will they do when international travel resumes and the carriers and countries require proof of vaccination?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva

Many countries saying a negative covid test before arrival will be enough. People are not going to be banned from international travel if they aren’t vaccinated. Some countries might have bans though.
3 users like this post:
Old 05-07-2021, 06:56 PM   #12068
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Many countries saying a negative covid test before arrival will be enough. People are not going to be banned from international travel if they aren’t vaccinated. Some countries might have bans though.

If a country has immunised most of its population, as most are aspiring to do, why would anyone bother with restrictions or vaccine passports?

Doesn't make sense really...may as well ask if they brushed their teeth ?

3 users like this post:
Old 05-07-2021, 07:06 PM   #12069
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
You forget the people who will get them to said country. Big Al has already said you ain't getting on Qantas ships without proof of vax. Other reputable airlines will most likely follow suit.

Good on them I say, I'm not sitting next to some selfish zombie for 20+ hours.
2 users like this post:
Old 05-07-2021, 07:06 PM   #12070
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
..........We just need someone in leadership to firmly state that once XX% of the population we WILL open borders to XYZ countries based on a traffic light system.

Officials are now working on a model for the vaccination targets to apply to the 4 phases. "It will be based on science". Whatever the number is, they will need to explain it to get people's buy in. The "just trust us" strategy hasn't really worked so far.

Another problem that will need to be solved is vaccine recognition. Whilst countries may allow you to initially enter based on a negative test, some of the activities that you can participate in within jurisdictions could be limited if are you not vaccinated or if the vaccine you have taken is not recognised. We've already seen how Springsteen on Broadway was initially locked out to people who have not taken a FDA approved vaccine (like AZ) , but they did back track soon after. The EU are also putting up extra hurdles for people who have taken AZ vaccines manufactured outside of the UK or EU.....that I assume includes AZ manufactured in Melb. Although I can't see this lasting for long, there will need to be a global standard.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 05-07-2021, 07:20 PM   #12071
lumen8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
If a country has immunised most of its population, as most are aspiring to do, why would anyone bother with restrictions or vaccine passports?

Do measures of more control by govt tend to ever go the other way?

Now that these things are in, id guess they are here to stay. How govts choose to use in the future them might vary.

In the EU currently for example, they have their EU vax passport.

However, for EU residents, a negative rapid test will get the unvaxed around just about anywhere. Malta is the only one I know of so far where they demand the double vax.

The rest you can move about if you are an EU citizen with a negative test, some want quarantine if you arent vax'd though, some let you out after day 5 if you test negative at day 5... it varies between countries but its similar, the negative test gets you around.

And if you are driving between some countries in europe you might not be asked for anything.
Old 05-07-2021, 09:00 PM   #12072
slowsnake
Banned

You know what?...I am 68 years old now and I still cannot fathom the politics of politics!
I know I'm not stupid, I know I can read and understand logic, my maths ain't bad, Inglish is gud, but I cannot get my head around just what a politician does for me?

Maybe Covid-19 was given to us to show us just how useless politicians are, show what they "dont" do to earn their keep, or expose just how easy they get taxpayers hard earned cash put into their "kicks".....

Just my outlook on things, no more or less!....

Cheers King Billy
3 users like this post:
Old 05-07-2021, 09:08 PM   #12073
hayseed

Quote:
Was the little Gay Leprechaun at QANTAS going to have a No jab No Fly Policy...??
3 users like this post:
Old 05-07-2021, 09:23 PM   #12074
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Officials are now working on a model for the vaccination targets to apply to the 4 phases. "It will be based on science". Whatever the number is, they will need to explain it to get people's buy in. The "just trust us" strategy hasn't really worked so far.
That's what I was getting at before. I couldn't recall his exact words but it was all wishy washy rubbish.

"It will be a scientific number..." or similar to what you said.

Why the ambiguity? Why they still scratching their heads like clueless baboons?

So many other countries that were far worse than us have crunched the numbers and got on top of things. They act like they are the first to be working this stuff out.

July 19 of Freedom Day for the UK. It gives people something to look forward to. A reward for their acceptance of the vaccination.

They, like other countries have made lists of places people can visit and on what basis. Now they can start to plan ahead. People can look forward to their next holiday, businesses can plan for future income based on estimates.

We are still working on a model.. which will be based on science.

And for some inspiration / motivation:

https://www.timeout.com/travel/where...ictions-advice

3 users like this post:
Old 05-07-2021, 09:31 PM   #12075
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
That's what I was getting at before. I couldn't recall his exact words but it was all wishy washy rubbish.

"It will be a scientific number..." or similar to what you said.

Why the ambiguity? Why they still scratching their heads like clueless baboons?

So many other countries that were far worse than us have crunched the numbers and got on top of things. They act like they are the first to be working this stuff out.

July 19 of Freedom Day for the UK. It gives people something to look forward to. A reward for their acceptance of the vaccination.

They, like other countries have made lists of places people can visit and on what basis. Now they can start to plan ahead. People can look forward to their next holiday, businesses can plan for future income based on estimates.

We are still working on a model.. which will be based on science.

And for some inspiration / motivation:

https://www.timeout.com/travel/where...ictions-advice
Getting a bit antsy Yellow_Festiva? My advice would be to refrain from reading too many outside stuff...it'll just get you depressed if you are hanging to travel.

The modelling will take time. I remember when Vic had their 2nd outbreak (the big one), they took several weeks to model on what numbers would allow them to safely open to limit the risk of an instant 3rd wave. Thousands of variables are analysed, scenarios played through, before a final number is spat out. Yes, you could argue they should have started this 8 months ago when vaccines were being announced.

Forget about the pollies....Australia has some of the best scientists and medical experts in the world, we need to let them do their work. Whether they spit a number out today or in 2 weeks time will really make no difference. They just need to get it right!

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
3 users like this post:
Old 06-07-2021, 02:36 AM   #12076
oldel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post

There's going to be people that want the vax but can't have it for health complications, there's going to be under 16s that aren't eligible, there's going to be a time the vax runs out or new variants brought in by travellers that are more resistant, ya pets and wildlife can even get covid.

Testing isn't even good enough, it just shows you are symptom-less now, if you recently got infected you could become the next super spreader in another 3 days.
2 users like this post:
Old 06-07-2021, 06:00 AM   #12077
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me View Post
This has me slightly perplexed. I tend to shop in the evenings as it’s less busy, but until 3PM on the subject day, all patrons and staff of this supermarket are required to test and self-isolate 14 days - yet after 3PM there is no considered lingering risk? As in, patrons are not even casual contacts. I’m relieved to not have been caught up but the abrupt transition from “all risk” to “no risk” seems odd. I’ve checked back on the official exposure list twice in the last eight hours.
2 users like this post:
Old 06-07-2021, 06:40 AM   #12078
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
u wot m8 ??
he knows
Old 06-07-2021, 07:56 AM   #12079
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
You know what?...I am 68 years old now and I still cannot fathom the politics of politics!
I know I'm not stupid, I know I can read and understand logic, my maths ain't bad, Inglish is gud, but I cannot get my head around just what a politician does for me?

Maybe Covid-19 was given to us to show us just how useless politicians are, show what they "dont" do to earn their keep, or expose just how easy they get taxpayers hard earned cash put into their "kicks".....

Just my outlook on things, no more or less!....

Cheers King Billy

Hey Billy not overly relevant to Aussie but the majority of pollies are cut from the same cloth.
There's a message here, I just can't quite seem to put my finger on it.

https://youtu.be/nqEVtGrluaA
2 users like this post:
Old 06-07-2021, 08:21 AM   #12080
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 7 View Post
Hey Billy not overly relevant to Aussie but the majority of pollies are cut from the same cloth.

......I wonder if it was actually pointed out to her.

Propaganda.....information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote a political cause or point of view.

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
3 users like this post:
Old 06-07-2021, 08:28 AM   #12081
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Be interesting to see how the Poms go. Basically living with the virus now once "Freedom day" arrives.............
Old 06-07-2021, 08:29 AM   #12082
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR-351 View Post
......I wonder if it was actually pointed out to her.

Propaganda.....information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote a political cause or point of view.
Funny you say that, was very quite on our news media front. But then our media is the scraps from the cloth that was cut.
3 users like this post:
Old 06-07-2021, 08:30 AM   #12083
lumen8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 7 View Post

Propaganda can work both ways though

I wonder if Jacinda would find that amusing.
4 users like this post:
Old 06-07-2021, 08:32 AM   #12084
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
Be interesting to see how the Poms go. Basically living with the virus now once "Freedom day" arrives.............
Haha " Freedom Day" see definition above.
Old 06-07-2021, 08:34 AM   #12085
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumen8 View Post

She que jumped on the shot, so I spose you might hope it's effective.
3 users like this post:
Old 06-07-2021, 08:37 AM   #12086
lumen8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

United Kingdom Prime Minister Boris Johnson has set out the final step in the lifting lockdown in England on July 19.

4 users like this post:
Old 06-07-2021, 08:45 AM   #12087
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumen8 View Post

Man that would have been much easier than getting the snip!
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
3 users like this post:
Old 06-07-2021, 09:45 AM   #12088
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpv8u
Out of curiosity Russ, if said unvaccinated 10% of the population for the purpose of the experiment, consisted 100% of people under the age of 40 or 50, on current CMR based on Australian Data what would be the projected fatalities?
Pretty much the numbers I posted originally based on our non-aged care CMR of about 0.5%.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 06-07-2021, 10:00 AM   #12089
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Old 06-07-2021, 10:09 AM   #12090
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Australia’s Method? Is that like Australian Crawl?

Things just-a
Don’t seem-a
To…be going right

Who else has had a near miss at being a close contact?
2 users like this post:
Closed Thread