Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 07-09-2009, 03:07 PM   #1
coombesplo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Front Parking Sensors

Can anyone who has the feature fitted to their Mondeo help me out.

I have a Ford G6E and was wanting to fit the front sensors to the vehicle however have been told that I will need an on off switch as otherwise they will go off in traffic if i get too close.

I have seen these fitted to Mondeo's and was wandering if you need to turn them on to assist with forward parking manouveres?

coombesplo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2009, 03:28 PM   #2
RicOz

Quote:
Originally Posted by coombesplo
I have seen these fitted to Mondeo's and was wandering if you need to turn them on to assist with forward parking manouveres?
Yes you do need to turn them on. There is a button on the top right of the centre console. It will only let you turn them on below 16km/h. When the front ones are on, it also turns the back ones on at the same time. Both sensors also automatically come on if you go into reverse.

Try going through Macca's drive thru and you will understand why you don't want them to come on by default!
Old 07-09-2009, 08:17 PM   #3
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Once the Mondeo goes into reverse, they come on automatically and then turn off when going forward.

When I drive out of the garage, I've got front beeping, back beeping, it's nuts. So I hit the off button on the dash to kill the front. The bonnet doesn't slope too much. They are handy though.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2009, 10:20 PM   #4
coombesplo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks guys any chance either of you could post a pciture of the switch???
coombesplo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post