Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 01-01-2011, 03:08 PM   #1
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Mondeo Taxi

I'm very surprised the Mondeo hasn't yet been used as taxis,lets face it its not a space issue so what is it! hey I'm not complaining but seeing heaps of Camrys around this car would have been an perfect taxi

apstar

apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2011, 05:59 PM   #2
stuart

Quote:
Originally Posted by apstar
I'm very surprised the Mondeo hasn't yet been used as taxis,lets face it its not a space issue so what is it! hey I'm not complaining but seeing heaps of Camrys around this car would have been an perfect taxi

apstar
You are right Apstar, travel to Europe and diesel cars are all used as taxis due to their long life engines, good fuel consumption and high load performance. Given the Mondeo's Euro construction and surface protection they would run for ages in Australia.
No issue in Germany about taxi use downgrading the brand either, 99% of the taxis there are Benz models.
MA TDCi Mondeo sedan
AU Fairmont sedan
EL Futura sedan
EF Futura wagon
XD 4 Ltr sedan
stuart is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2011, 07:42 PM   #3
ST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd say it would be parts and servicing costs in comparison to the Falcon. Plus the old tried and true formula, they stick to what they know.

Like Camry's and Commodore's there are probably a few around, but they will always be in the minority (which is a good thing for an owner believe me).