Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > Eurofordclub.com > EuroFordClub.com

EuroFordClub.com European Ford Owners Club of Australia forum

Old 29-09-2006, 03:24 PM   #1
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Talking Best Racing Dinner Sat 28th Oct / Oran Park Sun 29th Oct

I am heading out to see Darren, Treena and the Team for the final Round in the 2006 Australian Production Car Championship on Saturday and Sunday.

For those who don't already know, Darren has won the Class C Championship for 2006 in their mighty ST170.

It will also be one of the last opportunities to see the Focus go around the Oran Park Circuit as it's due to close within the next couple of years.

So if you're interested in coming out let me know.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2006, 04:45 PM   #2
photn
AFF Post NAZI

what are the prices for entry,?

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2006, 05:51 PM   #3
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Sean,

I don't know at this stage. It's not usually exorbitant but I'll check out their website www.pcaa.com.au and keep you informed.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Old 01-10-2006, 11:31 PM   #4
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

I'll be ther 100%!

Don't forget, we'll be having a special club dinner on the Saturday night of that weekend, too, to celebrate the teams acheivements this year. More details on that very soon! Leave the Saturday night free, NSW members, for a dinner with Darren, Treena, and the team! And those interested, we'll be going to the track on Sunday to watch the team finish the season, champions!

Timmeh
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2006, 12:43 AM   #5
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Ok guys - time to mark this one in your diaries.

Saturday 28th October - Dinner with Best Racing

Time: 7pm

Venue: TBA, most likely Hogs Breath or equivelant closest to Oran Park. Eddie - suggestions?

Details: This will be a congratulations dinner with Best Racing, on winning their 2006 Shannons Production Car Championship. Club members will get a chance to talk to the team and pass on their support, and also enjoy a good meal with the company of other club members.

We'll also be awarding the team a presento from our club, an A3 size (40cm x 28cm) collage commemorating their successful year. Now for the fund raising part of the night, prints of the collage will be available in A3 size on the night to purchase, with all money raised going to Best Racing to make sure they are able to get to the 12 Hour Production Car Race at Bathurst in 2007! The team have outlayed a huge amount of money on the car, in both terms of fuel, accomodation, tyres, rims, and repairs, so this is something we can do to help make sure the car gets as much support as possible for the 12 Hour Endurance Race at Bathurst. The team absolutely love having club members show up and talk to them, they love your support, so if you are trying to decide whether or not to go, come along! It will be an awesome night. The team have also ran our club logo on their car all year, so chip in and buy yourself an A3 print of the team collage to show you are a true supporter! They will look awesome framed, better than a normal poster!

The print design is a little hard to see as it is much reduced in size for your screen, but it is a chalk and charcoal rendition of a collection of images of the team from the year and will look fantastic. Prints can be ordered through me personally via mail, if you are unable to attend the evening or live interstate. All money will be forwarded on to the team.

Best Racing Championship Prints:
$20
Mailing Costs for those who can't be at the dinner:
$5

Bring them along to the Best Racing dinner and you can get it signed by the team. If you want a signed print but cannot attend the dinner, PM me and I'll take it along, get it signed, then mail it to you.

This will make the night more affordable for people, but if you want to donate anything extra to the team on top of the print, you're more than welcome to. All money goes directly to Best Racing.

A close up of the print to give you an idea of the image effect is below:

If you would like to come, please confirm your attendance for restaraunt bookings and also indicate if you would like a print or not.

Sunday 29th October - Oran Park

Time: 9am

Venue: TBA, meetup point somewhere for us to go into the track as a convoy. Eddie, where did we meet up last year?

Details: Heading to Oran Park for the final race of the series and to see Best Racing be awarded their Class C Champion trophy! A good chance to get out and see all sorts of cars racing.

-------------------------------------------------

Dinner Attendees Sat Night:
Timmeh +1

A3 Prints (40cm x 28cm):
Timmeh x1

Oran Park on Sunday:
Timmeh

Please come along and support the team!

Last edited by Timmeh; 07-10-2006 at 02:46 PM.
Old 07-10-2006, 12:45 AM   #6
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
what are the prices for entry,?
I think last year the entry fee was $15 or thereabouts for the whole day including pit access.

Tim
Old 07-10-2006, 01:04 AM   #7
Dshibi
A New Focus In Life...

Put me down as a dinner attendee please... and I think I can rack up enough dollars in time for a print Nice work there guys!

Not sure about Sunday for the moment.

Dan
Dshibi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2006, 10:20 AM   #8
whippet_zetec
Supes

Hi folks,

Would love to attened the dinner but have a function already booked in for that evening so will be unable to make it. Sunday race day is a shoe in (I think, better check with the missus).

Dont need a print Tim, have no where to hang it up..lol. I will still however chip in a donation to the team.

Todd
Old 07-10-2006, 01:13 PM   #9
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Timmeh,

Hope you received my p.m.

I think Eastern Creek M4 Mcondalds is a good meeting point. We could go via the M7 or the Northern Road. Defnitely put me down for a print. I'll find somewhere to put it no doubt.

Old 07-10-2006, 02:01 PM   #10
photn
AFF Post NAZI

IM IN IM IN IM IN IM IN IM IN.i want one of everything. so...im in for the dinner. im in for the day, im in for a poster. ill most probably meet all you guys at ORAN park as i live just around the corner basically. but as it gets closer ill let you all know.

M7 requires an eTag. im not sure how many ppl have the etag. northen road will be the most probable unless any1 can think of anything else?

Old 07-10-2006, 02:45 PM   #11
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Guys just an update on the cost of the print, it's not as expensive to print as I thought it might be. I went and got one made up and threw it in a cheap but nice frame and it looks fantastic.

With some signatures at the bottom, it will look even better!

I'll add the new print details, and will update my original post:

Best Racing Championship Prints:
$20
Mailing Costs for those who can't be at the dinner:
$5

Bring them along to the Best Racing dinner and you can get it signed by the team. If you want a signed print but cannot attend the dinner, PM me and I'll take it along, get it signed, then mail it to you.

This will make the night more affordable for people, but if you want to donate anything extra to the team on top of the print, you're more than welcome to. All money goes directly to Best Racing.

---------------------------------------

Timmeh +1
Abraxas
Fast Eddie
photn

A3 Prints (40cm x 28cm):
Timmeh x1
Abraxas
Fast Eddie
photn

Oran Park on Sunday:
Timmeh
Fast Eddie
Whippet Zetec
photn

Last edited by Timmeh; 07-10-2006 at 05:52 PM.
Old 07-10-2006, 05:52 PM   #12
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

You can count me in for all 3. Sounds like it will be an action packed weekend. HMMM hogs breath hmmmmmmmmmmm.
Old 07-10-2006, 05:56 PM   #13
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ill be there 100% for all three. Great food, Great people, Great racing what else could you want?
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2006, 03:26 PM   #14
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Guys,

I've p.m.'d Timmeh, but the possible venues are Hog's Breath Cafe at Narellan or Ettamogah Bar/Restaurant in Campbelltown. With another possible venue also t.b.c. Will confirm the venue a.s.a.p.

Old 09-10-2006, 03:33 PM   #15
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieoter
Ill be there 100% for all three. Great food, Great people, Great racing what else could you want?
Hot chicks???? free alchahol???? free fuel??????

Old 10-10-2006, 09:17 PM   #16
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Timmeh +1
Abraxas
Fast Eddie
photn
MISTA FIESTA
Pieoter

A3 Prints (40cm x 28cm):
Timmeh
Abraxas
Fast Eddie
photn
MISTA FIESTA
Pieoter

Oran Park on Sunday:
Timmeh
Fast Eddie
Whippet Zetec
photn
MISTA FIESTA
Pieoter

It's shaping up to be a great night. Eddie, we might call Hogs Breath and make a booking if the team are happy with it, I think everyone here seems to have good things to say about Hoggies!

Tim
Old 10-10-2006, 09:49 PM   #17
photn
AFF Post NAZI

YER YER YER HOGS BREATH just around the corner.

Old 11-10-2006, 02:36 PM   #18
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

That's perfect Timmeh. I'll e-mail Best Racing to get their thoughts.

Old 11-10-2006, 10:25 PM   #19
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hot chicks???? free alchahol???? free fuel??????
mmm... fuel. :sm_drool:

I won't be able to make it to the dinner, damn! I love hog's breath cafe. But I'll be there on the Sunday 29th Oct. As for the prints... Tim, I'll talk to you about it.

Cheers,

Ivan
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2006, 11:49 AM   #20
Blue_ST170

yeh im in for dinner and oran park....get my licence back the day before so my ST170s gonna be coming along :hihi:

Saving for: cat-back exhaust
Blue_ST170 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2006, 12:09 AM   #21
bestracing

We look forward to catching up with you all either at the track or dinner, on what will be an exciting weekend.

Regards

Darren Best
Best Racing
Ford Focus
ST170#76
bestracing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2006, 09:45 AM   #22
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Timmeh +1
Abraxas
Fast Eddie
photn
MISTA FIESTA
Pieoter
Blue_ST170

A3 Prints (40cm x 28cm):
Timmeh
Abraxas
Fast Eddie
photn
MISTA FIESTA
Pieoter

Oran Park on Sunday:
Timmeh
Fast Eddie
Whippet Zetec
photn
MISTA FIESTA
Pieoter
HyperKid
Blue_ST170

HyperKid and Blue_ST170, let me know if you would like a print as well!

To Darren and the team, looking forward to a great weekend and catching up with you all there!

Regards, Tim
Old 15-10-2006, 03:03 PM   #23
Blue_ST170

yeh ill take a poster. And congrats to the team for a great season.....good to see an ST170 racing.....

Saving for: cat-back exhaust

Last edited by Blue_ST170; 15-10-2006 at 03:28 PM.
Blue_ST170 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2006, 11:44 PM   #24
zetec
Zoom Zoom

I'm also in for a print mate, plus a little extra towards the fuel bill. PM sent.

I'll be in Perth supporting Gronholm and Hirvonen from the comfort of the corporate tent that weekend. Does that excuse me?
Old 16-10-2006, 04:27 PM   #25
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Don't have to rub it in Matt! but have a good time though. Try and take as many photos as possible and BTW the hat arrived today, looks cool.

Old 17-10-2006, 06:33 PM   #26
joshf2
striped

Timmeh +1
Abraxas
Fast Eddie
photn
MISTA FIESTA
Pieoter
Blue_ST170
joshf2

A3 Prints (40cm x 28cm):
Timmeh
Abraxas
Fast Eddie
photn
MISTA FIESTA
Pieoter
joshf2

Oran Park on Sunday:
Timmeh
Fast Eddie
Whippet Zetec
photn
MISTA FIESTA
Pieoter
HyperKid
Blue_ST170
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2006, 10:58 PM   #27
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Good to see you coming along, Josh, looking forward to seeing everyone there! It'll be a great night!

Timmeh +1
Abraxas
Fast Eddie
photn
MISTA FIESTA
Pieoter
Blue_ST170
joshf2

A3 Prints (40cm x 28cm):
Timmeh
Abraxas
Fast Eddie
photn
MISTA FIESTA
Pieoter
joshf2
Blue_ST170
zetec

Oran Park on Sunday:
Timmeh
Fast Eddie
Whippet Zetec
photn
MISTA FIESTA
Pieoter
HyperKid
Blue_ST170
Old 19-10-2006, 11:07 AM   #28
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Just had a quick check on Oran Park Website:
Adults $35
Children 11-16 years $15 (that means you sean) hahaha

Anyways I am very excited for this weekend. Ill have the trusty video camera on hand to capture the day.
Old 19-10-2006, 11:11 AM   #29
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
Adults $35

Anyways I am very excited for this weekend. Ill have the trusty video camera on hand to capture the day.
SWEET, sucked in fellas. i only pay 15 SHWING!!!!!

Old 19-10-2006, 05:31 PM   #30
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
Adults $35

This weekend???

The Oran park thing is on the 29th Oct, right? not 22nd Oct (which is this weekend).

Quote:
SWEET, sucked in fellas. i only pay 15 SHWING!!!!!
Yeah you gotta be at least 18 to be able to have access to the pit. :
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post